AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 250 69.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 17.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 6.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 3.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.40%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.28%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 0.84%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-28, 23:41   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Code Geass Episode 23 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Code Geass, Episode 23!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for reminder:
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 01:39   Link #2
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Woot!!!
Can't Spot...Addicted to The Geass
Old 2007-03-29, 03:21   Link #3
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

This is probably going to end up being the ultra gigaton episode that changes things even more than 22. Waiting for subs is going to be like torture.

So who wants to bet that
Spoiler:
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 03:28   Link #4
WhiteWings

Not really a spoiler but just in case for those not seen episode 22 yet...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-29, 03:34   Link #5
SinsI

I got completely different impression, the authors prefer to deal with everything as soon as possible and don't drag it at all, so I think the situation is going to be resolved in this episode.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 03:35   Link #6
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
So who wants to bet that
Spoiler:
Yeah, that'd be the most likely case.

Or more specifically:
Spoiler:

Whatever the case, it's least likely Euphie will live. Someone will just kill her in this ep for sure. Awww That is, unless she successfully kills all Japanese and, in effect, Geass wears off XD

Anyway, anyone notice that Euphie was the only victim of Geass to show some sort of retaliation before following the Geass command? Shirley doesn't count because the reason why she screamed "NO!" just before she was given a Geass command was because she probably discovered Lulu's powers from Mao and sort of predicted he'd use it on her to make her forget everything between them. Besides, she screamed before the command was given. Euphie, on the other hand, had her "NO... I CAN'T KILL THEM..." moment after the command was given.

Perhaps the Brittanian/Imperial family has some sort of immunity against Geass? I mean, when Lulu used Geass on himself, he quickly remembered what he was supposed to forget right after achieving his goal: to "defeat" Mao/save Nunnally. In contrast, Viletta could barely remember Lulu in the Shinjuku battle.

Ok, I'm done XD
m-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 03:43   Link #7
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I got completely different impression, the authors prefer to deal with everything as soon as possible and don't drag it at all, so I think the situation is going to be resolved in this episode.
Well, it's actually possible for them to let Euphie live longer. She's quite a supporting character after all. They did drag on Shirley's knowledge of Zero's identity 'til now, you know. Besides, "resolved" may not necessarily mean Euphie's death. Maybe she'll like, end up in some mental institution or something XD

On a more serious note, if Euphie does die, I wonder what'll happen next. Suzaku will definitely freak. And so will Cornelia. Zero also seems to have (re-)formed his bond with Euphie and even sheds tears as he commands the Order to find and kill her. Will he be consumed by the power and his emotions and fall into a Mao-esque path of a Geass user? Or will he do otherwise, and still commit himself into his goals and his contract(s) with CC? Ack can't wait for this to get subbed

Oh my. And don't forget Nina
Old 2007-03-29, 04:17   Link #8
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-san View Post
Perhaps the Brittanian/Imperial family has some sort of immunity against Geass? I mean, when Lulu used Geass on himself, he quickly remembered what he was supposed to forget right after achieving his goal: to "defeat" Mao/save Nunnally. In contrast, Viletta could barely remember Lulu in the Shinjuku battle.
Lelouch did not literally 'remember'. He does completely forget about the plan and only deduces what he had done after the fact because he is smart enough to realize so.

I'm thinking that Suzaku will rush in to the stadium just in time to see Zero kill off Euphemia or have Euphemia attempt to gun him down, activating his Geass order and forcing him to stay away from protecting Euphemia until Zero shoots her.

Where will Cornelia appear in all of this? Probably last possible moment.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 04:45   Link #9
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:

Ok, I'm done XD
In that occasion Lelouch didn't remember anything: he GUESSED what was the original plan from Suzaku's words. Lelouch is famous for being smart so it's quite understandable that he reconstructed what happened in a fraction of time starting from mere hints.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 04:51   Link #10
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I wonder what did Lelouch did with Dalton last episode. Somehow i think that's gonna come into plan with Cornelia soon.

I think it's possibly that Lelouch geassed Dalton to find out his mother's killer from Cornelia.
Old 2007-03-29, 06:02   Link #11
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Lelouch did not literally 'remember'. He does completely forget about the plan and only deduces what he had done after the fact because he is smart enough to realize so.
Good point.

I'm still wondering why Euphie had that "I don't want to kill them" moment, though. Other ideas? Perhaps his Geass has become permanent but "weaker" in the sense that the victim does not immediately follow a command?
Old 2007-03-29, 06:08   Link #12
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I would bet on dramatic license And to makes us (the viewers) realize that something has gone very wrong
Old 2007-03-29, 06:25   Link #13
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I would bet on dramatic license And to makes us (the viewers) realize that something has gone very wrong
I initally thought so, too , but who knows. I was thinking maybe it really did have something to do with the power/Geass itself. Their [Euphie's and Lulu's] dad is somewhat connected to Geass, after all. And what great timing for Lulu's Geass to become permanent -- just when he thinks he has "lost" [the Order] but "won" [for Nunnally], suddenly this whole Euphie-nator predicament is at hand.

Anyway, with Lulu's Geass now permanently activated, how do you think will he resume his normal life, like how will he go back to school and stuff? Anyone betting we'll be seeing a pirate Lulu, donning an eyepatch whenever he isn't Zero?
Old 2007-03-29, 06:26   Link #14
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

In a few more hours,Code Geass will be aired.I am not comfortable with the thought of Lelouch's Geass becomes permanent.I wonder if he will go crazy someday like Mao.I hope not.

Euphemia is not my favourite character,so even if she dies,i don't really care.However,her death will definitely add "spice" to the show to me.

If Viletta gets her memory back,will Lelouch's identity in danger of being exposed?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 06:42   Link #15
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Anyway, with Lulu's Geass now permanently activated, how do you think will he resume his normal life, like how will he go back to school and stuff? Anyone betting we'll be seeing a pirate Lulu, donning an eyepatch whenever he isn't Zero?
Well, he can always wear an eye patch and come up with whatever explanation behind its existance Fortunately for him, his geass is in only one of his eyes, unlike Mao.

As for the school ... i have a feeling the school will go boom soon enough
Old 2007-03-29, 06:54   Link #16
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
In a few more hours,Code Geass will be aired.I am not comfortable with the thought of Lelouch's Geass becomes permanent.I wonder if he will go crazy someday like Mao.I hope not.

Euphemia is not my favourite character,so even if she dies,i don't really care.However,her death will definitely add "spice" to the show to me.

If Viletta gets her memory back,will Lelouch's identity in danger of being exposed?
Are you the same Chinatsu-no-miya from TF? Hi! Remember me, m-san?

Anyway, Shirley rediscovering Zero's identity is already "dangerous" enough. I would've been happier if he'd just eliminated her in the first place. Somehow, Euphie has a special place in the story; she's pretty much like Nunnally. They just don't care about all the political and military ruckus, as long as they're happy. She's probably unique amongst the whole Imperial Family with this trait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Well, he can always wear an eye patch and come up with whatever explanation behind its existance Fortunately for him, his geass is in only one of his eyes, unlike Mao.

As for the school ... i have a feeling the school will go boom soon enough
Well, Milly did marry Lloyd so they could just leave this school business behind But what about Nunnally? Where'll she stay then? The Order's base?
Old 2007-03-29, 06:59   Link #17
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Are you the same Chinatsu-no-miya from TF? Hi! Remember me, m-san?

Anyway, Shirley rediscovering Zero's identity is already "dangerous" enough. I would've been happier if he'd just eliminated her in the first place. Somehow, Euphie has a special place in the story; she's pretty much like Nunnally. They just don't care about all the political and military ruckus, as long as they're happy. She's probably unique amongst the whole Imperial Family with this trait.

Well, Milly did marry Lloyd so they could just leave this school business behind But what about Nunnally? Where'll she stay then? The Order's base?
Lol,actually it is Yuri百合 but hi m-san!Of course i remember you.

About Millay and Llyod's relationship,i am not sure if they can hit it off.But they both have got some chemistry,so it is a possibility they will get together.Like Euphemia too,I am not fond of Shirley.Shirley is equally as naive as Euphemia.For now,i hope Shirley will not have the same fate as Euphemia.
Old 2007-03-29, 07:08   Link #18
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
Lol,actually it is Yuri百合 but hi m-san!Of course i remember you.

About Millay and Llyod's relationship,i am not sure if they can hit it off.But they both have got some chemistry,so it is a possibility they will get together.Like Euphemia too,I am not fond of Shirley.Shirley is equally as naive as Euphemia.For now,i hope Shirley will not have the same fate as Euphemia.
It's not if they hit it off or not, but with Millay's marriage to Lloyd, who happens to be an earl , the Ashford family can regain their status in the Brittanian Empire and probably ditch Japan for good, if worse comes to worse.
Old 2007-03-29, 07:11   Link #19
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
It's not if they hit it off or not, but with Millay's marriage to Lloyd, who happens to be an earl , the Ashford family can regain their status in the Brittanian Empire and probably ditch Japan for good, if worse comes to worse.
Hmm,it is not hard for me to picture their marriage days if they get married.

Anyway,Ashford family's downfall is because they are close to Marianne,but will things change for them even if Millay marry Lloyd?I hope there will be some sort of love triangle between Lloyd,Millay and Cecile.that would be interesting

On the other hand,i wonder what Nina would do when she learns of Euphemia's death.I am most interested to know Suzaku and Nina's reaction.I am not going to wait for the subs.I am going to read summary instead because it will be like waiting forever for me
Old 2007-03-29, 07:17   Link #20
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
If all sh*t hist the fan, i doubt there are any other options Though this would give very good hints about Zero's identity to Kallen. At any rate - would be nice to see how Nunnally would react to the knowlidge that Lulu = Zero

... though the other option would be for her to live in Kaguya's place - i think she will get some spotlight very soon and will be very inwolved with Zero and the order (and i get the feeling she will find out Zero's identity as well)