AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-13, 23:21   Link #41
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Gilbert says he's a relative of Nagi, then how are Nagi and Sakuya related? (I'm not sure if this has been addressed in the more recent chapters)
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-06, 11:17   Link #42
yieloon

hey
anyone know the name of the song that is play during the butler network of episode34?
Old 2007-12-06, 21:31   Link #43
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yieloon View Post
hey
anyone know the name of the song that is play during the butler network of episode34?
That's Ayumu's character song. Believe it or not, that's Ayumu singing.
Called "Kimi ga Iru Kara ~Just Windy Love~"
Old 2007-12-07, 00:27   Link #44
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

In EP 9 where Hayate goes to the haunted part of Hakuou with Hina following, Risa, Miki, and Izumi are talking about Hina's flute and something about Hayate "working on it" (the flute). At first I thought it was talking about Hayate working his own "flute", with the mentioning of girl's gym shorts and what not, but the flute is actually Hina's? What exactly are they trying to say here?
Old 2007-12-07, 03:24   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
In EP 9 where Hayate goes to the haunted part of Hakuou with Hina following, Risa, Miki, and Izumi are talking about Hina's flute and something about Hayate "working on it" (the flute). At first I thought it was talking about Hayate working his own "flute", with the mentioning of girl's gym shorts and what not, but the flute is actually Hina's? What exactly are they trying to say here?
This is basically:

The "perversive" act of putting your lips to the flute, which has been in the mouth of the girl you like.

"Indirect Kiss" might be a better way of saying it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-07, 03:31   Link #46
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Ah...I see. Having played a wind instrument for 8 years I find that incredibly disgusting...but it's good to know. ;;

Thanks again serenade_beta!
Old 2007-12-24, 12:54   Link #47
sabret00the

Is it just me or has this gone completely downhill. It's a story of a combat butler who doesn't actually combat anything. It's one huge romance/comedy, where as the first episode promised fights and action. I'm really disillusioned to this to the point i don't even archive the episodes any more.
Old 2007-12-24, 12:59   Link #48
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Is it just me or has this gone completely downhill. It's a story of a combat butler who doesn't actually combat anything. It's one huge romance/comedy, where as the first episode promised fights and action. I'm really disillusioned to this to the point i don't even archive the episodes any more.
Sorry if you never noticed, but Hayate no Gotoku was never supposed to be an action series. The "combat butler" is somewhat of a misnomer from the mangaka. "Hayate no Gotoku" is literally translated as "like the wind" or something like that.

From the beginning, it was supposed to be comedy/parody. Notice that it parodies a lot of mecha (evangelion, TTGL, in recent episodes), which is where you derive a lot of the "action" elements.
Old 2008-01-24, 19:12   Link #49
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Sorry if you never noticed, but Hayate no Gotoku was never supposed to be an action series. The "combat butler" is somewhat of a misnomer from the mangaka. "Hayate no Gotoku" is literally translated as "like the wind" or something like that.

From the beginning, it was supposed to be comedy/parody. Notice that it parodies a lot of mecha (evangelion, TTGL, in recent episodes), which is where you derive a lot of the "action" elements.
When did it have parody to Gurren Lagann? I also got another question, why is Hinagiku so popular?
Old 2008-01-24, 20:55   Link #50
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Episode 39, IIRC they parodied Gurren Lagann, Gainax even helped with that episode's animation.

As for why Hina is so immensely popular....well, there are way too many reasons...
Old 2008-01-24, 21:01   Link #51
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
When did it have parody to Gurren Lagann? I also got another question, why is Hinagiku so popular?
Yeah 39, Gurren-Lagann look-a-like and the cast cosplaying as Simon, Kamina, and Yoko, I think.

Actually, I would also like to know why Hina is so popular. I thought I'd be the only one favoring Hina instead of the twin tails/zettai ryouiki/tsundere/loli/otaku that is Nagi (cute, but for some reason, not as cute as Hina). I don't even know why she appeals to me as a character...
Old 2008-01-24, 22:37   Link #52
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The Gurren-Lagann parody actually began with episode 38 with the appearance of *cough* "Viral." It's a two-parter together with the glorious episode 39 finishing the third season.

Quote:
Actually, I would also like to know why Hina is so popular. I thought I'd be the only one favoring Hina instead of the twin tails/zettai ryouiki/tsundere/loli/otaku that is Nagi (cute, but for some reason, not as cute as Hina). I don't even know why she appeals to me as a character...
According to my friend's brother's cousin's best friend, it's an international conspiracy by the N.H.K.

Otherwise she's just cool. Y'know, the perfect woman: independent, skilled, hard-working, smart, and most importantly a hottie, and yet still feminine (as opposed to the stereotypical feminazi). She's pretty much completely different to the average submissive or passive-aggressive (or plain psychotic) anime girls, which get a lil' sluggardly tiring after a while especially if you share the modern feminist sympathy to some extent.

That and the long pink hair methinks. In the end it's an opinion question though.
Old 2008-01-25, 08:31   Link #53
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
The Gurren-Lagann parody actually began with episode 38 with the appearance of *cough* "Viral." It's a two-parter together with the glorious episode 39 finishing the third season.

According to my friend's brother's cousin's best friend, it's an international conspiracy by the N.H.K.

Otherwise she's just cool. Y'know, the perfect woman: independent, skilled, hard-working, smart, and most importantly a hottie, and yet still feminine (as opposed to the stereotypical feminazi). She's pretty much completely different to the average submissive or passive-aggressive (or plain psychotic) anime girls, which get a lil' sluggardly tiring after a while especially if you share the modern feminist sympathy to some extent.

That and the long pink hair methinks. In the end it's an opinion question though.
You mean Guy Shishio . Alright that explains why I didn't see Gurren Lagann because I was up to only episode 35 when I asked that question. I suppose that explains why Hina is so popular.
Old 2008-02-02, 23:16   Link #54
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Yeah, for some reason, people like characters with pink hair. Take Rika from Gift, decent game, sub-par anime, yet I decided to watch it because Rika had pink hair. Also Miyuki from Lucky Star, though she's a meganekko, lowering her Moe power exponentially, people still like her pink hair.
Not many anime characters nowadays have pink hair, and the ones that do are usually lack every other moe trait (Naruto, Bleach), so Hinagiku is just great.
Old 2008-02-07, 18:22   Link #55
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

About Hinagiku, I don't know exactly why she's so popular, maybe because her beauty like many other characters? Somehow I think her looks the same as Naru from Love Hina....
But she's cool, isn't she? Very powerful and warm-hearted girl...

Question:
Why this series more like a superman-anime day after day? )
Old 2008-02-07, 23:55   Link #56
nammerboi

A lot of people including myself like hina so much cause she's just so.. cool : D

@Forte. Yeah i've been wondering that myself too =|
Old 2008-02-08, 07:11   Link #57
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Think this is the most appropriate place to ask such a thing. Does anyone remember which episode it was that Tama (tied up) got whipped by Sakuya? If someone even remember the time of the episode it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Old 2008-02-12, 01:00   Link #58
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Think this is the most appropriate place to ask such a thing. Does anyone remember which episode it was that Tama (tied up) got whipped by Sakuya? If someone even remember the time of the episode it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.
I think it was in episode 29.
Spoiler for episode details:
Old 2008-02-16, 18:06   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

In response to episode 42:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-23, 16:40   Link #60
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Simple question: This is slated to go 52 episodes, right?
Closed Thread