AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-05-14, 03:11   Link #41
Haladflire65
*Artist

Insane is best, like Franken Stein from Soul Eater. I like colder characters, like Hatake Kakashi from Naruto, or Roy Mustang from FMA. Because usually they're nice people underneath, and I really like that. Characters with some amount of complexity... Yeah.

Also I like people with a funny, silly side. Roy Mustang's the prime example of that.

Last edited by Haladflire65; 2009-05-16 at 01:21.
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 03:38   Link #42
M!rage
~Queen of evil~

bold, "dont care, stay outta my way" cold hearted personality - ex sasuke from naruto, hiro from gundam wing, seshomuru from inuyasha, vegeta from dbz

that is my fav. anime character
M!rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 04:17   Link #43
CrescentWind
Gone With The Wind

i like the smooth, go with the flow kind of guys and the happy,emotional, energetic girls
Clannad is a good explanation to what i mean.
CrescentWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 09:43   Link #44
patnam

Every Characters in School Rumble, all of them are funny and crazy...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 23:07   Link #45
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, for both sexes I have two favorite personality types (listed in no particular order):

Male Personalities:
1) Over-the-top characters like Kamina and Simon from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann that puch through all their troubles with fighting spirit and determination, and belief in what's right.
2) Calculating anti-hero types that often do the wrong things for the right reasons, or vice versa. Those who don't let anything stand in the way of their goals, even if it means people around them get hurt or are lied to. They often have powers to coerce those around them in some form. Characters that come to mind are Lelouch Lamperouge (Gode Geass) or Kazuma (Kaze no Stigma). This character type is rare, but is really complex and intriguing. I guess "insane" might also fit into this catagory, since Prof. Stein from Death Eater was also a favorite male character of mine.

Female Personalities:
1) Tsundere types. If done right, they can be both hilarious and charming, though if done wrong can be disastrous. A GOOD example of a quality tsundere character is Kaname Chidori (Full Metal Panic). She's tough and fiery, yet also has a sensitive side.
2) Um, not sure how to classify this type, but I suppose this is the "perfect housewife" personality. I feel sexist for saying it, but characters like Aoi (Ai Yori Aoshi) or Belldandy (Ah! My Goddess) are some of my favorites. Yeah, I know. I'm a cheuvanistic bastard.
Old 2009-05-14, 23:17   Link #46
Mauru

Frail emotionally or physically character is my favorite character type, only applies to female for me tough.
Mauru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 10:31   Link #47
Amray

My favourite personality type, notably regarding anime, is the smart, proud, cute, and silent type that occasionally reveal forms of insanity and great anger. Examples could be: Light Yagami, Suzaku Kururugi, Akira Kogami, Lelouch Lamperouge, Kagami Hiiragi, et cetera.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 18:00   Link #48
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Loli bitch or CSL as I like to call them. It's kind of like the Badass Lolita trope on TV Tropes, only they take it one step further by making awesome poses and belittling quotes to exaggerate their inherent superiority over whatever.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 00:29   Link #49
thegirl_in_thexsky
with a beautiful dream

I like the characters who have extremely tragic circumstances (Mizusu from AIR TV or Sakura from Hoshi wa Utau) and either try to stay happy or give into the sadness. I think I like watching them be 'saved'.
thegirl_in_thexsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 10:36   Link #50
Flash Gordon
I make anime funky

Send a message via AIM to Flash Gordon Send a message via MSN to Flash Gordon
For males:
- The cool-headed, smooth talking smoker who can nonchalantly kick ass with a donut in his mouth (i.e. Spike)
- Batou of Section 9. He is his own type of character, and I love him. "You don't even know your own name, you stupid dickhead!" still gets me every time.

For females:
- The unapproachable bitch (Throw a pickup line at her, and she'll probably kick your ass.)
- The tomboy/the athletic girl of the group.
- The girl (usually in glasses) that speaks in whispers.

Oh, and my favorite: The smartass little sister.

Last edited by Flash Gordon; 2009-05-19 at 11:04.
Flash Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 18:34   Link #51
GreatTeacherKen

It's hard to say, but I think I like what TVTropes calls Cloudcuckoolanders (characters who are spacy and have a bizarre way of looking at the world) the most. This would include characters like Osaka (azumanga daioh) and Fuko Ibuki (CLANNAD) I don't know, I guess I find space cadets inherently funny.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 18:45   Link #52
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Shuichi Shindo!!!!

Variations of that, The playful, bit of a dunce, rascal type character. Eiji(PoP), Dante( DMC), Azuma Kazuma(Yakitate Japan), Tamaki+Kaoru(Ouran)
Old 2009-05-19, 19:16   Link #53
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Non-evil yandere. Generally characters that get things done.
Old 2009-05-23, 08:35   Link #54
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

one word: Tsundere! X3
kirapika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 18:20   Link #55
Sasano

Well I dont think I can accurately call a type I like.Im a very loving person( I kid I kid) so I can like any kind of type/moe in my opinion.But my weakness seems to be on realistically flawed characters that just sends me to whole new level of admiration.And no being Incredibly cute is not a flaw in a character(like Taiga) or being scared of thunder...that just cute...I mean really messed up things that are inherently just human; Ami from Toradora for example liked because of this.

Ami, is spiteful,selfish,self-centered,fake,etc or in other words Human, thats why I loved this VERY neglected character.Not that I dont love the rest of the Toradora Cast, it was a very excellent anime overall.

But I tend to go with the Prideful and just "strong" personas ; Characters like Vegeta and Zaraki Kenpachi for males.

For girls I usually like independent,funny,shy-ish.I do like tsundere, and don't mind at all the loli like characters(like zaraki's vice or Taiga) but I had to say my favorite female character is Asuka from Evangelion.
Sasano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 21:46   Link #56
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

kyon, nuff said
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 12:33   Link #57
iWish
!{-=+Soul~=~Eater+=-}!

Send a message via AIM to iWish Send a message via MSN to iWish
I like characters that are bold too, like lucy from elfen lied. Shes really bold and tuff and at the same time shes got a soft heart for kouta
iWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 08:34   Link #58
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hotbloodedness.

Too bad people nowadays are starting to forget the existance of such a trait. This trait is a traditional trait for passion, determination and fighting spirit that the Japanese call 'Nekketsu' or translated as 'Hotbloodedness' in English. It is the core of the fighting spirit of Japanese warriors.

This trait never even got to the west, because the west didn't catch on well with mecha, tokusatsu and super sentai.

When people do watch mecha nowadays, they don't know what Super Robots and Hotbloodedness is. Even when people watch Sengoku Basara, they don't recognise the Hotbloodedness.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 08:48   Link #59
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Loli bitch or CSL as I like to call them. It's kind of like the Badass Lolita trope on TV Tropes, only they take it one step further by making awesome poses and belittling quotes to exaggerate their inherent superiority over whatever.
This.
Or girl that doesn't talk much, yet gets all thing done in the right manner.
Old 2009-05-25, 08:53   Link #60
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If its girls, I prefer Coodere over Yandere. And yes, this usually also means a girl who doesn't talk much but gets things done.

Coodere are the cool badass girls who don't talk too much, but they become deredere when they are hanging around someone they like.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote