AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-02, 04:19   Link #7141
brocko

^ They probably made the missions before finalising the sentries into the multiplayer and couldn't be bother to incorporate them into the single player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Blahblahblah the technology to make them is lost.

That's how they justify the loss of Corsairs, Reavers and Imbagoons, because the blueprints to them are lost and destroyed in Aiur.
So much for the Khala if important stuff like that is able to get lost. Aren't they all suppose to be link to one another?
You know for such an advance race, some of the Protoss units were pretty damn idiot in BW. Take a look at the Goons and Reaver scarabs lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 05:36   Link #7142
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
GSTL Inori vs Curious.

HAY Guys I'm just gonna sit here and do nothing, letting Zerg have Brood Lords and massive economies.

Now I'm gonna pretend he wasn't going hive and build void rays at the last second. That never works you know.

Fortunately Zerg throws away the infestors for no good reason.

Derp. No econ is still lose

Also, why the fuck do people always turn every one of their corruptors into a Brood Lord? I remember people doing that shit with guardians back then. Because nobody cares about antiair apparently.

P still thinks his 5 units is gonna do stuff. Should GTFO.

Korean Pro or Random Bronze noob? You decide.
4/10

Choya vs Curious

Protoss attempts to take shortcuts and gets his early nexus cancelled. He does come back with a surprise DT attack, however you don't just decide to get DTs for no reason. It's a big investment and you need to not fuck up-- and focus on micro. So 3 dts arrive to see a bunch of drones, no defenders and a spore crawler.

Now, usually you'll do one of the following:
1.) Kill drones or at least force them to leave
2.) Kill the spore and try to kill the hatchery
3.) Some combination of the above.

However...

He just keeps slicing at the hatchery while ignoring the spore even as roaches arrive... The dts were all wasted. He teched to DTs for no god damned reason.

So anyhow typical Zerg run over and P tries to push with Z making a counter attack. P does get his ass kicked as expected but with some good blink stalker micro, he does manage to waste our time for 10 more minutes. It was kinda fun to look at though.

And for the love of fuck, could you bastards stop suicide warp in zealots to harass an expo guarded by crawlers? What's the point if the zealots get pwned before they do shit?
5/10

ASD vs Curious

Uninspired name Terran for uninspired tvz? Well, ASD tries a nasty 2 factory with reactors in them to spam out helions. 12 helions head towards a zerg base with only 3 queens and a crawler to stop them. It looks like it's almost over but banelings manage to trap and destroy all the helions.

With this major messed up rush, Terran tries to get map control with helions. But wtf is with the shitty helion micro? I think he's just better just not building the.

Harassment ensues, and Terran makes absolutely no effort to run scvs away. Depots are shitty walls for a natural expo. (use barracks!)

Anyhow Terran has thrown away too many things but Terran has a big army. Wait, too many tanks and nary a medivac, stims have wrecked all the marines health. Banelings come in and zerg doesn't even needed infestors to shit all over the terran.

Anyhow, excellent defense and harass by Curious, but meh...

6/10

FOU all kill. Congratulations for Curious, I guess...

Thanks for wasting my time.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-09-02 at 06:46.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 12:52   Link #7143
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

After GSTL from the night before I decided to wake up early to watch today's, I was very disappointed.

Game 1 bomber, being the S class player, played poorly (and he made the GSTL worth looking forward to). His banshees could have ended the game, then his drop could have done a ton more damage, then threw away a banshee for nothing and lol... he wouldn't have lost if he had tanks sieged in his main, or went after the baneling nest in the natural during base trade (what else can z do vs marine tank after losing spire??).

GSTL lives up to its name of being all-kill central. Teams do not seem to be taking it seriously anymore, using it as a training ground for team B'ers/just trying to get it over with.

On other news, with Puzzle seemingly joining Slayers as well, Slayers seem to be eating Zenex alive. They went from a GSTL beast with barely anyone in GSL to a poor team in GSTL but does very well in GSL (partially thankful to their T heavy lineup).

I am starting to become tired of seeing TvX. More Z and P pls.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 15:04   Link #7144
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
Lol when Tastosis is not there to hype Clide he "all kill" MVP Team
The possibility - or even likelihood - of the "all kill" really really turns me off from "GSTL"... 'cause... that really takes the "team" aspect out of it.

At the very least, they eventually need to get 2v2s on the "big stage".
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 15:20   Link #7145
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
The possibility - or even likelihood - of the "all kill" really really turns me off from "GSTL"... 'cause... that really takes the "team" aspect out of it.

At the very least, they eventually need to get 2v2s on the "big stage".
Maybe we'll see a proper 2vs2 matches in the future if they make maps suitable for it so players don't rush 2six pools vs 1 player or something like that. And 3vs3 or 4vs4 will not happen... i think ....since those type of games are so volatile.
Btw i just saw Fenix games and they were pretty good his micro/macro has really improved and all of his matches were enjoyable.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 15:24   Link #7146
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Sadly, team games are trash compared to 1v1 both in terms of skill and interest (spectator interest, I mean). There's just too much rush, or barring that, massive blobs colliding.

It would be a nice novelty, but in general it'll become much more formulat than 1v1 very quickly.

Also, whoever the fuck is controlling the camera can't even keep with 2 players at times, what makes you think they'll be able with 4?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-02, 17:48   Link #7147
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
http://www.mediafire.com/?dz5q1zxj8h2ksc2

Utter Darkness Brutal save after 2500. It feels harder for w/e reason. :S
Thanks for trying but yeah it didn't work and my old game is telling me incompatible version so it keeps making me go offline, stupid thing.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 19:01   Link #7148
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Worst case use cheat engine to hack in 50k extra minerals and 50k extra gas. With 20 gateways, 10 robos, 10 stargates constantly making stuff with 3/3/3 upgrades it can't be all that challenging....
Old 2011-09-02, 19:37   Link #7149
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Thanks for trying but yeah it didn't work and my old game is telling me incompatible version so it keeps making me go offline, stupid thing.
Wait, so it just doesn't give you credit? What happens after the game ends?

This is pretty stupid if your old files can't be played for achievements every time there's a new patch.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-02, 19:44   Link #7150
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Wait, so it just doesn't give you credit? What happens after the game ends?

This is pretty stupid if your old files can't be played for achievements every time there's a new patch.
After game ends it takes me to choose level screen and shows map complete on brutal but it's not counting for my profile.

Well I just have to load in my old save and then exit it. It's just annoying because I was right at the end of Great Train Robbery with about to destroy last train on brutal. Not a hard mission but I hate having to replay them.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-09-05, 07:23   Link #7151
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
So July v MVP game 2, HOLY SNIPE was that game godly.

MVP just started another metagame trend imo whereby T lategame > Z. How? Spam ghosts.

Snipe > Ling, Baneling, Mutalisk, Infestor, Broodlord, Ultralisk.

July probably lost over 30 ultralisks and 30 broodlords that game to a ghost/siege tank/viking army consisting of a mostly ghost army. Only used marines and medivacs for drops to take out hatcheries (this was very lategame, of course standard marine/tank/medivac vs ling/bane/muta was how it started out) . Snipe is definitely gonna be nerfed now. Dammit you korean terrans... always causing terran nerfs . Now before you say, just fungal... Ghosts have emp too .

Yeh Mvp is gonna win this GSL no problem...

Game 4

Sigh July. You just gave up a big lead by THROWING BANELINGS AND 14 MUTAS INTO A BUNKER, 2 THORS AND SOME HELLIONS, and Mvp only lost a bunker. Mvp cleaned up by 1a-ing into his natural with mass BFH and thors. Sigh July... sometimes your aggression makes you look like a genius, other times like this one, you look like a silver league player.

Grats MVP on your 3rd championship (pretty much guaranteed lol). Now it's a race in the IM house to see who gets the 4th championship first between Nestea and MvP.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-09-05 at 07:54.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 12:24   Link #7152
paladinenvec

I can not believe that oGsTOP won against Optimus... wth...
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 16:17   Link #7153
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

GSL code S finals is fated to be boring 1 sided matches.
The heavy ghost play vs Z is very deadly: No clue how to beat that amount of ghosts as Z beside NPing a scv many many times over to make a CC and make your own ghosts and tanks.
BLs and Ultras die too fast to snipe (and those units aren't very cost efficient), EMP/snipe kills infestors. Roach hydra ling wouldnt work that well vs MVP's mech backbone.
Old 2011-09-05, 21:13   Link #7154
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
GSL code S finals is fated to be boring 1 sided matches.
The heavy ghost play vs Z is very deadly: No clue how to beat that amount of ghosts as Z beside NPing a scv many many times over to make a CC and make your own ghosts and tanks.
BLs and Ultras die too fast to snipe (and those units aren't very cost efficient), EMP/snipe kills infestors. Roach hydra ling wouldnt work that well vs MVP's mech backbone.
I think Zerg is gonna have to approach it the same way they approach denying Protoss "Deathball" Status. Don't let the terran get a critical mass of ghosts. Ghosts aren't exaclty cheap (200/100) and you will never 10+ to get a critical amount of snipes, the same way protoss needs 6+ sentries to get a critical amount of forcefields. Ghosts aren't exactly the best unit to rush for until you are on 4+ bases anyway since midgame comprises of ling/bane/muta vs marine/tank/medvac wars.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 21:54   Link #7155
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Each ghost costs almost as much as a tank.

They better be good.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-05, 22:33   Link #7156
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Maybe NP a ghost and try to counter EMP? Mass burrow infestors for tons of infested terran usage? (risky to do, counted by the good turret spread of MVP).

The protoss deathball can be handled with several tools, such as baneling carpet bomb, infestor (+broods), or just aggressively trading supplies with roaches.

I agree ghosts have to be "decent" to cost 200/100. Snipe harassment on worker line have a lot of potential (Keen v Optimus game 1). EMP has played an ever so important role vs toss (esp immortals and HTs) as well as other casters.

I find this comp of mech turtle to ~150 food then transitioning into heavy ghost play have a lot of potential in TvZ.

MVP played very well (good positioning of his marines protected him from the initial 2/2 timing bust), but at the same time I feel he allowed July to out expand him significantly (he did some rather lethal drops sniping a pool, then a spire - but July's 3rd and 4th went up uncontested for a while).
Old 2011-09-06, 19:46   Link #7157
Xacual

So finally beat In Utter Darkness. Not sure what I did differently this time but I was on edge almost the entire game so when I got to the big rush of units around 2100ish with pretty much 40 assorted air from void rays mostly to carriers and a few phoenix and my dark templar still it was a huge sigh of relief. Ended at 2890 kills which was fine with me. Now to go back to my terran missions with max research done.

Got Cutthroat and Supernova done as well afterwards. Just got Last Artifact and the two missions with the Odin + secret mission and Char to go. I've been told the first Odin mission is annoying because of Tychus so not looking forward to it.

Last edited by Xacual; 2011-09-07 at 03:26.
Old 2011-09-06, 19:56   Link #7158
Who

My method was save every 10-15 seconds. Mess up? Go back. Barely scrape by the wave? Go back. In decent position? Go back. Repeat. Perfect macro/positioning? Save. Repeat. Pray for profit.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 20:06   Link #7159
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm still happy with my DT wall to save me a lane to guard with my troops Got me a decent amount of kills before they got Overseers in their massive waves.
Old 2011-09-07, 00:33   Link #7160
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

MC playing soon, will his PvZ be sharp enough to allow himt o stay in Code S, or would he fall to the depths of Code A?

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows