AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 15:54   Link #161
X2007

Spoiler for SD:
Old 2007-09-27, 15:58   Link #162
ipernorris

A fetus isn't a person guys...
It doesn't count as an homicide.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:00   Link #163
hcl4

Strange but doesn't the Japanese version of RE4(BH4) have no decapitations? I guess this "no decapitations" rule they have in Japan only applies to games and not other media like anime.

As for the anime I don't even know if I would want to watch the full uncensored version upon hearing whats in there.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:01   Link #164
Rembr

Let's shift the focus back a bit.

Makoto, when he dies, utters Sekai's name with his hand on her stomach.

Sign of regret? Finally coming to terms with the fact that he does have a child?

Pregnancy bit is still ambiguous but... Meh, I think she was.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:02   Link #165
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
if you live in the US. It depends on what state and tri-mester and who is proscuting and his/her polictical/religious affilations is. Also depends on if the Proscuter is looking to get a life sentence or Death sentence.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:04   Link #166
changeup

Well, it all depends on where you live. I think over here people consider every fertilized egg a human being...... (this can be a little bit extreme)

To me, I would say 6-month fetus is absolutely human being, since they could survive even they were delivered then. But I am not sure where the earlier limit should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Old 2007-09-27, 16:05   Link #167
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Impossible. For the sake of the argument lets say she definetly was pregnant, there's no way a baby that early in its development would even make any noise.
Haha, yeah I know, there was supposed to be at the end of my post indicating I was joking. But when he mentioned noises and the baby I did initially think of baby noises regardless of how biologically impossible I knew it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post

Sign of regret? Finally coming to terms with the fact that he does have a child?

He knows he's gonna die, so he wants his seed to live on to carry on Tomaru's evil genes ?

EDIT: Ok, that didn't make much sense since Tomaru's genes are in nearly everyone in the 0verflow world..

Last edited by Chewy; 2007-09-27 at 16:15.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:06   Link #168
changeup

I think yeah, this is the case. In the game ending "to my child", Makoto also regreted. In the TV ending it is too ambiguous. However I would believe so.

Makoto, after all and above all, was not a demon. He just let his libido get the best of him......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post

Old 2007-09-27, 16:06   Link #169
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
About the "nice boat" it could very well be the reverse of what people are suggesting. They may have chose that show exactly since it had a cruise ship in it serving as a clue that someone will be sailing into the sunset.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:09   Link #170
changeup

It is pretty possible that Kanagawa TV station chose that scene out of this reason.

This being said, there had been nice castles, nice mountains, nice lakes, nice fields, nice bulls and nice farmers in that scene. Why people only remember the "nice boat"? A little weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
About the "nice boat" it could very well be the reverse of what people are suggesting. They may have chose that show exactly since it had a cruise ship in it serving as a clue that someone will be sailing into the sunset.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:09   Link #171
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
I think yeah, this is the case. In the game ending "to my child", Makoto also regreted. In the TV ending it is too ambiguous. However I would believe so.

Makoto, after all and above all, was not a demon. He just let his libido get the best of him......
the thing is Makoto is very very different from the game.
In the game, it is "kinda" possible for him to care about the baby, as the guy has basically feelings.
The issue is that makoto is more affected by a inexistent will, and then his undecisiveness.

while the anime, it is rather lack of common sense/consciousness and high libido.
Thus, his "regret" for the baby is kinda OOC for the anime, imo.

Meh, we nearly had swimming lesson...
Old 2007-09-27, 16:12   Link #172
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
In the game, it is "kinda" possible for him to care about the baby, as the guy has basically feelings.
The issue is that makoto is more affected by a inexistent will, and then his undecisiveness.

while the anime, it is rather lack of common sense/consciousness and high libido.

Yeah, I don't remember Makoto ever hinting at anything close to an abortion in the game. He actually cared about the fact Sekai was pregnant.

Overall, anime Makoto was a lot more heartless than game Makoto.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:13   Link #173
changeup

According to Otome's comments and Setsuna's memory, Makoto, at least, used to be a caring and kind guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

Old 2007-09-27, 16:15   Link #174
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
The 25-minute long scenery show barely had a minute of that boat scene, and it was 4 minute into the show. Plus how the meme formed around the boat is also random - the originator could've easily have said "Nice castle." or something.

This is all just a coincidence.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:16   Link #175
Vash002
Ready to Boast

I gotta say about this...

Damn, where's the "Just as planned" image when i need it?
The end was disturbing, with that nice boat and head...
Old 2007-09-27, 16:18   Link #176
Hypernova

Quote:
It is pretty possible that Kanagawa TV station chose that scene out of this reason.

This being said, there had been nice castles, nice mountains, nice lakes, nice fields, nice bulls and nice farmers in that scene. Why people only remember the "nice boat"? A little weird...
I wouldn't be surprised if the very original "nice boat" comment was a plant by the producers to serve as a quote and to generate meme for additional hype.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:18   Link #177
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
According to Otome's comments and Setsuna's memory, Makoto, at least, used to be a caring and kind guy...
Yes correct, this is basically the reason why both girls have a crush on him, either in the anime and in the game.

But considering the new media, it appears the scripters just wanted to give a more twisted vision of it.

The only redeemable qualities of Makoto in the game was probably his "kindness" (as he can be absurdely concerned for nothing sometimes), and inability to say "no" . The later obviously turn into one of his most dreadful default: an inexistent force of will. (*cough* lounge scene with kotonoha *cough* )
In general, Makoto isn't that bad in the game (he is still a very top grade moron though, deserving death ), but his undeciveness, his "will" and various plot devices (namely situation which are forced to the player) lead to the infamous mess in the game.

if we remove this part, we got the "beast", having nearly every defaults to command a trainwreck.

While it was a "bit" logic that some girls would have a crush on him (though there are various plot holes (who said hikari path!?)), it is completely surrealist in the anime.
Old 2007-09-27, 16:19   Link #178
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

black blood? Sheesh...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-27, 16:20   Link #179
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I love at the ending when we see several of the support characters going about their daily routine at school like nothing happend. Point is? There is life after School days life goes on and straight to CLANNED god i cant wait

Thank god for Lovecom or i would have gone nuts
Old 2007-09-27, 16:20   Link #180
Hypernova

Boy the chinese subbers are hard working. Watching the sub at this moment.
Closed Thread