Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-06-21, 18:24   Link #21
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7EV3n
Winter Sonata?? is it about the guy who lost his memory and he still fall in love with the girl??
It's interesting that "Fuyu no Sonata" (Japanese title fo the Korean hit drama) is very popular in Japan to Japanese females right now, even though it aired in South Korea a while back.

Well, to get back at the American dramas, the only shows that I have seen were "Full House," "Sex and the City" "The X-Files," and "Ally McBeal." I thought they were interesting, but then when you come to think of them, most of these stories takes place indoors. Why is that?

Oh and one person mentioned how "real" the characters are on our drama. Well, are you referring to the characteristics of the characters or how the characters physically look? If it is the former, well that's because most of the dramas are based on novels and (ever increasingly) mangas that deal with real-to-life situations. The latter, well I am certain this is same as in your country - good looking guys and girls will be shown on TV.

Oh, I get it now. Maybe it is that reason that our dramas are based on novels and manga stories that gives out the unique-ness. If I am not mistaken, most of the dramas in your country are written be a group of writers in the TV studios, right? Perhaps the appeal is that our dramas have the sense of rapport to the viewers as they are based on something that is already written than an indirect input of what the viewers want as in your country's series.

Good show to ponder about. Thanks.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 19:12   Link #22
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
Quote:
Winter Sonata?? is it about the guy who lost his memory and he still fall in love with the girl??
Yes, that's the one. The second drama in the series named after a season. (Autumn, Winter, Summer... Will there be a Spring?)

I'm planning to watch Beautiful Days (another Choi Ji Woo drama) soon.

But first, I'll finish Fire Boys (after the hilarious Water Boys).
Old 2004-06-21, 19:20   Link #23
S7EV3n
Music is my LIFE~!

Do you watch them in Japanese or Korean??
anyways My recommendation will be the K Movie '...ing' 'my sassy girl' and Piano
i wonder if any of them are avaliable in Japan
S7EV3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 20:09   Link #24
Secca
nya`
*Artist

K drama any good? I never seen those before. Meteor Garden is Taiwan right?

I kinda grow up watching HK and Singaporean drama, my mom loves these stuffs. ^^

The first J drama I ever saw was Tokyo Love Story, it was my first exposure to real japanese culture. It was very good, that I keep wanting more. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 20:55   Link #25
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
Oh yeah, I almost always watch movies or drama in their original language (with subtitles).

I saw My Sassy Girl. Quite funny.

My favorite J-Actor: 長瀬智也 (Nagase Tomoya) J-Actress: 竹内結子 (Takeuchi Yuko)

(Yeah, the influence from Mukodono is evident. )
Old 2004-06-21, 21:24   Link #26
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I just downloaded a new episode being subbed by Japanese-TV called "Orange Days". I thought the first episode was pretty good. It fits into the "Person with a disability who can get no one to fall in love with them finds true love and opens up their heart" genre (Like A Beautiful Life).

Also I forgot to mention Koukou Kyoushi. I find that to be a worthwhile watch as well
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 21:35   Link #27
S7EV3n
Music is my LIFE~!

hehe
Tokyo love story is like from 10years ago :O

by the way ~! how do you sub animes and stuffs...is it hard??
S7EV3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 21:44   Link #28
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
hehe
Tokyo love story is like from 10years ago :O

by the way ~! how do you sub animes and stuffs...is it hard??
lol don't say that. I feel so old now. >_<;;

I grow up idolizing the stars of that show. Funny thing I never know their name, I just know their face and if they play on another series I recognize their face imediately.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 01:58   Link #29
Zyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
K drama any good? I never seen those before. Meteor Garden is Taiwan right?

I kinda grow up watching HK and Singaporean drama, my mom loves these stuffs. ^^

The first J drama I ever saw was Tokyo Love Story, it was my first exposure to real japanese culture. It was very good, that I keep wanting more. ^^
Ahh, Tokyo Love Story. Adapted from a manga by Fumi Saimon, one of my fav mangaka. Her mangas are very suitable for live action shows. Reminds me of another series, called "Shunpei" I think.

Some K dramas are pretty good. There's one old one about modelling (lots of good lookers, ahem). There's another one about a lingerie marketing dept. Very interesting. The marketing ideas they come up with and the politicking keeps you glued to the series.

Meteor Garden is Taiwan. Adapted from manga Hana Yori Dango. The manga and even the anime is much better.
Zyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 18:23   Link #30
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
古っ!っていうか古すぎてマジなつかしい~
Uhhh.... what does that mean?

I found some CDs on the internet and they have samples. I think the piano version of "say yes" is much, much better!!! I don't mean that chagne & Aska was bad. In fact, they did a great job. I can see why they were made famous because of the song. I just like the piano version better. Now all I have to do is to find CDs that have the piano version of "say yes." I mean piano only, not the instrumental version with symphony orchestra. thanks.
This is off topic so I will stop now.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 18:48   Link #31
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Oh, I get it now. Maybe it is that reason that our dramas are based on novels and manga stories that gives out the unique-ness. If I am not mistaken, most of the dramas in your country are written be a group of writers in the TV studios, right? Perhaps the appeal is that our dramas have the sense of rapport to the viewers as they are based on something that is already written than an indirect input of what the viewers want as in your country's series.

Good show to ponder about. Thanks.
I think that maybe part of what I was thinking, because I was thinking that J-dramas have more of a "long movie" feel rather than a "tv show" feeling. So overall series length and sorce of the script probably leads to this.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 20:43   Link #32
Triple zZz
Oyasumi ^3^

Jdrama

Is there many groups out there subbing jdrama..??

and.. Is there a site like animesuki but for jdrama..??

coulnd't find many.. so came here for a little help

thanks in advance..
Triple zZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 22:20   Link #33
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

http://www.d-addicts.com/
Elepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 22:47   Link #34
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepsis
Thanks. I have been getting a few shows from http://drama.afraid.org/bt/japan-tv/ , but they have been having troubles with their BT site the past week. So it has been hard to get anything from there. And they changed their IRC address, but the new one posted on the site, so back to the site being down.

And d-addicts even have some more Bus Stop Episodes.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 23:00   Link #35
Grave

u guys can always try http://www.jdorama.com/
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 20:15   Link #36
andygman

anyone know any BT sites for Japanese TV shows?

Hey, I'm a newbie here, stumbled upon it while looking for a site where i could d/l J tv shows for my wife (who's Japanese!) Does anyone know any BT sites for Japanese TV shows? (not just anime but weekly dramas etc.) i'd really appreciate any info. we're living in Canada and my wife is going thru withdrawls! (especially Ainori!) thanks, look forward to replies!
andygman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 20:19   Link #37
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Use google.com. It's easier and faster than asking us.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 21:19   Link #38
andygman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Use google.com. It's easier and faster than asking us.
thanks for the invaluable info Razer_2mb, you are sooo helpful!
too bad abortion can't be retroactive!
Old 2004-11-28, 21:30   Link #39
7thMethuselah

Well, the main site has a number of live action shows, apart from that I can't help you
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 23:27   Link #40
andygman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Well, the main site has a number of live action shows, apart from that I can't help you
cool, thanks for your info 7thMethuselah! it's heartening to hear that there are some nice people in this forum, not just dull blades!
btw, i stumbled into this forum via google, are there many Japanese in this forum or is it mainly English speakers? (it's the Japanese that can speak English I'd like to talk to about Japanese Bit Torrent sites!)
thx
ps. if you're like razer_rm6 (or whatever his name is) and don't have any info (a.k.a. clueless) please disregard this thread!