AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-10, 05:07   Link #141
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I've wanted to create a 'How much of a Haruhist are you thread', but I figured that its almost impossible to accurately judge yourself lol

I was thinking of creating a test to test yourself, then you will post the results into the poll.

e.g. 0-10% Haruhist, 11-20% Haruhist,... 91-100% Haruhist.

That was when I thought I cannot come up with a test to accurately tell how much of a Haruhist somebody is.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-07-10 at 11:19.
Old 2006-07-10, 05:40   Link #142
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
That will not need a thread, for I shall now tell you how to watch it.

The best way to watch is to watch the episodes as they are listed. Watch from episode 1 to episode 14. The show is arranged in this way to specially provide the optimum character and story development and the strongest climax at the end.

Only when you finished watching it this way should you decide to watch the show in another order. You'll really need to watch the episodes a few times to get the full idea of the show.
So basically you are saying that i should watch the Series in the order they are shown and listed, and also you are saying if i do that i have to watch each episode a couple of times to really undrestand whats going on?

So all that said why should i watch each episode couple of times in this way when i can watch it in the real order of episodes once and undrestand whats going on?.

Are you saying that if i watch the episodes in the real order i will miss something ( excitement, joy mayby) than i would if i had watched it in the way it is listed?.

Well, diffrent people might look at diffrent way, so i thought if we had a thread discussing this, mayby people who havent watched the series yet will benefit from it. Probably there will be more people who will be asking the same question as i have soon too, so i dont think it hurts to have a thread about this .

P.S. Also we can talk about Pros and Cons of both ways too.
Old 2006-07-10, 05:50   Link #143
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, the decision is up to the mods, more threads are fine for me lol, I thirst for something to discuss.

But this particular question, 'How to watch/what's the order to watch' or something similar has been asked many times, its probably the most asked question in this sub forum.

So, because its such a popular/common question, it raised two views:

1) Since it has been asked and answered many times, including the pros and cons, we can answer the question, if asked again, by refering it to a previous answer. That's why it doesn't need a thread.

2) The other view is, because this question has been asked so many times, it requires a thread for itself.

Old 2006-07-10, 06:14   Link #144
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
1) Since it has been asked and answered many times, including the pros and cons, we can answer the question, if asked again, by refering it to a previous answer. That's why it doesn't need a thread.
So far I haven't seen a good argument against this view. And I would like to add that it's not as if you can't discuss this using the existing threads (as it already has been), so I would just add that so far I haven't seen a good case put forward that this particular topic warrants it's own thread.

Going back to the topic SnakeLegend suggested "How mad are you into Suzumiya Haruhi", I would like to note that the suggestion C.A. made "How much of a Haruhist are you thread" (along with some sort of test) is more of a possibility. The main problem is such "forum games" are against the forum rules

So given there is an actual topic (beyond the "how much did you enjoy the series" question), it might be a possibility. The exact subject and reason to exist still needs some work, so keep working on the idea

Also, looking at the latest episode discussion thread, there might be a need for a thread concerning the possibility of the series being licensed (I actually think it's not a question of "if" it will get licensed but "when"). A thread were people can discuss what they hope to see in a licensed release might seem worthwhile (Licensing company, voice actors, extras, when will it happen, etc.).
Old 2006-07-10, 06:52   Link #145
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Well, the decision is up to the mods, more threads are fine for me lol, I thirst for something to discuss.

But this particular question, 'How to watch/what's the order to watch' or something similar has been asked many times, its probably the most asked question in this sub forum.

So, because its such a popular/common question, it raised two views:

2) The other view is, because this question has been asked so many times, it requires a thread for itself.
Since it has been asked many times, is itself a good reason to have its own thread . So mayby if it has it's own thread, it wont be asked again. Its not that i dont undrestand yours and Xris's argument, its just that i cant find threads or posts that talks about this and also cons and pros of both ways of watching. I know there are probably some in the forums, but i cant find them, since the forum is so big. Could you guys point me to couple of the posts that talk about Cons and pros of each way. Thanks alot again .

P.S. If i watch the series in the real order ( not as they are listed and shown) Will i really miss any thing. I dont mean story wise, but as in terms of Enjoyment of the show.
Old 2006-07-10, 07:33   Link #146
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm here's my view on the effects of watching in the 2 orders:

Watching the 'random' episode order = more enjoyment, since the show is arranged in this way to specially provide the optimum character and story development and the strongest climax at the end. You will miss certain details that actually matter, because you didn't know that there's actually a previous event that leads to such.

Watching the 'correct' chronological order = clearer picture, since you will get to see how the events actually progressed. But there will be less enjoyment as the climax actually happens in episode 6 and every episode after that will become seemingly random and pointless themselves. Since the chronological episode 7 and everything afterwards do not contribute to the main story, 'Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu', they are individual stories that end once the episode ends. But if viewed in the 'random' order, these stories will contribute to the main story more effectively.

Old 2006-07-10, 08:11   Link #147
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
I'd agree with C.A. then :3
Old 2006-07-11, 18:32   Link #148
Biswa

I'd just watch the show over and over again till i'm not confused anymore. Well that's my 2 worthless cents. Want 2 more? here:

Requesting a favorite quotes thread. I think this is one of the very few anime with extremely funny and well created lines (though it may be the translators to thank), and i think we should rack up quotes in a thread. Possible some time we can stick them in wikiquote or imdb (shrug). Either way, i'd like to see a bunch of good quotes.
Old 2006-07-11, 22:09   Link #149
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biswa
Requesting a favorite quotes thread.
Done. The thread can be found here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34077
Old 2006-07-14, 08:34   Link #150
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Just wondering, can we have a thread for Suzumiya Haruhi Fan-Fics? I think i would be nice to see how people can expand the world of Haruhi outside the anime and novels.
Old 2006-07-14, 09:47   Link #151
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr
Just wondering, can we have a thread for Suzumiya Haruhi Fan-Fics? I think i would be nice to see how people can expand the world of Haruhi outside the anime and novels.
I don't object to the idea but the problem would be to contain different fanfics (which may be multi-part) all into one thread. Would this be acceptable to the authors and readers?

At the moment, there isn't anything stopping someone from posting their fanfic in the Fan Creations forum (since it's also meant for fanfics as well as fan-art).

Possible solutions then...

Create a "Fanfic" thread in this forum and allow fanfics to be posted. Pros - Easy to find and read. Cons - May get jumbled with different stories being mixed together, easy for thread to go off-topic (to a particular story).

Create a "Fanfic Discussion" thread in this forum. Instead of the fanfics being posted in the actual thread, new threads are created in the Fan Creations forum by the author and links / updates / feedback can be posted in the thread here (an index could be maintained as part of the first post). Pros - Easy to find and easy to spot new updates. Cons - Need to switch to a new thread to read the fanfics, needs higher maintenance by Mods.

Do nothing, let the fanfic authors post in the Fan Creations forum and let comments / feedback to posted in the appropriate thread there. Pros - Keeps discussion with the fanfic. Cons - Difficult to find all the different threads without careful searching.
Old 2006-07-14, 10:00   Link #152
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Create a "Fanfic Discussion" thread in this forum. Instead of the fanfics being posted in the actual thread, new threads are created in the Fan Creations forum by the author and links / updates / feedback can be posted in the thread here (an index could be maintained as part of the first post). Pros - Easy to find and easy to spot new updates. Cons - Need to switch to a new thread to read the fanfics, needs higher maintenance by Mods.
If I may contribute my views, I think that of the three, the above would be the most practical in terms of being user friendly. It is the neatest. And I dont think switching to a new thread to read is hard, there is the beauty of tabbed surfing; at worse, alt-tab works fine too. However, since they are housed in a seperate thread; users might quote them while discussing specific works (to distinguish the discussion of one fanfic from the other), and that would defeat the purpose of putting them into the Fanart thread in the first place. Still minor problems tho.

Altho, I doubt authors would go thru so much trouble to post on AS. They usually have their own websites. Its more probable that the thread will contain links by AS regulars to those fanfics
Old 2006-07-14, 12:27   Link #153
st40611
..Oh dear.

Requesting a Suzumiya Haruhi Skin thread.

As to start it off, I already found a Negato skin here.
Old 2006-07-14, 12:46   Link #154
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Altho, I doubt authors would go thru so much trouble to post on AS. They usually have their own websites. Its more probable that the thread will contain links by AS regulars to those fanfics
Good point there (I'm not that familar with fanfics and the posting habits of such authors ). We'll see what Catgirls thinks of the idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by st40611
Requesting a Suzumiya Haruhi Skin thread.

As to start it off, I already found a Negato skin here.
Why not just use the SOS団 Image Thread (wallpapers, screen caps, artwork, etc.).

Don't really see the requirement for a separate thread.
Old 2006-07-16, 05:56   Link #155
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Now that Suzumiya Haruhi the anime finishes its run, how should we go about continuing the discussions as it won't be 'current' very soon. The novel is still ongoing but there's no seperate novel section on animesuki forum so...

whereabout should Suzumiya Haruhi discussion be situated eventually? (Seeing as season 2 of Haruhi when it happens will tie to season 1...)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-07-16, 07:35   Link #156
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Now that Suzumiya Haruhi the anime finishes its run, how should we go about continuing the discussions as it won't be 'current' very soon.
Catgirls and I discussed this a while ago with this result
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
We're going to set-up a few threads for the end of what is unquestionably the best series of the past three years, Suzumiya Haruhi. I thought I'd drop a note here to assuage any possible concerns. The three we have in mind are:

» Suzumiya Haruhi Final Thoughts & Overall Series Impressions
» Final Series Poll/Rating
» "Second "Favorite Character Poll" to bookend the first thread.
» Who had the best legs.
So the Suzumiya Haruhi Final Thoughts & Overall Series Impressions along with the Suzumiya Haruhi (General Discussion) are intended for discussion now the series is over. We plan to unsticky the ep 14 discussion thread soon and leave the Final Thoughts as a sticky.
Quote:
Now that Suzumiya Haruhi the anime finishes its run, how should we go about continuing the discussions as it won't be 'current' very soon. The novel is still ongoing but there's no seperate novel section on animesuki forum so...
Do you want a separate thread than the existing Suzumiya Haruhi novel and manga thread? Are you asking for a separate thread for the lastest novel (and for any future novel releases), to allow specific discussion (i.e. to avoid the need for spoiler tags)?
Quote:
whereabout should Suzumiya Haruhi discussion be situated eventually? (Seeing as season 2 of Haruhi when it happens will tie to season 1...)
Do you mean where will this forum be situated? It will soon move to Older Series Discussion but that won't effect anything really. If / when a new series is announced it will move back into Current Series Discussion. Which is the usual route for any of the series spefic forums in AnimeSuki nowadays.
Old 2006-07-16, 09:18   Link #157
Woland
Latin Rascal

How about an Anime Saimoe Tournament 2006 thread, like the one in Mai-HiME/Otome subforum? (of course, this one Haruhi oriented )
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=33798

The main problem (the tournament it's still in the early stage so it's not too late, in my opinion) is that one or more volunteers are eventually needed for this.
Old 2006-07-17, 09:58   Link #158
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Quote:
Good point there (I'm not that familar with fanfics and the posting habits of such authors ). We'll see what Catgirls thinks of the idea
That sounds like a neat idea. I think having people post their fan-fic in the Fan Creation forum would be better than having long posts in one thread here, but having an Index of sorts here would help people better find fan-fic for this show (logically centralized). Even under Spoiler Tags, it still would be a pain to read. Hopefully most people will post their work on a fan-fic site (and link back here) that allows for proper formatting. I think it's a drag to read long fan-fic on a forum like this (IMO).

I suppose the only thing we'd have to really worry about is/are people advertising their fan-fic sites, but that wouldn't be too hard to spot.
Old 2006-07-17, 11:14   Link #159
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland]
How about an Anime Saimoe Tournament 2006 thread, like the one in Mai-HiME/Otome subforum? (of course, this one Haruhi oriented )
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=33798

The main problem (the tournament it's still in the early stage so it's not too late, in my opinion) is that one or more volunteers are eventually needed for this.
The problem I have with that thread (and I've been tempted to lock it) is that it's mostly in Japanese. I don't even fully understand what the "tournament" is about or how people advance in it. Care to explain the tournament a bit?
Old 2006-07-17, 15:28   Link #160
Woland
Latin Rascal

Oh well, probably I'm not the right person for this kind of explanation but I'll try

Basically this is a contest to decide the most moč (beloved sort of) female (I suppose, I didn't spotted any male subject so far ) anime character for the current year. So in many way It's a popularity contest.

Now we are in the first qualification turn. 18 list (for respective 18 turn) are been made from a total of more than 2000 characters. In each turn the most voted 8 characters pass directly to the final (the real tournament) while the others from 9 to 32 access to a second qualification turn. Of course all the remaining characters, below position 32, have to say... goodbye ^_^

Actually any user can vote for 8 character for each round (if someone care).

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu has some strong competitors: For what I have seen Suzumiya Haruhi has dominated her round, Mikuru seconded to Souseiseki, and even Asakura Ryoko surpassed Alicia from Aria for the first position (and currently Tsuruya is doubling... err Yurie Hitotsubashi from Kamichu! for the first position).

Of course I'm really sorry for the moon language -__-

And for a more clear explanation it's probably better to ask directly to ando.
Closed Thread