AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-03-20, 11:42   Link #101
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

If you read carefully I said I was basing it on what mood the song gave me personally, not anything on how good the song itself is overall. Agony is obviously way better overall with its more complex melody, comparable to the first Shana OP more.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 19:02   Link #102
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainy
Collective lyrics?

Where?

Want!

The song does sound very... hellish, to me. I should hope its lyrics are at least mildly screwed up.
You bet they are.
Old 2006-03-22, 00:34   Link #103
ZeRoGravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
I have already heard enough. In my opinion KOTOKO's songs sound alike, and for me it gets old. It may be because of the style of the I've Sound songs (much like most of avex mode [ie. Initial D] songs sound alike.)

And because they're so many, I actually 'forgot' the name of a song from KOTOKO that I really liked a while ago. I'm having a hard time trying to know what it is, hehe. Of her popular works in anime though, Second Flight (from Onegai Twins) was my favorite.
Same here, i liked her singing before but the more i listen to her songs the more i get bored of it, sounds too much the same. Yes, OT and OT2 songs by Kotoko are still one of the songs by Kotoko that i would still listen to; I sometime listen to agony and sasakure as well.
Old 2006-03-24, 04:34   Link #104
manoy385

Removed links...

Anyways I am liking Sekka no Shinwa more than being too. It sounds kinda different from most of her songs.

Last edited by manoy385; 2006-03-24 at 20:10.
manoy385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 06:38   Link #105
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Unless those are officially sanctioned by the rights holders (which seems very unlikely judging from the website), I would take those down...

That being said, I listened to Sekka no Shinwa earlier today and thought it was actually pretty well done, and much better (IMO) musically than being. The song structure just seems to work better and it's full of momentum, unlike being which gave me more of a stop and trip kind of movement.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 18:25   Link #106
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
That being said, I listened to Sekka no Shinwa earlier today and thought it was actually pretty well done, and much better (IMO) musically than being. The song structure just seems to work better and it's full of momentum, unlike being which gave me more of a stop and trip kind of movement.
I don't think you're the only one... although I can't really articulate what it is about it I like. Either way, Sekka is a great song.

Mami Kawada's album isn't bad at all... got to hear it about an hour ago so I've only managed one full listen, but I'm liking it so far. Seed was a bit of a disappointment from the sample, but there are other good songs. Kanashimi no Mori's probably my favourite, and when you get past the English intro "You Give..." is pretty good too. It's nothing mindblowing, but it's a solid album I'll have no problems with listening to again. If you like her music, go out and get it and you'll probably enjoy it.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 07:49   Link #107
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

i have more than 200 of her songs ^^

both anime and games
friendshipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 22:05   Link #108
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

im in love with the song she did for the Shakugan no Shana OP2 "Being". im addicted :P
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 20:04   Link #109
Secca
nya`
*Artist

confused

I first listened to Kotoko from the opening of Onegai Twins. And for a long time I really thought Kotoko and Kawada Mami was the same person. Because their voice sound almost the same to me, specially in the opening and ending song of Onegai Twins.

Even in Shakugan no Shana first opening, i thought it was Kotoko too. >_<
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 16:57   Link #110
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
Thats because they are friends and each of them share same style..
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 00:15   Link #111
robot
Subway Monster

I'm going to see KOTOKO in June at A-kon.
robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 12:19   Link #112
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

I'm pretty sure they hire people based on the type of timbre their voice would give. KOTOKO had said that when she gave an audition, she was told that her voice would fit very well in with I've Sound. Personally, I think KOTOKO is a mix of SHIHO and Mami with some denpa moe thrown in.
Old 2006-05-11, 18:44   Link #113
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Okay, this has bugged me for long enough now.

How many different versions of Re-Sublimity are there? I've heard the single version, and the album version, and am pretty sure they're just about the same, around 5mins 10 long and sound just like the OP version. Yet I've got another version of it, which is 4:42 and definitely the same song, but sounds slightly... I dunno, harder? The intro is definitely different, and although it's less so the rest of the song is too. Anyone heard of any versions of it on CDs other than Garasu no Kaze and the Re-Sublimity single?
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 20:31   Link #114
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer
Thats because they are friends and each of them share same style..
Actually I think it has a lot more to do with their relation to I've(which has a lot of influence on their style).

Case in point, listen to any I've artist's works with and without the studio, and their sound changes quite a bit.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 15:36   Link #115
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
Actually I think it has a lot more to do with their relation to I've(which has a lot of influence on their style).

Case in point, listen to any I've artist's works with and without the studio, and their sound changes quite a bit.
Their voices don't change in timbre, but the instrumentation usually changes for the worse (obviously).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
I've got another version of it, which is 4:42 and definitely the same song, but sounds slightly... I dunno, harder?
I only see one version of Re-sublimity in the database... You sure it's not just an edit of the original and/or recorded off radio?
Old 2006-05-14, 08:22   Link #116
gae bolg

Send a message via MSN to gae bolg
i like her song "being"
gae bolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 12:19   Link #117
Akito

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I find that she just doesn't sound nice to me anymore without I've Sound backing her. You can hear the contrast very well between the two songs on the Hishoku no Sora single.
mmm, I wouldn't say that Kawada Mami isn't now backed by I've, maybe you notice the difference in the music arrangement, because generally all the latest Mami's songs are arranged by Nakazawa Tomoyuki that is one of the other arrangers and composers of I've. Generally the 'true' I've sound's taste is given by Kazuya Takase, his style is so original and characteristic that I believe that along the utahime that makes I've sound unique.

What I want to say, is that Kawada Mami is still part of I've sound, differently from SHIHO and MOMO that sadly have 'graduated' I've sound.

Favorite I've composer and Arranger: Kazuya Takase (he's the best!)

Besides this my I've favorite Utahime are:

1- Shimamiya Eiko -sensei
2- AKI
3- KOTOKO
4- MELL
5- Ayana
Akito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 15:09   Link #118
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito
mmm, I wouldn't say that Kawada Mami isn't now backed by I've, maybe you notice the difference in the music arrangement, because generally all the latest Mami's songs are arranged by Nakazawa Tomoyuki that is one of the other arrangers and composers of I've. Generally the 'true' I've sound's taste is given by Kazuya Takase, his style is so original and characteristic that I believe that along the utahime that makes I've sound unique.
For some reason, I could've sworn I read that Nakazawa Tomoyuki didn't compose the c/w song, but apparently I was mistaken. ^_^;
Old 2006-06-08, 15:39   Link #119
leona_senshi

Send a message via MSN to leona_senshi Send a message via Yahoo to leona_senshi
I think she sings preatty good I was at her concenrt at Anime Expo last year i thought that she was amazing.
Old 2006-06-08, 22:18   Link #120
Neosakai

Yay, a Kotoko thread.

I don't know if I am qualified to be call a "fan", since there's so much I don't know.

But hey, I have her autograph on her first album, Hane.

Though it cracked when I got home >____>

And then the next day I went to buy another copy to get that signed, but the CDs are gone! So I was like, what should I do?! I ended up getting some random business card signed because the guy infront of me asked if I have anything to sign with.

The funniest part: Kotoko looked at the business card before signing it.

So embarassing D:!
Neosakai is offline   Reply With Quote