Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-20, 18:59   Link #1261
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i wouldnt be too surprised if chihiro remembers renji for a while. but then this anime takes on so many twists that maybe she wont remember.
I wouldn't be surprised if she forgets him entirely, but they meet again on the train platform, as before, and we end the show at their second meeting, with her saying again: "Will you be my friend?"

The completed novel/novella/short story is a wild card. I wonder if her diary will give her any explanation of why it is now finished.

It occurred to me when I was watching the sub that what she said was right: if she and Renji were to stay together, it would mean years of pain for him.

I look forward to finding out who it is that Yuu thought she was like. And I wonder who Yuu is and why he is looking after her. And I wonder if she has had such brief romances before.

She is wounded and apparently weak -- but she is still a powerful god. In episode 11 she just took command and remade the world, and there was nothing anyone could do about it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 19:38   Link #1262
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 11

What an episode. That more than made up for the slight disappointment that was ep 10. There's hardly anything in that that I can criticize. The drama, romance, characters and their interactions, and the plot... everything was well executed, and it goes without saying that it had an impact.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 23:25   Link #1263
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Well... some how Chihiro somehow became very cute in episode 11. Otherwise, i'm really surprise how forward Chihiro and Renji are, more so than anyone in the anime so far. Though Chihiro and Renji's grief sure does bring about lots of stirred emotions of regret, sorrow and repent.

The end was what really got me. I was very attached to the story of Chihiro and Renji the most cause of Chihiro's disorder, and now it's a shame to throw away all of that time away they spend together. *cry*

I sure am glad I kept up with this series. Very interesting way it's presented. Now i'm intrigued about what happens to them now, oh Minori, I must throw down the towel for surprising me like that. Plot twist! I love those, but it saddens me entirely now that I wished for a ending like that.

ps: I see the Ending is a Chihiro Special ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 11

What an episode. That more than made up for the slight disappointment that was ep 10. There's hardly anything in that that I can criticize. The drama, romance, characters and their interactions, and the plot... everything was well executed, and it goes without saying that it had an impact.
Agreed.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 23:28   Link #1264
changeup

Here is the official neta of the last episode

紘、京介、蓮治、みやこ、景、千尋は、自分たちの葛藤や思いに“答え”を探すための“道”にたどりつきつつ あった。決して楽ではないその道を、彼らは自分たちが出そうとする答えと真摯(しんし)に向き合いながら、 突き進んでいこうとする。

Sounds like everyone will have their own ending... Yeah, I would appreciate if they can wrap up the ending of Kei and Kyosuke...
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 23:34   Link #1265
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post

紘、京介、蓮治、みやこ、景、千尋は、自分たちの葛藤や思いに“答え”を探すための“道”にたどりつきつつ あった。決して楽ではないその道を、彼らは自分たちが出そうとする答えと真摯(しんし)に向き合いながら、 突き進んでいこうとする。

Sounds like everyone will have their own ending... Yeah, I would appreciate if they can wrap up the ending of Kei and Kyosuke...
It pratically has to be them now, if not so, they better continue with Chihiro and Renji's ending ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-12-21, 02:23   Link #1266
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

BTW, I loved the strange rendition of Chihiro ED in the last episode as well. I'm amazed how Shaft constantly turns out these character songs and all of them are just amazing. Not just good, but AMAZING. I can listen to them in car radio no problem.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-12-21 at 04:50. Reason: removed illicit comment
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 06:59   Link #1267
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post

wow, only one more day! Just looking at how they set the other Kei, Kyosuke, Hiro, Miyako, Renji and Chihiro, that is probably the order that they will be addressing them. I really didn't want Kei to end with Kyousuke even if Kei was rejected by Hiro, but after finding how the graphic novel ends I guess I have to go with it.

The passage only tells us that each of them is searching for the answers to find a way to deal with their feelings. To find the best answer for a way to move forward with their life in a sincere way.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 07:11   Link #1268
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched the Conclave-Mendoi subs of Episode 10 and Episode 11.

Episode 10, the end of the Hirono-Miyako-Kei storyline, was a very nicely-done melodramatic moment. It must be said that, even though the Hirono-Miyako-Kei storyline is really a typical love-triangle yarn with nothing particularly special about it, it's not the quality of the plot that made it exceptional; it's the execution. It's one of those things that you know is just going to happen, that you already know how it's going to turn out, but you're impressed by it anyway. Wonderful stuff.

That, though, is nothing compared to Episode 11, the end of the Chihiro-Renji storyline. Now THAT is true tragic stuff, up there with some of the best tragedies in the industry like AIR (TV). And the last scene, with Chihiro's memories flying away in the wind on the school rooftop, almost made me forget about wanting Shinkai Makoto to do a remake of this; Oonuma has really shown his substance as a director in his own right, even if he is Shinbou's disciple.

Great stuff. Great, great stuff. 9 for the former, a perfect 10 for the latter.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 09:02   Link #1269
X207
Gamyūsa

doesnt anyone think that chihiro's story will mimic the end of this series? im hoping that it has a good ending but the tragic ending does seem to hav some indications to ep12.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 09:15   Link #1270
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Old 2007-12-21, 09:21   Link #1271
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
doesnt anyone think that chihiro's story will mimic the end of this series? im hoping that it has a good ending but the tragic ending does seem to hav some indications to ep12.
If she doesn't have a good ending, I will feel so sad for both twins!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 10:31   Link #1272
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if she forgets him entirely, but they meet again on the train platform, as before, and we end the show at their second meeting, with her saying again: "Will you be my friend?"

The completed novel/novella/short story is a wild card. I wonder if her diary will give her any explanation of why it is now finished.

It occurred to me when I was watching the sub that what she said was right: if she and Renji were to stay together, it would mean years of pain for him.

I look forward to finding out who it is that Yuu thought she was like. And I wonder who Yuu is and why he is looking after her. And I wonder if she has had such brief romances before.

She is wounded and apparently weak -- but she is still a powerful god. In episode 11 she just took command and remade the world, and there was nothing anyone could do about it.
Thats actually quite painful for renji too seen as he cannot forget these feelings and experiences he has formed together with chihiro. I'm feeling that perhaps she is being a bit too selfish to be making decisions for him but whatever they did would sure to end in pain also. I guess for chihiro, she wish to spare renji of a long term pain for a short one, hoping that he would forget about her given time and then she can go back to being a "no body".

It depends on how renji takes this. He could use it to break free from his pain but seen as he has fallen deeply for chihiro I doubt he would do that. (much to yuu's annoyance ).

She was a powerful god but decided to throw herself off the cliff = burning her diary. This will be a new start where she will be reborn...an eternal reset perhaps ;__;

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 14:13   Link #1273
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Thats actually quite painful for renji too seen as he cannot forget these feelings and experiences he has formed together with chihiro. I'm feeling that perhaps she is being a bit too selfish to be making decisions for him but whatever they did would sure to end in pain also. I guess for chihiro, she wish to spare renji of a long term pain for a short one, hoping that he would forget about her given time and then she can go back to being a "no body".

It depends on how renji takes this. He could use it to break free from his pain but seen as he has fallen deeply for chihiro I doubt he would do that. (much to yuu's annoyance ).

She was a powerful god but decided to throw herself off the cliff = burning her diary. This will be a new start where she will be reborn...an eternal reset perhaps ;__;
That can be true, but I didn't think of it like that though. I don't feel that destroying herself can be her savior. To be simply forgotten is almost as terrible as death, I can feel Renji's pain now >.< I don't think Renji can simply forget Chihiro even though it was a very short encounter, it made a great impact in his adolescence days. Etched into the memories forever, eh?

Old 2007-12-21, 17:29   Link #1274
FuzzyWuzzy

Ok so I'm totally digging this anime but this episode kind of suck for me. Don't get me wrong, it is really good however, it lacked originality. The anime is very much like the movie "50 first dates" with Adam Sandler. Chihiro had the same feeling, same reaction and practically the same scene of Drew Barrymore just in a different environment in episode 11.

I'm really hoping for a nice happy ending but I hope it won't be the same or somewhat similar ending that happened in "50 first dates". If it happens, the story would really suck for me because it would have been just a rerun in my mind and the writer is nothing more than untalented, uneducated, immoral, not very artistic sob that can't come up with his own story. The anime would also have been just a rip off and not an original story.

It would be like Hollywood creating a cartoon that has the same story, plot, scenes, beginning, and ending that is the same as any anime like Naruto or Bleach but giving it a different title and music background.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 17:31   Link #1275
Midonin
Last Engage

On a somewhat different note, in traditional Shaft style, I noticed this shout out in Ep. 11.

Motsu is in the crane game...in a good way.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 17:39   Link #1276
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yes the appearance of Motsu was quite the treat --- i wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Shinbo who asked for that.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's been covered yet, though has anyone come across the connection of the OP title Euphoric Field, and the episode titles?

1. eve
2. upon a time
3. paradox
4. honestly
5. outline
6. rain
7. I...
8. clear color
9. forget me not
10. I'm here
11. ever forever
12. love

All we're missing is the 'd'..

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-12-21 at 17:55.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 17:58   Link #1277
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Edit: I'm not sure if it's been covered yet, though has anyone come across the connection of the OP title Euphoric Field, and the episode titles?
[...]

All we're missing is the 'd'..
Yeah, it was mentioned a little while ago. As I mentioned back then, I'd bet that we'll see an OVA episode included with "the latter tale" game (being released just a few weeks after the last DVD).

(And as for "FuzzyWuzzy"'s argument... plot originality is overrated. There's nothing new under the sun. I highly doubt "50 First Dates" was the first story on the subject either, it's only the first one you heard of. To me, it's all about characters, presentation, and delivery -- and those are this show's strong points.)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 10:16   Link #1278
Dop
Mmmm....

Wow. Yet again an episode has left me rooted to the spot and absolutely awestruck. It was fantastic and gorgeous, and totally gripping.

Spoiler for toward the ending:

I'm so looking forward to the next episode, to see where things go from here.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 10:45   Link #1279
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Wow. Yet again an episode has left me rooted to the spot and absolutely awestruck. It was fantastic and gorgeous, and totally gripping.

Spoiler for toward the ending:

I'm so looking forward to the next episode, to see where things go from here.
Now if that were to happen, expect renji to be joining her

All the way to the afterlife

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 11:09   Link #1280
cyth
Banned

I received my ef vol.1 along with the prologue dvd yesterday, and I just can't get enough of it. Box art is superb and the included extras were charming. Haven't checked out the extra CD's contents yet.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft