AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-18, 05:44   Link #3381
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You can't balance a game around cheaters, this is a fact. But Blizzard is doing exactly that.
More like you can't balance a random earnings game around auction houses.

Frankly you might as well get rid of trade as well, just allow it for items that drop while you're in the instance and in the party and forbid it for every other case. Since every other case is either just a subtle way of spoiling the game for yourself or catering to auction-house-horing, 3rd parties, cheaters, etc

(if only PoE had come sooner)
Old 2012-08-18, 06:04   Link #3382
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
But the auction house is the only thing good about this game!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 06:25   Link #3383
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
But the auction house is the only thing good about this game!
I haven't played the game in months, just waiting for (a good) patch to come out so I can get back into it. The only thing about Diablo3 I give a damn about is playing some HC characters. Ironically the itemization in this game is what ruined the game for me, be it directly (auction house making everything you pick up look like shit) or indirectly (friends just doing mindless goblin runs, talking only about auction house, etc).

There should really be a button to create non-auction-house-characters. (If you're wondering why there needs to be a button; it's because there needs to be a separate stash!) The endless question, purge stash and do HC iron man runs, or... stick with "I'm not stupid, not going to remove shit I spend time on". God damn coin flips...

Now that I think of, there wasn't a auction house when they were testing, so I guess playing iron man is actually playing the game as it was intended to be played (or imagined it would be played like).

ps.

Q. Is there a positive-thinking D3 community out there? official forums are infested with whining mongrels.
Old 2012-08-18, 06:29   Link #3384
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
~~ Q. Is there a positive-thinking D3 community out there? official forums are infested with whining mongrels.
The official forums are actually quite a good source of information, but one would really need to develop a sort of zen about it and just zone out the drivel. Thread titles alone will generally indicate what sort of "content" it has. Generally speaking, any thread that begins with, "We Need To Talk, Blizzard" or such are to be avoided in order to preserve your sanity and avoid IQ-Suicide.

Cheers.
Old 2012-08-18, 06:46   Link #3385
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
I haven't played the game in months, just waiting for (a good) patch to come out so I can get back into it. The only thing about Diablo3 I give a damn about is playing some HC characters. Ironically the itemization in this game is what ruined the game for me, be it directly (auction house making everything you pick up look like shit) or indirectly (friends just doing mindless goblin runs, talking only about auction house, etc).

There should really be a button to create non-auction-house-characters. (If you're wondering why there needs to be a button; it's because there needs to be a separate stash!) The endless question, purge stash and do HC iron man runs, or... stick with "I'm not stupid, not going to remove shit I spend time on". God damn coin flips...

Now that I think of, there wasn't a auction house when they were testing, so I guess playing iron man is actually playing the game as it was intended to be played (or imagined it would be played like).

ps.

Q. Is there a positive-thinking D3 community out there? official forums are infested with whining mongrels.
Well, trading is a important part of the game, AH or not. It provides a secure outlet from trade windows scams (Which are terrible lately). And Diablo has always been about the loot, so it's only natural people talk about loot. And if anything the AH is better on hardcore actually, since death is a legit item sink though sadly my friends died to lag/rubberbanding so nobody will play hc with me anymore. :S

But yes, the itemization blows in that items are boring and have no lasting value.

And the official forums have always been full of trolls for the longest time, and the biggest fansites are just as full of bile. Honestly, you're best off just looking in this very thread.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-18, 07:02   Link #3386
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
And Diablo has always been about the loot, so it's only natural people talk about loot.
I remember when I took a break from it the talk had come to be something like "bouth a YYYYYY gold item for XXXXXX gold [...] my ZZZZ gold pants are better then the XXXX gold pants [...] found YYYYYY gold gloves [after mindless goblin farming]!". Some time later it went into "$$$$" talk. they should just have made it into some "goblin farmville" facebook game.
Old 2012-08-18, 13:21   Link #3387
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ i farm the Butcher more, so they should make me a "Butcher farmville!"

Quote:
ps.

it was actually fun seeing them post though. i thought the whiners were quite entertaining...well, some.

the D3 community here is ok. i dont think we whine much...maybe a little, but
we can be helpful if somebody needed help here. i guess the community here
is good.
Old 2012-08-18, 14:18   Link #3388
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I wasn't really questioning this thread; the community here is always pretty 90:10 signal to white-noise ratio.
Old 2012-08-18, 16:58   Link #3389
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
^ i farm the Butcher more, so they should make me a "Butcher farmville!"
Are bosses even worth doing these days? They do drop yellows but it's generally pretty awful. ivl55 or something
Quote:
it was actually fun seeing them post though. i thought the whiners were quite entertaining...well, some.
Yea, it's funny to see how people get worked up over a video game, and they keep trying to demean others. (I don't have good stuff because I have a life, or You people suck because you haven't this and that). If they were so confident in themselves, there's no need to bring it up. But naturally to say, it's fun trolling material. But don't cuss. You can apparently call Blizzard retarded monkeys, but you can't say "monsters were scared shitless"-- yes they deleted/temp banned me for that. Technically it can also be reported in game if someone was being a dick. Geez, Blizzard, this game is rated M for mature.

Oh, and nice avatar; that was my main reason for replying, not D3 XD.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-18, 20:22   Link #3390
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
You know, I just noticed that, for all Archon's complaints that his (monk) gear was rebuilt on the cheap, he STILL has better resists and DPS than I do. Go figure. :P

Hmm, now I need to get both my Wizard and Daemonhunter to Azmodan, so I can get to Act IV inferno already.
Old 2012-08-18, 21:58   Link #3391
Who

My friend recently made an Android app for the Auction House and wanted to promote it. It's free of cost to install as well. He'd also love feedback on the app as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...VscGVyZnJlZSJd
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 18:01   Link #3392
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...gs-on-diablo-3
One of the best interviews I have seen. Creator of Diablo speaking his thoughts on d3.
Sorry if this has been posted already.
Old 2012-08-19, 18:17   Link #3393
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...gs-on-diablo-3
One of the best interviews I have seen. Creator of Diablo speaking his thoughts on d3.
Sorry if this has been posted already.
Diablo 3 is not a bad game. If you never played the series, it's actually a decent game. But I think any true fan of the series would note that this game is very distant from what Diablo is about. The itemization in D1/D2 wasn't as black and white aka (<60 non jewelry = vendor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You know, I just noticed that, for all Archon's complaints that his (monk) gear was rebuilt on the cheap, he STILL has better resists and DPS than I do. Go figure. :P

Hmm, now I need to get both my Wizard and Daemonhunter to Azmodan, so I can get to Act IV inferno already.
Oh, my DPS was about the same as yours. I upgraded the weapon after beating act 4 and I sold that plan I found there-- before that I was using like a 820 dps 100 dex socketed dagger, so the total cost was still close to 3 mil. Now it's about 3 millions more. Probably not a great deal but given how much less I'll play the game, I didn't want to spend too much time hunting. Also, your armor and boots and pants are really good too.

Main things to work on is to get a socket in your helm for the +% life and get a shield with good blocking. I would tell you to aim for crit chance helm/bracers/gloves, but to get those and have double resists makes them really expensive and not needed until you get richer.

I tried out some pubbie games. There was this annoying monk with a 300 dps weapon. That's not the main problem-- he was afking a ton and nobody would boot. It seemed like he was just trying to leech quest, but whatever.

I was messing with cyclone strike, so demon hunters can easily take monsters down when I pull them all in.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-19, 23:41   Link #3394
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who plays Diablo for the story. And I loved D3's story, though I'm somewhat frustrated that a lot of the ideas for my old fanfic was used by D3.
Old 2012-08-19, 23:49   Link #3395
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Archon Wing: Actually I'm trying to find more stuff with LPS at this point, to make up for the really average LPS given by my Radiant Star Amethyst. I figure I can last longer (and tank better for my friends) against stuff like Desecrate or Plagued if I can get it to 1500-LPS or better. My shield is next on the list, so hopefully I can get a better deal in the next few days, THEN its on to my helmet.
Old 2012-08-20, 01:50   Link #3396
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who plays Diablo for the story. And I loved D3's story, though I'm somewhat frustrated that a lot of the ideas for my old fanfic was used by D3.
Despite the hate the D3 story (or Leah to be precise) has received in the offical forum, I liked it well enough. I would love an expansion that's about saving Leah and a final expansion showdown with *greater evil x* as a tag-team . Could even be a multi-stage battle where the "rescue" happens during the fight and she joins the fight during the last two or so "forms" of the enemy.
But, on the other hand I have yet to complete hell mode on one character due to multiple games which are more enjoyable since then.
Old 2012-08-20, 02:40   Link #3397
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Diablo 3 having a flawed story is never a deal breaker for me. Still, as others said, there are other games to play that are better. I am no longer certain I would come back after the next patch, though I probably will take a look when the expansion appears.
Old 2012-08-20, 04:52   Link #3398
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Act 1 I'll give you. It was brilliant. It got us back into the world in a nice callback to act 1 in Diablo 2 in atmosphere. Act 2 and Act 3... not as much. Belial's plan was silly, and Azmodan broadcasting his stuff to you was tactically unsound. Sure, his sin is pride and the essence of D in Leah might have caused it, but it's still poor.

Act 4 is pretty epic, and the ending was heartwarming in a way. Unfortunately, it's too short, and that's actually the real strike against the story-- it's not long enough.

Best story was probably Diablo 1, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Archon Wing: Actually I'm trying to find more stuff with LPS at this point, to make up for the really average LPS given by my Radiant Star Amethyst. I figure I can last longer (and tank better for my friends) against stuff like Desecrate or Plagued if I can get it to 1500-LPS or better. My shield is next on the list, so hopefully I can get a better deal in the next few days, THEN its on to my helmet.
Hmm, speaking of that, maybe I should blow some gold making a radiant star, but I'm not keen on how much it costs. I guess I have one Star one in my weapon right now. And those damned tomes.

Plagued maybe. Desecrate, don't even bother. If you really want to up your life sustain, then you might want to stalk the AH for a dagger and maybe attack speed stuff. The faster you attack, the way more effective life on hit is. I guess I don't have much myself-- I really only have attack speed from my rings, but they sure helped.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-20, 11:21   Link #3399
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

@Archon_Wing: thanks, i got that avatar way back sometime ago when i was
still lurking around animesuki. i got it somewhere in the Kanon section.

Jay Wilson posted this today:

new Paragon system.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6968...stem-8_20_2012

wow, i like this one. now magic finding is better...i think. and you can look forward to do something
more after you're level 60. leveling up Paragon! pretty cool idea. i hope this will makes a lot
of people to continue having fun while hunting for rares and legendaries.
Old 2012-08-20, 11:42   Link #3400
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not sure how I should feel about this, as the system makes you feel like you have to focus on 1 character instead of playing whatever you wants. It could be good, but it also feel like a grindfest when you look at the final bonus.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler