AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 10:59   Link #21
Tatsuyama Asuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
はじめまして

アメリカ人です。女性。私にとってはアニメと漫画は最高です!一番好きな系は絶対「少女」連載です。^^純粋ロマンス大好きだからね (>▽<)
わざわざ日本語で書いてくださり、ありがとうございます
please write in Japanese specially thank you !

「少女」連載というのは少女漫画のことですか?
Is a 「少女」連載 girls' comics?

もしそうなのだとしたら、私も好きですよ。
If
Me too.

私が一番好きな少女漫画は「桜蘭高校ホスト部」です
The girls' comics which I like is a "Orankoukoufosutokurabu"
Tatsuyama Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 11:25   Link #22
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsuyama Asuka View Post
「少女」連載というのは少女漫画のことですか?
The shoujo manga is a manga demographic aimed for girls. The romance theme is commonly (if not entirely) used in shoujo.

Quote:
私が一番好きな少女漫画は「桜蘭高校ホスト部」です

Yes The girls' comics which I like is a "Orankoukoufosutokurabu"
That shoujo is the one I know : it's Ouran High School Host Club ! However, I'm not a big fan of shoujo but I do like some of them, like Card Captor Sakura, Mirmo! and Tokyo Mew Mew, which I'm fond of them when I was little (thanks to their anime adaptations). But like many girls in my country in today's standards, my tastes slowly go to shounen (translated as boys' comics ; action and ecchi are common themes in this demongraphic).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:28   Link #23
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So, anyone recommend us a global MMORPG here?

@topic Welcome to Animesuki, TS (Topic Starter).
I can't really think of a truly global MMORPG. And the one that suits the purpose here would have to be free, easy to run and somewhat open ended. Nope. Can't think of one.

However, I do recommend OSU. http://osu.ppy.sh
It's a rhythm game and quite a lot of fun. You can chat and hang out all you want and you can play through a large collection of music, mostly anime or VN music at that.

Quote:
長文を完全に理解するには私の能力が足りません。
My capability is insufficient for understanding a long sentence completely.
You don't need to apologize for that. The fault is mine. I was kind of hoping somebody would translate my post into Japanese. I usually write like in that post so I would probably not be very true to myself if I didn't write like that. But I suppose I should give being simple and clear a shot as well. Please don't get intimidated. I will write short sentences but I will only break my paragraphs once I have a new thought.

Quote:
よって、理解できた部分のみの返答となる事をお許しください。
Therefore, please allow becoming the answer of only the understood portion.
No problems there

Quote:
私もアニメは素晴らしいと思います。
I think that anime is wonderful.
I think so too.

But anime can mean many things.

It can mean a way of telling a story. In it, the characters and the world move. They are alive. But it's not real life. People in anime can do things that we can't. And it's not just people. Things that don't exist here can exist in anime. And even those things are alive. So it can tell a story in a different way than other ways. If I read a Novel, the world and the people in the Novel are inside my head only. They are alive only in my imagination. I have to imagine even their faces, unless I am reading a Light Novel with illustrations or a Visual Novel. If I read a manga, I don't have to imagine the faces. But it is very limited in showing me movement. They all have their uses. But anime is definitely unique. And I am in love with this method to tell a good story. I like it more than I like Live Action. Live Action can't do things anime can. And actors in Live Action are always acting. They are fakes. But in an anime, the actors actually go through the story. If somebody dies in a Live Action, the actor doesn't die, only his character does. If somebody dies in an anime, they die for real.

I have a question for you. Do you watch any western animation? Western animation also has the advantages anime has over Live Action but in this part of the world, Live Action is still a better way to tell a story than an animation. In general. I believe the reason is because the general western audience doesn't think animation can tell a good story. Even the ones that are popular and tell a good story avoid dealing with complicated concepts. Most of the time, it's just fun for kids. The ones that target an adult audience rely on vulgar jokes and politically incorrect comedy. There are very few products from western animation that deal with human nature etc. Most of the ones that do that are very short and obscure. They don't get aired on TV or anything like that. Nor do they have a enthusiastic casual market. Almost always, they are watched only by a very specific audience. But despite all that, when they work, they work wonderfully. I really love them as much as I love anime.

Therefore, what I really love is animation. I love anime more than western animation but that has to do with the content more than Japanese animation being superior. In fact, most anime are produced with flawed animation. But I love the unique flair they have nonetheless. If I had to compare them, I would say that good anime bring out human emotions really well while good western animation feels more surreal. Apologies for extreme generalization.

And I shouldn't be so limited as to talk about animation from a pro-west and a pro-Japan perspective. There are wonderful animators elsewhere as well. CIS and South Asia have produced some notable shows. I don't know about the rest of the world but judging from the incredible talent shown by Chinese and Korean artists, I think they have great potential as well. But their works are very rare, especially on an international level. I wish there would be more of them.

Now, anime can also mean the collection of animated shows produced from Japan. I love this too. But I also dislike a lot of such shows. As I said earlier, many of these shows are flawed. Sometimes they don't tell a story well. Sometimes they focus too much on one thing only. Sometimes they lack coherence. So on and so forth. But despite all that, anime continue to impress me. They have their share of problems but they attempt what western animation usually doesn't. They tell us a human tale. They attempt adult themes. They tell a good story. A good story aimed at not just kids but a good story with profound significance. I do love them. But sadly, most anime don't do those things very well. I can understand why. Making an anime isn't easy. But that's all the more reason to make the ones that get made well. I hope anime shows find a balance between telling a sincere story and finding profitable exploits.

And that brings us to another thing anime can mean. The animation industry in Japan. There isn't another country in the world where animation deals with complicated topics on a seasonal basis. There certainly isn't a centralized animation scene which attempts so many genres elsewhere. There isn't a single another established animation scene with the volume of audience anime has. And to manage to keep producing such wonderful titles despite all the problems is an amazing achievement. But I keep hearing bad things about the industry. I hear that animators are underpaid and badly treated even within the industry. I hear that there are budget concerns all around. I hear that the industry no longer has a hold on mainstream Japanese audience. I hear that the industry is supported only by a passionate group of otakus who are seen as scum by society. I hear that the future of the industry is bleak. I don't know how much of this is true. But I certainly hope that the anime industry figures out a way to connect with the mainstream audience. I would think that pandering to a specific audience to the degree that some shows do now is ultimately suicidal but I don't know the full picture. I just pray for its continued success in the future. I will do what little I can when I can to support it but that isn't much at all.

Quote:
私がアニメを見る目的は2つあります。
There are two purposes that I look at anime.

1つは、漫画の単行本が出版されている場合、それを買うかどうかを見極めるためです。
The 1st is for discerning whether he buys it, when the book of comics is published.

すなわち、アニメを見て面白かったら原作も読もうと考えます。
That is, anime is seen, and if interesting, I will think that an original will also be read.

2つめは、原作の漫画を既に読んで内容を知っている場合、アニメとなって動き、話す様子を楽しむ ためです。
The 2nd is for enjoying signs that become anime, and it moves and talks, when original comics are already read and the contents are known.

私以外の日本人の中にも、同じ考えを持つ人はいるでしょう。
Probably, there are those who have the same idea also in the other Japanese.
Indeed, after seeing an anime, people are more likely to give the original work a chance. I do that.

And yes, enjoying a story come to life on screen is very appealing.

I would think there are indeed.

Quote:
ですが、基本的に皆それほど深い考えを持ってアニメ鑑賞に臨んではいないと思います。
But,I think that anime appreciation is not fundamentally faced all with so deep an idea.

大抵の人々は絵やあらすじ(概要)、または出演している声優などから興味を持ち、アニメを見るのだと思いま す。
Most people get interested from a picture, an outline or the voice actor that is appearing, etc., and think that they see anime.
I agree. I don't think what you look for in anime is very deep either. But I agree that most people don't care about even that. And that is fine as well. Casual audience is to be respected as much as any other. Nothing wrong with people watching anime because they like the art or the sound effects or the voice acting.

Quote:
日本人にとってアニメや漫画は既に文化として根付いています。
Anime and manga have already rooted as culture for the Japanese.

よって、私たちはその存在や、漫画を読むこと、アニメを見ることに対して疑問を抱く事はないの です。
Therefore, we do not have a question to the existence, reading manga, and seeing anime.
I wonder about that. It doesn't seem like the mainstream society appreciates anime all that much?

Quote:
アドバイスありがとうございます。
Thank you for the advice.

是非、機会があれば挑戦してみたいと思います。
I would like to challenge, if there is an opportunity by all means.
No problem. I hope you do challenge and that you don't give up. It's always wonderful to see the world from a new perspective.

Now, just to provide context for you, here is a rough sample of animation that I like from outside Japan.

Spoiler for Death of Ace.:

Spoiler for The Lighthouse.:

Spoiler for Sintel:

Spoiler for Oceansize:

Spoiler for The Backwater Gospel:

Spoiler for Meena:

etc.

Last edited by Forsaken_Infinity; 2012-03-21 at 14:41.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 15:44   Link #24
larethian

Sorry, Forsaken_Infinity, your posts are too long for me to translate. However, since English to Japanese machine translations are very much more accurate than Japanese to English ones, if you try your best to keep to proper academic English and avoid slangs and unnecessary jargon as much as possible, and also break up longer sentences into shorter ones, then Tatsuyama-san has a good chance of understanding you through a machine translator.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 15:48   Link #25
Kyuu
=^^=

Using translators... it's better to know at least some basic grammar to put these things to use, where all you'll need to do: translate simple words and phrases. Then, you put them together using the grammar. Of course, that's not perfect either, as you'd be bound to come across some... idioms.

For example, translate this: "Hey, what's trippin', yo?"
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 15:56   Link #26
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
"Hey, what's trippin', yo?"
Even people who speak English have a hard time translating that into usable English.
Old 2012-03-21, 16:01   Link #27
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Sorry, Forsaken_Infinity, your posts are too long for me to translate. However, since English to Japanese machine translations are very much more accurate than Japanese to English ones, if you try your best to keep to proper academic English and avoid slangs and unnecessary jargon as much as possible, and also break up longer sentences into shorter ones, then Tatsuyama-san has a good chance of understanding you through a machine translator.
No worries. Thanks for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Even people who speak English have a hard time translating that into usable English.
Yep. If you write that down in mainstream English, it loses its effect entirely.
Old 2012-03-21, 16:56   Link #28
Kyuu
=^^=

And, through my church, I have been teaching ESL to a small group of foreigners, among them Koreans and Hispanic people. Well, the more I dive into English (for lessons and topics)... the more I realize: "English sucks!"

For example, how we define "anime" vs how Japan does. Then, you end up with people thinking like... Forsaken_Infinity's long winded answer above.

Especially this section:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity
They have their share of problems but they attempt what western animation usually doesn't. They tell us a human tale. They attempt adult themes. They tell a good story. A good story aimed at not just kids but a good story with profound significance. I do love them. But sadly, most anime don't do those things very well. I can understand why. Making an anime isn't easy. But that's all the more reason to make the ones that get made well. I hope anime shows find a balance between telling a sincere story and finding profitable exploits.
I can think of another medium that does this:

Books

I say this, despite being one of the most poorly read people on the planet. And many of these books (print media) have been made into movies (video media), just as many manga (print medium) has been ported into what we call anime (video media). For now, "anime" is put into this special pedestal because nothing else compares to it visually, with exception of Pixar.

Come to think of it. Part of me can't wait to see what happens when a Japanese studio really masters 3D animation. So far, these have been limited to video games, although SquareEnix have tried a movie or two.

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-03-21 at 17:07.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 17:08   Link #29
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I will try to keep this simple.

Hi, it is very good to have this discussion with an anime fan from Japan.

I usually like anime a lot. Many of my favorite pieces of entertainment of all-time are anime shows. I think that anime, as an entertainment medium, offers great potential. I have been an anime fan for about 7 or 8 years now, and I have no regrets in choosing to be a fan for that length of time.

Now, a few basic questions:

1. What do Japanese anime fans tend to think of foreign fans? Are you (plural) glad that anime is well-liked outside of Japan? Do you think it is something that you have to be a Japanese person in order to fully appreciate?

2. The anime Guilty Crown comes to mind here. Have you seen it? I have read it said that it is an anime that you would have to be Japanese in order to fully appreciate and understand. I would be interested to get your take on that statement.

3. What are your own favorite anime shows?

4. How popular are Visual Novels where you live (as in your specific region in Japan)?

That's all I can think of for now. I'll leave it at that. Thanks a lot for having this discussion with us western/foreign anime fans.
Old 2012-03-21, 17:10   Link #30
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
And, through my church, I have been teaching ESL to a small group of foreigners, among them Koreans and Hispanic people. Well, the more I dive into English (for lessons and topics)... the more I realize: "English sucks!"

English is a rather weird language, most definitely. But I don't think it sucks. It has its merits. It has a larger vocabulary than most languages and it adapts well to foreign vocabulary so it can keep on expanding. It also has such a large volume of literature and is so widespread that there is no way I can agree to a flat out denial of the language's charm. English is a magnificent language in its own right. And it isn't all that hard to learn either.

Quote:
For example, how we define "anime" vs how Japan does. Then, you end up with people thinking like... Forsaken_Infinity's long winded answer above.
Please do elaborate. I kind of know that anime is just how they call animation in Japan. But what else? I simply substituted anime for Japanese animation in my post while I was comparing western animation vs Japanese animation. I don't think there was anything wrong with that. How (and where exactly) misguided was that? Also, bear in mind that while I am using English as my primary language and it just so happens to be the language I am most comfortable with now, I grew up in Asia and am fluent in 2 more languages (lacking vocabulary due to lack of use though) while having varying levels of knowledge of many more. So I don't essentially think the same way someone raised in an English speaking environment does.

Quote:
Especially this section:

I can think of another medium that does this:

Books

I say this, despite being one of the most poorly read people on the planet. And many of these books (print media) have been made into movies (video media), just as many manga (print medium) has been ported into what we call anime (video media). For now, "anime" is put into this special pedestal because nothing else compares to it visually, with exception of Pixar.

Come to think of it. Part of me can't wait to see what happens when a Japanese studio really masters 3D animation. So far, these have been limited to video games, although SquareEnix have tried a movie or two.
I was comparing western animation vs anime though ^^. I didn't say that there wasn't a single other medium that tells a human tale. Perhaps I should have elaborated a bit more on that very short part of the post where I was comparing animation vs written literature. I don't think anime is "superior" to literature whatsoever. In fact, I think very much the opposite. But I do think anime has an unique flair. And that anime brings things to live in a different manner than literature does. Heck, I think I made it plenty obvious that I like western animation just as much as anime when it's done well. I don't think I put "anime" into a special pedestal because nothing else compares to it visually. For one, I am not overly concerned with the visuals. For another, I am not exactly fond of the anime/manga art style any more than I am of well-done "western" art. All I said was merely that "in general", "anime" tend to tackle complex themes and tell a more relevant story than most western animation. I didn't say western animation is unable of producing works that deal with those (in fact, I gave examples to the contrary). I also said in my post(s) that I dislike anime, as in the collection of animated shows from Japan, in general. It's just that even with all that, "anime" tackles adult themes while western animation is either very obscure and academic or is very dumbed down politically incorrect comedy for adults or very dumbed down shows for kids. In general.

Also, if you really are one of the most poorly read people on the planet, then you are just about the last person I want to be told off from for not considering that books attempt complex themes etc. Because I can say with utmost confidence that I have read more than most people. And I enjoy a well-written narrative a lot more than any other medium.

But that wasn't the point. I was simply telling Tatsuyama-san that I love anime and I was pointing out my reasons for loving it. I compared its strength and weaknesses vs western/international animation in a very crude and generalized manner. But I also acknowledged that anime is, in fact, just animation. But you can't deny that the word anime also refers to the uniquely Japanese works of animation. And I was trying to lay out my views of that particular subset of animation. I don't see why you are implying that my attempts were misguided but please, do elaborate.

I do realize that I made many generalizations in my post but I was only trying to keep it simple. Generalizations are perhaps not the best way to achieve that but they most certainly are the easiest. Considering I am a lazy person, I took the easiest approach. Apologies for that. But I trust my reader to take what I say with a grain of salt, especially if I let them know that I am generalizing things.

Argh.. I have a severe case of the disease that makes you edit your posts over and over, again and again. I also can't help but compulsively reply to any point I see in a post addressed to me. I apologize if my thoughts thus appear incoherent. I can't quite help it.

I already told you that I don't put "anime" in a special pedestal as in considering it superior to other medium. But I do hold it in a special pedestal as in acknowledging it as a unique and useful medium of storytelling with its own flair and approach that can't be replaced by another medium. Western animation would come close but it wouldn't quite be the same as "anime".

What I wish to address now is that part of your post where you claim that literature has been adapted into movies in the same vein as manga into anime. It's true. But it doesn't mean live action adaptation manages to portray the same picture as animation can. You seem to have missed the part of my post where I compared my feelings towards live action to animation. I prefer animation over live action because it helps me be more objective. And as unreal as it sounds, animation is more real than live action to me. Because live actors are faking their part while animated characters are living their "real" life. But I don't mean to diss movies altogether. Movies are just as valid a medium for storytelling. They aren't inferior but different. I even acknowledged that at least in the west, live action is where I can find complicated stories and not animation. In general. But live action adaptations exist in Japan as well. And animated adaptations of literature exist outside Japan as well. Light Novels are getting more and more popular as the source for anime than manga. My point here is that live action and animation are separate medium. One can't replace the another. But, in general, I prefer animation over live action. Certainly so in the case of Japan where live action adaptations are epic fails while "anime" are beautiful works of art. Certainly not so the case outside Japan. In general.

Last edited by Forsaken_Infinity; 2012-03-21 at 17:53.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 17:48   Link #31
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

English is a difficult language as it has a lot of weird rules and then a lot of seemingly random exceptions to those rules. A lot of that can be (or just usually is) blamed on the French. Specifically the 1066 invasion of the British Isles by the Normans. When what was then English was banned and that era's French made the official language. Language creep happened and English (a Germanic Language) get a lot of Romance Language family rules and a bunch of French words added to the lists.

Since then, the langauge has changed....a lot. There use to be modifiers to words if someone was male or female (like one does in say Spanish), and there use to be formal and informal ways of speaking (Which can still be seen in the King James Bible and Shakespear). One of these was eventually removed around the time the Dictionary was invented. At that point the words became one fixed spelling and certain styles of speech began to die out.

However there are still a lot of English accents and differences even in the typed word between different English speaking countries (such as the spelling of the word "color", or "colour" depends on where you are from). I've had to act as a translator in an English to English conversation. Because Scottish Highlands accent goes not makes sense to someone with a Texan acccent and vis versa.

The Internet has not helped. In fact I think I am becoming a worse speller over time.
Old 2012-03-21, 17:56   Link #32
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
English is a difficult language as it has a lot of weird rules and then a lot of seemingly random exceptions to those rules. A lot of that can be (or just usually is) blamed on the French. Specifically the 1066 invasion of the British Isles by the Normans. When what was then English was banned and that era's French made the official language. Language creep happened and English (a Germanic Language) get a lot of Romance Language family rules and a bunch of French words added to the lists.

Since then, the langauge has changed....a lot. There use to be modifiers to words if someone was male or female (like one does in say Spanish), and there use to be formal and informal ways of speaking (Which can still be seen in the King James Bible and Shakespear). One of these was eventually removed around the time the Dictionary was invented. At that point the words became one fixed spelling and certain styles of speech began to die out.

However there are still a lot of English accents and differences even in the typed word between different English speaking countries (such as the spelling of the word "color", or "colour" depends on where you are from). I've had to act as a translator in an English to English conversation. Because Scottish Highlands accent goes not makes sense to someone with a Texan acccent and vis versa.

The Internet has not helped. In fact I think I am becoming a worse speller over time.
Agreed. But it's difficult only to master. A functional level of English that lets you study further on your own if you wish to isn't hard to obtain at all. As long as students attempt it with sincerity. Spoken English is a whole different beast but everyone can get pretty good at reading and writing English. And there are languages that are much harder to pick up than English.

While I agree that the English language is getting further corrupted, I am not sure if that's necessarily a bad thing. It depends on whether you see it as corruption of the language or evolution of the language I suppose. I definitely do think that English is getting badly corrupted in instant messaging and cellphone messages and the like though. But I have no ideas on how to combat that.
Old 2012-03-21, 18:06   Link #33
Zakoo

It's in such threads that I understand my japenese still have a long way to go. I really try to read but meeh, I barely keep the level.

Though it seems a weird suggestion, above all based on the rules of this board, but please, keep this thread like this huhuhu.

Well anyway, Japan culture and anime/manga are amazingly well accepted here, maybe because we too have the "BD" (our manga) mixing illustrations and dialogues, and such, manga weren't really different than ours, aside the fact we have to read from right to left.

It truly became popular when I think about it, the amount of manga now legally translated is amazing compared to what there was there ... 10 years? Back then when I was still young, there was only Naruto and things like that, the mainstream, but now each time I go in a market I can see shoujo, yaoi, yuri, even manga that aren't fansubbed in english.

Last edited by Zakoo; 2012-03-21 at 18:25.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 18:34   Link #34
Kirarakim

I am sorry I can't write in Japanese but welcome to the boards.

I am an American adult female fan of anime for about 12 years. For some Americans the differences in anime might be hard to understand but for myself and I think many anime fans in this country and around the world we love those cultural differences. I don't understand everything and probably never will as someone who is not a native speaker but I think I have picked up many things from being a fan over the years.

There are some things about anime I don't like but overall I am happy with the medium and find it more interesting than a lot of TV from the US.

If someone can translate this post I would appreciate it.
Old 2012-03-21, 18:42   Link #35
Qikz

おはよう!外国人のアニメBBSにようこそ!

Morning! Welcome to our community ^^

僕は21歳のイギリス人ですが、日本語の2年生です。
大学の終わる時に、僕は日本に住みたいです。
馬鹿な夢みたいですけど、絶対します!それは僕の計画です。

僕的には、アニメや漫画は大切なものですけど、イギリスに僕はマイノリティーだと思います。

For me, Anime and Manga are a special thing, but in England I think I'm in the minority.

マイノリティーのに、アニメや漫画オタクがいっぱいいます!英語にオタクはGeekです。

Even though it's a minority, there's a lot of anime/manga otaku here. In English, the word for Otaku is Geek.

イギリスにアニメオタク文化の状況は日本と同じです。

In England, otaku culture is in the same situation as Japan.

オタクは普通じゃないですけど、最近、有名な人はオタクになりました。

Being a geek still isn't normal, but recently more famous people have become geeks.

毎日、日本のオタ文化はイギリスに大きくなります。ヨーロッパとアメリカは同じだと思います。

Every day, Japanese culture in England is growing, I think Europe and America are the same.

僕の日本語はちょっとまずいですけど、質問があったら、聞きたいです。^^

My Japanese is pretty bad, but if you have any questions, I'd like to hear them. ^^
よろしくね!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am sorry I can't write in Japanese but welcome to the boards.

I am an American adult female fan of anime for about 12 years. For some Americans the differences in anime might be hard to understand but for myself and I think many anime fans in this country and around the world we love those cultural differences. I don't understand everything and probably never will as someone who is not a native speaker but I think I have picked up many things from being a fan over the years.

There are some things about anime I don't like but overall I am happy with the medium and find it more interesting than a lot of TV from the US.

If someone can translate this post I would appreciate it.
I'll do my best!

(ごめんなさい、これからはあの女の言葉です。彼女とあなたの為に訳しましたけど、まずい日本語で許してく ださいwww)

ごめんなさい、私は日本語が分かりません。でも、AnimeSukiにようこそ!

私はアメリカの女です。
12年前に私はアニメファンになりました。
アメリカに違う文化はちょっと分かりにくいですけど、アメリカのアニメオタクはその違う文化のことが大好き です。
私は日本文化のことがよく分かりませんけど、ファン時のおかげで、私はたくさん日本文化のことが習いました 。

嫌いことがあるのに、私はアニメが大好きです。
アメリカのテレビも好きですけど、アニメ方が面白いだと思います。

Last edited by Qikz; 2012-03-21 at 18:59. Reason: Translated the poster aboves post, I hope it's ok!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 20:10   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Konnichiwa, Tatsuyama. (こんにちは、龍山さん。)

You asked for english so I won't scare you with my japanese language skills.

Well, the existence of this forum shows there are dedicated western fans.

I am an adult anime and manga fan. I read and speak some Japanese so I do have a collection of japanese language manga and light novels.

I especially enjoy seinen but there is some shoujo and shounen anime I've enjoyed.

Recently, I've enjoyed watching Usagi Drop, Youkai Otome Zakuro, K-On!, Spice & Wolf. Also Toradora!, Working!, and Bakamonogatari. There are others as well, but I think that list will do for now.

I also study Japanese culture in general (I didn't start enjoying anime and manga until about 10 years ago). My wife is Japanese-American and our life reflects an interesting combination of Japanese and Irish-Norse aspects.

I sometimes wonder how some other western fans can follow a story at all when they don't know basic principles of japanese social expectations. Often they don't understand why a character behaves as they do.

Hopefully, that wasn't too complicated or too simple to read

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-03-21 at 20:22.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 20:11   Link #37
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Konnichiwa, Tatsuyama.

You asked for english so I won't scare you with my japanese language skills.

Well, the existence of this forum shows there are dedicated western fans.

I am an adult anime and manga fan. I read and speak some Japanese so I do have a collection of japanese language manga and light novels.

I especially enjoy seinen but there is some shoujo and shounen anime I've enjoyed.

Recently, I've enjoyed watching Usagi Drop, Youkai Otome Zakuro, K-On!, Spice & Wolf. Also Toradora!, Working!, and Bakamonogatari. There are others as well, but I think that list will do for now.
Intentional?

Spoiler for nitpicking for no reason aka messing around, i.e., being a baka:
Old 2012-03-21, 20:17   Link #38
Tatsuyama Asuka

Quote:
Using translators... it's better to know at least some basic grammar to put these things to use, where all you'll need to do: translate simple words and phrases. Then, you put them together using the grammar. Of course, that's not perfect either, as you'd be bound to come across some... idioms.

For example, translate this: "Hey, what's trippin', yo?"
「ヘイ 何に躓いたんだYO!」
ですか?
Is this exact?
Tatsuyama Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 20:25   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Intentional?

Spoiler for nitpicking for no reason aka messing around, i.e., being a baka:
yeah, I did it correctly when I added the kanji but forgot in the romaji, d'oh.

And I blame flaky self-checks for the Bakemonogatari error... I should eat before typing. Though "idiot's stories" may fit Araragi better
Old 2012-03-21, 20:32   Link #40
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsuyama asuka View Post
わざわざ日本語で書いてくださり、ありがとうございます:d
please write in japanese specially thank you !

「少女」連載というのは少女漫画のことですか?

もしそうなのだとしたら、私も好きですよ。:d
if
me too.:d

私が一番好きな少女漫画は「桜蘭高校ホスト部」です
the girls' comics which i like is a "orankoukoufosutokurabu"
どう致しまして 私、四年で高校で日本語勉強しましたから、日本語に書くこと出来ますね。ヒマあれば、 ずっと勉強します。 まだまだ学ぶ途中ですから、私の言葉には間違ったら、お失礼します(>_ <;)
You are welcome I studied Japanese in high school for four years so I am able to write it. When I have free time, I study it. I am still in the middle of learning so please pardon any mistakes in my words.

はい、少女漫画色々好きですね^^「桜蘭」ね。。。アニメは面白かった!私 環の派です!(ハルヒとカップ ル事)
10年かかったのに一番好きな漫画はまだ種村有菜の「満月をさがして」です。読む事ありますか ?
Yes, I like lots of girls comics. "Ouran" huh...the anime was amusing! I am a Tamaki fan! (as in a couple with Haruhi)
It's been ten years but my favorite manga is still Tanemura Arina's "Full Moon Wo Sagashite". Have you read it?

Tags
anime, japan, manga, question