AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 03
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 49 22.17%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 39 17.65%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 52 23.53%
7 out of 10: Good... 46 20.81%
6 out of 10: Average... 18 8.14%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 6 2.71%
4 out of 10: Poor... 6 2.71%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 5 2.26%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-10-03, 09:33   Link #381
kitten320

SAO is not just a game, characters are actually inside of it. We are not talking about a typical online game where you move your mouse, put your attacks on a loop and go to bed sleeping while your character keeps killing monsters and leveling up while you are away. When you wake up, nothing has changed for you as a person. If someone gets killed in the game, it doesn't matter to you. People you meet online are just line buddies with whom you might not ever meet.

The SAO world is as real as it can get. Characters die in it and they are actually present in there. They have to eat and sleep like in real life. You can't put yourself on a loop. You communicate with everyone like a real person, not through a tiny chat box. People you talk to there are as real as life people. SAO world is basically their new Earth, nothing has really changed except that they have powers and monsters wanting to kill them.

SAO is real and requires same developments as in real world when it come to character growth both emotional and physical.

The higher your level is, the harder it is to raise it because of the exp requirement too.

I seriously don't mind for MC to be strong, that's norm. But not in just 3 episodes! It's like if was I watching a show and then decided to skip through some episodes or arcs.
Old 2012-10-03, 09:41   Link #382
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Kirito has a bit of an illusion of power early on, because while he's a pretty good gamer regardless, he's just a high level hanging out in lowbie zones.

And his levels come from hours and sleepless nights spent grinding boars all alone.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 09:42   Link #383
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
SAO is not just a game, characters are actually inside of it. We are not talking about a typical online game where you move your mouse, put your attacks on a loop and go to bed sleeping while your character keeps killing monsters and leveling up while you are away.
Not all MMO/MO RPGs are point and click games, y'know. A lot of them require the use of on-the-spot tactics and the player to actively evade the boss (The Souls series, Tera, Blade & Soul, and so on..). SAO just happens to be a very real game wherein dying means dying in the real world. Yes, it has to approached differently because of the death aspect, but at its essence, it's still a game and should be treated as such in order to clear it.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 09:43   Link #384
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I mean for real?
They turned a cowardly loser from episode 1-2 into a powerful killing machine in just 2 episodes! How am I supposed to call it?! Lazy writing is the only thing on my mind!
To be fair, he was still the same Ep 1, 2, and 3... someone who is essentially anti-social, but home-sick on "family love"... Well, to say, his weakness was the reason for Ep 3 anyway.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 09:58   Link #385
kitten320

I still can pick on things but I'll leave it at that since I still do not agree for most part.

Later will see how things develop in episode 5 and 6.
Old 2012-11-06, 22:21   Link #386
Newfan

I'm really getting into this anime. However, this episode seemed a little out of sync.
The time skips really threw me off. The time in this game is going by fast.
The character development is going pretty slow in comparison to how fast time is going by IMO.
The development of relationships is also going by pretty slow for how much time is going by as well.

I can see what another poster was talking about when they said this episode was a side story in the light novel series. The events in this episode seemed to be building on something, or towards something, but lacked real substance.
All in all a good show.
Newfan is offline   Reply With Quote