AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-02-08, 11:53   Link #101
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I just hope that the author remembers the "weakness" of Edo Tensei he created and Tobirama has to break free from the spell like Madara.
it's practically a given since kishi keeps reminding us that tobirama invented the technique. this is the triumphant return of konoha's legends from an eternal prison of suffering. they'll have their time to shine for certain before they all make peace and have their souls go where they belong
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 14:58   Link #102
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I just hope that the author remembers the "weakness" of Edo Tensei he created and Tobirama has to break free from the spell like Madara.
The 1st began to say something about the Edo Tensei but the 2nd suddenly interrupted him, so maybe he was about to tell the real problem with Edo Tensei. Edo Tensei is too strong of a jutsu to be perfect. The so called "weakness" that we saw in Itachi's case isn't really a weakness of the jutsu since it was another godlike jutsu which required Shisui's unique eye that overpowered it. In Madara's case the control wasn't really broken, Itachi mind controlled Kabuto to stop the jutsu and Madara was freed at that point, he just made sure not to return to the world of the dead. So i think that the 1st and 2nd will reveal the real weakness of the jutsu later. The problem with Edo Tensei is that the basic laws of nature are completely thrown away in this case, it has infinite durability, chakra, stamina. The risk of Edo Tensei has been made clear alredy by example of Madara, given what we know about it right now he could go around the world for eternity and do whatever he wants. But there should be a source of this power that doesn't come from the physical world, the infinite energy might come from the world of the dead. And if so it should have some limitation, for example it could be that as time passes Madara will mentally degenerate as a side effect of drawing all that energy from the other dimension. Maybe Edo Tensei is a lesser version of a jutsu that created the 10-tails, if it's a human creation. It would be interesting if Madara began to lose his personality and his mind and became like the 10-tails, a mindless killing machine. He could even fuse with Obito's 10-tails at that point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think you greatly misjudge Danzou.
All his actions were for the village.
I don't even want to write about how wrong this is, since Hunter already did that. But reading this after reading the current chapter made it clear: if the Hokages were not scared of the Uchiha clan for the reason explained in this chapter and if Danzou didn't plot against both the Uchiha and the village then it would be very clear that Itachi must be made the next hokage, that is the 5th hokage. Page 11 tells us that the old 3rd hokage was aware that when Itachi was just 7 years old he was already thinking like a hokage. He was already considered a prodigy and we have already seen how strong he became multiple times (best example was shortly after he joined akatsuki he easily beats Orochimaru who almost became the 4th hokage). Add to this that making Itachi the hokage could have been the best and only peaceful soltution to the conflict between the village and the Uchiha. The elders should have decided and the 3rd hokage should have told to Itachi: "You are the next hokage", at age 13 (many became kages at a young age, Gaara, Sarutobi, the mizukage that was controlled, all far weaker than Itachi at that age). And if Danzou were a guy who works for the village he would have accepted that. If the 3rd was a flawless leader he would have not only done that but also he would have killed Danzou if necessary.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-02-08 at 15:24.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 23:48   Link #103
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I don't even want to write about how wrong this is, since Hunter already did that. But reading this after reading the current chapter made it clear: if the Hokages were not scared of the Uchiha clan for the reason explained in this chapter and if Danzou didn't plot against both the Uchiha and the village then it would be very clear that Itachi must be made the next hokage, that is the 5th hokage. Page 11 tells us that the old 3rd hokage was aware that when Itachi was just 7 years old he was already thinking like a hokage. He was already considered a prodigy and we have already seen how strong he became multiple times (best example was shortly after he joined akatsuki he easily beats Orochimaru who almost became the 4th hokage). Add to this that making Itachi the hokage could have been the best and only peaceful soltution to the conflict between the village and the Uchiha. The elders should have decided and the 3rd hokage should have told to Itachi: "You are the next hokage", at age 13 (many became kages at a young age, Gaara, Sarutobi, the mizukage that was controlled, all far weaker than Itachi at that age). And if Danzou were a guy who works for the village he would have accepted that. If the 3rd was a flawless leader he would have not only done that but also he would have killed Danzou if necessary.
sasuke will be made hokage, whilst naruto travels the world preaching...
Old 2013-02-09, 03:22   Link #104
Kowai

Is oro-zetsu weak because zetsu was weak, like fragile? Or was zetsu called weak for some other reason like not having jujutsu?

I would say wow oro can steal chakra now but he could probably already do that anyways...

So who is going to win sasuke vs the 2nd? And why would sasuke fight zombies? He took off his cloak and activated his ms he has to fight someone here
Old 2013-02-09, 08:17   Link #105
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ahahaha, Hashirama is hilarious. I like him a lot.

Aaaand apparently the Uchiha are now genetically predisposed to become emo.

Actually, I don't know about the majority of people, but I'm sort of willing to give the writer a bit of a break on that one now. Not so much forgive Sasuke, but at least the writer gave us something of an explanation as to why he (And Obito and Madara) are like that.

So... Love makes you evil, and grants you the power of hate.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 10:49   Link #106
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think it was yoda who said emotions lead to love, love leads to despair and despair leads to sharingan
Old 2013-02-09, 11:46   Link #107
yogotah

I think this was one of the best chapters of the last two years.
Who would have thought that Hashirama had this kind of personality, I was expecting an Aizen-like personality with a touch of compassion. I guess it was hinted before that he would be like Naruto but it seems that Hashirama has gone over a pretty big transformation since the time that Orichimaru summoned him to fight the Third.

At first, I did crinch at the fact at the love angle that was proposed for the reasoning of the Uchiha curse, but I've more accepting of that now. The only thing that I don't like is the notion that their brains are actually altered after experiencing loss, are you telling me that they are not acting rationally because they are mentally sick?

If Obito or Sasuke had talked to a psychiatrist, would they have turned out fine?

I don't want to give excuses for the action that the Uchiha has taken, but now they have officially become scapegoats.

Oh well, let' see where it takes us.
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 12:36   Link #108
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogotah View Post
At first, I did crinch at the fact at the love angle that was proposed for the reasoning of the Uchiha curse, but I've more accepting of that now. The only thing that I don't like is the notion that their brains are actually altered after experiencing loss, are you telling me that they are not acting rationally because they are mentally sick?

If Obito or Sasuke had talked to a psychiatrist, would they have turned out fine?

I don't want to give excuses for the action that the Uchiha has taken, but now they have officially become scapegoats.

Oh well, let' see where it takes us.
i don't think their brains are altered , but due to the loss their optic nerve changes immensely granting them 'the sharingan'(as per told by Tobirama),there might be some alteration biologically, but i don't think it alters their emotions and feelings,

you see when one goes through deep emotion trauma and then obtains great power just after the loss, would you not put that to use and try make your self feel better through any means necessary,
when one does go through such a state normally wild and destructive thoughts are floating in the mind but they are not executable, but when you obtain a power that can make that possible and put others to misery only so that you are not the only one suffering, it's not the same

as for your question, i don't think it would have been any different if the two had actually met a psychiatrist and neither they are mentally sick but are just powerful enough to make things happen that normally a person lacks when under depression

Last edited by mystogan; 2013-02-09 at 13:05.
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 14:37   Link #109
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It's not that they are mentally sick (although it's funnier to say it this way) but it does alter their behavior. Basically their relation with anguish, hatred, power and chakra is a vicious circle : their anguish and pain directly translate into more power and stronger/darker chakra which in turn increase their hatred which lead to even more power, etc.
The fact that Senju DNA seems to increase all Uchiha traits could even explain an extreme case like Obito who changed from a good guy to a maniac virtually instantly.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 16:38   Link #110
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
I wrote about this possibility a few years ago
Naruto is reaching a level beyond kage both in terms of power and thinking. Of course he is dumb, so by thinking i don't mean intelligence but the way he thinks about the world. Of course he has to since Jiraiya did entrust him to bring peace for the world. But its difficult to have him in that role if he is represents one village, unless the current ninja alliance between villages becomes even stronger, but what would be Naruto's role in bringing peace if this war already brought a final world peace. So Kishimoto can choose to have Naruto as hokage in a ninja alliance of the peaceful times, this is less realistic in my opinion, but of course the manga is not about being realistic. It would actually be boring to have Naruto become hokage. The other issue that is more interesting than the peace between villages is the inner peace of a village. Until now they had their tailed beasts, and they made huge sacrifices in order to have those demons at disposal, it clearly destabilized the villages, there was much hatred because of all the people that were sacrificed and also the tailed beasts were kept as slaves. Obviously Naruto won't allow that to happen, he already made a promise to let these 9 go free, but if he just freed them into the world there would be trouble, some organizations and villages would go after them. The solution to this might involve Naruto not becoming the hokage, he could give up his personal dream in order to make justice for both these 9 tailed beasts that were treated like slaves for decades and also for the Uchiha by letting Sasuke become hokage. Because if Naruto doesn't want to become hokage and Sasuke at last joins Naruto then the only possible candidate for hokage would be Sasuke, he's far stronger than anyone from Konoha, just like Itachi was. I hope Kishimoto reminds us that Itachi had the right to become hokage but was denied because of his heritage, if Naruto ever tells that Sasuke should be the 6th there surely will be people to oppose it because of the clan even if Sasuke just recently saved Naruto and with it the whole world, and of course that would give Kishimoto the opportunity to write a really emotional and cheesy speech for Naruto
Old 2013-02-09, 17:51   Link #111
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'd vote Naruto for First Omnikage.

Anyway, I think the antifandom will become highly amusing when they hear about this.
Old 2013-02-09, 18:51   Link #112
Owlman

Quote:
I wrote about this possibility a few years ago
Naruto is reaching a level beyond kage both in terms of power and thinking. Of course he is dumb, so by thinking i don't mean intelligence but the way he thinks about the world.
What does he think about the world, whats his philosophy?
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 18:54   Link #113
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

His philosophy that people need to learn to understand eachother's pain rather than keep fighting and causing eachother even more pain.
Old 2013-02-09, 22:09   Link #114
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'd vote Naruto for First Omnikage.
sekaikage? i do agree that naruto is already beyond hokage level. i still think he will be hokage since its been his motto since day 1 but i do like the idea of sasuke becoming hokage and naruto becoming jesus and walking the earth. he certainly cares about everyone as opposed to just konoha. he'd basically be the next So6P and preside over all ninja given his ridiculous power
Old 2013-02-10, 01:04   Link #115
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
sekaikage? i do agree that naruto is already beyond hokage level. i still think he will be hokage since its been his motto since day 1 but i do like the idea of sasuke becoming hokage and naruto becoming jesus and walking the earth. he certainly cares about everyone as opposed to just konoha. he'd basically be the next So6P and preside over all ninja given his ridiculous power
Oh I love traveling ninja stories (Jubei from NinjaScroll comes to mind ). I think it would be a great read regardless of who would take this role, but I see Sasuke as more of the wanderer type who occasionally shows up back in Konoha for a special episode/arc. I feel theres really nothing much for him to do in Konoha. I'm sure he'll eventually be accepted again once he reconciles with Naruto, but for him to be Hokage just seems awkward. Naruto just feels born for that role, even besides him stating its his dream for hundreds of chapters, but also that he so intensely LOVES his village.

I do like the irony of Sasuke as the Hokage, since that would mean that an Uchiha is finally fully accepted as part of the village and he is tasked with watching over the village he once condemned and hated, but with his personality, the wanderer role seems better suited. He doesn't have much of a meaningful relationship with anyone there (except perhaps Kakashi, or Sakura if you want to push it), and to me it would be fitting for him to travel the world, spreading a world paradigm of peace learned from Naruto and righting the wrongs that he happens to come across, considering how much wrong and controversy he has managed to cause himself.

Naruto traveling would be a great read also, considering he was tasked to spread peace throughout the world; it also makes sense. As I said, I think it would be a great read regardless of who wanders, but Sasuke as the hokage just doesn't feel like the best fit. Even after reconciling through whatever means (saving Naruto's life, saving the entire village, etc.) I just don't see the people loving Sasuke as much as they love Naruto.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 04:30   Link #116
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think the Daimyo can actually control the villages if the villages decide that peace is the thing they want.
Old 2013-02-10, 05:41   Link #117
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlman View Post
What does he think about the world, whats his philosophy?
In case of Naruto calling it "philosophy" would be strange
But rather than trying to analyze it here are some examples:
- he doesn't want to choose between the village and Sasuke, that's not standard hokage thinking, even Itachi chose the village over his clan and the 3rd says he was thinking like a hokage
- Naruto decided to forgive Pain/Nagato and let him go, he even had a serious debate with Ino's and Shikamaru's father
- he promised to the 9 tailed beasts to set them free, but he should know that in the current ninja village system both these tailed beasts and the hosts are simply regarded as property of the village

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I really wonder what will happen to the alliance after this war is over.
At the moment it really develops into some sort of understanding between the different ninja villages and it's hard to believe they are going to fight each other again after what they've gone through together.
Human history is all about becoming friends against a common enemy, and once the enemy is destroyed the alliance breaks down and the allies often become enemies themselves. If Kishimoto chooses to continue this manga after all the current enemies are dealt with then breaking the alliance would be one realistic way to do it. But it's also a question what the alliance is now, because it seems that the alliance army will be almost completely annihilated in war, both the army and the command center is being killed. They were who fought together, they were the core of the friendship between the villages, those who stayed home probably didn't change much, so unless the army returns to their homes villages with their new way of thinking there won't be real peace between villages. So i wonder if Kishimoto will resurrect the whole army... It's not unprecedented that Kishimoto chose the simple way: when Naruto lets Nagato go it would have been interesting if Nagato simply escaped and didn't change his mind and then Naruto blamed for it and had to leave Konoha, or when Naruto is called the revolutionary but then it's Sasuke who deals with Konoha's ugly past by killing Danzou. So it's probably more likely that there's a mass resurrection of the army and then everybody goes back to his own village and changes the mentality of their own village and also Naruto returns to Konoha and becomes hokage right away. But wouldn't it be much more interesting if the alliance army stayed dead, the people of the 5 villages would continue where they were before this alliance, the smaller villages would try to expand their power now that the great 5 lost most of their power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
He doesn't have much of a meaningful relationship with anyone there (except perhaps Kakashi, or Sakura if you want to push it),
That's surely the biggest problem with the idea. But the ex-genins of his ninja academy class were as close to him as to Naruto, even if now they want to kill him but there was a time when they risked their life to return him to the village telling that he is one of them. So the situation can be reversed. And its not unprecedented, just look at Gaara, he was hated by the village and was murdering people even inside the village, then suddenly after a timeskip he becomes the kazekage and sand genin girls throw their panties at him lol. If Naruto were to just drag back Sasuke to Konoha and many people were still against an Uchiha being in the village then we would be back at square one, that is nothing changed in the relation of the village and Uchiha.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-02-10 at 06:20.
Old 2013-02-10, 09:27   Link #118
itachi-san314

Quote:
- he doesn't want to choose between the village and Sasuke, that's not standard hokage thinking, even Itachi chose the village over his clan and the 3rd says he was thinking like a hokage
itachi chose sasuke and the village also

Quote:
But wouldn't it be much more interesting if the alliance army stayed dead, the people of the 5 villages would continue where they were before this alliance, the smaller villages would try to expand their power now that the great 5 lost most of their power...
yes... i will be very disappointed to see another mass resurrection.

Quote:
That's surely the biggest problem with the idea. But the ex-genins of his ninja academy class were as close to him as to Naruto, even if now they want to kill him but there was a time when they risked their life to return him to the village telling that he is one of them. So the situation can be reversed. And its not unprecedented, just look at Gaara, he was hated by the village and was murdering people even inside the village, then suddenly after a timeskip he becomes the kazekage and sand genin girls throw their panties at him lol. If Naruto were to just drag back Sasuke to Konoha and many people were still against an Uchiha being in the village then we would be back at square one, that is nothing changed in the relation of the village and Uchiha.
i still dont think it will happen where sasuke is hokage, but i can justify it with what you've said here. naruto wanted to be the fifth, but he has waited his turn through tsunade and danzo. he would probably step aside again if it meant sasuke would return and be acknowledged. it's clearly not mandatory that the people of the village like the hokage as shown by danzo's appointment, so people liking sasuke is a moot point. i wonder how much the daimyos actually know about the uchiha massacre. they seem pretty far removed from the inner workings of the village and only seem to care about their own protection and the country's border and financial stability. the ninja really are just tools to them which is what may change after this war if the ninjas unite and refuse to be treated that way anymore.
Old 2013-02-10, 16:06   Link #119
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think Naruto ever forgave Nagato.

And before you go raging against me, I'd like to point out that not killing a guy isn't the same as forgiving them.

He actually allowed Nagato to take responsibility for his actions.

To forgive is not to let them go, but to absolve them of responsibility.
Old 2013-02-10, 16:39   Link #120
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
itachi chose sasuke and the village also
And Itachi also left. .

For the peace of the nations alliance, someone so singularly powerful could not exist or claim residence within one country. That would just promote fear which would lead to war. Hashirama understood this when he split up the Bijuu.

Th only way I could see Naruto staying in Konoha to become the next Hokage is if he loses the Kyuubi (as it is, I fully expect Sasuke to lose his eyes by the end of the series, or have them simply evolve to the Rinnegan, thus destroying the instability that is the Sharingan).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion