AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 31 28.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 28.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 25.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-01, 16:59   Link #41
etothex

Totally called that Milly's omiai was with Lloyd.

So Suzaku really did kill his dad? Or was Mao just kinda twisting things. I always thought Suzaku was f*ed up in the head, but damn, he was only 10 years old at the time. If he really did kill him, wow, he must be like 10 times worse than anticipated.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:00   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
It's getting hard to tell between filler and actual content, but I'm pretty sure if no mechs are used nothing important happened.
What?

For the past three episodes - there has been solid content surrounding two Geass users. That my friend is story, not filler. & seeing as though we're on the topic, there has not been a filler yet, and i can't see one happening anytime soon.
Old 2007-02-01, 17:04   Link #43
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What?

For the past three episodes - there has been solid content surrounding two Geass users. That my friend is story, not filler. & seeing as though we're on the topic, there has not been a filler yet, and i can't see one happening anytime soon.
Except one of those people is dead now so I guess 3 episodes have been wasted. Basically, this show started off as a battle between Lulu and Britannia, and now we're getting random episodes that don't further that plot line. I don't object to plot twists, I just wish they'd get back to the main story. There doesn't need to be another 20 minutes used up on a lame character so we can find out what Milly's favorite color is.

Edit: Also, no filler? Did you watch the episode where they chased after a cat? Now I like silly stuff too, but the way this show started off really fast-paced and has recently (since the announcement of the next 2 seasons) slowed down is a bit frustrating. The fast pace was one of the great elements of the show, which is slowly being diminished.

Last edited by LuckyCat; 2007-02-01 at 17:17.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:05   Link #44
chupacabra

Well i just finished re-watching again the episode and the part of euphemia and cornelia (misspelling?) was about how they used to play like that and they also remembered how they played with lelouch and nanaly (i know this isn't the real name) in the exact way or similar .

Last edited by chupacabra; 2007-02-01 at 17:31.
chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:11   Link #45
blablablub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
blablablub. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:15   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablablub. View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-01, 17:19   Link #47
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Except one of those people is dead now so I guess 3 episodes have been wasted. Basically, this show started off as a battle between Lulu and Britannia, and now we're getting random episodes that don't further that plot line. I don't object to plot twists, I just wish they'd get back to the main story. There doesn't need to be another 20 minutes used up on a lame character so we can find out what Milly's favorite color is.
I'm sorry but those three eps have not been wasted. There were a few developments to take count of.
- Lelouch starting to have doubts and vowing to shed more blood.
- Shirley departing from his life, making C.C.'s prediction come true: that the power of geass and everything it entails would make Lelouch lonelier.
- Doubt spreading among the BKs, especially Ougi.
- Viletta losing her memory and ending up with Ougi.
- Lelouch realizing that the power of geass is a double-edged blade for the user.
- Shedding light on C.C.'s earlier behavior towards Lelouch.
- Lelouch learning that Suzaku is Lancelot's pilot.
- The revelation that Suzaku murdered his father.
- Renewal of the covenant between Lelouch and C.C. possibly leading to their trusting each other a little more.
- Start of the announced three-part change in Lelouch's determination and ruthlessness.
- Lelouch being driven a little further up the wall by having Mao hit a little too close to home...again.

It's already quite a list, don't you think so? The Mao arc could have been extracted and set aside as a digression but I feel that in a way it was inevitable - it had elements I surmise couldn't either be helped or had to be thrown in for further clarification/clueing in.
Old 2007-02-01, 17:19   Link #48
attobyte

I don't think Mao is dead, I mean looking at the screenshots C.C.'s weapon looked like a veterinarian traquilizer gun instead of a real one, maybe she just knocked him out and intends to hide him somewhere safe for a while.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:20   Link #49
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
HOLD ME

It's getting hard to tell between filler and actual content, but I'm pretty sure if no mechs are used nothing important happened.
you're looking at this in the wrong way:
there's so much random character development and halarious/awesome scene's in this show, it doesn't matter if the overall story is advanced.

this show is really random pairings, lelouch pawning people, and the occasional chainsaw. and pizza hut of course.

though on a more serious note, the anime isn't really about the rebellion: its about Lelouch and Co. The driving force in this show is the character development, and this episode includes a revelation on Suzaku's past and a new connection between two minor characters. heck, there's even some set up for Nunally and a little development for CC at the end. sounds like a good story advancement to me. ^_^
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:24   Link #50
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

I see where you're coming from, and I only criticize because I do enjoy this show and think it has some great potential. Like I said, I worry that the pacing of the show has slowed down greatly since the announcement of 2 more seasons.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, try watching episode 1-4 again as a comparison to what kind of steps forward the plot is making.

If British royality isn't dying, something is going wrong with Lelouch.

Last edited by LuckyCat; 2007-02-01 at 17:57.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:32   Link #51
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I see where you're coming from, and I only criticize because I do enjoy this show and think it has some great potential. Like I said, I worry that the pacing of the show has slowed down greatly since the announcement of 2 more seasons.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, try watching episode 1-4 again as a comparison to what kind of steps forward to plot is making.

If British royality isn't dying, something is going wrong with Lelouch.
yeah. I guess its really just a personal question of which plot thread is deemed most important...to each his own.

well, on the bright side, I can't imagine Cornelia surviving much longer, as Lu seems to be gearing up the knights for a big strike (if the preview is any indication), and they showed Cornelia being somewhat human for a change in the scene with Euphemia. feels like a classic "lets give some likability to this character before we off them" set up
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:37   Link #52
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
yeah. I guess its really just a personal question of which plot thread is deemed most important...to each his own.

well, on the bright side, I can't imagine Cornelia surviving much longer, as Lu seems to be gearing up the knights for a big strike (if the preview is any indication), and they showed Cornelia being somewhat human for a change in the scene with Euphemia. feels like a classic "lets give some likability to this character before we off them" set up
And on the other hand, the last time one of Lulu's plans worked out against anybody but Mao was episode 2.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:37   Link #53
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
I don't think Mao is dead, I mean looking at the screenshots C.C.'s weapon looked like a veterinarian traquilizer gun instead of a real one, maybe she just knocked him out and intends to hide him somewhere safe for a while.
denial is a cruel thing but if he doesnt die this time ill be the one shooting him ~ (just to say that he did die if you take a look at his eye when he was shot)

Spoiler:

rocking ep!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:37   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
and they showed Cornelia being somewhat human for a change in the scene with Euphemia. feels like a classic "lets give some likability to this character before we off them" set up
Thats just silly. All along its been easy to tell that Cornelia loves her sister, so showing a scene like that just had to happen - same goes for the topic of which they were speaking of. I'm not just saying this because i'm one hell of a Cornelia fanboy, but i don't believe she'll be killed of anytime soon. The next big topic for the story shall be Euphie's Knight. :3

Spoiler for Cornelia:
Old 2007-02-01, 17:40   Link #55
etothex

Concerning the seeming unrelatedness to plot of the Mao arc
Spoiler:

otherwise i would have found the arc a bit trying to watch as well, especially with the upcoming episodes, although honestly the whole concept behind this episode still seems a waste. How many dead but not dead characters is that now.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:50   Link #56
ThoHell

Good episode!

Spoiler for episode 16:
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:53   Link #57
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
The gun actually looks like a WWII Japanese pistol-offshoot (the Japanese rifles/submachine guns certainly look antiquated compared to the more futuristic FAMAS F1-like Britannian bull-pup rifles) with the protruding bolt and firing pin group. Its queer looks are even more unusual with that silencer attached to the barrel (IMHO it looks like a High-Standard .22 [suppressed] spinoff) If you look back at ep12 when Kirihara's bodyguards aimed their handguns at Zero's Burai, they had roughly the same model and I highly doubt they'd use tranquilizer guns against someone they were ready to off at the slightest sign of a threat or if he didn't comply with their exigences.
Old 2007-02-01, 18:05   Link #58
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
- Lelouch learning that Suzaku is Lancelot's pilot.
He didn't.

As for the episode - Lloyd&Milly was the only great part, everything else was from average to OK. (although I didn't understand everything they were saying).
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 18:17   Link #59
Selic

Spoiler for this episode:
Selic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 18:19   Link #60
masama
use the fōrks ~

wow, Viletta housewife look
masama is offline   Reply With Quote