AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-12, 14:47   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Nagasarete Airantou

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Expected Release Date: April 2007

The series is based on a manga by Fujishiro Takeshi which is serialised in Monthly Shounen Gangan. What has me interested in the series is the synopsis, rather, the last line of the synopsis. The synopsis is taken from AniDB:
Ikuto Touhohin just had a fight with his old man, one that led him to make a rash decision to run away from home. He boards a ship, deciding to take a vacation, but the ship is suddenly hit by a huge storm - one that sends Ikuto overboard! When he regains consciousness, he realizes he is still alive… on some island. An isolated island. An isolated island with nothing but girls. Beautiful girls. Stranded on an island with only girls, no electricity, gas, radio, television… like he was back in the stone age.

Last edited by monir; 2007-01-30 at 11:58. Reason: updated website url
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 15:05   Link #2
NeoSam

And of course the covers of the available manga will be in this post.

The site for the anime is here: (will open on 22/11/2006)
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/airantou/

ながされて藍蘭島
Nagasarete Airantou

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the shounen manga magazine Shounen GanGan.
For now there are 9 volumes released of this manga.
here are the covers:

Volume 1 has a regular edition and a limited edition:

Volume 1:

Volume 1 limited edition:

Volume 2,3,4:

Volume 5 has a regular edition and a limited edition:

Volume 5:

Volume 5 limited edition:

Volume 6,7,8,9:

Other stuff:

Nagasarete Airantou novel:

Nagasarete Airantou perfect guidebook:

Nagasarete Airantou postcard book:

Info from Manganews:

Quote:
Touhouin Ikuto runs away from home at the age of 14 and jumps onboard a ship. He falls off into the ocean and drifts for 5 days until he is swept up in an storm. He wakes up on Airantou, an isolated island inhabited, coincidentally, by girls roughly his age who have never seen a boy before. After being thwarted in his atempt to escape by the fierce whirlpools that surround the island, he decides to accept his fate and remain. One boy to an island of girls? Let the fighting -- err, I mean fun, begin!
Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Romance

The manga is not licensed and its available from AT-Translations group.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-11-12 at 18:49.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 18:32   Link #3
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

One thing about Suzu in the manga is that her hair is canonically brown, but it's shown white (typically represents blonde) within the actual black and white story pages, so it always disorients me a little when I've constantly been seeing Suzu as blonde-ish, and then remember that she's actually a brunette.

But that said, the manga is daaaamn good. The plot and premise is an over-the-top take on a well-known cliche and it's all been comedy and fanservice (sooo much lovely fanservice ) for now, but the characters are what really makes the manga worthwhile, and they are all so lovable!
Old 2006-11-12, 18:37   Link #4
Thelastguardian

Well they are running out of series to animate, but this?....

(I've the manga series) Does this series even have a plot? I have 8 volumes of it, and the story is still going nowhere...

At least the characters are moe...Which is why I am still buying the manga...
Old 2006-11-22, 06:27   Link #5
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
At least the characters are moe...
Well, that is enough for me. Official site opened today as NeoSam said, and there is some scetches of the characters. Looks cute and fanservicy, and I don't expect nothing more.
First series on my winter season anime list.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 20:42   Link #6
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
One thing about Suzu in the manga is that her hair is canonically brown, but it's shown white (typically represents blonde) within the actual black and white story pages, so it always disorients me a little when I've constantly been seeing Suzu as blonde-ish, and then remember that she's actually a brunette.
Same here. I was totally expecting her to be a blonde, but oh well...

Is from the same guys that are animating OtoBoku, so the fanservice is going to be left intact (and hopefully enhanced ).

If people expect some plot in this one, they'll miss all the fun.

And Machi is mine!
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 01:52   Link #7
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Looking at what sparse material there is on the official site and I like what I see so far.

The character designs were pretty simple to begin with so the faces all look good. And I said the character designs were simple, and they're suited toward a cute comedy-oriented theme, but daaaaammmn, the girls of Nagasarete Airantou are somehow some of the sexiest I've seen in any manga. I seriously applaud the mangaka's skill, and it looks like the anime team's keeping true to this. (Suzu. )

And from the front page, looks like the characters are all "in-character" so far. (We all love you Ayane! )
Old 2006-11-23, 02:08   Link #8
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Does anyone have info about the cast? I would like to know what are they going to sound like. (Or is it too early yet )
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 08:01   Link #9
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
OMG...

we can see Machi-nee animated :O.

I wonder which anime has more nosebleed... This or Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge.

I agree with Shinova... At first I even thought that Suzu is blond. Even now i can only imagine her with blond hair ._.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 10:15   Link #10
Ravage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
OMG...

we can see Machi-nee animated :O.

I wonder which anime has more nosebleed... This or Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge.

I agree with Shinova... At first I even thought that Suzu is blond. Even now i can only imagine her with blond hair ._.
This series will clearly have more nosebleeds then most anime series put together .
I'm also having the 'hair problem' with Suzu, I can only think of her as a blond after the manga...
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 05:47   Link #11
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
Does anyone have info about the cast? I would like to know what are they going to sound like. (Or is it too early yet )
The official site was updated today, announcing the cast:

Suzu: Horie Yui (Drama CD: Horie Yui)
Machi: Takahashi Mikako (Asano Masumi)
Ayane: Chiba Saeko (Tamura Yukari)
Rin: Shiraishi Ryouko (Asakawa Yuu)
Chikage: Itou Shizuka (Nonaka Ai)
Yukino: Hasegawa Shizuka (Kugimiya Rie)
Ikuto: Shimono Hiro (Hoshi Souichirou)

Considering this is a Starchild production, I was surprised to see the cast changed from the Starchild incumbent line up of the drama CD, an improvement if I may say so.

Slated for 26 episodes, can't wait until spring.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 11:18   Link #12
Devastator

Almost half the staff were involved with Mahoraba. Kind of sad that Kugimiya Rie won't be participating. Mm... 26 episodes, I can't wait. :3
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 13:29   Link #13
martino
makes no files now

The characters look dead kawaii... This is a must watch for me!
Old 2006-12-18, 19:29   Link #14
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
super moe characters...and a pig with a cute nose...what more do you want!? *notes*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 03:07   Link #15
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

Considering this is a Starchild production, I was surprised to see the cast changed from the Starchild incumbent line up of the drama CD, an improvement if I may say so.

Horie Yui for Suzu. Very interesting.

And 26 episodes. Very plenty. I hope the studio does some great work with the series.
Old 2006-12-19, 09:37   Link #16
nadare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
This series will clearly have more nosebleeds then most anime series put together .
I'm also having the 'hair problem' with Suzu, I can only think of her as a blond after the manga...
Nah, I think yamato nadeshiko rivals this anime/manga in terms of nosebleeds. Sunako-chan nosebleeds like a whale blowing water there ._.
Old 2006-12-21, 00:46   Link #17
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Nah, I think yamato nadeshiko rivals this anime/manga in terms of nosebleeds. Sunako-chan nosebleeds like a whale blowing water there ._.
Didn't see Yamato Nadeshiko, but waterfall-like nosebleeds can also be found in earlier anime. That psycho, yuri maid from Guu, for instance.

Nagasarete Airantou has the most practical use for a nosebleed that I've seen so far, however.

Spoiler for manga:

Old 2006-12-22, 19:59   Link #18
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:

But that said, the manga is daaaamn good. The plot and premise is an over-the-top take on a well-known cliche and it's all been comedy and fanservice (sooo much lovely fanservice ) for now, but the characters are what really makes the manga worthwhile, and they are all so lovable!
Suzu's hair color throws me off too...I'm used to picturing her as blond in my head based on how she looks on all the black & white pages, but looks like the anime character designs have her as a brunette too (like all the color pages of the manga). Reading the first couple chapters I was thinking it was going to get old quickly, but the author's done a good job creating likeable characters and it's been consistently funny. Plus there's the potential for some serious drama down the road if Ikuto ever finds a way to leave the island and/or the girl from back home he had the crush on shows up (forget her name now...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

I'm glad to see it's getting a full 26 episodes, and Horie Yui as Suzu...aargh, I really can't wait for spring now too...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 21:15   Link #19
nadare

Quote:
Didn't see Yamato Nadeshiko, but waterfall-like nosebleeds can also be found in earlier anime. That psycho, yuri maid from Guu, for instance.

Nagasarete Airantou has the most practical use for a nosebleed that I've seen so far, however.

Spoiler for manga:

What volume is that spoiler? i havent read that part yet :O.
Old 2006-12-23, 16:14   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't see any indication this is actually going to go this January, either on the official site or on MoonPhase or Shoboi Calendar. Anybody know for sure?

I saw a combined event video for He is My Master and for the drama CD for this, a year ago or so, with a very shy-seeming Nonaka Ai and Kugimiya Rie, especially in contrast to the confident Asano Msumi, Shimizu Ai and Ueda Kana for the other show. The cast lineups for both the drama CD and the anime look great to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen