AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: What is/are your favorite mechs?
Lancelot/Conquista 54 19.22%
Lancelot Albion 144 51.25%
Guren/Kashoshiki 63 22.42%
Guren SEITEN 139 49.47%
Mordred 41 14.59%
Tristan/Tristan Divider 45 16.01%
Galahad 23 8.19%
Seigfried/Sutherland Seig 62 22.06%
Gawain 104 37.01%
Shinkirou 115 40.93%
Zangetsu 42 14.95%
Shen-Hu 40 14.23%
Percival 14 4.98%
Vincents 34 12.10%
Ward/Gloucester/Sutherland/Gareth 16 5.69%
Burai/Glasgow/Akatuski 13 4.63%
The Avalon 23 8.19%
The Ikaruga 18 6.41%
Damocles 24 8.54%
Other 8 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-20, 22:18   Link #141
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Galahad was only winning because of future-sight hax. Anyone can play the game well when they know exactly how the enemy will respond (not that Bismarck isn't a good pilot, mind you, just that he had a huge advantage).

Anyway, to put it simply, if Suzaku could beat Bismarck in spite of the hax, so could Kallen, for the simple reason that she's just as good as he is without any hax whatsoever. Suzaku needed the lolhax to win against Bismarck. Against Kallen, Suzaku needed the lolhax just to keep up.
Whatever, all I know is I wouldn't mind throwing my lot against Kallen if I had the Galahad. The machine is strong enough to take out the Guren.
Old 2010-01-21, 04:35   Link #142
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It wasn't strong enough to take on the Lancelot without cheating. The Guren is even better. He couldn't have beat either of them. The only difference is that Suzaku had to cheat in return to win. Kallen would already have the necessary speed to beat him.
Old 2010-01-21, 19:52   Link #143
Betteroffer

The other factor to take into account is the strength of each frame's main weapons; the Excaibur and the Radiant Surger. While the Excalibur is powerful and can create an energy shield around itself, it was still sliced clean down the middle by the Albion's 9th generation MVS's. Later, Suzaku uses these same swords to try and slash Kallen, but she blocks them both with the Radiant Surger.

Thus we can say:
Excalibur < Albion's MVS's < SEITEN's Radiant Surger

In other words the SEITEN's best weapon, which can operate at both close and long range, is notably more powerful than the Galahad's best weapon, which can only function at close range (I'm told it can make slash waves of energy, but I don't recall seeing any in the show). Simply put the SEITEN has a stronger and more versatile main weapon. If the SEITEN's pilot wants to, they can close in on the Galahad, grab the sword like what happened in Narita, and destroy it.

In addition, there is the wide area disabling burst feature that the Guren has. Given the width of the Excalibur in comparsion to the Galahad, I'm skeptical that it could be used to effectively block the bust, meaning at least some parts of the Galahad would be frozen from the attack, thus hampering its movements.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 20:28   Link #144
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
The other factor to take into account is the strength of each frame's main weapons; the Excaibur and the Radiant Surger. While the Excalibur is powerful and can create an energy shield around itself, it was still sliced clean down the middle by the Albion's 9th generation MVS's. Later, Suzaku uses these same swords to try and slash Kallen, but she blocks them both with the Radiant Surger.

Thus we can say:
Excalibur < Albion's MVS's < SEITEN's Radiant Surger

In other words the SEITEN's best weapon, which can operate at both close and long range, is notably more powerful than the Galahad's best weapon, which can only function at close range (I'm told it can make slash waves of energy, but I don't recall seeing any in the show). Simply put the SEITEN has a stronger and more versatile main weapon. If the SEITEN's pilot wants to, they can close in on the Galahad, grab the sword like what happened in Narita, and destroy it.

In addition, there is the wide area disabling burst feature that the Guren has. Given the width of the Excalibur in comparsion to the Galahad, I'm skeptical that it could be used to effectively block the bust, meaning at least some parts of the Galahad would be frozen from the attack, thus hampering its movements.
That would be when it fought against the Shen-Hu, it slashed apart its beam cannon with a single swing, destroying four Black Knight helis in the process.
Old 2010-01-21, 22:34   Link #145
Betteroffer

That is only where the Excalibur deflects someone else's energy weapon. What I meant was that I have heard that the Excalibur could be swung and it would release a wave of the purple energy from its tip in a crescent shaped blast, like when anime characters slice the air to throw wind blades at each other, yet we only see it used to deflect someone else's energy weapon in the show itself and never project its own.

In any case the point about their comparative power stands.
Old 2010-01-21, 22:53   Link #146
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Yeah... it can't do that. Not that it wouldn't be awesome.
Old 2010-01-22, 23:15   Link #147
Betteroffer

I'm sort of glad it can't. I know R2 had already pushed well into super-robot territory, but I think slash-beams would still be excessive, and I didn't like that Bismarck could "swat" the Baryon cannon's energy away. I could see him just holding the sword in front of him and letting its barrier deflect the blast around him and into the helicopters, but slapping it was too much. That said, I do think the Galahad would have made more sense if it were given additional weaponry, particularly some sort of long range armaments.

For the record I regard slash harkens as medium range weapons at most, and the Galahad has the issue of losing any harkens affecting its ability to wield Excalibur as effectively.
Old 2010-02-05, 00:35   Link #148
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Guren SEITEN- The sheer presence it has negative and positive effects on enemies and allies respectfully

The design is quite nice, and showed the ultimate level of the Guren in the series.

It was also a plus because the pilot is none other then Karen Kozuki.

Vincent:

1- off because Bobo had one.

2:

1)It's design is quite devilish in my opinion, and it's arsenals are versatile at best, I preferred the Vincent Guilford piloted, however.

2) They were one of the more powerful mass produced near the end, showing the level KMF technology progressed.

...SEITEN will always have my vote, and no other pilot could've made me more amorous then Karen... -fanboy-ish swoon-
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 10:30   Link #149
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

The Guren,and the Lancelot.

What was Lelouch's Knightmare called again?
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 10:52   Link #150
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Lelouch's Knightmare is the Shinkiro.
Old 2010-02-13, 17:55   Link #151
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

His first custom Knightmare Frame was the IFX-V301 Gawain,

His second one was TYPE-0A Shinkirou.

You probably already know their abilities, so I won't name 'em.
Old 2010-02-26, 22:28   Link #152
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I like the Vincent followed by Lancelot Albion and Gurren Seiten
Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 19:58   Link #153
ChildrenOfTheMind

Lancelot Albion
ChildrenOfTheMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 12:03   Link #154
noni12

guren SEITEN :O
noni12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 07:23   Link #155
Ten-Go

Mine for Sutherland, a best friend for every men and women in the Britannian military.
Ten-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 18:38   Link #156
Lord Jeremiah
Orange-kun

Galahad is my personal favourite, then Tristan.
However I also liked Gloucester and Gareth models, it's a shame they weren't all that powerful.
Lord Jeremiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 08:51   Link #157
Har0

I say either the Lancelot Albion or Mordred.
Har0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 21:48   Link #158
Shizuo
Bartender

Location: For my safety, I'm going to say Australia... Wait...
Not much vocal love for the Shinkiro. It makes me sad. Because it had possibly the most awesome debut in the show. I mean those lasers, man. The freaking lasers!
Shizuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 21:53   Link #159
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuo View Post
Not much vocal love for the Shinkiro. It makes me sad. Because it had possibly the most awesome debut in the show. I mean those lasers, man. The freaking lasers!
The debut was dramatic as hell, to say the least. I also agree with the lasers. Though I prefer SEITEN's debut because half a minute later, Kallen was melting Luciano.

Quote:
I say either the Lancelot Albion or Mordred.
"Tag. Your dead."
Old 2010-05-20, 08:05   Link #160
wing 00

the top three knightmares in codegeass are
1. Lancelot albion
2. guren sertien
3. trisastn
4. gawian