AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-14, 20:54   Link #1
Katsuta

Question regarding Guild Wars in Japan and introduction.

edit: Thank you, problem solved.

Last edited by Katsuta; 2009-04-12 at 07:31.
Katsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 21:28   Link #2
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Hey matey Cool. Someone here from Japan! OMG OMG OMG:-D

Well mate, Guild Wars has changed a bit. It used to be that Koreans where seperated from Chinese and Japanese and Europeans and Americans. But now you can move into other countries districts. In other words, you can go with your characters on the european or american servers if you want to. When you are in town, in the top left corner of the screen you can select a district. A japanese district is where you will start, but you can then change to european district or american district.

Guild Wars is quite an amazing game. It's as deep and Complex as Starcraft, and has the same addicting feeling that Diablo had.
It's not a game about levelling and getting items and stuff. Sure, it is in there(Too some extent) but the real pleasure in this game, is collecting skills and making builds(you can only bring 8 skills to battle at a time).

The game has sold over 5 million copies and continue to do well. They just had a big update a few days ago! Finding people will be no problem, matey. Everybody has room for people in their guilds(it is called guild wars after all ). you just say in town "anyone has a guild you can join?" and tons of nice people will give you a request.

Guild Wars, because of the depth can be a bit intimidating. Because of the complex structure, the pvp can be unforgiven, so don't start out with that. If you want to, you can make a level 20 max characters from character creation and fight in PvP, but I would not suggest doing this before really having played the game for several hundreds of hours.

There are 4 guild wars game. Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, and an expansion called Eye of the north. Depending on which you have, will allow you to go to does specific area and do does specific story missions, get specific skills and use specific classes. You dont need to own them. you wont become weaker, but of course you have a bit less options to choose from(but still from a crazy pool of almost 1000 skills.. and since you can only use 800 at a time ).
They are all really good.

Guild Wars is really popular many places in the world. It has the reputation as the most balanced pvp game, but somehow, the e-sport scene never really took off. Instead people loved the PvE quite alot. since then, they have made an diablo-ish hard mode, titles and introduces other things to encourge playthrough through the world.

It really is a terrific game. incredible optimized, it will also run well on old computers. the game runs on revolutionary streaming technology that allows you to play the game, while it downloads other parts of the game in the background! how cool is that?
the graphics and art is simply outstanding. I challange you to search google for guild wars art, and see it for yourself. its simply some of the marvelous art ever created for entertainment.
the beautiful but haunting music by Jeremy Soule(also made music for Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Oblivion, knights of the old republic, Neverwinter Nights and many more...) is on par with lord of the rings and star wars and other epic film. its outstanding.

the game has a slick interface, that can be completely resized, changed and moved around on the screen, and the game has a great combination of WASD first person shooter controls, and click to move, like seen in diablo, and NWN.

the developrs, despite not having monthly fee have continued to balance, and bug fix the game and make it better for the past 3 years since its release. Arenanet is created of high ranking individuals from Blizzard, and its amazing to see them doing these amazing things. they are great developers, and as a player, I feel it is my responsibility to tell others of how great they are, and how everyone should support them.

Guild Wars is just mad fun. it doesnt even require an installation cd. just have your account name and password, and you can download the 30 mb client from the official site. easy as pie. everything about it is so nice.

its also a nice and calm and not-frustrating game. the instanced structure removes issues like lag, ganking, over population, spawn camping, quest camping, griefing etc. it also adds room for a great combination of solo and party play.
GW is a game with lot to offer.

lol, I feel like an advertisment agent. I just really love this game.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 21:43   Link #3
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

All you need is to buy the game off the shelves and you're set, which is more than what I can say for WoW.

However, do note that Eye of the North is NOT a standalone game. If you get that one, be sure to throw in one of the other three.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-11-14 at 22:00.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 21:44   Link #4
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
You forget the most important thing: No pay to play. All you need is to buy the game off the shelves and you're set, which is more than what I can say for WoW.
yeah. they recently made a complete collection package. 4 games for the price of 1: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guild-Wars-C.../dp/B001CSMF48
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 21:57   Link #5
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Damn. I couldn't find this on the official GW website. Only found the one which complied the three standalones into one package.

I have fond memories of GW. I only have the first game, and since my friends here don't play it, I stopped sometime ago. Now with 3.5 games, and a larger server population, maybe I can return.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-11-14 at 22:18.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote