AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-02, 13:47   Link #41
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Under technicality, Solid Snake is a villain. Big Boss did not force children to join his ranks, he simply allowed them if they wanted to. Though he took his share of the 50 billion that Zero stole from the CIA, he didn't have to spend much on his soldiers at all; they simply wouldn't accept any form of money. They show quite well in the ending of Portable Ops how far a soldier will go to fight alongside Big Boss, seeing how they have absolute reverence for him. Paying them is unnecessary, fighting alongside him is the only payment that they need. Adversely, that leaves nearly 20 to 30 billion to spend on military needs, such as weapons, heavy munitions, rations, transport, etc.

He never threatened the world once. Having Metal Gear TX-55 was supposed to be his insurance that The Patriots would leave him alone. In Outer Heaven, no one was controlled by The Patriots, no one would be used for the government's needs. All he tried to do was created a heaven, safe from the Patriots. Then, of course, he was ordered to investigate as the commander of FOXHOUND. Though he sent in Frank Jaeger as a show that he was concerned, he knew Frank wouldn't fight anymore when he learned who led Outer Heaven. Then wanting to make the government happy, he sent in the rookie, Solid Snake. We all know how that turned out.

After NATO carpet bombs Outer Heaven (which makes little sense, as South Africa isn't really NATO's jurisdiction if you look at a map), Big Boss saves every person he can. Even those who plotted against him. Sadly, most of those who he could save were children. I don't know about you, but I don't think a villain (who was suffering from gunshot wounds and probably mild-to-moderate burns, and maybe a cracked rib) would get up, rush into burning buildings and save the lives of those who were trying to kill him.

With the Metal Gear D, he gained supremacy on the ground once he had founded Zanzibarland. Many of the children who had lost their parents (thank you, NATO and Solid Snake) were eager to fight because they could exact a sense of vengeance.

All Big Boss wanted was a world free from Patriot control, a world where soldiers would be regarded as people, not tools of the government. Of course, Zero, who wanted absolute control of everything, couldn't leave something so unpredictable and uncontrollable as Outer Heaven alone. If he couldn't control it, it was a threat, no matter the intentions.

Kinda sad, really.
Old 2009-11-03, 07:48   Link #42
Menthuss
INFERNO DIVIDER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post

After NATO carpet bombs Outer Heaven (which makes little sense, as South Africa isn't really NATO's jurisdiction if you look at a map), Big Boss saves every person he can. Even those who plotted against him. Sadly, most of those who he could save were children. I don't know about you, but I don't think a villain (who was suffering from gunshot wounds and probably mild-to-moderate burns, and maybe a cracked rib) would get up, rush into burning buildings and save the lives of those who were trying to kill him.
I've never played MG1 and 2 but I take it this happens in 2 right after you defeat Big Boss?
Menthuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 20:14   Link #43
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Yeah. After Solid Snake reports that Metal Gear TX-55 is destroyed, NATO goes in to carpet bomb all of Outer Heaven to leave no trace of it. Kyle Schneider explains to Solid Snake in Metal Gear 2 that it didn't matter that there were families and even refugees there; if they could all be taken out, no one would know they existed. You can imagine how angry that made the resistance members, who not only failed to kill Big Boss, but he saved their lives after they got betrayed by NATO. For those of you who didn't know, Frank Jaeger wasn't extracted from Outer Heaven, so it gave him an even greater reason to follow Big Boss (play Portable Ops if you don't know where I'm coming from).
Old 2009-11-04, 09:48   Link #44
Menthuss
INFERNO DIVIDER!

So Big Boss rescued all the people he could right after his fight with Snake. Did he die right after that due to his injuries?

Also, I haven't finished Portable Ops as I couldn't really get into the control scheme so I'd like to know what happened between Naked Snake and Frank Jaeger. I read that they fought and Naked managed to defeat him but what happens after that?
Old 2009-11-04, 11:23   Link #45
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Big Boss doesn't die from his wounds; he just gets really pissed off. Since he has armor in MG, you have to shoot him with an RPG-7. If I got hit with one (and survived with all my limbs intact), I'd be pretty pissed off too.

In Metal Gear 2, he tell Solid Snake that the loser will find peace, while the other must continue to live to the drums of war. Snake burns Big Boss alive with a home-made flamethrower. Even after he knocked Gray Fox onto a landmine and burned Big Boss, neither of them died. Both were recovered by Zero. Zero couldn't afford to let Big Boss die, and put him in a nano-machine induced coma, while Para-Medic got to use Frank Jaeger as her scientific "plaything" for her genetic experiments.

Frank Jaeger had fought Big Boss before by the time of Portable Ops. Once in Mozambique, and then again in Columbia. After saving his life, he tell him what his name was, giving Frank a sense of identity for the first time in years (his mind was wiped through drugs and hypnotic suggestion after assassination he made, but he could always remember Big Boss because he couldn't beat him in combat). Soon after Big Boss creates FOXHOUND, Gray Fox become the best soldier (after Big Boss), even though Roy Campbell (probably a Major at that point) was second in command of FOXHOUND.
Old 2009-11-04, 11:50   Link #46
Menthuss
INFERNO DIVIDER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Big Boss doesn't die from his wounds; he just gets really pissed off. Since he has armor in MG, you have to shoot him with an RPG-7. If I got hit with one (and survived with all my limbs intact), I'd be pretty pissed off too.

In Metal Gear 2, he tell Solid Snake that the loser will find peace, while the other must continue to live to the drums of war. Snake burns Big Boss alive with a home-made flamethrower. Even after he knocked Gray Fox onto a landmine and burned Big Boss, neither of them died. Both were recovered by Zero. Zero couldn't afford to let Big Boss die, and put him in a nano-machine induced coma, while Para-Medic got to use Frank Jaeger as her scientific "plaything" for her genetic experiments.

Frank Jaeger had fought Big Boss before by the time of Portable Ops. Once in Mozambique, and then again in Columbia. After saving his life, he tell him what his name was, giving Frank a sense of identity for the first time in years (his mind was wiped through drugs and hypnotic suggestion after assassination he made, but he could always remember Big Boss because he couldn't beat him in combat). Soon after Big Boss creates FOXHOUND, Gray Fox become the best soldier (after Big Boss), even though Roy Campbell (probably a Major at that point) was second in command of FOXHOUND.
I never quite understood why Paramedic did this. In MGS3 she was a friendly and cheery girl who aided you in your missions. Then when she became known as Dr. Clark she starts doing all sorts of unethical experiments on Frank Jaeger? Did something happen to Paramedic in PO that caused a change in her personality or view of the world or something?
Old 2009-11-04, 17:21   Link #47
Flinch
Onii-chan~

It was greed. It corrupted 3 of the founding members: Zero, Sigint, and Para-Medic. Each kept wanting more and more, and it eventually trapped them. When Zero wanted to control everything from the outside, which turned Big Boss against him, who felt like he was just being used again. Once the Patriots split, EVA and Ocelot sided with Big Boss and Para-Medic and Sigint with Zero.

All of the data on the Genome SOldiers and what would later give rise to teh PMC armies came from adata on Frank. Since it couldn't have been considered unethical. Besides, he was also a threat to them, so why use one of yur own?
Old 2009-12-17, 23:09   Link #48
Nerroth
NePoi!

The English version of the demo is up on the PlayStation Store now!
Old 2010-03-23, 12:19   Link #49
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Peace Walker's latest PV

Did You Rike It?
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 13:48   Link #50
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...What.

That was awesome.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 18:36   Link #51
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
For a Nana Mizuki-based song, it was nice.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 21:46   Link #52
Xion Valkyrie

So apparently if you look at Snake, your clothes disappear?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 07:24   Link #53
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
For a Nana Mizuki-based song, it was nice.
I have a Nana Mizuki fan for a friend who's going on about how great this song is.

Kinda like it.
Old 2010-04-04, 13:15   Link #54
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Peace Walker's latest PV...
I'll see that, and raise you this...

I for one dig the tuneage playing from 3:30 - 6:06 or so.
On which note: just in case it wasn't mentioned earlier in this thread, the skinny on the original soundtrack scheduled for release in ten days or so.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 04:19   Link #55
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I haven't played Portable Ops yet. Does anyone know if that game is actually necessary to pick up on Peacewalker?

I've played MGS1234 so far, but I recently got a PSP which is why I never touched portable ops.

I was wondering if Peacewalker features the traditional MGS controls, since the new MGS4 controls would probably not work on the PSP. Does anyone know about this? Since Snake seems to switch views and cameras in the gameplay like he does in MGS4 so its hard to tell.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 15:10   Link #56
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Peace Walker's latest PV

Did You Rike It?
damn it snake, hurry up and snap her neck DX
Old 2010-04-07, 08:27   Link #57
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The apocalypse reach MGS !!!
Monster Attacks ! This is the end .
Snake must be a Hunter now !

http://kotaku.com/5511159/metal-gear...nster-surprise

It doesn't seems an april fool .
Well ,why not ? Monster Hunter meet MGS

Edit : Video :

http://kotaku.com/5511508/go-monster...ker-with-snake

L.O.L , nice crossover ?

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-04-07 at 09:35.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 09:54   Link #58
Rias

If you think Monhun was crazy enough...MGSPW is also going to feature other collaborations, even with VOCALOID

http://www.konami.jp/mgs_pw/jp/collabo/index.html
Old 2010-04-07, 10:02   Link #59
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
I'll see that, and raise you this...

I for one dig the tuneage playing from 3:30 - 6:06 or so.
On which note: just in case it wasn't mentioned earlier in this thread, the skinny on the original soundtrack scheduled for release in ten days or so.
Right back at ya!

Ps.

Dear Kojima,

Ai Rike Eet!

Last edited by Flo; 2010-04-07 at 10:14.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 12:31   Link #60
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Heaven's Divide full version is out.

Spoiler:

As usual, moving.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
konami, psp