AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-04-11, 17:30   Link #41
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Next week, Kabuto is actually Tobi!
LMAO Wonder how he'll pull that one off...:X
Old 2012-04-11, 18:29   Link #42
kevinwonpie1

Yep, some flashbacks of Kabutos end this fights going to reach the climax and end very soon... Unless kishi manages to stall for a few weeks by doing even more weird things or transformations.
kevinwonpie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 18:35   Link #43
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwonpie1 View Post
Yep, some flashbacks of Kabutos end this fights going to reach the climax and end very soon... Unless kishi manages to stall for a few weeks by doing even more weird things or transformations.
Kishi might switch to another fight next chap like he's done before, so it may be a while before Kabuto gets killed or runs away.

Sasuke still bleeds with amaterasu yet EMS gives eternal eyesight and you would think a bleeding eye would be going blind. I guess Kishi kept the bleeding since it is a unique thing with amaterasu but EMS amaterasu seems to make less veins in Sasuke's eye then MS amaterasu.

Izanami makes you lose eye sight and Itachi hasn't gone blind yet and I doubt his eyes could regenerate so quickly so Izanami seems to take a while to finish working like how izanagi could be kept active for a while.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-04-11 at 18:47.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 19:33   Link #44
Azure King
Snr Spammer

no wai.. flashback for katubo?.. RIP next chap
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 23:16   Link #45
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Considering you were one of the people complaining about the lack of back-story for Kabuto, I thought you'd be at least satisfied since you actually got what you asked for. Perhaps your post wasn't an actual sincere request, but simply complaining for the sake of complaining :/
yes, i was. but i also said that if kishi gave us a back story now it would be too late and it would be useless. if he had given us that back story several chapters ago, before this fight began, then maybe it would have been more interesting. i also thought that what kabuto revealed in the last chapter is enough at this point. i wasn't hoping for a flashback or a sob story at this point because i think it's too late. i just wanted to know what he wanted, what his goal was because he was pretty secretive about it. and the last chapter confirmed it for me. he wanted to avenge oro, surpass him, destroy konoha, etc. it wasn't much and i can't say i was happy with what i found out but it was enough for me. at least now i know what his motivations are.

giving us a sad back story now is like trying to gain sympathy for those who doesn't give a crap about kabuto. kishi could have revealed that hundreds of chapters ago. not now, not in this heated battle where you know he's about to die because he was finally given a flashback. kabuto was cloaked in mystery for far too long. kishi could have given us his sob story when oro died, then perhaps he could have gotten more sympathy from the readers. it reminds me of kubo's writing, he gives his villains flashbacks and sob stories right before they die. right now, i'm more interested in the fight and what itachi has to say to sasuke, not kabuto's past.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2012-04-11 at 23:45.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 23:43   Link #46
iBeast

Boring chapter. I don't care for his backstory. He has already served his purpose by bringing back the dead. Get rid of this freak already.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 23:54   Link #47
Xion Valkyrie

Orochimaru and Madara both seem like complete sociopaths, which is enough considering how major they were/are in terms of the story.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 01:36   Link #48
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

So all evil bastards are now aiming to become the sage of the six paths....
It's similar to Narutos aim to become Hokage
And if you ask me Naruto actually is the closest to becoming the sage of the six paths....
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 03:58   Link #49
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Kabuto getting a backstory is great, I dunno what all the bitching is about. He's been a major character for so long and we know so little about him. It certainly isn't over just yet, I'm sure it will continue for one more chapter.
Old 2012-04-12, 07:11   Link #50
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I for one like the Kabuto character. The lengths he goes to to become "somebody" are counterpart to Tobi's "I am no one, all I care about is the moon's eye plan, then everyone will become no one".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 08:49   Link #51
Lendial

the reason its so out of place is exactly because hes been around so long but is now only getting plot right before death.
Old 2012-04-12, 11:09   Link #52
Eragon
Still Alive

Considering that Kabuto got a back-story this late may mean that Kishi didn't plan on Kabuto becoming a central character. He was always on the sidelines when he was with Oro. If Kishi had planned on Kabuto taking from Oro then he should have given him more panel-time. I think that's why his power-up doesn't make much sense to me. And his back-story is permutation of the sympathy story Kishi has written for other pseudo-villains.
Moreover Kishi is making Kabuto look worse if he plans on making Kabuto's past his weakness.
Old 2012-04-12, 11:17   Link #53
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Kabuto getting a backstory is great, I dunno what all the bitching is about. He's been a major character for so long and we know so little about him. It certainly isn't over just yet, I'm sure it will continue for one more chapter.
I'm annoyed because...they're chatting so mich and being sentimental right in the middle of a battle, and both Itachi and Kabuto are coming off as a bunch of pussies. This fight is ruining their characters so much so sad. A simple "I was a spy for so long that I felt like nobody." felt sufficient enough to me, not this whole long lame backstory.
Old 2012-04-12, 11:29   Link #54
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Kabuto's backstory is long overdue. I enjoyed this chapter and I thought the glasses scene was adorable.

To all the haters out there: This is Naruto. Character exposition is what made this series what it is today. I have no desire for empty 'a la Bleach' characters, tyvm.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 12:58   Link #55
23 gundam fan

i got too say, after hearing all the time about how itachi is always saving sasuke. we finally have sasuke stepping up and saving itach for a change. i cant tell you how sick to death it made me that ppl were always going on and on about how great itachi is b/c of that. i mean i like itachi. but it is good to see that kish has pushed sasuke into a role of not needing to be saved. and to me the fact that itachi flat out said that he really messed up with his choices(esp sasuke i would think) that maybe we the fans can come down too earth about the god-level of praise we give him about everything he does. and i tend to agree with most of the fans that after the flashback, kabuto is dead meat now.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 15:39   Link #56
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
i got too say, after hearing all the time about how itachi is always saving sasuke. we finally have sasuke stepping up and saving itach for a change. i cant tell you how sick to death it made me that ppl were always going on and on about how great itachi is b/c of that. i mean i like itachi. but it is good to see that kish has pushed sasuke into a role of not needing to be saved. and to me the fact that itachi flat out said that he really messed up with his choices(esp sasuke i would think) that maybe we the fans can come down too earth about the god-level of praise we give him about everything he does. and i tend to agree with most of the fans that after the flashback, kabuto is dead meat now.

I'm not sure--Kabuto seems to have a lot of potential as a bad guy/Orochimaru 2.0. Though usually characters do die, tragically and epically post flash-back, I'm kind of hoping that Kabuto will stick around.

I mean, how much of a mind-fuck-no-jutsu would it be if, at the end of the war, Sasuke and Kabuto team up again? There's just not enough bad guys out there after 98% of the Akatsuki died; I don't think Kishi is going to kill off either Tobi/Madara or Kabuto post war (and of course, precious Sasuke-kun will be fine, too; otherwise, who will Naruto and Sakura pine after? T-T)
Old 2012-04-12, 18:19   Link #57
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
i got too say, after hearing all the time about how itachi is always saving sasuke. we finally have sasuke stepping up and saving itach for a change.
You might become angry if in the next chapter it is revealed that this was unnecessary since Izanami is already activated, so whatever happens is now under Itachi's control
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:38   Link #58
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Kabuto's past reminds me of the beginning of Tsukihime
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 04:48   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
I'm annoyed because...they're chatting so mich and being sentimental right in the middle of a battle, and both Itachi and Kabuto are coming off as a bunch of pussies. This fight is ruining their characters so much so sad. A simple "I was a spy for so long that I felt like nobody." felt sufficient enough to me, not this whole long lame backstory.
Well, this IS a shounen manga, right? This kind of flashbacks often happen even in the earlier chapters of Naruto (Neji’s flashback during chuunin tournament, for example). If you're annoyed by it, you must’ve been annoyed for a long time now.

Also, a little use of persuasion can’t be avoided when you’re facing somebody strong enough to kill/use you while you must not kill him no matter what. If that strong somebody gave you the chance to talk him out of things, it’d be better if you use the opportunity, right?
Old 2012-04-13, 08:22   Link #60
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Considering that Kabuto got a back-story this late may mean that Kishi didn't plan on Kabuto becoming a central character. He was always on the sidelines when he was with Oro. If Kishi had planned on Kabuto taking from Oro then he should have given him more panel-time. I think that's why his power-up doesn't make much sense to me. And his back-story is permutation of the sympathy story Kishi has written for other pseudo-villains.
Moreover Kishi is making Kabuto look worse if he plans on making Kabuto's past his weakness.
Kabuto may be suddenly be getting emotional and having flashbacks due to Izanami effecting his mind since its a jutsu that effects "you regardless of your five senses".

If Kishi had done a flashback of Kabuto being a spy and having to do things he hated it may explain better why Kabuto is this way but Kishi may do this flashback next chapter.

There will be many more flashbacks to come probably with Tobi when he takes his mask off but I got used to the flashbacks ages ago.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion