AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 26 34.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 46.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-17, 16:54   Link #101
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Problem with that is, that her name is 'Four' in Spanish ...
And what's the problem with that? And also, are you sure is spanish? I could be latin too, which would be concistent with the number system.
Old 2007-06-17, 16:55   Link #102
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
If that's the case, then does having no...'thingy' on their shoulder means higher than silver? Cause that seems to be the case, though it doesn't make sense
It all depends. If we go with the JSDF system, Silver means the Air Corps while Gold is the Ground Division, so....It's rather complicated

@Kazu-kun: Yes it's Spanish. While it could also be Latin, Spanish has Latin roots so it really shouldn't matter
Old 2007-06-17, 16:56   Link #103
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
And what's the problem with that? And also, are you sure is spanish? I could be latin too, which would be concistent with the number system.
What's latin for 'Four' then?
Old 2007-06-17, 16:57   Link #104
iamthebest22

Hmm I wonder if the bad girl teams are from those "girls in tubes" from Scargelliti's lab...
Old 2007-06-17, 16:59   Link #105
Kazu-kun

Quote:
What's latin for 'Four' then?
I believe is "quattuor" which in katakana would sound pretty much like "cuatro" (spanish).
Old 2007-06-17, 17:04   Link #106
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I believe is "quattuor" which in katakana would sound pretty much like "cuatro" (spanish).
Her name is officially Quatro, with 'sisters' Nove and Uno.

Anyway At that time, Ratler was wondering what is the roman 'V' doing on her 'neck'. It turn out to be 'IV' when I check it in episode 11, so everything is in order.
Old 2007-06-17, 17:08   Link #107
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
thanks for clarifying ^^
Old 2007-06-17, 17:13   Link #108
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Her name is officially Quatro, with 'sisters' Nove and Uno.
That settled it. They are pronounced in Italian (which, btw, doesn't sound the same way as latin).

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2007-06-17 at 17:23.
Old 2007-06-17, 17:15   Link #109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That settled it. They are pronounced in Italian (which, btw, it's doesn't sound the same as latin).
thanks for clarifying ^^
Old 2007-06-17, 17:15   Link #110
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
If that's the case, then does having no...'thingy' on their shoulder means higher than silver? Cause that seems to be the case, though it doesn't make sense
She doesn't have any because she's retired, I think.
Old 2007-06-17, 17:17   Link #111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Nah, she's still in the Force...

If anything, she got promoted Probably doing the same thing as Leti, though their uniform's still the same as it was 10 years ago...
Old 2007-06-17, 17:21   Link #112
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
It's not like military rank insignia ever really make much sense anyway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._rank_insignia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._rank_insignia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British..._rank_insignia

They're like some bizarre form of trinary counting, only occasionally skipping numbers or using colors instead of pips.

Also note that at least in the US, the gold color is a lower rank than the silver. I think it goes back to when silver was in crazy demand or something, but don't quote me on that.
Old 2007-06-17, 17:28   Link #113
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ah, the 'money' shot...

Spoiler for Episode 12:

Goes well with this too...

Spoiler for Episode 5:

...Who among us have the greatest sig-crafting skills?
Old 2007-06-17, 17:29   Link #114
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Cappery
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=143

Loved the ep personally, though I'd have liked a bit more of a fight out of the numbers. Also, a dictionary pointing out all their names. That's really the only complaint I had with it though, and really, given that Hayate, Vita, Rein, Nanoha and Fate were all tagteaming them... well... how much of a fight around you supposed to have there? :P
WHot?!!!

These caps don't have my ass...Where is my ass?!!!

I am liking this girl already...She reminds me of someone...

EDIT: Ahh I found it...
Old 2007-06-17, 17:32   Link #115
Dark Wing

Quote:
Lindy seems to have an incredible anti-aging cream XD
Oh yes the magic of anime.

and man so many new characters so many 4kamos. I can't with.

Signum's apprentice

Subaru: So you Signum's student, but how come we've never seen you until now?

Schach: Oh I was under going Sigum-sensai's special training.

Tea: Really what kind of training?

*Schach whispers in Tea's ear*

*Tea Blushes*

Schach: She's a really great sensai.
Old 2007-06-17, 17:33   Link #116
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The episode was cool.

I find it mildly funny how most of them seem to reek the "not-really-at-full-strength LAWL" vibes. Granted, they're probably not doing lame multiple rank limiting and Nanoha and co. are already pushing their limits...a bit, but it still cracks me up a little.

I'm enjoying the collaberation of the Numbers much more than I've thought. They seem to represent a more team-based support-modus style of differing styles and patterns. Can't wait for the rest of the Numbers to show their skills.

Number 3 looks a lot like Scagliette though...Hair...Eyes...Related? Then again, we can probably say the same for the Material Girl.

Relics doesn't seem to be THAT important to the Numbers.They seem to favor what Lutecia's personally looking for... Well, we can chock it up to the seemingly nice familial relationship between the Numbers, but who knows? Anyway, Scagliette's FASTTT falling down my "evil" list. Prove me right, please.

And even though he's no Graham, I can't seem to really dislike Regius. Sure, he looks like he's just trying to find faults within the RF6, and seems to give me more of that "kind of guy you always see in militaries" more than "the evil corrupt bastard." There's always a bunch of wingers in factions. Well, we'll see.

Next week, the current only known Elio-equivalent to the female-centric baddies reappear...in a flashback, and Materialoli too it seems.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-17, 17:48   Link #117
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthebest22 View Post
Hmm I wonder if the bad girl teams are from those "girls in tubes" from Scargelliti's lab...
Yep they are and Nightengale, I am placing 20 dollars the numbers will turn on their creator to hopefully live a normal life and 40 that they will not be "befriended" and instead fight to the last woman
Old 2007-06-17, 17:50   Link #118
CrazyPerson

Seeing as Lutecia's numbers and the relics having numbers, does anything think it's very likely that the number girls are actually personified relics? They both use the same latin numerals and I think it's too big of a coincidence to be anything else.

Actually... looking back on the containers in Ep6, I think that the girls are grown by Jail, but are empty shells that require something like souls. The relics could possibly be implanted in the number girls, bringing them to life with souls and magic powers.

The relics are souls of people that were sealed up, and Lutecia knew them before hand and are trying to free them now.

Welp, it's my crazy theory, what do you guys think?
Old 2007-06-17, 17:59   Link #119
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
Seeing as Lutecia's numbers and the relics having numbers, does anything think it's very likely that the number girls are actually personified relics? They both use the same latin numerals and I think it's too big of a coincidence to be anything else.

Actually... looking back on the containers in Ep6, I think that the girls are grown by Jail, but are empty shells that require something like souls. The relics could possibly be implanted in the number girls, bringing them to life with souls and magic powers.

The relics are souls of people that were sealed up, and Lutecia knew them before hand and are trying to free them now.

Hey, that's mine! Or something like that. Mine was something along the lines that Relics were crystallized magical energy or even crystallized mages or something, and that Scagliette's bringing them back to life by...implanting them, or reformating their structure.

Since the Drones were worked on the concept of implanting nano-JS inside machines, it wouldn't be surprising if it was just a basic concept for Numbers.

Naturally, there are minor issues. Fate didn't need any "soul-planting" for her to be her, and I'm not sure if they're implying that Jail's already got his hands on quite a number of Relics...

And don't you mean Jail's trying to free them? Lutecia only cares for ONE relic. Selfish, much?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-17, 18:01   Link #120
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post

Goes well with your namesake

But don't mention the word 'soul' around these people, they'll go bananas over it! I tried that and the result wasn't good for the heart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Next week, the current only known Elio-equivalent to the female-centric baddies reappear...in a flashback, and Materialoli too it seems.
Wait, what, huh?
Closed Thread