AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-23, 09:00   Link #81
C-chan
A mere observer

Why why...

I'm 14 yrs old, 3rd yr HS..

I was actually getting bored in watching anime filled with girl charas, so seeing K-on! didn't had any impact at me. I still haven't watched it that time, only read reviews and comments regarding this anime. One day, I went at a CD shop full with anime stuff, buying a Death Note and Clannad After Story series, when the cashier guy told wonderful stuff about K-on and asking me to buy it. So, I bought it, and it wasn't that bad once you watch it.

The music were awesome, fitting it's theme and setting. The characters has each of their cute personalities. The everyday lives of the girls were realistic, with humor included, and the designs were beautiful as always (thanks to KyoANi). The fluid movements adds solid to the characters and the surroundings.

I still haven't tried out the second season though. Since I'm KyoANi hunting this sem break, I might start watching it after Kanon and Death Note Rewrite (oh, in the middle of Mirai Nikki too)

Notes of A Normal Highschool Girl

Without love, it cannot be seen.
Without love, magic cannot be seen.
Without love, even the truth cannot be seen.

Old 2010-10-24, 07:20   Link #82
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-chan View Post
Why why...

I'm 14 yrs old, 3rd yr HS..
Unbelievable... =S well unless of course you're about to turn 15 that year. (still...)
Old 2010-10-24, 08:23   Link #83
Recette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Unbelievable... =S well unless of course you're about to turn 15 that year. (still...)
Maybe education ages/levels are different in the Philippines?
Old 2010-10-25, 07:27   Link #84
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Yes, there's no middle school in the Philippines. High school is 4 years.

Anyway, C-chan, why do I have the feeling that you bought bootleg DVDs? You could've just downloaded 'em for free from the fansubbers, who do it for free. But if these are indeed legit, what shop is that?
Old 2010-10-25, 08:24   Link #85
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette View Post
Maybe education ages/levels are different in the Philippines?
Cough..I AM in the Philippines. (just haven't turned to typing the location thingy.)

I was 15 in my 3rd yr HS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Yes, there's no middle school in the Philippines. High school is 4 years.

Anyway, C-chan, why do I have the feeling that you bought bootleg DVDs? You could've just downloaded 'em for free from the fansubbers, who do it for free. But if these are indeed legit, what shop is that?
I haven't mentioned this (due to me forgetting to put in the Location thingy.) but I am from the Philippines...and I was 15 in my 3rd yr. HS. Possibilities are he's around 1~2 yrs. adv. (from my POV -- which is the Philippine's POV)

And about bootleg DVDs...the Philippines IS infamous for that...so I wouldn't doubt that.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-10-25 at 21:43. Reason: The "EDIT" button is your friend...
Old 2010-10-28, 06:59   Link #86
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
During K-On!'s rise of fame. I saw lots of commercials about it. I don't really watch anime, but when I saw one commercial where Mio was giving Yui guitar tips, this really got me into K-On! 'cause I love music and I play the guitar in real life. I guess I also watch K-On! because I can kinda relate to Yui and how she learned how to play the guitar. K-On! eventually made me join a sorta like music club in my school. Even though I fail at guitaring like Yui in some live performances, I still feel like like I'm having fun.

I guess I'll give a background info 'bout me since everybody seems to be doing it. I'm in third year of high school and I'm a male Spanish+Chinese+Mild Japanese= Filipino. Yes, it does not make sense.
Old 2010-10-28, 12:08   Link #87
Masked

When I'm bored and I don't want to think, k-ons good entertainment.
Never really knew why it got so popular, actually I do know why I just assume the best of people.
Old 2010-11-04, 09:51   Link #88
Ferny
:D

I started watching K-ON! simply because I was bored and needed a new anime to watch, and then it became something so much more. The main thing is that K-ON! inspired me to get out the guitar I've had for three years and never played, and actually learn to play it. It's also taught me a lot about friendships, and I've gone out and improved some relationships with people because of it. Not to mention, it's an incredible anime with a perfect, not-too-extreme and not-too-boring plot, with lovable characters.

And all the moe~ *insert tiny fangirl squeal here*

Oh, and I'm a 15 year old white female, living in the United States. I'm in my second year of high school~
Old 2010-11-04, 22:02   Link #89
josh0

I recall starting it thinking it would have a strong music base topic in the show lol, then it turned out to be a slice of life moe-blob filled series of fun which was still nice and the music was quite nice as well when it was actually apart of the show though i think i spent more time surfing the internet for all the character and insert songs from the series then I have watching the show itself.

I'm 20 years old, Caucasian, college student and currently working overnights uploading trucks at a retail market in the U.S.
Old 2010-11-16, 23:20   Link #90
pampz21
ShipCore

HMM haven't read the post above^

but i can be sure they including me watches it becuz its moe...Haruhi said the moe is an important part of life??

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-11-19, 05:34   Link #91
Taufiq91

I love K-On!

The thing that attracts me to K-On! is the fact that it's the most relaxing slice of life anime next to Aria.

I'm very open minded with anime. I'm into manly animes like Cowboy Bebop and Fist of the North Star, but i'm also into slice of life animes like K-On!, Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh.

Watching K-On is like going to a nice cafe. Just sit down, have some tea and watch 5 beautiful girls play pop rock music. It's that simple. That's what slice of life is, and K-On is the best example of slice of life in 2010.

And i love the music. The music of K-On! is like a female, more cheerier of post-punk and New Wave music of the 80's. It's good, fun and catchy. Fuwa Fuwa Time reminds me of Devo, while Fude and Ballpoint Pen is pretty much a Japanese rendition of a New Order song. I like those songs, and i enjoy listening to Yui and Mio's voices.

The reason why K-On! is bashed is because it was overhyped, and many slice of life animes don't get the attention of the mainstream culture. Many aren't used to Slice of Life animes, and thus watching K-On is like a culture shock to them.

And if K-On!'s moe content is hurting anime as what most anime snobs say, then that's bullshit because K-On is like Haruhi Suzumiya in a baseball stadium compared to other animes. It's like blaming Anne Frank for World War II. To me, what's hurting anime is the fact we now rely on pretentious, Evangelion-esque bullshit to carry on a story instead of creating simple and unique storylines that could attract more people into animes.

And even if K-On doesn't have a plot, it's the characters that's important. Slice of life is more about character rather than plot, and many people seem to miss that. K-On! also has the best camera angles and artwork in anime, and watching K-On! makes you feel like you're a part of it, which works because of the camera shots and art design.

In conclusion, K-On is pretty much a simple, character-driven slice of life anime with nice music, great camera work and great art design. And the fact that it's bashed for being a a simple, character-driven slice of life anime is just ridiculous. I'd rather watch more shows like K-On! instead of pretentious animes with shitty Gainax endings. Atleast none of the characters have stupid family issues like the Ikaris or saying BS philosophical speeches about life and death. I got sick of those, so give me more K-On!!!
Old 2010-11-20, 02:27   Link #92
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
K-On! is one of those anime whose enjoyability doesn't have a reason because the lack of one perfectly emphasizes the pointlessness of the show. It's (a lot?) crazier than something more subdued than Aria and it essentially amounts to cute girls doing cute things, not counting the awesome tracks they produce. Actually, I'm not sure if the songs are the results of the show, or if the show is the result of the songs. I watched it as merely a way to pass the time, but without even knowing it you find yourself more attached to Afterschool Tea-time than you thought you were (episode 20 of K-On!! anybody?). And as for age, all I'm willing to say is that I'm below 20.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2010-11-20, 03:40   Link #93
MagnaDrake
iAmAwesome

Lessee... Reason...

Well, I watch because I read. Back then Im no huge anime fan, but Im still connected to this world via manga, so I lurked some and found the aforementioned series. So I read and read, it was interesting. 4 girls teaming up making a band with a junior coming along, occasionally performing and always having tea-parties and such. Then comes the announcement page with a small dialogue "K-on will become an anime !" At first I was like "Pssh, no big deal" and paid no attention to it. But reconsidering the manga is amusing, why not give it a try? By the time of the school festival part, I was excited about how will they make the song from the manga live. I listened and I was like "Woah, awesome." And so I got attached to the series. It even influenced me to buy and electric guitar (Im a intermediate flamenco player).

P.S. : Im a 13yo Indonesian.
Old 2010-11-21, 04:36   Link #94
J1m of the n00b

I mostly watch K-ON because it's a great way to escape. Of course, Yui and Ritsu are also a big reason why I watch. I still haven't finished K-ON, but from what I've heard so far I can't wait to see the rest.
I am a 16 year old Hispanic male
Old 2010-12-09, 19:45   Link #95
JuGG

I really enjoy watching K-On! because it's pure and simple entertainment. It captivated me from the start with realistic and quirky characters and it's just good fun.

Oh--and it relaxes me and settles my mind after a long day at work.

22yr old Male.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:06   Link #96
Excel

Hmm, I first heard about K-On in a forum, where people were talking about Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, and someone asked me if I had watched K-On, at first I thought the name was strange, and he didn't said anything about it, so I began re-watching Excel Saga. Then when I talked about K-On to my friend she said it was very funny and awesome. And I loved it, mostly because of Ritsu, but the other characters are great aswell! I found the plot funny, different, and in some parts, quite touching...
15 year old male white brazilian...
Old 2010-12-26, 21:25   Link #97
azunyana

I started watching K-ON a few weeks ago after my cousin recommended it to me. I'm not an anime buff but have a few anime movies. I liked the comedic aspect (Yui's antics) and the characters, as well as the character design. I finished watching season 2 a week or so after I initially found out about the series.

I love the episode in season 2 Field Trip the scene where Ritsu taunts Mio by whispering Lycopeen, where Yui & Mugi are laughing uncontrollably and Mugi snorts while Yui starts hacking up a lung - makes me laugh every time I watch it.
Japanese Canadian female in university.
Old 2010-12-26, 21:31   Link #98
Frizo
Say what?

I watch it because I love those School Life animes. It's also quite funny at times ^.^ Like when Mugi eats Mio's strawberry? She sits there, smiles, and crys. Made me laugh
Old 2010-12-28, 06:38   Link #99
NakanoAzusa
KeiOnBu Bucho

I myself is 18 this year....watched K-ON!....it teaches me lot of thing about life...about how we have to face difficulty using the right ways (slacking off in other sense..)! And I learned from Yui that even if I don't know anything, I can still work hard and do my best to fullest.....anyone agree?
Old 2010-12-28, 08:53   Link #100
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakanoAzusa View Post
I myself is 18 this year....watched K-ON!....it teaches me lot of thing about life...about how we have to face difficulty using the right ways (slacking off in other sense..)! And I learned from Yui that even if I don't know anything, I can still work hard and do my best to fullest.....anyone agree?
I agree. I'm 13 and the next March I'll be 14. I'm in one Luck Star forum in which there was a thread for K-On. In the thread they said that it is really great so I just decided to try it. It was already 10th episode of season 2