AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 45 47.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 8.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-29, 07:57   Link #121
MezzoDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
Someone has to convince Satoko to leave the Hojo house and return to Rika's home. I understand that Satoko feels that her suffering under Teppei's abuse is atonement for Satoshi's disappearance. But that's just wrong.

The theme of trusting and confiding in one's friends is very strong in this series. The resolution lies in Satoko herself, and not in the Child Protective Service (or whatever it's called).

The answer also seems to lie in Rika seeking out the help of her friends and not abandoning herself to her fate.

Trust in your friends. Don't keep your own misery to yourself. Your friends may have answers that you yourself are unable to see. Hauuuu.

Can you believe in it?
So, the entire series is a lame after school special about friendship wrapped within a moe and murder package?
Old 2007-08-29, 08:53   Link #122
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Keiichi rambling about Oyashiro-sama really existing and clawing out his throat is enough to think he's mad. If they just wanted to remove the link between a syringe and Keiichi's madness then why remove the marker? I can't think of a logical explanation, aside from "for the hell of it"
well, if the marker is left, the police might deduce Rena and Mion aren't related to the murders at all. (Lots of people are supposed to know about Mion's pranks. if you add the marker, they might think Keiichi was dumb mad, while they tried a prank. If there isn't any marker, Keiichi's madness might be not the sole explanation for the murders)

i believe they left the tape around the clock to emphasis the "conspiracy" of the village, along with the ripped part of Keiichi's letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilon View Post
At the end of episode 26, when Rika's called by Oishii, is that a reference to anything or is it just there with no purpose at all?...
No purpose except to give an "open end" thing (as it is okay to loop all the time -__-"), and probably a definitive proof that Rika is reset the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MezzoDragon View Post
So, the entire series is a lame after school special about friendship wrapped within a moe and murder package?
*cough* it is only a theme, it doesn't resolved and it isn't centred like this heh...
Old 2007-08-29, 10:05   Link #123
MezzoDragon

Okay. Sorry for complaining.
Old 2007-08-29, 10:09   Link #124
MrZombie

Well then, I wonder really just how many episodes are left? Since surely we must be near Watanagashi by now. Anyone have an idea on what chapter the anime ended on and how many chapters total there are in Minagoroshi-hen?
Old 2007-08-29, 10:28   Link #125
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

There is ether 18 or 19 chapters left meaning the last episode ended ether on the 11th or 10th chapter
Old 2007-08-29, 10:47   Link #126
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Indeed, this TIPS and that one indicate this might be the Sonozaki, while Rina was having fun on her job location. I'm kinda concerned about what was shown on Mion and Keiichi's discussion during Tatarigoroshi-hen.
Ho well, looks like i stated something to hasty anyway.

Well, guess thats what happened to poor Rina this ep.

It does seem like Sonozaki or a branch of them was involved.
Old 2007-08-29, 12:31   Link #127
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
There is ether 18 or 19 chapters left meaning the last episode ended ether on the 11th or 10th chapter
Which means we'll probably see the end of Minagoroshi either this or next week...
Old 2007-08-29, 12:46   Link #128
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilon View Post
Which means we'll probably see the end of Minagoroshi either this or next week...
nope. there are 29 chapters in Minagoroshi-hen.
actually, the "chair" scene happened during Chapter 10 (damn... Birth and Death BGm works wonder here)
The "plan" with the child protection agency scene occurs during Chapter 11
The encounter with the Child Agency Attendant, and their "failure" chat happens in chapter 12

as you can see, chapters length aren't exactly constant. There are 17 chapters left then.
So i believe they will take at least 3-4 episodes more for Minagoroshi-hen.
3 is the strict minimum, as i don't see how they will finish Satoko's case, and the batshit later on within only 2 episodes. (Especially that the latter chapters are really dense and stuffed. Sheesh, the last 3 chapters require a whole episode by themselves. that means 14 chapters prior this in only 1 ep. impossible.)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-08-29 at 13:05.
Old 2007-08-29, 13:15   Link #129
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Quote:
nipa~! I don't think I'd call it lame. And as Klashikari said, that's a theme. It's not all ice cream and lollipops. Your comment made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that!
Old 2007-08-29, 13:46   Link #130
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
That was actually pretty funny.

And if you stopped watching after the first season, then yes it was.

But the second season takes the series in a slightly different direction -- who's killing Rika? Why is she being murdered?

In a few alternate worlds, we've seen that the population of Hinamizawa dies in what is termed a "volcanic gas eruption." Is that really the case? If not, then what's going on?
Old 2007-08-29, 20:38   Link #131
Fychan

Send a message via MSN to Fychan
Hey! After following this forum a while, I decided to register^^'
This episode was excelent! I'm just sad that I was already spoiled, and that I'm still spoiled...

And since you were talking about K1 delusions, there's something no one talked about and I think I missed something... Why the hell does Teppei revive on tatarigoshi? There's any hint already, and I missed it?

And there's only one thing that annoys me in that episode... K1's hand on 12:50. Urgh! x_x
Old 2007-08-29, 20:43   Link #132
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

He really did kill Teppei, Satako was just too lost at that point to realize that he was dead.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:45   Link #133
MrZombie

Edit: Darn you Sterling beat me to the punch.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:55   Link #134
Fychan

Send a message via MSN to Fychan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
He really did kill Teppei, Satako was just too lost at that point to realize that he was dead.
Hee... I'm sometimes just too naive to believe in everyone... Though I do remember K1 making sure that he was alive, it might be only his paranoid too...

Thankyou!^^'
Old 2007-08-29, 21:05   Link #135
MrZombie

And he couldn't find him nor the scouter he got rid of the night before, remember?
Old 2007-08-30, 03:22   Link #136
QuestionableLogic

Fychan:

Keiichi really did kill Teppei in Tatarigoroshi-hen.
It probably wasn't his imagination that the corpse was missing.

In Tsumihoroboshi-hen Rena killed Teppei and Rina.
Their bodies were moved by the Sonozakis.

So back to Tatarigoroshi-hen, we can assume Mion knew Keiichi was going to kill Teppei because he was behaving like Satoshi.
So she had the body moved.
Keiichi's friends made up him being at the festival to provide an alibi.
Old 2007-08-30, 03:29   Link #137
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

This episode was so ridiculous. The classroom fighting scene was just... awful, so out-of-character (well, this characters in this series act out-of-character so many times that maybe it doesn't count at all).
Old 2007-08-30, 03:32   Link #138
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableLogic View Post
So back to Tatarigoroshi-hen, we can assume Mion knew Keiichi was going to kill Teppei because he was behaving like Satoshi.
So she had the body moved.
Keiichi's friends made up him being at the festival to provide an alibi.
To add a comment about this: Keiichi literaly ask to Mion if she can do something, so Teppei would be the next target of the "curse".
Since Shion (and not mion) received the phone call and knew what happened to satoshi, she warned Mion, who just joined the 2 elements, and deduce Keiichi will bash Teppei to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
This episode was so lame and ridiculous. The classroom fighting scene was just... awful.
care to at least elaborate?
Old 2007-08-30, 05:40   Link #139
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Ι edited the post, saying that it the whole classroom scene was completely out-of-character, and it's ridiculous for kids to just decide that they're going to kill somebody. And the most ridiculous thing is that Shion hit Keiichi with the chair! Nice friends.

But what do I expect? I think that the mystery in the series is very intriguing, the whole idea of Rika's struggle through unlimited worlds, but the plot progression and the events are many times ridiculous, don't make sense, and are completely unrealistic.
Old 2007-08-30, 05:48   Link #140
MarthX

If you've seen the first season then you should know that there's something causing abnormal behavior. People clawing out their throats, hallucinating, hearing footsteps behind them when no one is there etc.
Closed Thread