AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

Old 2006-07-03, 02:45   Link #21
myopius

Hopefully this doesn't sound odd (I'm serious), but are the reactions of the girls toward members of the host club legitimately caused? Of course they're exaggerated, but are these things girls in the real world would really generally find moe? If those girls didn't pick up on the hosts' goofiness and/or reject them offhand, of course (most real girls would, I'd... hope).

I'm just genuinely curious, I always think popular culture is more in touch with women's psychology than I am and so am interested to observe these things.

Edit: In response to spyder101v2, I just checked anidb and it says Nippon Television Network is related to it--not sure if that helps.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 17:57   Link #22
spyder101v2
Dumbss

thank you dude : )
spyder101v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 00:44   Link #23
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Hmm, I've got a question I've been wondering for a while. The guys of the Host Club fit their architypes well...all except for one, how does Morinozuka Takashi (Mori-senpai) fit into the "wild" archetype?
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 12:46   Link #24
bubu
Glittering

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius
Hopefully this doesn't sound odd (I'm serious), but are the reactions of the girls toward members of the host club legitimately caused? Of course they're exaggerated, but are these things girls in the real world would really generally find moe? If those girls didn't pick up on the hosts' goofiness and/or reject them offhand, of course (most real girls would, I'd... hope).
If you see the number of yaoi fangirls that are around these days, I think that plenty of girls would go all "moe" for the twins and Honey+Mori...and Tamaki is gorgeous. I'd swoon for him!

As far as Mori, he's not the wild type like "wild and crazy guy"...more like a wild animal in touch with his natural instincts, like when he could sense where Honey was when he got lost in episode 7. At least that's what I think.
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 16:57   Link #25
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Hmm, I've got a question I've been wondering for a while. The guys of the Host Club fit their architypes well...all except for one, how does Morinozuka Takashi (Mori-senpai) fit into the "wild" archetype?
I think they're referring to the way he's a kind of a loner (always silent in the background). He has short messy hair and wears his uniform blazer unbuttoned + shirt untucked, so his appearance is also sort of "wild" But I think the main appeal is that he's like a "wild wolf" loner who can't be tamed or something? The type who will pat you on the head and treat you like a little sister instead of a girlfriend...
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 13:29   Link #26
Renge
smile

Not sure if this belongs here but where can i download the episodes? please and its safe right?
Old 2006-08-17, 20:33   Link #27
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

u can get the shows here

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/791.html

i might have missed it but is a new fansubbing group taking over this project? i checked out lunars website and it didnt list ouran host club as an active project
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 00:52   Link #28
Frozen_Skye
Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit

i might have missed it but is a new fansubbing group taking over this project? i checked out lunars website and it didnt list ouran host club as an active project
I was wondering why there hadn't been subs for so long. I was beginning to panic thinking that they liscensed Ouran or something.

I understand that subbing takes alot of effort and time so I'm not gonna hassle our wonderful sub groups about that. However, I'd like to find out the reason for the delays.
Frozen_Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 01:09   Link #29
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Skye
I was wondering why there hadn't been subs for so long. I was beginning to panic thinking that they liscensed Ouran or something.

I understand that subbing takes alot of effort and time so I'm not gonna hassle our wonderful sub groups about that. However, I'd like to find out the reason for the delays.
Rumor has it that the delays are because a Lunar staff member is temporarily absent (busy with school or moving or something). I hope that's the case, because it would be a shame if the dropped it after doing such a wonderful job for 17 episodes. I'll patiently wait for them to return, because while I appreciate the other fansub group's efforts, their translations are miles off and are in serious need of editing. It takes away from the true "Ouran experience". :P

Can anyone verify if this Lunar rumor is true or not?
Old 2006-08-23, 01:48   Link #30
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It says on Lunar's forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekNiks
The translator for this project is busy moving right now so things will be delayed for a little bit.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 03:11   Link #31
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It says on Lunar's forum
Oh, so the rumors are true after all. Thanks for pointing out the source. I wish them luck in their move, then.
Old 2006-08-23, 11:41   Link #32
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Oh, so the rumors are true after all. Thanks for pointing out the source. I wish them luck in their move, then.
Ray's done his move and has already translated episodes 18 - 20, so I guess those three are in the later processes as of now... with some luck, we should see them out by the end of this week. Maybe Lunar is planning a triple release?

Anyway, as for where I got this information, this is what he wrote last Friday in the Ouran FAQ thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Ray
Ok, well I am done moving, so I am back. (but don't turn this into a welcome back thread)

Just as an update:

Did we drop this series?

Answer: NO YOU SCHMUCK. Things just stalled when I was moving around. Actually more than one of us was on vacation. You guys get it when we say we have lives, now? lol

But anyhow, 18-20 are past me. Check back in the near future.
Ballpark however you want when they will be released, but just don't ask for it.
~ Noodlehead

Last edited by Noodlehead; 2006-08-23 at 13:12.
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 12:54   Link #33
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

did lunar stop subbing ouran? are FRoP subs good and reliable?
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 13:03   Link #34
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsdhaleine
read the previous 6 posts above yours,
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 13:43   Link #35
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlehead
Ray's done his move and has already translated episodes 18 - 20, so I guess those three are in the later processes as of now... with some luck, we should see them out by the end of this week. Maybe Lunar is planning a triple release?

Anyway, as for where I got this information, this is what he wrote last Friday in the Ouran FAQ thread:

~ Noodlehead
That's good to hear. Yay, I can finally get my weekly ouran fix again~

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsdhaleine
The answer to both is "no"
Old 2006-09-14, 22:05   Link #36
Neomang5
Bwahahahaha

Send a message via AIM to Neomang5
C'mon now, the FrOP subs arent BAD. They're not brilliant, but then at times, neither are Lunar's. FrOP is probably a much smaller group aimed at getting the releases out as quickly and accessibly as possible. Lunar has more members to check and edit the subs before encoding.

Dont knock them unless you can do a better job.
Neomang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 11:01   Link #37
kismis
Rabid Fangirl

just wondering- will there be a OHHC season 2?

i just can't get over the fact that its ending so soon
kismis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:20   Link #38
songs4eva
Princess ^_^

so how many episodes are there in the series?
songs4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:28   Link #39
Kurochiisaineko

Send a message via AIM to Kurochiisaineko
The series is 26 episodes long. I wish there was more I can't get enough of Mori-kun.
Kurochiisaineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 20:47   Link #40
Chinsuke

I know that this is really out there but I was arguing with my friend and I need an answer... Is Bisco Hatori (the author of the manga) a male or female??
Chinsuke is offline   Reply With Quote