AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-29, 15:26   Link #381
Vinley

There is an unspoken rule for this, and I will give it a made up name and number.

Creed S12:it is impossible for a male protagonist to have intercourse with the female lead or any one in particular due to the fact that it might cause akward moments and snags in other relationships, however, it can be done with enough foresight to avert awkwardness to hilarity.

Also what about the others? It is a sure thing that rias will get issei's first time, unless he gets raped by akeno, and if the Later does occur then it will cause some drama and tears, unsuited for this story.

It is safe to assume he stays like this for a while, I just pretend that the happy H doujins happen around volume 18, also, there is a also an unspoken rule to stay a certain rating, I just don't know what highschool dxd is rated. 18?

Prepare for more unbelievable cockblocks and hilarity!
Old 2012-12-29, 17:45   Link #382
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Y'know what would be very awesome? If Ise stopped nosebleeding, yearning for breasts, or dreaming about having sex with the girls and just goes rambo on them. I'd perfectly understand that he can bed them whenever he wants, yet it's funny that he never had a single opportunities to do so. Honestly i find it strange that all pervert male leads with great fondness of women always chicken out whenever the reckoning comes.
God, please don't turn this LN preachy and falling into usual thing like many harem stories i've read thus far . . .
Aside from what @ReaperxKingx.
You seem to forget that Ise from was scared of girls from the end of volume 1 to the middle of volume 10. To be exected after what Yuma/Reynalle did and said to him. Ise has stated on multiple occasions that does not want to anything weird or strange to the girls that will cause them to hate him. IIRC all of the erotic situations were instigate by the girls not him.(Although he was more then will to participate )
Another reason why Ise has never made a move on them(particularly Rias and Akeno) was because at the start of his relationships with them they constantly teased and played with him in erotic ways. This unfortunately for them(Rias and Akeno) stuck with Ise. When they became serious about him it was a bit too late, in his mind all their advances toward him were just them playing with him or teasing.

Since you brought up the subject of his constant nosebleeds, has anybody stop to consider aside from the comedic effect of a erotic situation those nosebleeds may be a physical responses to fear. A fear of being hurt by the girls(which they would never do)the same way Yuma/Reynalle hurt him.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-12-30 at 02:51.
Old 2012-12-30, 01:41   Link #383
Vinley

Thought that his issues were cleared up in chapter 10, y'know when akeno, koneko, And Asia make him realize his problem, hugged him, ect. He cried some, more hugs. Then he got some resolve,motivation,reveilation, the whole epiphany pack.

Didnt that solve his problems? Just thought everything before was explained and everything after was basic bad timing.
Old 2012-12-30, 01:46   Link #384
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinley View Post
Thought that his issues were cleared up in chapter 10, y'know when akeno, koneko, And Asia make him realize his problem, hugged him, ect. He cried some, more hugs. Then he got some resolve,motivation,reveilation, the whole epiphany pack.

Didnt that solve his problems? Just thought everything before was explained and everything after was basic bad timing.
It like therapy, one session isn't enough to cure it. Ise need more time, I say he is quite fortunate to reach that stage thus far. Any other person would most likely wouldn't find the time to develop relationship with girls while fighting Legendary fighters and Heroic Terrorists.

First stage is to recognize the problem, then figure out how to solve it, and finally take action to solve it. Ise only figure out step 1.
Old 2012-12-30, 01:52   Link #385
sky black swordman

^ Agreed.
In volume 11 Ise was still hesitant to ask Rias to go out on a date with him if he passed his promotion test.
Old 2012-12-30, 02:25   Link #386
The Green One

Yes, Issei's trauma with Reynalle isn't something that is just going to go away all at once. The comforting scene in volume 10 was definitely a big step in the right direction and finally got his pain out in the open and gave him some much needed reassurance, but it's still going to take time for him to really get anywhere.

His habit for second guessing the girl's advances on him is one of the current problems and an understandable one like previous posters mentioned. Still they're slowly but steadily working their way through it, and once the girl's stop interrupting each other's moments nature will take it's course soon enough.

Naturally of course we're impatient but it'll be worth it in the end.

Probably....
Old 2012-12-30, 03:39   Link #387
Chris38

Ise's trauma, at least gives us a pretty reasonable reason why Ise's relationship with the girls in his harem.

And let's face it, the longer it takes, for Ise to develop relationships with the girls in his harem, the longer the novels are going to last.

Since, obviously, after each of the main heroine's achieve their happy ending, the novel would end, since Ise would achieve his objective of becoming the harem king, and there wouldn't be much for the author to write about.

So, at the current moment, I don't mind at all, that it takes so much time for Ise, to develop relationships with the girls around him, since it means that, we will still get a lot of volumes, before the novels will end.
Old 2012-12-30, 04:45   Link #388
Mars Mode

as long as is "Slowly but surely, we will get there" and not stagnant
Old 2012-12-30, 11:10   Link #389
GundamFan

We know that Akeno and the girls had a conversation with Rias after there little therapy session with Issei which somewhat smoothed things over between Issei and Rias so we can safely assumed they discussed with Rias the emotional scars Issei had from his first girlfriend. Also Issei has made some progress he is now dating Rias and calling her by her actaul name.
Old 2012-12-30, 11:18   Link #390
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
We know that Akeno and the girls had a conversation with Rias after there little therapy session with Issei which somewhat smoothed things over between Issei and Rias so we can safely assumed they discussed with Rias the emotional scars Issei had from his first girlfriend. Also Issei has made some progress he is now dating Rias and calling her by her actaul name.
although its not shown I suspect Rias actually knew all about the trauma with Reynalle well before the therapy session but she knew full well that she alone couldn't fix it
Old 2012-12-30, 12:38   Link #391
rozenwish

just spin around on the author blog.
look like vali team only have the cup noodle as dinner if le fay not around.
issei harem gonna have some power up
Old 2012-12-30, 12:52   Link #392
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Good thing is, Ise's trouble with Nosebleed maybe improved. That side story of the Onsen with Grayfia shown that Ise manage to withheld his nosebleed. Ise said it himself that Grayfia's body surpassed that of Rias, Ise manage to keep his nosebleed down.
Old 2012-12-30, 13:35   Link #393
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
although its not shown I suspect Rias actually knew all about the trauma with Reynalle well before the therapy session but she knew full well that she alone couldn't fix it
Issei's put up a pretty good smoke screen concerning his fear of women due to his lustful nature. Also I have a hard time believing Rias would have approached him in the bathroom the way she did or gotten as up setup as she did if she'd realized how emotionally screwed up he still was from the Raynare incident.

On a completely unrelated topic I'm wondering if Issei with his new dragon god body might have enough magical powers in him now that he can use Dividing Gear without losing any of his life.
Old 2012-12-30, 13:42   Link #394
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Good thing is, Ise's trouble with Nosebleed maybe improved. That side story of the Onsen with Grayfia shown that Ise manage to withheld his nosebleed. Ise said it himself that Grayfia's body surpassed that of Rias, Ise manage to keep his nosebleed down.
Agree and I think this is good.(I mean about the nosebleed).

Quote:
Issei's put up a pretty good smoke screen concerning his fear of women due to his lustful nature. Also I have a hard time believing Rias would have approached him in the bathroom the way she did or gotten as up setup as she did if she'd realized how emotionally screwed up he still was from the Raynare incident.

On a completely unrelated topic I'm wondering if Issei with his new dragon god body might have enough magical powers in him now that he can use Dividing Gear without losing any of his life.
Rias don't know about Isse trauma otherwise she would have tried something to help him to solve the problem/trauma.
The girls find out about that in that vol when they try to fix the problem and help him a big deal.
Old 2012-12-30, 15:14   Link #395
The Green One

You have to remember that when it comes to romance Rias is just as inexperienced. It might be hard to tell due to her playfully teasing nature, but she has her own insecurities about the relationship and Issei's understandable periods of denseness were making her uneasy and worried about the status of his feelings for her. She can't read his mind and is constantly wondering if her real advances are getting through to him or if it's just simply his "perverted nature" toward women in general because it's hard for her to tell.

The fact that he wouldn't call her Rias at first sowed the fear in her that he really doesn't see her as something truly special beyond the general nice guy attitude he shows toward the girls in the club in general.

There's also the other girl's advances on Issei, sure it's played for comedy but if you read between the lines you can see Rias is earnestly worried that one of them could successfully steal him from her. Especially Akenko if she managed to pop Issei's cherry before she manages it.

So yeah Rias has her own issues with building the relationship too which is part of the reason she wasn't able to fully realize just how badly the trauma from Reynalle really hit him. Issei did hide it fairly well as it took even the other girls a while to figure it out too.
Old 2012-12-30, 15:20   Link #396
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Rias don't know about Isse trauma otherwise she would have tried something to help him to solve the problem/trauma.
The girls find out about that in that vol when they try to fix the problem and help him a big deal.
Soji I agree with you I was just trying politely disagree with guy I quoted in my previous post. It would have been rather out of character for Rias to go after him the way she did if she realized how bad of shape he was in emotionaly.

Here's one thing I'm wondering is will Saji ever figure out that Momo and Nimura maybe give up on Sona you'd think Issei might help his friend out and clue him in.
Old 2012-12-30, 15:29   Link #397
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Soji I agree with you I was just trying politely disagree with guy I quoted in my previous post. It would have been rather out of character for Rias to go after him the way she did if she realized how bad of shape he was in emotionaly.

Here's one thing I'm wondering is will Saji ever figure out that Momo and Nimura maybe give up on Sona you'd think Issei might help his friend out and clue him in.
Ise already asked Sona of what she thought of Saji. Unfortunately, Sona view Saji nothing more as a little brother and already knows that many of her servants are after him, she would not interfere. If Ise knew what Sona want then it would be easy for Ise to help Saji to get Sona. Except that Sona is more or less what anime call a "cool beauty", not much is known from her personality other than she has attachment to her older sister Leviathan. Its like someone who doesn't know how to cook attempting to help cook, knowledge is a must in a relationship or trying to help someone in a relationship.
Old 2012-12-30, 17:06   Link #398
blade82

he just have to use Bilingual on her to know her true feeling toward Saji
Old 2012-12-30, 17:09   Link #399
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Ise already asked Sona of what she thought of Saji. Unfortunately, Sona view Saji nothing more as a little brother and already knows that many of her servants are after him, she would not interfere. If Ise knew what Sona want then it would be easy for Ise to help Saji to get Sona. Except that Sona is more or less what anime call a "cool beauty", not much is known from her personality other than she has attachment to her older sister Leviathan. Its like someone who doesn't know how to cook attempting to help cook, knowledge is a must in a relationship or trying to help someone in a relationship.
Ise is certainly no Casanova but still rather then helping Saji become what Sona wants I'm thinking more along the lines of him pointing Saji towards the two that already like him. Given what we've seen from Ise those might be just what old Saji needs to attain balance breaker which will probably be something similar to scale mail given what we've seen.
Old 2012-12-30, 17:31   Link #400
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
he just have to use Bilingual on her to know her true feeling toward Saji
...........................Rias and the other girls are lenient towards Ise's perverted ways, but that is all out the window if he attempts to do that to Sona. My .....friend........are you asking for the death of the main character?
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen