AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-27, 18:20   Link #1
object11

Is One Piece for me?

I'm a big fan of Naruto and DBZ, and I've heard people say One Piece is a great series along the same lines; so I decided to check it out. I'm seven episodes in, and so far I'm not really into it. My question is: should I stick with One Piece and watch more episodes?

Naruto and DBZ both took a little while to get going, IMO, so I'm inclined to continue One Piece. I've heard that it has more of a focus on comdey, though, than Naruto or DBZ, which I'm not really interested in. I like the action and tension that those series have, but I haven't seen much of that in One Piece so far.

So is One Piece for me? Does it get a lot better, or are the first seven episodes a good indication of how the whole series goes? Also, any different recommendations along these lines in case I decide to move on?

Thanks.
Old 2004-04-27, 18:45   Link #2
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I remember watching One Piece. 7 episodes is around the clown pirates?

It gets better and better, the fights get more intense, the bad guys gets nastier. And the story get better. And alot alot more characters good and bad hasn't made apearance yet.

7 episodes is like the tip of the iceberg, you haven't seen anything yet. Just like Naruto. ^^
Old 2004-04-27, 18:51   Link #3
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
agreed, I was having second thoughts for the first 10 or so episodes as well, needless to say I am now at episode 92 and eagerly awaiting the next. If you liked dbz or naruto etc all with their drawn out battles (ie Dbz - though not as bad as 40 episode battles *yeesh*) but 3-5 episode long fights you'll enjoy this. The story gets better and better as new characters join the pirate crew and they search for the elusive one peice treasure. Nami's ordeal a little ways in is where the story really hooked me as it took a darker turn. all in all my friend I feel you will like it

Cheers
Old 2004-04-27, 19:05   Link #4
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by object11
I'm a big fan of Naruto and DBZ, and I've heard people say One Piece is a great series along the same lines; so I decided to check it out. I'm seven episodes in, and so far I'm not really into it. My question is: should I stick with One Piece and watch more episodes?

Naruto and DBZ both took a little while to get going, IMO, so I'm inclined to continue One Piece. I've heard that it has more of a focus on comdey, though, than Naruto or DBZ, which I'm not really interested in. I like the action and tension that those series have, but I haven't seen much of that in One Piece so far.

So is One Piece for me? Does it get a lot better, or are the first seven episodes a good indication of how the whole series goes? Also, any different recommendations along these lines in case I decide to move on?

Thanks.
You should really go to the One Piece Series Discussion forum. Personally, I really didn't get into OP till Zoro appeared. LOL....OP has become one of my top 5 favorite animes.

Last edited by Cammie; 2004-04-27 at 19:49.
Old 2004-04-27, 19:42   Link #5
wnkryo
HainShodan

One Piece is for every one.... ^_^

But for real though, according to your info., you are definetely a One Piece potential fan.

Last edited by wnkryo; 2004-04-27 at 20:01.
Old 2004-04-27, 19:56   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
You should really go to the One Piece Series Discussion forum. Personally, I really didn't get into OP till Zoro appeared. LOL....OP has become one of my top 5 favorite animes.
Zoro was already in the show before episode 7. He first appeared in episode 4.

Quote:

Thanks.
No. It isn't for you. I like One Piece a lot. I really do think that it is great, but honestly if the first 7 episodes haven't grabbed you, you are just wasting your time. As everyone else says, the show gets better and better as it goes on. On the other hand, you've already gotten the gist of it. No matter how good a show is, someone isn't going to like it. Apparently the person who doesn't like One Piece is you.

If you aren't interested yet, quit it. Everytime you've finished watching another episode, that's another 20 minutes of your life that you aren't getting back.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-27, 20:02   Link #7
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Zoro was already in the show before episode 7. He first appeared in episode 4.

No. It isn't for you. I like One Piece a lot. I really do think that it is great, but honestly if the first 7 episodes haven't grabbed you, you are just wasting your time. As everyone else says, the show gets better and better as it goes on. On the other hand, you've already gotten the gist of it. No matter how good a show is, someone isn't going to like it. Apparently the person who doesn't like One Piece is you.

If you aren't interested yet, quit it. Everytime you've finished watching another episode, that's another 20 minutes of your life that you aren't getting back.

Ah, you totally contradicted what I first said
Old 2004-04-28, 19:38   Link #8
otakunater

Quote:

Thanks.
yeah, one piece has a LOT more comedy, but it's true the fights will get so tense, I mean it's like ! bang bang bang... tense, but seriosly, I remember entering the series thinking it would all be comedy, and was very surprised when it wasn't, I think the first kinda intense battle was shorthly after they got ussop. see ya!
Old 2004-04-28, 21:36   Link #9
Sethi
StormRider

Well i don't want to repeat what all the other said but you really should continue it, because it truly gets better every passing episode in all aspects, especially the fights they get much more spectacular and brutal.
Old 2004-04-29, 20:09   Link #10
otakunater

yeah, I've been thinking about this and, correct me if I'm wrong (I'm only on ep. 50) but even though the battles are extremely tense, they are few and far between(hehe I sound old^_^) but I still think you should watch at least through the 3'd batch before you decide.
Closed Thread