Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-05, 14:08   Link #21
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNite View Post
I seriously wonder how long can i last with this game. U hav the 2nd games with the IF route and af u complete tt u av the "All Nation" mode n aft u can try 5 stars difficulty. I can play this 4 months and i also wanna really thank Alicesoft 4 making this great and unique H-game. Live and Rock on Alicesoft ^_^.
If you enjoy this, you might also want to try their Dai Banco and Dai Akuji games as well as a game by Eushully called Meishoku No Reiki or something like that.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 11:50   Link #22
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Kaioshin_Sama got any guides or walkthrough 4 the game other than the alicesoft website one?? I cant seem to conquer the whole of JAPAN.
EternalNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 18:02   Link #23
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

You're not supposed to, unless you're on the Kill the Monkey route. Most of the story routes will have some events that you have to deal with to win, and you don't need to conquer all of JAPAN. But if for some reason you want to, and you're missing the top right corner, there's an exploration event somewhere you need to do before you can go there.
Old 2008-01-06, 21:49   Link #24
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNite View Post
Kaioshin_Sama got any guides or walkthrough 4 the game other than the alicesoft website one?? I cant seem to conquer the whole of JAPAN.
It's like Selkird said. After a certain number of turns a series of events will kick in that you are forced to deal with or face game over. These include:

Spoiler for Events to watch for, and seriously they are spoilers:

Now if you complete your first playthrough and have the version 1.03 patch installed you will have the option to unlock the other modes/routes such as the aforementioned Kill The Monkey route or the free play All Nation Mode where you can choose to start as any one of the houses and have free reign for the most part over the flow of the game.
Old 2008-01-06, 22:27   Link #25
Garet Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3g View Post
Oh wow @ video 0_0 1114 combo on Rebirth the Edge
I wanna try it too... but I might die of heart failure

Great song and great game. Spent more time playing this game than any other except MMO.
On that note, Kaioshin, do you know if the Stepmania song file is available anywhere? I couldn't find it.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 04:44   Link #26
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Quote:
On that note, Kaioshin, do you know if the Stepmania song file is available anywhere? I couldn't find it
Same goes 4 me...I wan tt simfile!!!

Quote:
It's like Selkird said. After a certain number of turns a series of events will kick in that you are forced to deal with or face game over.
Ok i completed once by killing Demon Nobunaga af downing his lvl for 4 times to lvl 58...XD But i notice tt happens around Turn 74 and Suzune's event by minimizing the stone man doesnt drag the final battle too long or m i wrong??
Old 2008-01-07, 05:36   Link #27
w3g
Eroge > Life
*Fansubber

Most important thing to keep track of in game is the number of bottle gourds that are broken. You can check the number on the top-right system info button. One of those breaks every time you defeat a country that has one. When the 5th bottle gourd breaks, demon comes out and the route selection is set. If you want to go a specific route, make sure you time it before the 5th breaks.

Also, if you drag too long without advancing the story, those things break by themselves on the 15th, 30th, 50th, 70th and 90th turn. The longest you can drag on without entering a specific route is 90 turns. After you enter a specific path, you will spend more turns on each specific story, and some paths can let you play on indefinitely until you decide to end them.

And I want that stepmania file too!
w3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 11:40   Link #28
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Haha looks like we r all craving 4 tt simfile...any links ppl? Well i c cuz on my 1st play(and only play) JAPAN was going to b sink at around turn 74+ so i rushed to final battle. Through my 1st paly i conquer: Hara,Ashikaga,Iga,Tenshiism,Asai Asakura,Miko,Uesugi,Akashi.

Takeda+Tokugawa n Mori looks too strong 4 me due to Takeda's animal troops killing all my bak row XD.Mori's general looks too strong to fight with. One eye's 1st piece of land looks crazy already... Takuga looks crazy too.Shimazu got taken over... I cant reach these places - Imagawa(due to Tokugawa blocking),Hojo(Takeda killed them!), Tanagashima(i attacked Akashi,Hojo killed them).

I feel like a loser...XD in this game i mean.
Old 2008-01-07, 13:30   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Sorry, I don't have the sim file, but I do have the song itself along with the rest of the OST.

The strongest houses in the game appear to be Hojo, Mori, Tokugawa, Takeda and One Eye in that order from what I've heard. Yes apparently Mori's maid trio is difficult to take down.

By the way, Eternalnite, I may be wrong, but I think the game allows you to toggle the difficulty. If not then I'm thinking of Meishoku No Reiki again. I have to be honest, I don't have Sengoku Rance installed right now and am going by vague memories of what I recall when I gave it a trial run. Most of my experience lies in it's predecessor Kichiku-Oh Rance which I just beat this past week. My only advice is to try and use strong characters to get the job done in conquering. Rance is good, and you can always trigger the event that calls in reinforcements from the Mainland. That will net you some solid captains.

I also know that in your second playthrough you can unlock Kenshin from the get go, which should help a lot. Other good units I know of include Suzume, One Eyed Masamune (second playthrough), Mori Motonari, Yuzuhara Yuzumi (for her sniping ability), Nanjo Ran, Inukai, Tokugawa Ieyasu and Hojo Syoun. A team composed of these guys is really hard to beat. The catch is that many of these characters are only available in your second playthrough, and the events needed to get them can have tricky timing or requirements.
Old 2008-01-07, 14:03   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i heard of this game and before and would love to play it. But alas i don't know any japanese and i am not aware of any group attempting to translated it.

Now if someone knows there is Chinese ver some where i would appreciate it if they point it out.
Old 2008-01-08, 00:11   Link #31
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The strongest houses in the game appear to be Hojo, Mori, Tokugawa, Takeda and One Eye in that order from what I've heard. Yes apparently Mori's maid trio is difficult to take down.
Yep, Takeda is especially powerful, and their cavalry units will rip you apart if you're not careful. A short time after declaring war, their four captains will also do a quadruple charge every other turn or so, which is extremely difficult to defend against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
By the way, Eternalnite, I may be wrong, but I think the game allows you to toggle the difficulty. If not then I'm thinking of Meishoku No Reiki again. I have to be honest, I don't have Sengoku Rance installed right now and am going by vague memories of what I recall when I gave it a trial run. Most of my experience lies in it's predecessor Kichiku-Oh Rance which I just beat this past week. My only advice is to try and use strong characters to get the job done in conquering. Rance is good, and you can always trigger the event that calls in reinforcements from the Mainland. That will net you some solid captains.
I also know that in your second playthrough you can unlock Kenshin from the get go, which should help a lot. Other good units I know of include Suzume, One Eyed Masamune (second playthrough), Mori Motonari, Yuzuhara Yuzumi (for her sniping ability), Nanjo Ran, Inukai, Tokugawa Ieyasu and Hojo Syoun. A team composed of these guys is really hard to beat. The catch is that many of these characters are only available in your second playthrough, and the events needed to get them can have tricky timing or requirements.
You can select from a couple of different difficulties, but the one star difficulty is already quite hard, if you're not used to the system. I seriously doubt many people actually beat the game on their first try. But one of the best things about Sengoku Rance in my opinion is that you can have very different armies, and still manage to beat the game... some games, I used tons of tacticians, some games I used Shikigami summoners, sometimes riflemen, and they're all very viable armies.

You can get Kenshin at the beginning if you finish her If route; same thing for the other characters. There's a full list of unlockables on the Alicesoft wiki, but you probably won't have enough points to buy anything after your first game. You get 5 points for each route you finish, and extra points for each turn you finish before the limit. You shouldn't worry about the turn counter on the first couple of tries though, since it's near impossible to finish in time the first time through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i heard of this game and before and would love to play it. But alas i don't know any japanese and i am not aware of any group attempting to translated it.

Now if someone knows there is Chinese ver some where i would appreciate it if they point it out.
If you don't read the story sections, just knowing Chinese is probably enough to get through most of the game, with the help of the Alicesoft wiki. The gameplay is definitely fun enough to stand alone from the story.
Old 2008-01-08, 07:29   Link #32
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

O alrite...Alicesoft website says so too tt 1st run is 4 unlocking the 2nd game n not points.Well i think i will try harder on this game as its really challenging and makes me use my brains more than i study.

Btw,y don ppl put up torrents of chinese translated H-game on the web from Taiwan or HK.Due to their low popularity??
Old 2008-01-12, 21:36   Link #33
Key Board
Carbon

the Rance RPGs aren't that interesting IMO. They're not very playable as games.
I really like the strategy ones, though.

But I'm even more interested to see what happens next in the story. Isn't the demon unification arc coming next?

It's been a while since I played kichiku-ou
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 16:35   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Incidentally I was playing Rance 5D the other day, and while Alicesoft is noted for it's unorthodox music in games that no other eroge company would ever think of, I did not expect a rap song with explicit lyrics to start playing when I entered an old Japanese Castle dungeon.

If you ever have the chance to listen to an Alicesoft Sound Volume CD I strongly recommend it, if not because you like the music, but for the sheer unique experience of it.
Old 2008-01-30, 06:34   Link #35
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Great, now I'm hooked on this game.

Princess Sen and Uesugi Kenshin FTW!
Old 2008-02-03, 00:18   Link #36
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Guess what I managed to find.

Yeah it's the opening to the Rance OVA that I found on NicoNico and put on Youtube. Slightly NSFW, but nothing more than a little ecchi.
Old 2008-02-04, 11:22   Link #37
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Great, now I'm hooked on this game.

Princess Sen and Uesugi Kenshin FTW!
Ok, great for u ^_^. O i heard that the Sengoku Rance manga is out rite? any website which i can dl from?
Old 2008-02-06, 06:20   Link #38
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Try TokyoTosho. Direct linking isn't allowed, so I can't give you the address, sorry.

And on a sidenote, Daibanchou is AWESOME. Kunagi reminds me of a kickass version of Misha from Ar tonelico...LOL.
Old 2008-02-06, 23:00   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Try TokyoTosho. Direct linking isn't allowed, so I can't give you the address, sorry.

And on a sidenote, Daibanchou is AWESOME. Kunagi reminds me of a kickass version of Misha from Ar tonelico...LOL.
Ahhhh, you play Daibanchou too. I would argue Kunagi is broken rather than kickass. I mean she can't seem to be hit by anything, she does decent damage and has lots of attacks per turn (5). When you consider a game that will actually block you from counterattacking sometimes when the enemies ranged attack hits you first and one where you often take a lot of damage, this makes her invaluable and borderline unstoppable. That is unless you run out of attacks. I'm basically glad she's on the player's side as fighting her would be annoying. The only way to stop her is to run her out of APT, that's what I've found.

Spoiler for Kunagi Picture for fun:

People who like Sengoku Rance should try this game. It's essentially set up in a manner that gives you progressively larger venues to take over. You start by taking the local school back from the corrupt disciplinary leader, then you take over the city from the local gangs and eventually move on to the world. It's quite complicated though. There are a lot of events to manage, people to capture, loyalties to maintain and buildings to build. Once you hit the national stage the game becomes quite difficult.
Old 2008-02-08, 09:11   Link #40
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Character wise, I really love Kunagi's character. She's not as annoying as other heroines, and connects with Rouga on a much different level than with the other heroines. Gameplay wise, yeah, she's broken - but you don't hear me complaining about it! Narukana-sama of Seinarukana is much more broken than Kunagi, after all.

Also, I love the ero scenes in this game. Not because of the ero, but because of the hilarity that they've managed to infuse such scenes with.