AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: AMG! Season 2 Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 10 34.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 27.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 17.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 17.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-03, 21:48   Link #21
TTHX

Wow...is it just me or did they make Keiichi's ears huge now?
Old 2006-05-03, 23:13   Link #22
saravis

Ahhh at last, finally saw it. I have to say this was very good, it felt like Ah My Goddess. I was laughing at quite a few parts. I give it a 9, it isn't one of the best episodes, but it's one that's moving things on the right track. Oh yeah and concerning the whole witnessing of the Goddesses' power, I have this to say: Everyone at the party was dead drunk, do you think anyone there is going to be taken seriously if they tell about what they say. Do you think even they will take themselves seriously and even if you remove that factor I'm sure it's not the first time they had to push the "Forget" button.
Old 2006-05-04, 01:46   Link #23
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
I find this post funny. You're 20, and you're expecting to suddenly be mature and more wise? There really isn't much difference between 16-20 in most cases. I'm 26, and I feel 20. I don't think you really have to worry till you reach your late 20's, before you realy see a change. You have far to go still my young padawan.
I think you misunderstood my post. I pretty much agree with you, as I basically said the same thing, but perhaps my words were a bit too condensed. But in addition to that message, there's another point I wanted to make. There is an apparent illusionary difference between the displayed age of 19 and 20. When one sees age 19, one tends to associate that age with "teenager", along with qualities of that age: immaturity, lacking knowledge...etc. Then I turned 20, and with 2 as the decade digit, one tends to relate that age with qualities of the twenties: with additional wisdom and experience. These statements are robust only when it is taken on average and in general, and of course there are always exceptions (I like to think I am one). But it's this age group association tendency that may have an effect on the impression of one's words. A 18 and a 19 years old expressing high discourse, and one might have about the same impression of both these people. But a 19 years old expressing high discourse compared to a 20 years old, the 19 years old somehow sounds more impressive, and certainly more so than a 30 years old. I do not know how susceptible other people are to this, if at all, but even though I know better, I certainly cannot deny I feel a slight tug of influence from one's age when I judge and evaluate the character of others. But I'm rambling again. Sorry for driving this thread off topic.
Old 2006-05-04, 03:16   Link #24
Altrisha

Whos Sora? Just asking a bit knowing im gonna get Episode 4 in a while...
Old 2006-05-04, 10:52   Link #25
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrisha
Whos Sora? Just asking a bit knowing im gonna get Episode 4 in a while...
Sora Hasegawa.. the girl with spectacles and keep complaining that her breasts are too small and everyone thought she's still in junior high
Old 2006-05-04, 12:50   Link #26
Altrisha

OOhhh!!! I know her... Ddnt know her first name though, thanx 4 the info! =)
Old 2006-05-04, 14:33   Link #27
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
She always is acting kind of miserable due to her kiddy
voice and small figure. No problem though.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-04, 22:08   Link #28
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Definately a very good episode. Right now its 2 and 2. Yea ill continue to treat the season like a baseball pitcers win/loss record

Loved the episode overall. Loved the KeiXBell relationship development. Sakoyo was also great. Mallar was hillarious and I like her new outfit because she looks female (i ddnt know she was a girl in AMG1). I have no complaints whatsoever.

Hmm I shouldve rated this episode a 10 instead of the Very Good rating I gave it. Oh well. Too late now.
Old 2006-05-05, 17:33   Link #29
Mandrake

I can't stop laughing about the belldandy marller incident. *cartoon whistle* *boing* XD
Old 2006-05-05, 21:47   Link #30
Furudanuki

I enjoyed this episode thoroughly. Rating wise, I'm stuck somewhere between an 8 and a 9. The artwork seemed a bit off in places and the continued public use of goddess powers bothers me a lot, but the scenes with Hasegawa and Marller were priceless.

However, I am very surprised that so far no one here has mentioned an important little something from episode 3 that was missing in this episode. Remember the ring? Belldandy is not wearing it.
Old 2006-05-06, 04:13   Link #31
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
However, I am very surprised that so far no one here has mentioned an important little something from episode 3 that was missing in this episode. Remember the ring? Belldandy is not wearing it.
You're right! Didn't notice it before, nice find. Maybe she's keeping it somewhere safe, or the animators forgot about the ring.
Old 2006-05-06, 11:06   Link #32
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muffin
You're right! Didn't notice it before, nice find. Maybe she's keeping it somewhere safe, or the animators forgot about the ring.
I think this is actually what happened here.
Old 2006-05-06, 14:37   Link #33
Free Voice

A slapstick episode

Well, I have to confess having laughed wholeheartedly at the incredible story in this episode. I would not say that I liked it much for its credibility (hey, who's that butler so relaxed holding a phone for Urd, while the latter is throwing fireballs around?), or for the way they resumed the "hand in hand" part.

However, it was a comical episode, which makes me think of Buster Keaton's movies...

Now, I finally understood why it took a bit longer to be online: the team of fansubbers found it necessary to karaoke the words of "Open your mind" and "Negai". Thanks for this episode as well, but that was not strictly necessary. I might have enjoyed just as much without karaoke. Was it really fair from the animators to gift Sayoko with such an horrible talent for singing? She sang false those two lines...

However, the quality of the animation was up to the level of episode 2...

Anybody noticed that the clothes of Mara (the demon) might be indicating an animation of the Queen Sayoko arc? She has the same type of trousers as in the manga part of that arc.

How many different teams of animation are drawing up Sorezore no tsubasa, and how many episodes do they produce in advance? I was wondering if that might explain the difference in the quality of episodes.
Old 2006-05-06, 15:59   Link #34
kaitou_strife
Dragon1st class unlimited

Send a message via Yahoo to kaitou_strife
It was a great episode i gived it a pefect 10. I laugh so hard at this episode it was one of the funiest in the entire collection.
PS: Sorry for my bad english
Old 2006-05-08, 09:45   Link #35
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
Hmmm,maybe i'm wrong,but they showed Bell's arm in the end and there was a ring...,not sure if it was Keichi's ring

Sorry for my English :d
Old 2006-05-08, 13:13   Link #36
keiji

I don't know what people are crying about regarding the ring. In the manga, it often switches from left hand to right hand and back, and sometimes dissapears altogether. It is an accessory that, you know, can be taken off.

You also have to remember that the artists are only human, and have been drawing the same things, day in, day out, for months on end. They're probably not as nitpicky about the story as we are.

It could also be, since I hear there is more than one team doing the animation in order to get episodes out on a weekly basis, that the team that was working on Episode 4 was not told that Episode 3 would involve the ring, and therfore started animation without it. By the time they might've found out, it could've been too late to go back and re-do every frame that included her hand.
Old 2006-05-08, 13:20   Link #37
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown
Hmmm,maybe i'm wrong,but they showed Bell's arm in the end and there was a ring...,not sure if it was Keichi's ring

Sorry for my English :d
Belldandy always has worn a plain gold band on both of her middle fingers. The ring you can see at the end of the episode - when Keiichi is supporting Belldandy after he uses the phone - is the gold band on her left middle finger. The ring that Keiichi gave her is a diamond solitaire, and he put it on her left ring finger. I do not know if this act would instantly imply "we're engaged" to a Japanese audience the way it would to most Western audiences. But even if the "engagement ring" is not a widespread custom in Japan itself, I'm willing to bet that a sizeable portion of the population there is familiar with the idea through exposure from imported movies and television shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji
I don't know what people are crying about regarding the ring. In the manga, it often switches from left hand to right hand and back, and sometimes dissapears altogether. It is an accessory that, you know, can be taken off.
Maybe so, but Keiichi getting that ring as a symbol of his feelings for Belldandy was the focus of episode 3. Therefore it seems odd that she would choose not to wear it in the very next episode.
Old 2006-05-08, 13:22   Link #38
kaitou_strife
Dragon1st class unlimited

Send a message via Yahoo to kaitou_strife
It's true its just one little ring there human to. I just cant wait the next episodes.
Old 2006-05-08, 14:29   Link #39
Js2756
Thread Killer

It's too bad that the animators are too lazy/forgot to keep the ring in, since Bell still wears it in the manga (although it has a habit of jumping from finger to finger and hand to hand).
Old 2006-05-08, 16:43   Link #40
saravis

Maybe the ring was too small or too big and they needed to get it resized. Or maybe the dog ate it.
Closed Thread