Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-24, 04:44   Link #441
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I read somewhere Wizzard's energy system will be a sort of "Instability system" (?).

Any info on this?
Here's an excerpt from Diii.net interview with Jay Wilson,

Diii.net: Everyone seems pretty happy with the function and form of the Barbarian’s Fury resource, but nothing has been revealed about the non-mana resources that the Wizard and Monk will use. Can you give us some insight into what kind of play style their resources are meant to encourage?

Jay Wilson: Well for the Wizard we want to enforce the fact that she’s a glass cannon. I don’t think it’s fun to ever run out of mana. I’m not really interested in an extended resource for her. For the WD we’re okay with mana, since he’s got some pretty good skills to recover mana that also double as attacks. And he’s not defenseless when he’s out of mana. He’s got pets and ways to attack with them that aren’t mana intensive. For him that makes mana fairly interesting.

For the wizard, when she’s out of mana she just dies. And that’s not fun. So if anything, we want to encourage how she plays. So she’s the kind of character that blasts first and asks questions later. Very vulnerable. So we want to implement a system that makes her more blasty, but even more vulnerable. We want to make that a choice for the player. “Do I want to make myself more vulnerable in exchange for being more blasty.” And that’s a cool gameplay pull there.

For the Monk um… I’m not ready to talk about him yet since he’s just too early. We still haven’t decided exactly what we want to do with him. We’re still playing around with his resource system.

You can read the rest at here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What, sort of like the wizard has to keep his energy in check ot else it will blow up?
No further details were revealed so far but i would guess it's more like a wizard would gain certain buffs and debuffs the more/less they cast their spells. So far it's been hinted that wizard would gain more damage while becoming more vunerable depending on the level of "instability". It's quite an innovative approach since in D2, mana and energy stat was mostly ignored with leech and mana pots. This should reemphasized on the mana system while making it less of a pain in the butt.
Old 2010-08-18, 11:21   Link #442
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Now it's been a while since the last update, but now we have a new system to speculate about:

PC IGN: Diablo III's Artisan System

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC IGN
Jay Wilson, game director on Blizzard's highly anticipated action-RPG Diablo III gave a presentation at Gamescom 2010 to talk about a new feature for the game, the artisan system. These are NPCs that help you out during the game that craft and manipulate items for you. Wilson focused on the blacksmith for the duration of the presentation, but also touched on the jeweler and mystic. While you won't start out your questing in Diablo III with these artisans, you are able to collect and maintain all three at the same time.

Initially you'll need to do some tasks for the artisans when you first meet, earn their loyalty, and they'll then join up and follow along from town to town throughout Sancturary. One of the goals with Diablo III was to add a crafting system, but the team didn't want one where the player needs to spend a lot of time in towns and slow down the pace of the game.

The blacksmith, once recruited, will set up shop in town and is surrounded by anvils, a cart and item racks. He'll act as a vendor where you can buy and sell items, and can also craft items. He tends to produce armor and heavy weapons more geared for melee characters, though there'll be crafting options for every class. More interestingly, he can add sockets to items and can repair them as well. If an item doesn't have sockets, then he can socket it so you can add gems to any item regardless of quality.

All three artisan types can be improved as the game progresses to enhance their crafting skill set. Once upgraded, you'll also see the effects visually around the vendor areas in town. For example, in the blacksmith's area the anvil and weapon racks and wagons surrounding him will be more ornate and elaborate, with pieces of armor attached to the wagon and fancy fires burning with chains wrapping around. Blizzard doesn't want the items crafted to be entirely predictable.

When actually ordering the vendor to craft items, there'll be a mix of predictable and unpredictable elements. A recipe for a dagger can have a set range of damage, but may also come along with two random properties. Some craftable have more predictable combinations than others, but Blizzard's idea was to have a certain amount of randomness for every item. To gather the materials for crafting, you'll need to salvage existing items. To get materials you'll be able to put unwanted items you can drop them in a cube-like device (not the Horadric Cube, but similar) and break down the items, which you can do anywhere, to kick out materials. Higher level gear and quality items without high sell prices are generally the best to break down, and there's some items that give you special drops.

For the other artisans, the mystic can enchant items, adding additional chance to crit or whatever you like, as well as identify items, craft wands, staves, and smaller armor items like bracers. The jeweler can pull gems off of items without destroying the item or the gem, and can also craft special items like amulets. Jeweler can also combine gems into better ones, replacing the function of the Horadric Cube from Diablo II, and in all there'll be fourteen levels of quality for gems, though above level five the requirements for upgrading will be especially steep. All three artisans can follow you simultaneously and be fully upgraded, so there's no need to pick one over the other.

We're still waiting on more announcements about Diablo III, including the release date (which is still "when it's done"), but we'll be talking to Wilson later today and will update if we hear anything more. In the meantime, what do you think about the artisan system?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 17:49   Link #443
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well here the video .

Artisan revealed :

-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 03:25   Link #444
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The idea is great.

"You're free to take your newly aquired fat loot and return to monster fighting and rainbow viewing."

Great now we're gonna have a rainbow level.
Old 2010-08-19, 03:29   Link #445
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Let's keep with gender (as usual ):

http://kotaku.com/5499590/diablo-iii...-side/gallery/

Look ok . Second image reminds me a tribe in Africa .
She looks like a high school Sawako from K-ON To me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 03:34   Link #446
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Holy motherfucking shit. I can`t wait for another 1,5 years to play this awesome game.
Old 2010-08-19, 03:41   Link #447
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
She looks like a high school Sawako from K-ON To me.
Nah, too tall. It must be the future version of Azu-nyan!
Old 2010-08-19, 04:28   Link #448
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Great now we're gonna have a rainbow level.
In the world of Diablo, where demons have been unleashed. You are one of the fabled heroes who destiny have chosen to fight against Diablo and his ilk on...

Cutesy rainbow landscape.

God damn that would be an epic commercial advertisement. Diablo must be stopped! Hurry my little pony! We must engage the evil immediately!

I'm getting tired of the wizard being called a 'glass cannon'. In every two sentences they call her a glass cannon, and if not it has the word vulnerable and blasty in there.

So we wanted to make her blasty but vulnerable so she is a cannon of glass glass cannon with blasty vulnerableness!.... blasty glass cannon. Sounds cool huh? Huh? The monk? Oh he'll be blasty too.

Okay. I'll stop now. Though in all honesty I'm interested in the monk the most.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 04:55   Link #449
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Though in all honesty I'm interested in the monk the most.
Same here. Looks like a total badass, and hand combat owns.
Old 2010-08-19, 07:24   Link #450
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Nah, too tall. It must be the future version of Azu-nyan!
you guys seriously watch too much XD
Old 2010-08-19, 09:41   Link #451
brocko

It's too late. Adult Swim has already beaten Blizzard to the rainbow punch

http://games.adultswim.com/robot-uni...line-game.html

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:12   Link #452
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

at this point I hope they will have some kind of archer class
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:30   Link #453
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
at this point I hope they will have some kind of archer class
Amazons lesbians only have one gender. This doesn't fit into their multi-gender rainbow model.
Old 2010-08-19, 11:14   Link #454
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Amazons lesbians only have one gender. This doesn't fit into their multi-gender rainbow model.
ya knowwhat, never mind. I'm not gonna get into this again.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2010-08-19 at 12:01.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 11:30   Link #455
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am now up to date with all the recent news, and I am quite happy. There is definitely a focus on remembering Diablo is a Single Player game. And the note that a shared stash system is necessary. Blizzard even admits the DII item transfer method was stupid.

The linking of better access to items with quests and raw materials is definitely more flexible than the old way, when shops only stock things based on you LEVEL. That was silly. And money is now better utilised, since it made no sense paying money to yourself if you craft items on your own. But now having such services available for a fee means gold mean something again.

Also note that rarer ingredients are more likely to be salvaged from high level items. So even if you got a high level crappy item you don't want to use, you may get a chance to get a rare ingredient recycled from it. This goes with the intention of Blizzard wanting us to do more than just boss runs; you can get high level item drops in all high levels areas, not just from bosses. Boss runs will still need to be used for uniques, but at least raw material salvaging would be more varied.

The ability to reclaim socketed gems without losing either the gem or the socketed item is great. Blizzard didn't want to force us to not use something until we have the max gems for it. Now we can slowly upgrade the socket item while using the bonuses already present in play. In short, no more "having crappy gear all game just to ensure good gear in the final levels".

Getting to level 14 gems will now be a bonus, and no longer a necessity.
Old 2010-08-19, 13:13   Link #456
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
you do know amazons are not the only ones that use bows and arrows
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 14:15   Link #457
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
You mean rogues?
Old 2010-08-19, 14:29   Link #458
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol your comments are funny
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 14:31   Link #459
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
True. I remember futzing around with a Paladin in D2 way back. Sure, Shadowfang (whose info can be found here) was a nice sword to run with, but there were still times when it was just necessary to reach out and touch someone... for those, a good bow was in order and as I recall Blessed Aim helps with those too. Being able to set up two loadouts and quickly swap between them is a feature I hope carries over to D3 as well.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 15:27   Link #460
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Being able to set up two loadouts and quickly swap between them is a feature I hope carries over to D3 as well.
Unfortunately, so far it is pretty much confirmed that you don't have a weapon-switch button in DIII. There are vocal complaints about that, so I am pretty sure it still isn't in the game.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler