**** 7 17.50%
***** 8 20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-02-25, 17:52   Link #21
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valeyard
This thread is not about whether or not the anime is misleading. It is a discussion on episode 173.
Episode 173 is based on the manga.

Quote:
Read the thread guidlines!
Actually, the rules are "No spoilers".
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 17:59   Link #22
The Valeyard
Kikaichuu!!

Send a message via MSN to The Valeyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
Don't quite know how to respond to that one.

Quote:
Actually, the rules are "No spoilers".
Yes, and the rules are also "No off-topicness".
The Valeyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 18:02   Link #23
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Don't quite know how to respond to that one.
Then you shouldn't reply at all.

Quote:
Yes, and the rules are also "No off-topicness".
My comment wasn't off-topic at all.

I said Shino is rather weak, a character who appeared in this episode.
Old 2006-02-25, 18:30   Link #24
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What only made this episode bit of entertaining was Anko reminding her memories and why chose not to come with Orochimaru, presumably stated in the anime that he dumped her like trash.

I believe that the manga has never intended for now to expand upon Anko's memories of Orochimaru.

And it also was enjoyable to have another chance to listen to Orochimaru's theme.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 18:54   Link #25
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
No, no it's not. Not even close. You were doing so well, you made some useful posts, you even made me smirk with a line you said about 'That Jutsu', but then you ruined it, with all these pointless replies. Well done, YF. Well done.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 18:55   Link #26
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
No, no it's not. Not even close. You were doing so well, you made some useful posts, you even made me smirk with a line you said about 'That Jutsu', but then you ruined it, with all these pointless replies. Well done, YF. Well done.
Episode 173 is part of the anime which is based on the manga. Happy?
Old 2006-02-25, 21:58   Link #27
Tapp Zaddaz
Banned

Quote:
Episode 173 is part of the anime which is based on the manga. Happy?
No its not, it is filler part of the anime that is original and not based off of the manga.
Tapp Zaddaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 22:04   Link #28
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Well i Kinda have to agree with yellow flash. Not because we ahve prof that the it'S relevent tot he manga but because it just seems to unfatomable that teh anime team would write about a characters pass that has a direct link with Orochimaru, that is in large part the focus of the story when that could easily interfer with's Kishi's future plans. Unlest they ran this by Kishi to have his word on it. Althout we have no proof what so ever of that and that it is just pure speculations at this time.

So for now we must concider this as a filler and just that with no relevence to the Manga and story line.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 22:38   Link #29
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp Zaddaz
No its not, it is filler part of the anime that is original and not based off of the manga.
I believe YF is saying that, episode 173 is part of an anime title, which derived from the manga origination.

In other words, he is just saying that naruto is an anime that was made from its manga adaptation, and that episode 173 is an Naruto episode.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 01:16   Link #30
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
What only made this episode bit of entertaining was Anko reminding her memories and why chose not to come with Orochimaru, presumably stated in the anime that he dumped her like trash.

I believe that the manga has never intended for now to expand upon Anko's memories of Orochimaru.

And it also was enjoyable to have another chance to listen to Orochimaru's theme.
For me , Guma Bunta was really entertaining because I think this is second times summoning him by Naruto to the battle in anime.Correct me if I'm wrong.Even his sons reminded Naruto not to summon him, Naruto did it and he had to paid for that.

I was also blaming on the character development of Shino in the last two weeks ago. Because he couldn't handle his opponent, Chakra-Sucker guy. But current episode seems like he could manage to do well but still he needed help from Ino to bind the anime first before he did that.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 05:17   Link #31
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp Zaddaz
Sure. That's why Kishimoto has to approve of the anime. Because it isn't based on his manga.
Old 2006-02-26, 08:13   Link #32
lavielove

Quote:
Sure. That's why Kishimoto has to approve of the anime. Because it isn't based on his manga.
At the end of the short-arcs in the anime episodes, Naruto will be taken away by Ero-Senin to train for years, nobody is needed to come and approve the fact that anime is based on the manga or not based on the manga.

edit:fixed typo

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-02-26 at 11:23.
Old 2006-02-26, 09:19   Link #33
Hunter Nin.

Gama Bunta was mildly entertaining, but the rest of the episode (bar Anko) made me cringe. And the preview for the next episode; absolutely awful.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 09:23   Link #34
Yellow Flash
Banned

What did Gama Bunta say?

-

Last edited by Yellow Flash; 2006-02-26 at 15:34.
Old 2006-02-26, 09:55   Link #35
avangion

Quote:
Sure. That's why Kishimoto has to approve of the anime. Because it isn't based on his manga. [...] What did Gama Bunta say?
Does he? I thought one of the common complaints about filler quality is attributed to the lack of communication between the anime team and the manga guy. The Toad Boss said "Itchy!", or something along those lines. (His skin doesn't take well to salt water.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
At the end of the short-arcs in the anime episodes, Naruto will be taken away by Yondaime to train for years [...]
I'm pretty sure it is ero-senin instead.
avangion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 09:57   Link #36
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avangion
Does he? I thought one of the common complaints about filler quality is attributed to the lack of communication between the anime team and the manga guy.
I know. I was talking about the real anime, not filler episodes.
Anyway, Kishimoto doesn't tell them what to do.
But they still base the main story / action on the manga.
Old 2006-02-26, 10:05   Link #37
Hunter Nin.

Yeah, it's true that the filler is based around the main story of the manga but only very loosely which is why it's so awful. Not to mention filler characters and landscapes always look hideous and have not depth.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 11:28   Link #38
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Nin.
Yeah, it's true that the filler is based around the main story of the manga but only very loosely which is why it's so awful. Not to mention filler characters and landscapes always look hideous and have not depth.
True enough, in this arc we had a chance to see some interesting character like Isaribi. But in the next week filler, she could be found no where. What? we have to assume like she's selling pizza in one of the food stalls in Kanoha ? that's what most of the people don't like about short-arcs(I prefer to call them short-arcs rather than fillers).If they could reuse the characters that they had introduced in the short-arcs somewhere, there will be much more interesting. Because the one that really made the shonen series successful is the character developement in the first point.

We already knew that these arcs are not in sequence but sometimes I want them to be related somehow.Anyway just 6 more weeks to go.So I would stop that nutting.
Old 2006-02-26, 13:23   Link #39
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes
Well i Kinda have to agree with yellow flash. Not because we ahve prof that the it'S relevent tot he manga but because it just seems to unfatomable that teh anime team would write about a characters pass that has a direct link with Orochimaru, that is in large part the focus of the story when that could easily interfer with's Kishi's future plans. Unlest they ran this by Kishi to have his word on it. Althout we have no proof what so ever of that and that it is just pure speculations at this time.

So for now we must concider this as a filler and just that with no relevence to the Manga and story line.
Of course, there's always the chance Kishimoto will absorb this into manga canon...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 03:21   Link #40
k4r1

Send a message via AIM to k4r1
a bit off topic... but does anyone know the music played in the background during 08:04 until 10:26?
k4r1 is offline   Reply With Quote