AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-19, 02:05   Link #1
Nameless

Current: Black Lagoon and Gun X Sword, any related suggestions?

What I've seen/am watching:
Mai Hime/Otome (Both)
Naruto (Stopped)
Bleach (Break from it)
Fate Stay/Night
All the older stuff (Gundam Seed/D, Tenjou Tenge, Evangelion, Hellsing, other stuff)
Trinity Blood
One Piece
X1999
Gate Keepers
Galaxy Express/Captain Harlock

What I'm considering:
Blood +
Hunter x Hunter (Yeah I know, I haven't seen it yet)
Rumble School (A lot of girls and I like it to be mixed male/female, with exception of Mai Hime/Otome just cuz Natsuki is so <3333333333)

Notes:
Nothing with a heavy romance influence, unless it's either: Boy hooks up with girl, boy doesn't hook up with girl but the romance has NO huge impact on the story or the romance has nothing to do with the main character. I had a huge problem with F S/N's ending because I didn't feel like the hero was rewarded for his sacrifice.
NO TSUKIHIME
I'd prefer no drastic difference of power between main hero and main villain, vice versa or any other variation, unless the progression of strength is gradual and not radical. For example: Fist of the North Star, Dragon Ball, sometimes Naruto.
I liked Bleach because even when people lost, the difference in power wasn't that drastic, until Captain Aizen happened, but with him it was understandable because his power was kept hidden and that's never happened in Soul Society before.

I appreciate any suggestions, and I hope I'm not too picky. I rarely ask for suggestions and I'm just really dry on anime right now. I also heard Black Lagoon is only going to be 12 episodes and that really disheartened me.
Old 2006-06-19, 02:17   Link #2
jedinat

Trigun - Has a similar atmosphere to Gun X Sword, but without the crappy mecha. And it's like 1,000 times better to boot.
I just noticed "All the older stuff", so you've prolly seen it.

Then I guess I'd be safe with some ongoing anime:
The Third - a nice action, girl-with-sword series
Witchblade - looks really nice so far. i like the whole mother/daughter thing
Well... for more you can check out a few of the recent threads I've already posted my fav ongoing anime in

Definitely check out Blood+. It's my fav ongoing anime, and I'm watching about 20 right now.
Old 2006-06-19, 02:21   Link #3
Nameless

Haha, should've mentioned. I've seen Trigun and I'm watching Witchblade, I like it a lot. It's still very early though and not a lot of episodes out.

I'll definitely check out Blood+.

I was thinking of Wolf's Rain but honestly, I made a mistake with that anime and I'm probably very jaded from it. When I first downloaded it, I downloaded episodes 1-16 in a batch and put them on WMP and watched it while I was laying down with my ex girlfriend. The problem was lol, I put the playlist on random and I didn't even know, so 3 hours later we're sitting there going "WTF is going on? I"M SOOOO CONFUSED".
Old 2006-06-19, 02:29   Link #4
jedinat

lol, well I liked Wolf's Rain. But I have no idea how good it really is. It was my very first anime and I watched it the beginning of last year. I started watching a couple episodes on Adult Swim and thought "hey, this is cool" and looked online to see if I could dl it somewhere . And here I am now, 5,000 episodes later, jobless, bad grades in school, antisocial. I wish I could blame it on just anime
Old 2006-06-19, 02:38   Link #5
Nameless

Yeah, it's funny too because, I'm not the typical anime person, you know?

http://myspace-125.vo.llnwd.net/0003...30473125_l.jpg

Yet for some reason, it's so freakin hard to get an anime girl on a date, because I think they're influenced by the characters they watch in anime. So if they like a guy, they won't talk to him, on purpose. They'll be distant, act uninterested but get mad when you go on dates with other people. It's like "damn it, stop pretending you're in an anime!"

Yeah, my transition was probably the same as yours, only I still have school/work/friends to deal with and sometimes I wish I could just lock myself in my room and watch anime all day...

You want out, I want in.
Old 2006-06-19, 02:49   Link #6
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Try watching:

+ Shakugan No Shana: has action and romance. slightly less on the light hearted side but it's one of the best.

+ Madlax: if you like shooting (which I know because you watched Black Lagoon), then try this one. complex story and cool characters.

+ Noir: same as Madlax except this anime is older than Madlax (not too old anyway)

+ Black Cat: excellent story. so many fight scenes. has comedy and magical stuffs.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-06-19, 03:05   Link #7
g0jira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Yeah, it's funny too because, I'm not the typical anime person, you know?

http://myspace-125.vo.llnwd.net/0003...30473125_l.jpg

Yet for some reason, it's so freakin hard to get an anime girl on a date, because I think they're influenced by the characters they watch in anime. So if they like a guy, they won't talk to him, on purpose. They'll be distant, act uninterested but get mad when you go on dates with other people. It's like "damn it, stop pretending you're in an anime!"

Yeah, my transition was probably the same as yours, only I still have school/work/friends to deal with and sometimes I wish I could just lock myself in my room and watch anime all day...

You want out, I want in.

this was the worst Pic-drop I've ever seen -.-
Old 2006-06-19, 03:11   Link #8
Nameless

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0jira
this was the worst Pic-drop I've ever seen -.-
Who's the dumb one, the one posting a pic, or the moron clicking on it?

If I'm selling a bail of goods, you don't have to buy it.

Thanks for the suggestions Cyz, I'll definitely check those out.
Old 2006-06-19, 03:13   Link #9
g0jira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless

If I'm selling a bail of goods, you don't have to buy it.

Thanks for the suggestions Cyz, I'll definitely check those out.
Obviously the one stating that the other one called it dumb
Old 2007-10-25, 13:08   Link #10
SGT.Mitsuki
I'm Darker Than Black
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
LOOOOOOOOL
Closed Thread