AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-22, 19:00   Link #1
InitialGT

Anime with highest quality animation

hello,
i'd like some suggestions on some new animes with good animation

here are some animes that i thought had high quality animation

air
cowboy bebop
fma tsr
initial d stage 4
samurai champloo

i enjoy all genres except i tend to stay away from mecha
Old 2005-12-22, 19:17   Link #2
jedinat

Just my opinion, but I like the animation on all these anime:
Black Cat
Furi Kuri
Haibane Renmei
Hellsing
Kamichu!
Mushishi
Paradise Kiss
Trigun
Old 2005-12-22, 23:38   Link #3
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
AIR, Wolf's Rain and FMP 2nd Raid (go Kyoto ani!!!) Munto 2 as well
Old 2005-12-23, 03:20   Link #4
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Noir
Last Exile
Tsubasa
Azumanga Daioh
KGNE?
Blood+
Old 2005-12-23, 03:35   Link #5
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Elfen Lied is a top notch for animation.

Then School Rumble, Uta-Kata.

Also, check out the Studio Ghibli Movies, such as Nausicaa, Laputa, Totoro, Spirited Away, Mononoke Hime, which for animations really shine by themselves (and plus they have great plot too)
Old 2005-12-23, 03:53   Link #6
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Berserk im sure they said they spent alot of money on the season they animated like twice as much as regular ones im not sure..
Old 2005-12-23, 04:13   Link #7
Copy Ninja Kakashi

gunslinger girl and gits sac have high quality animation
Old 2005-12-23, 10:06   Link #8
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Makoto Shinkai works like Hoshi no Koe and Beyond the Clouds ~Ano Kumo no Yakusoku bashou e~ has some of the most breathtaking animation sequences. Each scene is simply put, like a lifelike painting. The way he portrays shadows, colors, lighting and angle is just artistically amazing. You'll have to watch it to actually appreciate it.

Macross Zero. There really isn't much explanation needed for this popular OVA. Stunning mecha battles and animated sequences, plus the story isn't half bad to boot~

Wind ~ A Breath of Heart ~ is a great series based of a visual novel (interesting note: Shinkai did the OP for the game ^^) Superb animation for a short series, it really captures the athmosphere with it's soft colors and well blended CG backgrounds. It's a step above from most ren'ai anime series.
Old 2005-12-23, 12:42   Link #9
Paper Lilies

Send a message via AIM to Paper Lilies
Paranoia Agent. It had some very nice animation, and I believe, I could be wrong, that it just started replaying on AS.
Old 2005-12-23, 21:11   Link #10
animehacker

There is Rozen Maiden 1 & 2 and maybe Futakoi Alternative
Old 2005-12-24, 21:47   Link #11
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Samurai 7- amazing CG work, esp with the mech battles.

Le Portrait de Petite Cossette- some of those scenes were drawn like paintings.

The Count of Monte Cristo- esp. the clothing effects.

I second Hoshi no Koe and Beyond the Clouds. Nothing beats his blue sky!
Old 2005-12-24, 21:53   Link #12
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Gungrave
kimi ga nozomu Eien
Mushishi
Blood+
Old 2005-12-24, 23:16   Link #13
wao
OK.

Planetes would be a good one. Eureka 7 also has absolutely excellent animation. Some of the animators on Cowboy bebop have worked on Planetes, and many of them are in Eureka 7 (both are Bones works).
Paranoia Agent has excellent animation for TV as well.
Another possible one is Emma - alright, maybe not so, but it has amazing animation considering the historical detail and intricate background art (hard to find shows with both it seems).
You'd also probably want to watch Arjuna, it has a fair amount of 3D but it's also got some excellent 2D animation.
Kamichu! has of course endlessly surprised people by its extraordinarily high level of animation quality - it's great animation, coupled with great backgrounds and music and so on, and it's only a 12 ep series based on a not-so-well-known concept, so either they magicked up some money or they've done an extraordinary job on a low budget. In fact, it's so well animated that it won one of te Animation Excellence Prizes at the recent 9th Japanese Media Arts festival (the rest of the prizewinners were independant films.)
I've heard that Basilisk has good animation.
I'd say that Noein has excellent animation for an original show airing on minor stations, or even for most tv shows this day. Except that you'll see the designs vary quite wildly... it's the studio's policy to not care about such things apparently. And it is on a small budget I guess, so sometimes you get rathermeh animation (still, it's not as static as most shows for sure) But there is some excellent movement in the show, most certainly.
Mushishi has got some very smart use of animation: since it's too expensive to get a lot of good animators and have good animation throughout, they've restricted the movement somewhat (which actually fits the movement of the show), but what there is is very smooth and detailed. It gives a very special sort of feeling.

These are of course all tv series... you'll find that most mainstream ovas (i.e. excluding ero-ovas and one-off ones) have better animation than tv and almost all movies usually have better animation (duh).
Old 2005-12-25, 01:20   Link #14
stretch87
Anime Addict

As Kakashi mentioned, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex has amazing animation. seriously, check this series out. It will not dissapoint you.
Old 2005-12-28, 12:24   Link #15
mit7059

Last Exile, best animation I think i have ever seen outside of a movie.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2005-12-28, 23:46   Link #16
mit7059

OMG just watched FFVII Advent Children that was the best animation I have seen ever!

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2005-12-30, 03:24   Link #17
domino
デレデレ

I really liked the animation in Loveless and Eureka 7, in addition to a lot of other shows already mentioned....

Gankutsuou and Honey and Clover were also beautiful to watch, but it was more of atmospheric animation quality instead of "lots of motion running around and stabbing stuff" animation quality.
Old 2006-01-01, 17:45   Link #18
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Anything by BONES.
Old 2006-01-01, 18:59   Link #19
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Makoto Shinkai works like Hoshi no Koe and Beyond the Clouds ~Ano Kumo no Yakusoku bashou e~ has some of the most breathtaking animation sequences. Each scene is simply put, like a lifelike painting. The way he portrays shadows, colors, lighting and angle is just artistically amazing. You'll have to watch it to actually appreciate it.
Great Suggestion, and I agree with it 100% Nearly every scene you could take a Screenshot of and used it as a wallpaper. The Show isn't some action pack show like Shamploo, But towards the end the action is Breath-taking. even even if you dont really understand the whole story It a Great Watch.
Old 2006-01-03, 00:29   Link #20
Mousuke

OMG, I can't believe nobody recomended Bleach! WATCH BLEACH!! If you liked the drawing style of Samurai Champloo, you'll love Bleach. It's not a cutesy/moe style--it's got hard edges and an all around edgy feel to it. I must warn you, the first 15/16 episodes are just set up, introducing the characters and blah blah blah, but once you get to #16/17 the series takes off and you won't regret it. Great characters, great action, great fights, great music, great animation, great story, great humor, great everything. WATCH IT NOW!!!
Closed Thread