AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-02-16, 22:34   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Character Discussion - Hinata

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Hinata related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Naruto fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 22:34   Link #2
canza

Character Discussion - Hinata

Okay I bet people have already made a thread like this...but well I'm lazy and it would be nice to make a new one. And well....search button...came out with 11 pages..

Okay well I was wondering....why do most people think Hinata's sooo cute and adorable???? Imo she really isn't much...very boring and normal.....there's nothing really cute about her except that she is this little "shy" person.....and I don't buy it.

Well in the manga it's different...but lets just stick to the anime.
canza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 22:37   Link #3
naruto123

Quote:
Originally Posted by canza
Okay I bet people have already made a thread like this...but well I'm lazy and it would be nice to make a new one. And well....search button...came out with 11 pages..

Okay well I was wondering....why do most people think Hinata's sooo cute and adorable???? Imo she really isn't much...very boring and normal.....there's nothing really cute about her except that she is this little "shy" person.....and I don't buy it.

Well in the manga it's different...but lets just stick to the anime.
Thats just it Hinata is cute because shes shy.
naruto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 22:40   Link #4
canza

Ewww......then that reason doesn't really work.....
Old 2006-02-16, 22:44   Link #5
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Like he said it'S because she is shy. It's also because just by being her she make prety much any guy want to take care of her and protect her.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 22:46   Link #6
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

well, hinata is the shy girl, who is kinda cute and will never admit to anyone she likes naruto. in fact in almost any anime series you can definitely find one, if not more of that type of character. why that makes her cute, i'm not a psychologist

ps: perfect timing, i just changed my sig to one i just made im laughing in my head about it
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 22:51   Link #7
yuchan

I'm a big hina fan. I believe many people liked her was because going back to the exam days, she was nice to naruoto, and she was pretty strong since in the exam days sakura was annoying and useless, ino wasn't much better than sakura, and tenten just didn't get enough screentime. So that left hinata and temari. Peoples feeling may have changed since then, but back then, hinata and temari were the more popular girls.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 22:55   Link #8
sanghyun1990
상현

I hate Hinata, she is annoying. Just looking at her make me angry. I wish that someone in Akatsuki would kill her.
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 22:59   Link #9
canza

Well...tis true that no other girl was as good as Hinata at the time....
Old 2006-02-16, 23:00   Link #10
firepheonix

I like hinata, at least she's more useful than sakura. and it is cute with her being shy.
firepheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 23:06   Link #11
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepheonix
I like hinata, at least she's more useful than sakura. and it is cute with her being shy.
Well to know for true we would have to see Hinata and Sakura fight again. BTW Fillers don't count as fight info.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 23:35   Link #12
naruto123

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes
Well to know for true we would have to see Hinata and Sakura fight again. BTW Fillers don't count as fight info.
Again? When did they fight before I think I missed that one...
Old 2006-02-16, 23:47   Link #13
sayde

It should be obvious that pre time skip Hinata owns pre-time skip sakura completely (not including fillers in which case my statement would hold true even more so ).

IMO, people think Hinata's cute for the same reasons posted above. At the very least, Hinata's actually got some decent reasons for liking the person she does which makes her less annoying compared to a couple other characters on the show. If there are any females in the series that are annoying, it's sakura. She bitches, complains, and worries all the time, and on top of that, she doesn't even have any plausible reasons for loving the person she does.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 00:00   Link #14
naruto123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde
It should be obvious that pre time skip Hinata owns pre-time skip sakura completely (not including fillers in which case my statement would hold true even more so ).

IMO, people think Hinata's cute for the same reasons posted above. At the very least, Hinata's actually got some decent reasons for liking the person she does which makes her less annoying compared to a couple other characters on the show. If there are any females in the series that are annoying, it's sakura. She bitches, complains, and worries all the time, and on top of that, she doesn't even have any plausible reasons for loving the person she does.
Your so right Sakura is the most annoying and she never stops worrying about Sasuke and mistreats Naruto.
While Hinata is negative to no one.
Old 2006-02-17, 00:12   Link #15
shikamarufoo

Hinata is one my favorite characters...she can bea little bit annoying at times, but her shyness, cuteness, and how she trained in the nude and got better, makes up for it. Naruto should like Hinata instead of Sakura! Sakura takes up alot of air time just going "blah blah" then her inner self going "blah blah kill everyone blah blah." I'm not really a Sakura hater because she has her moments and she's becoming strong, but her infatuation with Sasuke needs to stop!
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 00:27   Link #16
Rachy
Disabled By Request

I think hanabi got the cute-ness in the family not hinata. (well unless u are talking about girls only not neji )

i guess her personality is cute/shy though?

Last edited by Rachy; 2006-02-17 at 00:39.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 00:37   Link #17
Zek
Eyebrows...

Hinata's character is more than a little overdone; she's shy to the extent that it's comical, and it really starts to wear thin after a while. It's one thing for her to be shy and somewhat unsure of herself, but it's another thing entirely to be incapable of normal speech or staying on her feet when Naruto is within a 20 foot radius of her.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 01:03   Link #18
canza

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamarufoo
shyness, cuteness, and how she trained in the nude and got better, makes up for it.
omg lol that cracked me up

Hmm..imo she is a little TOO shy....
Old 2006-02-17, 04:06   Link #19
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
I know this is a long shot and would DRASTICALLY change the way we look at Hinata's character, but I for one would like her to do a "Miyazaki Nodoka" (from MSN) and actually get the COURAGE to tell Naruto how she feels about him! ( Too bad there's no "Paru"-type character who'll egg her on and driver her to confess... maybe Kiba? ) If this happens I'll bet Hinata's popularity would shoot up to the stratosphere just as much as Nodoka's did in MSN!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 08:13   Link #20
naruto123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone
I know this is a long shot and would DRASTICALLY change the way we look at Hinata's character, but I for one would like her to do a "Miyazaki Nodoka" (from MSN) and actually get the COURAGE to tell Naruto how she feels about him! ( Too bad there's no "Paru"-type character who'll egg her on and driver her to confess... maybe Kiba? ) If this happens I'll bet Hinata's popularity would shoot up to the stratosphere just as much as Nodoka's did in MSN!
Your right and that would make the show alot better.
I don't know if Kiba would help but its a thought.
Her popularity would sky rocket and Sakura's would sink lol.
I think Hinata should confess already!!!