AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-08-07, 07:18   Link #9261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

3rd times the charm right guys ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 09:22   Link #9262
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Fourth Burning Legion invasion of Azeroth.

First there was 10,000 years ago with the Night Elves and the whole breaking of the world thing at the Well of Eternity.

Then there was the Third War invasion after Azeroth had been softened up by first the Horde invasion and then the Scourge, followed by the near disaster of first contact between the Horde/Alliance and the Night Elves.

Then there was the invasion from Outland.

Then an invasion of alternate Draenor which has lead to this new invasion of Azeroth on the Broken Isles. Considering this is the second time a Guldan has gone there for the Tomb of Sargaras, one wonders if the first one had the same mission, or if he was just a greedy warlock in the Second War.

Plus a few smaller invasions over the years of demons.

Most invasions of Azeroth have been instigated by either the Burning Legion or the Old Gods. And there is some thought that even the origin of the Burning Legion is an act of the Old Gods to undermine the Titans. Chogall seems to work for the Old Gods rather than the Legion, even on Draenor.

The Old Horde was a product of the Burning Legion to wage a proxy war on Azeroth (they did not however encounter the Burning Legions old enemies the Night Elves at that time).

The Scourge was a Legion construct to distract the natives while preparing for a full invasion.

The Iron Horde was a setback, though seems to have worked in the Legions favor as it has left Azeroth vulnerable to invasion again.
Old 2015-08-07, 10:16   Link #9263
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...n-hazzikostas/

So Artifacts are the only weapons you get in Legion and there are no weapon drops? Interesting.

Also, cool ideas for the Hunter class, making Survival a melee spec and Marksmanship a "no pet" spec.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 10:51   Link #9264
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

FINALLY THE TIME HAS COME!!! SOMEONE THROW A DANCE PARTY!!!

I've been waiting for them to do a Burning Legion expansion since BC/Wotlk/Cata. It's also nice they are also bringing in Azshara, and Xavius (was surprised to see him here). Although it's a little awkward to see the same map pattern again for the new zone. The whole using the artifact throughout the expansion is... Interesting to say the least. Also that Medivh shoutout in the trailer.

I suppose if they don't have to bother with weapon designs and stats. They can focus more on bringing purpose to the only weapons you'll have to use. I'm still a little baffled they brought in the Ashbringer. To which they previously took out because it didn't make sense with Tirion having it. It seems they also took out the garrison idea from Draenor. Or Doomhammer even as I'm watching the live stream video.

So they went along with the paying for subscription cost with gold? I'm so tempted, so very tempted to resub just with this...

Last edited by Hooves; 2015-08-07 at 12:33.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 13:54   Link #9265
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Save this time, the King will listen to the warnings about the Legion.

With us getting all these named weapons of Lore...I wonder if they are basically killing everyone that owned them off. Though to be fair there are now two Doomhammers in the world (of Warcraft). The paladins bit says that the you go back to find Ashbringer on the shores of the Broken Isle, so I would guess Tirion fell in battle there. Or he's aged too much to fight anymore, and gives it to the best Paladin in the world (that would be "YOU"). Multi-class parties will have multiple of the same weapon that there should only be one of, but that really isn't anything new. How many people had the other Legendary weapons back in the day? How many Epics are suppose to be one of a kind items?

I still transmog my staff to look like the Archmage's Staff.
Old 2015-08-07, 17:14   Link #9266
GDB

Wonder how artifacts will work on multi-spec classes that vary wildly, like Paladins.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 17:51   Link #9267
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wonder how artifacts will work on multi-spec classes that vary wildly, like Paladins.
It's shown that there will be different weapons entirely. In the reveal video they have on their channel. They showed 2 blades for Frost Death Knights, which leaves me wondering. If you switched specs, what will happen to your artifact? Will it simply just change to your respective spec?
Old 2015-08-07, 17:55   Link #9268
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You might have a few artifact weapons for different specs, They did say there would be one weapon for each of the 36 specs.

Though I'm not sure how honest that is verse just different skins for each weapon to imply a spec for a specific class weapon.

While I can see Warlocks getting a sword or dagger, I usually prefer a staff or wand. Though these days if I have an offhand I tend to transmog it into an Umbrella of Chi-Ji
Old 2015-08-07, 18:23   Link #9269
GDB

Honestly, I'd be 100% fine as a Holy Paladin using a big two-hander. It's not like we unsheathe the shield anyway when we cast, and the amount of defense/survivability it grants is pretty much worthless.
Old 2015-08-08, 13:12   Link #9270
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

There is a healing 2hander in HFC, from.. tyrant? I think, one of our Paladins has it. Also, some stuff from earlier expansions, so no reason it wouldn't work.
Old 2015-08-08, 13:51   Link #9271
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You will be able to use transmog on your new weapon, but won't be able to make other weapons look like your new artifact weapon.

If Warlocks get a staff, unless it looks super cool, I'm still going to transmog it into the Archmage's Staff. Because that's a cool staff.
Old 2015-08-10, 05:12   Link #9272
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I'll want to see more things as well, but I am leaning towards thinking they're pouring everything into one last expansion and trying to go out on a relative high (although Wrath will always be the peak for them).

Their most recent numbers have WoW at 5.6 million.

Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 3 have 70 million between them.
Oh please, why would you even think this was the last expansion for WoW? Everquest has 21 expansions, Final Fantasy XI has 5 expansions and 6 addons and both games are nowhere near the success of WoW.

And those combined numbers for Hearthstone, HOTS and Diablo 3 are lifetime accounts, which WoW by itself is well over 100 million. (And think how many of the HS and Heroes accounts where just downloaded and played for an hour and never touched again for like zero profit for Blizzard.... the money in those games like all F2P is in the whales....)

Blizzard have been saying for years they're trying to get faster expansions out for WoW, they've been saying for a long time that this is the biggest the WoW team has ever been.

They have a Warcraft movie coming out next year which they'll probably launch the expansion near, thinking this is the last expansion is just daft.... especially when 5.6 million subs absolutely crushes everything else in the genre. They'll turn WoW F2P before they drop is and that's probably a long time off anyway....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 10:44   Link #9273
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They have mentioned now that they are already working on the next expansion after Legion.

No idea where that will go, but the last several expansion following on CATA have been sort of linking the stories together, with CATA being the basic reboot to the plot and world after we had closed off most of the loose ends from Warcraft 3. Most things have been pointing toward the Burning Legion, and/or the Old Gods having it out with the Titans, with Azeroth in the middle. Or Azeroth and its allies on Draenor taking the fight to the Legion in the first counter-offensive in millennia.
Old 2015-11-06, 15:49   Link #9274
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
They have mentioned now that they are already working on the next expansion after Legion.
Whooo, long bump. But yeah, maybe they should've been working on Legion instead because it's not coming out until sometime between July 2016 and September 2016.

Also checked out the artifact previews they put up. Ashbringer (Ret Paladin) is the only one that looks amazing of the classes I play(ed), with Prot Warrior's looking pretty good.

Beyond the classes I play, Demonology Warlocks' looks pretty awesome. Cat and Bear Druids get neat new forms. Marksman Hunters' looks good in the render, but bad on the model. Resto Shamans' looks kind of bland, but has a really sweet water effect going on.

The rest all look rather bland and listless. Thank god they have alternate skins.
Old 2015-11-06, 16:01   Link #9275
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

EDIT: Holy shit everyone looks ancient

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2015-11-06 at 16:11.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-07, 01:49   Link #9276
Mr Hat and Clogs

Varians chin isn't large enough.

TBH I was expecting him to die there, considering the overtones in the dialog parallels with King Terenas speech to Arthas during the WotLK trailer.

Sylvannas looked a little weird to me, I dunno something felt off with her.

Other than that, OTP Varian x Sylvannas. !! lol.
Old 2015-11-07, 01:54   Link #9277
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'd ship it! XD

Yea the CGI Trailer had a huge leap from the last one. Everyone looks to realistic.
Old 2015-11-07, 02:54   Link #9278
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, Windrunners are hot. Even when undead.
Old 2015-11-07, 04:08   Link #9279
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I'd ship it! XD

Yea the CGI Trailer had a huge leap from the last one. Everyone looks to realistic.
That might be it, they looked less cartoon~y than what Blizzard has shown in the past I guess.
Old 2015-11-07, 04:20   Link #9280
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

And Sylvannas becomes Varian's new Queen. lol

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows