AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 16:29   Link #861
Kazu-kun

Kind of a letdown that Mayuyu (Chieri) didn't get to sing with the others at the end.

Oh, well, maybe next time.
Old 2012-05-20, 17:09   Link #862
Raiga
tl;dr

Dear Makoto's VA,

Please enunciate. ;_;

Love, a lowly translator

Well, not as exciting as episode 3, but we got some dark backstory and two new characters. And tranny (?) dance instructor who is pretty awesome.

Also, Chieri is adorable in the mornings.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:27   Link #863
mochichan

i haven't seen the sub yet but was there a fight about Kanata's height being too tall to stand in the front?
LOL...if so then that's hilarious since she's look like the"spiritual successor" of Midget Takamina, with the ribbon and ponytail hairstyle.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 18:37   Link #864
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
i haven't seen the sub yet but was there a fight about Kanata's height being too tall to stand in the front?
LOL...if so then that's hilarious since she's look like the"spiritual successor" of Midget Takamina, with the ribbon and ponytail hairstyle.
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2012-05-20, 19:08   Link #865
Kazu-kun

Quote:
No I don't think so. The coach called Sonata "midget" but that had nothing to do with Kanata.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-05-20 at 19:32.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 19:51   Link #866
sa547
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-20, 20:56   Link #867
mochichan

Ohh~ got it.
the fact that kanata's dad died because of DES make this shizz more serious D:
I think there's a 2nd season right?
so first one will be about girls journey to become real AKB members and the 2nd arc will be them fighting DES i guess since they can't really be "guerrillas" forever. I want to see how this would go and hopefully it's not some cheesy stuffs like standing before the army and sing and their power of music change the soldier hearts...:P
Old 2012-05-20, 21:11   Link #868
sa547
*Author

Quote:
I think there's a 2nd season right?
At least according to Thomas Romain, there will be two separate 12-episode portions.
Old 2012-05-20, 23:20   Link #869
mochichan

oh good~
since there's complain about the CG, they can just fix it in 2nd season.
Old 2012-05-21, 00:28   Link #870
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
oh good~
I doubt they will,odds are they're using CG due to the short schedule they're on,that's not going to change so I doubt the CG is going to go away.

Small correction while I'm at it,there's two 13 episodes seasons planned
Old 2012-05-21, 00:33   Link #871
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The solid model CG figures looked incredibly cheesy, or was I missing something? I know Satelight likes to use 3D, but in this case it looked like their reach exceeded their grasp, or more likely their budget. I'd prefer they just draw 2D dance sequences rather than the crappy 3D they used here. Watching it again the transitions from 3D to 2D are especially awkward. Overall I thought the quality of the artwork in this episode was a step down from the previous ones, leaving aside the 3D stuff. As a cute-girls-doing-cute-things type of episode, it didn't really need the A-team of animators.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 02:31   Link #872
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The solid model CG figures looked incredibly cheesy, or was I missing something? I know Satelight likes to use 3D, but in this case it looked like their reach exceeded their grasp, or more likely their budget. I'd prefer they just draw 2D dance sequences rather than the crappy 3D they used here. Watching it again the transitions from 3D to 2D are especially awkward. Overall I thought the quality of the artwork in this episode was a step down from the previous ones, leaving aside the 3D stuff. As a cute-girls-doing-cute-things type of episode, it didn't really need the A-team of animators.
I'm not surprised with some viewers having issues with CG dance sequences since Stage 01. I feel Satelite wanted to go a step further than Macross Frontier, even if the extensive use of CG can cause much criticism.

Again, 2D would have been a good choice (and A1 has cut their teeth on IM@S, easily earning them accolades), but requires static backgrounds and be damn sure get the choreography right to a millimeter (I think Satelite wanted to make the dance moves as faithful to the PVs and live performances, and trying to make the show be apart from others in the same category), whereas in this case they had panning shots for 3D concert scenes that they thought CG would be faster and better off economically than eating too much time spent drawing dance moves on cels.

Instead, what I'm more interested in is the storytelling, where the journey matters more than the destination: can the girls earn their happiness in the end?
Old 2012-05-21, 05:11   Link #873
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Man I felt so bad for those 2 understudies.

They had sing acapella as an opening act with some super slow song. Of course it wouldn't work . Not really a matter of being good or bad performers .

But wow shit just went up a level. So people DO die from AKB0048 and DES fighting. Stage 01 made it seem like there was no collateral damage. Does seem kind of silly to die for entertainment though.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 05:23   Link #874
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I love the tranny (!?) dance instructor. I literally jumped when he spoke for the first time. Didn't see it coming, lol

I also expected them to say the 75th generation was cursed and died, but turns out it wasn't that bad.
Chieri, I like her. She's harsh but I think that kind of stuff she says ultimately helps people. So I'm just rolling my eyes at Nagisa and Yuuka being down on her... it's not as if she isn't just saying the truth. What is she supposed to do, tell the girls it's okay that they suck and give them a back massage? xD This is business not preschool, those cosy rooms and personal cook don't come for free.
Plus, she's well aware that she might face problems similar to Kanata, what with not being able to make Kirara glow. Good catch on the possible EVA reference, sa547, I missed that.

And
Spoiler for Aachan:
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 05:23   Link #875
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
oh good~
Or fix it by the BD release.
Old 2012-05-21, 05:29   Link #876
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
I love the tranny (!?) dance instructor. I literally jumped when he spoke for the first time. Didn't see it coming, lol

I also expected them to say the 75th generation was cursed and died, but turns out it wasn't that bad.
Chieri, I like her. She's harsh but I think that kind of stuff she says ultimately helps people. So I'm just rolling my eyes at Nagisa and Yuuka being down on her... it's not as if she isn't just saying the truth. What is she supposed to do, tell the girls it's okay that they suck and give them a back massage? xD This is business not preschool, those cosy rooms and personal cook don't come for free.
Plus, she's well aware that she might face problems similar to Kanata, what with not being able to make Kirara glow. Good catch on the possible EVA reference, sa547, I missed that.

And
Spoiler for Aachan:

Yea that scene was a little ridiculous. If Chieri had taken the spot from Kanata, the girls who have been pissed. So she declines the position in the most diplomatic way possible and the girls are pissed anyway.

Chieri did nothing wrong. She didn't even say anything offensive in the slightest. These girls make no sense I swear.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 06:18   Link #877
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Yea that scene was a little ridiculous. If Chieri had taken the spot from Kanata, the girls who have been pissed. So she declines the position in the most diplomatic way possible and the girls are pissed anyway.

Chieri did nothing wrong. She didn't even say anything offensive in the slightest. These girls make no sense I swear.
Well, I guess they think it's harsh and hurts her feelings and nonsense like that. If Kanata is crap, it's everyone's duty to tell her she's crap and it's her job to either fix it or leave.
It's really the girls who leave her be who are hurting her by pretending she's great anyways. These two pulled the same nonsense on the anime AKB last episode when they were telling each other off (and the real AKB is big on this too), only to be told that's how this works. Clearly they didn't get the message at all.
It's realistic though, that the girls start out with horrible work ethics and presumably improve during the show.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 06:31   Link #878
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Or fix it by the BD release.
Do you realize how much it would cost to reanimate all that shit sans CG? Heck even Sunrise are doing the same thing with their idolmaster ripoff anime...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 06:58   Link #879
zettai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
2D is expensive, better make cheap 3D dance than really bad 2D sequences like manglobe on World only god knows if they has a short budget.

2D is so better than 3D, I don't think they chosen 3D because they like it.
zettai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 07:07   Link #880
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post

Like you, I don't see why any of them can object to what Chieri said, and the conversation between her and Nagisa in the bathroom doesn't clarify matters either. Chieri didn't even criticize Kanata's dancing and said she had a lot yet to learn from her senpais. Frankly I think the whole portrayal seems a bit sexist; it makes the reactions of the rest of the girls look stupid and over-emotional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettai View Post
2D is so better than 3D, I don't think they chosen 3D because they like it.
Did you ever watch Noein? Even six years ago Satelight was big on 3D. In that show the house of the main character was rendered in 3D, and it appeared in a number of episodes.

Just to be clear my objections were to the practice room session. I'm generally fine with the regular dance scenes like the one during the stage performance.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime