Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-04, 18:47   Link #221
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
@duckroll - I've seen no proof of horrible ratings (provide them)
Here are the TV ratings for Geass ep1-19

1.7% 1.9% 2.5% 1.5% 1.2% 2.1% 1.2% 2.0% 2.7% 2.9% 1.8% 1.9% 1.7% 1.7% 2.9% 2.1% 2.4% 2.3% 1.7%

Even compared to other late night shows that air after midnight, the ratings are consistant at best. The thing about late-night shows is that the ratings are usually really poor because no one watches TV at night. They'll rather just download the episode the next morning. To say that Geass has good TV ratings is a HUGE piece of misinformation.

The show on the timeslot of Geass before it aired was the rerun of Eureka Seven, the ratings were also between 1.2% to 2.4%. Darker than BLACK on the same timeslot now has similar ratings.

Code Geass is considered a huge success for Bandai because it is the most successful new IP they have created in many, many years as far as merchendizing sales, magazine popularity and DVD sales goes. TV ratings are a completely different ball game.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 18:58   Link #222
brightman
Ancient Member

Code Geass's ratings don't matter at all, considering the fact that as a late night anime, its producers are expected to lose money during the broadcast while making up for it with merchandising and DVD sales.

But nevertheless, even with its popularity and status as Sunrise's top new IP in many years, Code Geass's profits pale in comparison to Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny.
Old 2007-06-04, 18:59   Link #223
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^OK so the timeslot is $hit...I can accept that, so would it be fair to say if Geass were given the primetime slot Gundam has been afforded for years it would have been ratings winner (Based on everything else)? And the fact they haven't had a non-Gundam mecha this popular in years has me convinced they'll use some of that influential success from Geass in Gundam 00...

Whatever channel that is they have some good-a$$ shows on late-night when no one is watching...Darker than Black, E7, and Geass are some damn good late-night shows..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Code Geass's profits pale in comparison to Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny.
That's what I'm saying, Gundam will never be trumped, but if Bandai uses Geass' success as a template for Gundam, which will have a great timeslot and a built in audience, I think we can expect a real good effort from Gundam 00...
Old 2007-06-04, 19:02   Link #224
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^OK so the timeslot is $hit...I can accept that, so would it be fair to say if Geass were given the primetime slot Gundam has been afforded for years it would have been ratings winner (Based on everything else)?
Its ratings would be higher for sure. But at least according to the director, if Code Geass had gotten the doroku slot as originally planned, the series would have turned out much different and the show would appear more like a generic mecha show. So the fact that you enjoyed it more may be that it was more specifically targeted to audiences like you, rather than to a more broader demographic.

But I get your point though. Sunrise can stand to pick up a few things from Code Geass's IMO better planned storyline. And it does appeal to both male and female demographics without alienating either of the two too much, which is another plus.
Old 2007-06-04, 19:10   Link #225
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

the last guy looks like shin
Old 2007-06-04, 19:15   Link #226
duckroll
綺羅星★!

So guys... are we back to talking about Gundam 00 again? :-)

Hopefully Newtype hits subscribers in Japan today, and we get some awesome scans. I'm HYPED!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 21:07   Link #227
Kollunz

about 5 minutes ago i was tired and realllllyyyyy bored. but after hearing about the new gundam series.... it was like i drank a cup of starbucks and the caffeine kicked in in a about second... a tear almost fell from my eye =DDDD
Kollunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 22:56   Link #228
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Okay folks... NewType Japan seems to have some random information available for us:

Celestial Being
Union
Solar Reactor
GN Particle

http://www.imgup.org/iup393110.jpg <--- source
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 23:08   Link #229
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Another word for saying:

"Alien (outer-world) crack-powered walking tin-can piloted only by emo boys & girls in a world thats recently been given a face-lift"

Hmm, haven't we seen that before.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 23:13   Link #230
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Gunota reports staff:

Director - Seiji Mizushima
Series Composition - Yusuke Kuroda
Character design - Yun Kouga
Animation character design - Michinori Chiba
Mecha design - Kunio Okawara, Kanetake Ebikawa, Takayuki Yanase
Mechanic concept design - Hitoshi Fukuchi, Kenji Teraoka
Animation mechanic design - Seiichi Nakatani
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 23:33   Link #231
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Teaser Screenies (not 56K friendly)

The green gundam's head can switch from the traditional gundam eye to monoeye mode. It's probably for targeting purposes. And that cone shaped thingy on the back of the blue looks like a giant subwoofer from pimp my ride lol.
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 23:43   Link #232
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
Teaser Screenies (not 56K friendly)

The green gundam's head can switch from the traditional gundam eye to monoeye mode. It's probably for targeting purposes. And that cone shaped thingy on the back of the blue looks like a giant subwoofer from pimp my ride lol.
Another observation if u look at that fighter u can see what looks like a v fin possible transformable suit?
Old 2007-06-05, 00:10   Link #233
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
I actually have no idea what D-KLAC means...
Have no idea what D means, but KLAC = Kira Lacus Cagalli Athrun... me and aeriolewinters kinda know him...

About the G 00 characters, anybody have any idea what their names are? Names will do for now.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 00:19   Link #234
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

D i think is Destiny...

But nonetheless, on more serious matters.

I'm sincerely excited to know that the series is in good hands. There will be a lot of expectations but I think this is for the better.

I hope that we get good girls this time, Lunamaria and Stellar were so badly written, I'd think Shinn was forced to like both... x_x
Old 2007-06-05, 00:26   Link #235
GhOsTeDgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Have no idea what D means, but KLAC = Kira Lacus Cagalli Athrun... me and aeriolewinters kinda know him...
Death to - Kira Lacus Athrun Cagalli? =Pjk
Anyways Gundam 00, no godmode this time pls. With Mizushima on the helm he shouldn't have a problem killing off characters if need be.
GhOsTeDgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 00:26   Link #236
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
In fairness to Stellar, she was quite better written (an infinitesimal bit though) than Lunamaria was. At least we kinda knew that she was following Neo like an adoring little puppy and that Shinn changed her life somehow, whereas Lunamaria... ._________. We know she and Shinn were classmates at the ZAFT Academy, but in the case of being that classmate who might know a bit about Shinn more than Stellar...she quite fails...X______x and of course, that heart stopping embrace...O.O;;

I also noticed the V fin suddenly disappearing...Moon Tiara Action, anyone?

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 01:05   Link #237
rpgman1

A new Gundam series coming this Fall? I really wanted to see a new Gundam series after the tragedy called Destiny. At least this series looks promising judging by whose on board for this series. I want a coherent series with plot and a gundam that is slightly power but never over-the-top.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 01:27   Link #238
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Gunota reports staff:

Director - Seiji Mizushima
Series Composition - Yusuke Kuroda
Character design - Yun Kouga
Animation character design - Michinori Chiba
Mecha design - Kunio Okawara, Kanetake Ebikawa, Takayuki Yanase
Mechanic concept design - Hitoshi Fukuchi, Kenji Teraoka
Animation mechanic design - Seiichi Nakatani
Seiichi Nakatani for animation mech design and I suppose main AD? Not a bad choice at all, though would have liked to see Eiji Nakada take on Gundam again, but unfortunately he'll be wasting his time on Geass season 2.

I definitely have higher hopes for this than I would have expected however.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 02:50   Link #239
nightbringer360

From Gunota:

Quote:
MS Gundam 00 official press releases
From Sotsu Agency's official website, the press release for Mobile Suit Gundam 00, the 12th Gundam TV series and the first to be broadcast in Hi-Def. The premise is given as follows:

"The setting is Earth 300 years from the present day, in 2307 AD. The series depicts the protagonist, Setsuna F. Seiei, who pilots a mobile suit (Gundam Excia) for a mysterious private militia (Celestial Being), going against a whole world where conflicts never cease and the struggle to eradicate war."

Bandai Namco's press release says the first Gundam 00 plamodel, the 1/144 Gundam Excia, comes in September. Outside of Gunpla, expect a slew of merchandising including figures, candy toys, vending machine stuff, apparel, video games, mobile content, and DVD & video.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 03:04   Link #240
monster

12th? Wasn't Destiny 10th? Which series am I missing?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers