Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-12, 10:57   Link #2481
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
No, it's from the summer festival and a known bug.

And i love it. It cracks me up watching the reactions when the message is spammed.
I myself would've thought the Ice Stone would have something to do with Northrend...
Old 2009-02-12, 11:26   Link #2482
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Some highlights from yesterday's raid include:

Malygos yells: "Watch helplessly as your hopes are swept away!"
The Ice Stone has melted!

Raid Leader: Ok, we need to pick up dps next attempt and we should get this achievement.
Raid Leader: wow

Oh and, warlocks are the most underpowered class in PvP right now, to say they are OP and to put them on the same level as DKs is just downright wrong. Especially as a hunter, you should have zero problems against them. They have not been OP since season 1 of BC. One look at the arena standings or any sort of pvp forum will make that quite obvious.

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2009-02-12 at 12:04. Reason: previous version may have been too flame-y
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 12:56   Link #2483
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
The announcement originally came from the MidSummer Festival holiday. To be more specific, it comes from Heroic Slave Pens event where you had to summon and kill Frost Lord Ahune.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 17:32   Link #2484
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Such flammable little insects....
Old 2009-02-12, 18:08   Link #2485
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Such flammable little insects....
lol our Main Tank in the guild tanked him while he was knocked in the lava, he didnt want to move because then the tail would hit us all and fuck us up.
Old 2009-02-13, 04:35   Link #2486
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos

Weeeeeeeee! If we could just stop being bad and get Immortal now...
Old 2009-02-13, 05:29   Link #2487
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

The only thing I can't complain about as a warlock right now is our PvE DPS.

Oh wait, I hate affliction. D:
Kylaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 05:43   Link #2488
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol, I find that the warlocks demon form has grown a tad bit useless due to it's EXTREMELY long cast time, and the way it can be interrupted, although im not sure how effective it would be at an arena-_-. Probably need to shadowmeld or something as an NE, it's the same thing concerning a hunter's "throwable frost traps", it's like 2-5second freeze, resistable by a frmage and GG.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 07:14   Link #2489
Mr Hat and Clogs

Grats Xellos, I have been wondering what that Drake looked like. I want to see what the black one looks like in game now too. I'm kinda hoping that there will be one that drops from Icecrown, but have all the Scourge paraphernalia on it... called Reins of the Dark Rider.

We're starting to do those achievements now as well, so should be good. We did Dedicated Few last week and almost had Undying offhand but someone died at 20% on Kel'Thuzad, first death of the night in the entire run.
Old 2009-02-13, 16:01   Link #2490
goldenarms
Banned

is it just me or is pvp not fun anymore? (I know someone will probably say "it was never fun" lol) Its like anyone can be obliterated by mashing a few buttons right at the beginning - the burst dmg that everyone has is ridiculous. I thought it was just unbalanced at 70, but its the same at 80 as well?
goldenarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 20:57   Link #2491
Justin Kim
*Artist

I agree, pvp has stooped so low because of Blizzards so called "updates, or in our case, extreme nerfing of classes>_>." But goldenarms if you have a level 80 warlock and hunter fill s3 gear on both of em' burst damage is actually fun When you go into horde towns Persay the one by Darnusses, and the one in Stranglethorn. Just hop aboard the garrison ships and hit them in 1 kill/swipe them off the boat It's just the resilence that's not fun Burst damage don't work as well, if you go up against someone that is equally geared and skilled as you-_-.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 21:43   Link #2492
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenarms
is it just me or is pvp not fun anymore? (I know someone will probably say "it was never fun" lol) Its like anyone can be obliterated by mashing a few buttons right at the beginning - the burst dmg that everyone has is ridiculous. I thought it was just unbalanced at 70, but its the same at 80 as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
I agree, pvp has stooped so low because of Blizzards so called "updates, or in our case, extreme nerfing of classes>_>." But goldenarms if you have a level 80 warlock and hunter fill s3 gear on both of em' burst damage is actually fun When you go into horde towns Persay the one by Darnusses, and the one in Stranglethorn. Just hop aboard the garrison ships and hit them in 1 kill/swipe them off the boat It's just the resilence that's not fun Burst damage don't work as well, if you go up against someone that is equally geared and skilled as you-_-.
And this is exactly why Blizzard can never satisfy everyone. Some people want more burst damage and others want less. Justin complains that its not fun anymore because of nerfs while surely goldenarms would claim that lots of classes with high burst damage should be nerfed more.

Incidentally, Blizzard is on record as saying that they feel that burst damage is too high, but will wait for everyone to be in full lvl 80 arena gear before nerfing anything, just in case the extra resilience helps out.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 22:17   Link #2493
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

whats so good about the SPECIAL mount, their not faster, they do nothing diffrent. people only try getting them to show boat... like just a few posts ago :P
Old 2009-02-13, 22:21   Link #2494
Mr Hat and Clogs

They move at 310% rather then 280%. The unique models are something different to look at.

Personally I don't care too much what other people have. I just like the different graphics because looking at the same mount all the time is boring so its nice to have a change once in a while.
Old 2009-02-13, 22:39   Link #2495
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Grats Xellos, I have been wondering what that Drake looked like. I want to see what the black one looks like in game now too. I'm kinda hoping that there will be one that drops from Icecrown, but have all the Scourge paraphernalia on it... called Reins of the Dark Rider.

We're starting to do those achievements now as well, so should be good. We did Dedicated Few last week and almost had Undying offhand but someone died at 20% on Kel'Thuzad, first death of the night in the entire run.
Thanks. 310% speed is really nice. It's tempting to spec into On a Pale Horse just to feel what 330% feels like. A lot of people think it looks ugly, but I like it. The clouds of plague coming off it fits a DK well. One of our resident Gladiators bitches about 310% mounts being easily available now, but I think that's just a pvp elitist point of view

KT is definitely the biggest killer of Undying attempts. A couple people in my guild have lost Undying at KT four or five times. I lost it today on hunter when one of our melee d/c and subsequently got a void zone...after the priest had used Guardian Spirit on someone else. Good luck on your future attempts. If you can make it to KT, it's just a matter of time.

As for the Black Proto-Drake, a couple guilds on our server already have it. A transfered Alliance server and the #1 Horde guild. I'll try to get a screen if I see it.
Old 2009-02-13, 22:46   Link #2496
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wish the special ground mounts were fasters. That 13K gold crafted bike is no faster than my epic quest flaming mount or a store bought epic horse.
Old 2009-02-13, 23:01   Link #2497
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

You guys are lucky to even be getting to KT on undying attempts. My guild is great but Naxx just seems to bring out the stupid in people. Most recent attempt the guild leader killed himself on Thaddius and someone always dies on Heigan.

I would not call those 310% drakes "easily obtainable" by any means. In fact I find it ridiculous that 310% was only available to gladiators or people who were extremely lucky with the RNG for the entirety of BC. There's quite a bit about WotLK that I don't like (using achievements as a difficulty setting minus Sarth + 3 as that's a legitimate encounter) but I will never miss the arena-centric crap that was BC.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 23:13   Link #2498
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

You forget as soon as someone gets something rare, and a handful of people get them, they will instantly declare the item 'too easy to get' because suddenly they're not the only ones using it.
Old 2009-02-14, 03:31   Link #2499
Mr Hat and Clogs

Ain't that the truth...

Same goes for people killing Sarth 3D. Soon as they kill it, they deem the encounter easy and thus everyone is mentally deficient for failing to do likewise. The encounter isn't a push over, but its far from impossible. I think its a great encounter that makes people know how to play
Old 2009-02-14, 07:07   Link #2500
Xacual

Mount Mounted Speed Riding Crop Crusader Aura
Normal mount 160% 176% 192%
epic mount 200% 220% 240%
Epic flying mount 380% 418% 456%
310% mounts 410% 451% 492%

if you count 100% as normal running speed thats what you end up with for mount speeds after a boost, pale horse is 20% like crusader aura right?

edit: It ended up being kind of hard to read...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows