AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-02, 09:16   Link #4621
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

*nods her head in agreement*
The saddest happy ending I've ever seen, but still a happy ending. o.o
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 09:21   Link #4622
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Lelouch is happy. Like he told C.C. that she should be smiling when she dies and he died smiling So the ending is happy.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 12:44   Link #4623
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Lelouch is happy. Like he told C.C. that she should be smiling when she dies and he died smiling So the ending is happy.
The production staff has a history for contradictions. Whenever they say one thing, assume the opposite.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 16:48   Link #4624
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

As long as Lelouch is happy, C.C. is happy. And as long as C.C. and Lelouch are happy together, then SO AM I! >_>
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:23   Link #4625
Scarlett_Rain55

Why are 67 people rating this a 1? Some people are just ugh!
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:29   Link #4626
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
No... some people just do not like getting their own way. My advice is to just ignore the polls.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:30   Link #4627
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
This is nothing. You should see the Japanese side of ratings. Now that Lelouch was confirmed dead and all the 'theories' were shot down by Okouchi and Taniguchi, the rating has been dipping. People really, really hated Lelouch dying.
It went from "he got the code because of Nunally" with geass*net replying "The event was Nunally's own power." to "maybe he faked his death, that's why Sayako wasn't shown" to the death list not listing Sayako but plainly listing Lelouch as being killed. Think of any possible scenario and just about everyone of them has been addressed in some form or another.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 23:21   Link #4628
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
This is nothing. You should see the Japanese side of ratings. Now that Lelouch was confirmed dead and all the 'theories' were shot down by Okouchi and Taniguchi, the rating has been dipping. People really, really hated Lelouch dying.
It went from "he got the code because of Nunally" with geass*net replying "The event was Nunally's own power." to "maybe he faked his death, that's why Sayako wasn't shown" to the death list not listing Sayako but plainly listing Lelouch as being killed. Think of any possible scenario and just about everyone of them has been addressed in some form or another.
Lelouch was one of the most popular male anime characters of all time, no matter how you look at it him dieing is gonna go over badly with most people. Only thing I'm sad about with Lelouch dieing is him and C.C. being unable to get together now.
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 02:22   Link #4629
Charred Knight

Quote:
Where did you get this information?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 02:46   Link #4630
Sol Falling

Quote:
This is really kind of hilarious, and also kind of sad. I mean, Code Geass' ending is really the only good thing about the whole season. It should be more critically acclaimed than all the rest of it.

Unfortunately, the audience Code Geass attracted with its antihero harem lead just couldn't appreciate it. The crappiness of earlier writing even lead them to make a habit of taking wild speculation as truth. So now that we have official sources coming out to confirm the one thing which was consistently well done about this series (Lelouch's character development, culminating in his death)--which should have been obvious anyway--we've got whiny fanboys (and fangirls too, I'm sure) coming out to label it bad writing. *exasperation*
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 03:42   Link #4631
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
As long as Lelouch is happy, C.C. is happy. And as long as C.C. and Lelouch are happy together, then SO AM I! >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
Lelouch was one of the most popular male anime characters of all time, no matter how you look at it him dieing is gonna go over badly with most people. Only thing I'm sad about with Lelouch dieing is him and C.C. being unable to get together now.

i am agree with you...lelouch is the best male anime charater in all time...
that make me happy if lelouch and C.C have a happy live together...
not fear if lelouch didn't gets a happyness...lelouch is most anguish charater
in code geass..
Old 2008-11-03, 08:40   Link #4632
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
This is really kind of hilarious, and also kind of sad. I mean, Code Geass' ending is really the only good thing about the whole season. It should be more critically acclaimed than all the rest of it.

Unfortunately, the audience Code Geass attracted with its antihero harem lead just couldn't appreciate it. The crappiness of earlier writing even lead them to make a habit of taking wild speculation as truth. So now that we have official sources coming out to confirm the one thing which was consistently well done about this series (Lelouch's character development, culminating in his death)--which should have been obvious anyway--we've got whiny fanboys (and fangirls too, I'm sure) coming out to label it bad writing. *exasperation*
Not bad writing, nor bad ending. The only negative thing is the fact they killed Lelouch permanently. But then again, I wont believe their statement 100%

Now everything could have been different if they had kept their mouth shut. But unfortunately the staff could not resist on "yaping" and insisting on how Lelouch did die.
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 10:10   Link #4633
NyxOne

Okay, so we're back to not believing official statements in the vain hopes that a man destined to die in the show can live on and/or have eternal (selfish) happiness with C.C.

Nothing new, for some.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 10:17   Link #4634
Eliarine

Quoting my new pal Nogitsune here, "The ending looks open to me, so it is open. That's how I see it. " Of course official sources are going to confirm he's dead. That's how the show did end. But it still looks open to me whenever I watch it.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 10:40   Link #4635
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

The ending is open to the rest of the characters but Lelouch's story has ended, full stop. I don't see anything wrong for the staff to confirm his death. Rather than we have an endless speculation with no answer. It's just more on unhappiness on the fans parts.

I love Lelouch too but I'm happy for him to achieve what he needed to. Lelouch is happy. Lelouch had been selfish for not trying to achieve his own happiness but rather take this path but I like him because he is selfish this way. That makes him lovable.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.

Last edited by Pink-chan; 2008-11-03 at 10:55.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 14:52   Link #4636
darthfury78

Quote:
I had always believed that the decision to kill off Lelouch would make a lot of fans very angery. Due in part because the early stories in the first half R2 was a mostly a repeat of the first season Ashford Academy scenes. Second, the last half of R2 was rushed too quickly. So, I can see why everyone is so upset with this. I am sure that the Japanese fans are writing a lot of letters to Sunrise about this. They killed off a money maker for the company because Code Geass isn't the same without Lelouch. And to replace him with another character is doomed to fail. And there are a lot of unresolved issues with R2 overall.

The only real solution is to have a remake of R2 that includes all of the planned early episodes and expand the number of episodes that was given from 25 to 50. At least that's my opinion on this matter.
Old 2008-11-03, 15:18   Link #4637
NyxOne

And the only episode they had trouble with was Turn 1. Research before shit-spouting, please.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 17:20   Link #4638
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Okay, so we're back to not believing official statements in the vain hopes that a man destined to die in the show can live on and/or have eternal (selfish) happiness with C.C.

Nothing new, for some.
That's the thing, Lelouch all of a sudden wandering off is something that a complete jackass would do. " So Kallen thinks I am dead, Nunnaly blames herself for my death, and I have turned Suzaku's life into a living hell, who the hell cares I am free"
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 18:50   Link #4639
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
And the only episode they had trouble with was Turn 1. Research before shit-spouting, please.
I think that Turn 1 sould have been a one hour recap special of the first 25 episodes from R1, Dream Traveller.

This way, there would not have been any debate upon what might have been regarding R2. Nor the need to change anything.
Old 2008-11-03, 18:54   Link #4640
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I think that Turn 1 sould have been a one hour recap special of the first 25 episodes from R1, Dream Traveller.
Darth, if you want to get ANY respect from Nyx, you're gonna have to stop this shit of calling him someone he isn't.