AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-30, 22:41   Link #1821
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Naturally. Everything will be in tags.
Well then I'm obviously cool with it, so long as I can manage to restrain myself XD, obviously thats on me though not you XD
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 02:36   Link #1822
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
By all means spoil away!

Maybe you could use, like, different sections for light spoilers and heavy spoilers?
Agreed. I'm never going to play the remake and it'll probably suck in comparison to the original anyways, so I don't mind spoilers. I'd love to know all the things they messed up, though.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 18:41   Link #1823
MidoriHiME

Not SUPER related, but since 999 (and presumably it's sequel) is a giant rip of Ever17 anyway, here's some interesting news:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...cape-adventure
Old 2011-12-01, 18:48   Link #1824
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriHiME View Post
Not SUPER related, but since 999 (and presumably it's sequel) is a giant rip of Ever17 anyway, here's some interesting news:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...cape-adventure
Hmm, interesting. So it's basically a "prologue" of sorts. That'll be interesting. Wonder how Aksys will handle it if they decide to translate the sequel (which I assume they will, given that 999 was a surprise success for them).

Though can you really call 999 a "rip" when it's the same writer ripping off his own work? Isn't there another term for that?
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 20:45   Link #1825
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Self-plagiarism? Story recycling?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 22:41   Link #1826
winkel

Quote:
One new ending, huh? Didn't we already know that 5-6 months ago? Well, either way, there's still going to be some differences in-game. Personally, I'm still wondering what it will be... still have a small hope that it'll either be a Takeshi x You route, or a Drama CD route.
I think it's the first time I saw it painted out like that upfront, before it was implied and such.

I'll be getting the game, but I won't be able to actually play it for a while until work clears...

I am hoping it's one new route (You) with a new epilogue (Drama CD, which is technically not a route, but a continuation). I suppose that plus the rewritting and new art will be good enough for me.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 12:52   Link #1827
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I read some of the reviews for this version on Amazon so far.

No one's really said whether or not they like the original or this better (though everyone who's used the "fun" scale has given it high marks, while most of the rankings are either 2 or 3 stars), but the soundtrack and the revised text has been generally praised, though almost everyone hates the 3D models.

However, there have been a fair share of harsh critics as well on both of the previous accounts, those who hate the soundtrack and the text (though nearly everyone who hates the remake's biggest complaint seems to be the 3D, not to mention most of them didn't bother finishing it). So I guess you could say reactions are mixed, though that's pretty much what I was expecting to hear. Oh well, at least it sounds better than Code_18 (which even the Japanese hated).

However, I myself will refrain on judgement until I finish it completely. I'll probably end up hating the 3D too, but I think I can bear it.

One last thing- does anyone know if there's a copy of the original script online? I would like to read them (the original and Xbox 360 scripts) side-by-side to check the differences, and playing my PC version at the same time as the remake feels silly.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-12-03 at 13:03.
Old 2011-12-04, 01:16   Link #1828
Spamamdorf

I kind of had the same reaction the first time I saw the 3D models to be jonest, the same sort of thing I had with the 999 ones to be honest, but since I didnt see as much of the new 999 guys before I saw their models it wasnt as bad, however just looking at soem of them is kinda... e_o, either way though I will be interested in seeing what you think of it Ace XD
Old 2011-12-04, 07:44   Link #1829
VDZ

Quote:
One last thing- does anyone know if there's a copy of the original script online? I would like to read them (the original and Xbox 360 scripts) side-by-side to check the differences, and playing my PC version at the same time as the remake feels silly.
Not exactly the cleanest solution, but you can download the raw script files and open them in Wordpad or a similar program (Notepad doesn't do the line breaks properly). The start of the files are garbage, but after that is perfectly readable text.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 08:01   Link #1830
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Not exactly the cleanest solution, but you can download the raw script files and open them in Wordpad or a similar program (Notepad doesn't do the line breaks properly). The start of the files are garbage, but after that is perfectly readable text.
Oh, thanks for all the trouble, but I've already found a solution to that. Sorry I didn't say anything earlier.
Old 2011-12-06, 15:49   Link #1831
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Okay, I finally caved in, and decided to find out exactly what this new ending is. I didn't learn any details, but I did get a name. Ready to hear it?

Spoiler for New ending:
Old 2011-12-06, 16:35   Link #1832
Spamamdorf

That actually sounds pretty tight, and might even explain a few of the things that I didnt like about the trailer, definetly something to look forward to then
Old 2011-12-06, 20:19   Link #1833
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Okay, I finally caved in, and decided to find out exactly what this new ending is. I didn't learn any details, but I did get a name. Ready to hear it?

Spoiler for New ending:
I'm so hype about this
I guess this will explain some things that were left in the original games and the reason why they blatantly put major hints on the plot twist for each routes.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 23:50   Link #1834
Spamamdorf

left out of the old game? What wasnt explained in the old one? The only thing I can think of is the kick the can thing, and that could be explained on your own anyway, I think it could explain some of the things in the trailer but what was missing from the old game?
Old 2011-12-07, 12:14   Link #1835
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

My copy finally arrived!

The OST has two disks, and is 31 tracks long (but has no vocal songs on either CD). There are 7 new tracks exclusive to the Xbox 360 version:

1. Der Kern- Je nach (Der Kern is German for "The Core")
2. Lemurianische Ruine- Klavier- (Klavier is German for "Piano")
3. Kosmisher Wal- Klavier-
4. Qualle- Klavier-
5. Delphine- Klavier-
6. Weiser Hund- Klavier-
7. Karma- Klavier- (I know, how do you make a piano song even more piano-esque? The answer- take away the background instruments.)

Also, "Je nach" IS in this version. Hmm... so what's the True Ending theme, then? Oh well, only one way to find out.

Anyway, I have class now, so I'll upload the OST tonight, probably. I have essays to write, though, so I can't guarantee that I'll be able to play right away.

EDIT: Well, maybe not. Youtube is taking as long as hell to upload for some reason.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-12-07 at 16:24.
Old 2011-12-07, 15:08   Link #1836
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
The only thing I can think of is the kick the can thing, and that could be explained on your own anyway, I think it could explain some of the things in the trailer but what was missing from the old game?
Yes I was talking about that one. They could give us a more concrete explanation rather than leaving us to explain it on its own, which is as you can see, can be explained with various explanation. Things like the kid's memories is also one of the things that I could think of.

Also, they might give us more character depth than the original...but well, I don't know whether they do that or not in this game ._.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 21:58   Link #1837
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Got the first half of the OST uploaded on my account... I'll probably get the rest tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGMania2?feature=mhee

IMO, the best new remix on the first CD is the new "IBF Notfall".

BTW, little neat note about the CD- on the front of each CD, it has the number of how many tracks are on that CD listed as "Life Reading", like in the game. So the first CD had "Life Reading- 17".

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-12-07 at 22:42.
Old 2011-12-08, 00:31   Link #1838
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Okay, I also found a list of the achievements for the Xbox 360 version. Here they are:

Spoiler for Ever17 end game spoilers:

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-12-08 at 00:47.
Old 2011-12-08, 16:51   Link #1839
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Got the first half of the OST uploaded on my account... I'll probably get the rest tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGMania2?feature=mhee

IMO, the best new remix on the first CD is the new "IBF Notfall".

BTW, little neat note about the CD- on the front of each CD, it has the number of how many tracks are on that CD listed as "Life Reading", like in the game. So the first CD had "Life Reading- 17".

this is almost definetly my personal bias shining through but for some reason I cant bring myself to like most of these DX Notfall was definetly good though, and the others are interesting sure but for now I prefer the older ones, in other news the 4th chapter of ever 17's out http://www.famitsu.com/comic_clear/se_ever17/ I was laughing even not understanding the japanese, speaking of which, is anyone actively translating these? Because I notice a chapter get translated every once in a while but normally they just seem to be released in english whenever.

Last edited by Spamamdorf; 2011-12-08 at 18:30.
Old 2011-12-08, 18:38   Link #1840
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Okay, I just started, and got up to the first choice. Note that my posts will contain end-game spoilers, and are intended to be read by people who've already finished the original PC version. Here they are so far:

Spoiler for Ever17 Xbox 360 Part 1 (End-game spoilers):

Okay, so I want to ask how I should do this. Make a post when I get to every new choice? BTW, I'll be aiming for the Tsugumi Route first.

Tags
visual novel