Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-01-25, 19:59   Link #601
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ Don't worry, you're not alone

One of the reasons I loved Asia, was how she was able to present herself, because of a certain priest's actions... anyway IRL priests have done and still do far worse
True, RL priests are worse... but it would've been better for Asia, because they only go after little boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Say, I know I haven't been active much, but did you fellows miss my swimsuit Akeno?
Spoiler for Where's my swimsuit episode? nsfw:

Want a swimsuit ep Eh, maybe it's just me... this week felt kinda calm. Maybe I'm not used to calm weather.... my mind is always a freaking hurricane tornado
Oh yes, a swimsuit ep with those swimsuits would be great
But we still need Asia, Yuuma and Koneko wearing similar swimsuits!
Old 2012-01-25, 22:06   Link #602
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...I can't come in this thread without leaving with some bloodloss... Damn you, mangatron *shakes fist*

...Aneko...

P.S. So where are the pics of them in their lingerie... 0.0
Old 2012-01-26, 07:35   Link #603
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Can't wait to see episode 4 cause I've been following the manga version.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 09:27   Link #604
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ugh, I hate the type of "swimsuit" Rias is wearing in that pic. Not that it matters much in this case since she'll undoubtedly end up naked sooner rather than later. Akeno better take that swimsuit off too!
I wouldn't even call that a swimsuit to me it's just two strings, and honestly,.......I don't (scientifically) like it What I mean is, when the girl is standing straight, sure, that "swimsuit" looks fine, but what happens when she bends over, the tightness of that "swimsuit" would loosen and her boobies are definitely going to pop out! I DON'T WANT ANYONE LOOKING AT MY WAIFU'S NIPPLES

So I say give her a halter top, not only does it emphasize her big ones, but she'll look real good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
as long as there are no booby-lasers involved...
How could that possibly happen?

Quote:
Calmness is a virtue -- or not?
I'm.... a person who must always keep his brain functioning 110%. I feel helpless if I "calm down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
P.S. So where are the pics of them in their lingerie... 0.0
They are somewhat here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Can't wait to see episode 4 cause I've been following the manga version.
Can't wait eh? Well, this episode 04 preview is my fault
Spoiler for Episode 04, slightly nsfw:
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 09:55   Link #605
zzhk
Summary Machine

Unfortunately Akeno doesn't truly step up the seduction until the obligatory swimsuit and hot spring scenarios which probably won't appear this season.
I can assure you Season Two will be glorious (will it come? It must come!).

Of course, you can always pray that the anime gets creative in this regard.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 10:32   Link #606
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I wouldn't even call that a swimsuit to me it's just two strings, and honestly,.......I don't (scientifically) like it What I mean is, when the girl is standing straight, sure, that "swimsuit" looks fine, but what happens when she bends over, the tightness of that "swimsuit" would loosen and her boobies are definitely going to pop out! I DON'T WANT ANYONE LOOKING AT MY WAIFU'S NIPPLES
I'm afraid it's waaaaayyy too late to start worrying about that

She doesn't even mind showing them, anyway. At least not to her servant, which I would gladly be.
Old 2012-01-26, 10:52   Link #607
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Of course, you can always pray that the anime gets creative in this regard.

They better have at least one of those DVD specials all for her, I would be seriously displeased if we aren't treated to any real evidence of how Akeno is the #2 in the academy

I mean come on! How can the second hottest girl in school not get a single undressing or shower scene?

Quote:
Oh.... dragged me back to reality, eh?

Quote:
She doesn't even mind showing them, anyway. At least not to her servant, which I would gladly be.
lol.... Forget all that talk about pawn promotion, if I was Rias' servant, I would so be the worst loser pawn and keep losing battles to the point I'm near death just so that Rias can naked-hug me to heal me Sure, I may lose a lot of battles, but at least it feels good *hides*
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 12:28   Link #608
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

........Think of Nadeko man....
Old 2012-01-26, 15:17   Link #609
Mentar
Banned

mangatron: Do you know trading card games?

I think it's clear that Akeno's nude shots are going to be rares ... so treasure them more than the commons and uncommons we're getting from Rias!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 15:38   Link #610
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

One day.... at least some random day.... Somewhere in this world, girls will be born and will have the same personality as the beautiful ladies in Highschool DxD.... I shall take them all!!

^^ What the heck am I saying? It doesn't make any sense. Sorry, didn't know what to put and kinda had a bad day.
Old 2012-01-26, 22:52   Link #611
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...damn floating censors... ><

...Well, they're better than a damn BAT being in the way... *eyes Rosario*

Rias and Akeno - those bodies do NOT belong on highschool girls...*sigh*

To be Harem King, should have a world-wide event for that. Win it and you'll own 1,000 harems for a full year. ...
Old 2012-01-27, 00:10   Link #612
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron
Oh.... that's why she never takes a shower. As an electric user, it's suicide, right? MY HOPES OF A BEACH EPISODE IS NOW RUINED (oh I'm sure a little water won't hurt her
Uh? No. An electric catfish or eel can swim. Misaka Mikoto went on a beach in the LN. Being an EUser doesn't mean she doesn't bathe.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 01:10   Link #613
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Uh? No. An electric catfish or eel can swim. Misaka Mikoto went on a beach in the LN. Being an EUser doesn't mean she doesn't bathe.
Have you forgotten those delicious shower scenes she shares with Kuroko-chan already, Galvatron? Oh can't blame you, Kuroko-chan is much sexier, no wonder we'd all focus on and remember her instead. Huhuhhwahahahahaha.
Old 2012-01-27, 01:16   Link #614
zzhk
Summary Machine

Episode 4 has some unexpected anime original material, but looks like mangatron's prayers have been answered.

Akeno gets a "stylish" transformation scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
mangatron is just trying to comfort himself by rationalizing why his dreams failed to materialize so far.
Anyway, moot point, his worries should be dispelled by Episode 4.

Last edited by zzhk; 2012-01-27 at 01:27.
Old 2012-01-27, 01:34   Link #615
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Caption in the ep says that the OP single is out in Jan but Jan when? is it out?
Old 2012-01-27, 01:34   Link #616
zzhk
Summary Machine

The High School DxD OP single actually came out on January 25th already.
Old 2012-01-27, 01:37   Link #617
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Caption in the ep says that the OP single is out in Jan but Jan when? is it out?
Yeah its out. It came out in the 25th.
Old 2012-01-27, 01:59   Link #618
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

When will the ED be released? I really need to download the songs and add them to my "collection"
Old 2012-01-27, 02:02   Link #619
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Having found myself with some free time to burn I decided to give this a try, and I must admit, I found it quite watchable, despite my expectations to the contrary. A blatant fanservice show it might be, but the overall presentation seems to carry a certain sense of style (for the most part ... the spider-boob-thing they fought in episode 3 was simply on a whole new level of stupid), the characters and their interactions are generally fun to watch, and the plot is just interesting enough to keep it all together on its own, which is more than you can say about many of the fanservice shows.

Character wise, the main attraction for me is Rias by a long shot - it's nice for a change to have a female lead who doesn't mind being caught showing some (ok ... lots) skin, but rather remains completely cool with it. Indeed, I like how she comes off with ample amounts of style, confidence, composure and dignity ... even while sitting stark naked on Issei's bed

As for Issei ... meh, could be better, could be worse I suppose. While the whole overreaction gig can be fun in some dosages, I do hope we reach a point where every other thing doesn't cause him to react with all the composure of a grade schooler. Yes, yes, you haven't seen a female from a closer distance than two meters before, we get it, now calm down and get used to it , they aren't going anywhere.

I suppose he's not entirely hopeless though, if we ever get something approaching actual romance within the show ... something that I doubt very much, but heh, one can always hope. For all his usual antics, he managed to take Yuuma on a fairly normal date, so I'd like to think he is capable of reigning in his desire to mess around if an actually serious prospect is on the table. Though "messing around" is the more likely thing we will get, probably.

Surprisingly enough, the action segments are actually the worst part of the show, and by a fairly large margin. The fight with the spider-boob-thing was totally facepalm worthy (of the bad kind), and fighting in general has no flow to it and happens with all the urgency of turn-by-turn combat. Which is to say, not much. Indeed, if the samples of action we have gotten so far are an indication of what's to come, I hope it (the action) will be kept to a minimum, because it, more so than anything else, sticks through like a sore point. Simply watching these characters sit around in the occult club and interact leaves a much better aftertaste than watching them fight.

So ... yeah. A surprisingly watchable series overall, and I found Rias to be a surprisingly good character. Action aside, the show has a certain sense of stylishness to it, so I'm expecting to stick with it.
Old 2012-01-27, 02:10   Link #620
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Oppai lasers are putting off though.....that's just pushing it....

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen