AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-09-26, 17:10   Link #11661
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
Creuze is a bit two-faced. He clearly has little regard for human life, but he acted like he took Lacus's words to heart.
You'll definitely see what his motives are later on.

Quote:
The admiral seems like a cool guy, though I don't understand what concessions he's talking about. He seems to be worried about ZAFT advancing their tech and the losses on the battlefield for his troops, which is why he supported the G-Program, but I fail to see how this is something other than common sense. Is the EA misusing it's resources and personnel for some reason?
He is one of the only decent leaders imo. He's not concerned with exterminating all coordinators like many other leaders. He's more concerned with the progression of the war and how to protect the soldiers under his command. He's very similar to Lacus's father in that respect.

Quote:
Flay gave a heart felt speech and joined the military. I could see her wanting to get some revenge against ZAFT or that she really wants to bring the war to an end. Still, she acted really weird in the previous episode, like she was lying, especially to Kira.
Yeah... Fllay's snapped. lol. You'll come to see why she is such a polarizing character among the fanbase.

Quote:
Seriously though, there's just no end to positive role models for Kira to look to. If it were just one person, I'd say they were as good as dead, since being a mentor is a serious death flag lol
lol
Old 2014-09-26, 18:55   Link #11662
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
I can't remember.. "SEED" is something that is established in the show right?
Yes, although it's never been said whether or how the concept of SEED is related to the seed burst animation and the accompanying ocular change.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 18:57   Link #11663
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Fukuda mentioned some bullshit about the SEED in the series title being part of some rebirth for the franchise, but given that it's Fukuda I suggest taking it with a grain of salt.
Old 2014-09-26, 19:08   Link #11664
Bogart
Banned

Episode 13

Biggest space battle yet. The 8th fleet sacrificed themselves to allow Archangel to escape, folding like a house of cards in the process. Seriously, it was just damn depressing to see them destroy maybe two GINNs and a cruiser that practically committed suicide in an attempt to destroy the Archangel.

Flay seemed to actually be surprised and glad to see Kira when he appeared. Later she seemed to come to some kind of realization though. She seems like she's all over the place. She wants to be safe, but she joins the military. She's pissed at Kira, but makes a fake? apology. And then when he shows up out of the blue in the locker room, she's surprised and actually glad to see him.

She is a politician's daughter, so maybe she has an understanding of what she thinks she's supposed to say, even without meaning it, but then what exactly is she after? Is she toeing her father's party line or something? She's never seemed more complicated than a teenage girl that wants to go shopping though.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by Creuze's ruthlessness in regards to enemy soldiers. Seems to have rubbed off on Yzak, or maybe that was the pain killers talking?
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 19:46   Link #11665
cyberdemon

Quote:
Episode 13

Biggest space battle yet. The 8th fleet sacrificed themselves to allow Archangel to escape, folding like a house of cards in the process. Seriously, it was just damn depressing to see them destroy maybe two GINNs and a cruiser that practically committed suicide in an attempt to destroy the Archangel.

Flay seemed to actually be surprised and glad to see Kira when he appeared. Later she seemed to come to some kind of realization though. She seems like she's all over the place. She wants to be safe, but she joins the military. She's pissed at Kira, but makes a fake? apology. And then when he shows up out of the blue in the locker room, she's surprised and actually glad to see him.

She is a politician's daughter, so maybe she has an understanding of what she thinks she's supposed to say, even without meaning it, but then what exactly is she after? Is she toeing her father's party line or something? She's never seemed more complicated than a teenage girl that wants to go shopping though.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by Creuze's ruthlessness in regards to enemy soldiers. Seems to have rubbed off on Yzak, or maybe that was the pain killers talking?
Yzak is just a hothead, not the same as Rau's ruthlessness.

Fllay has plans. That's why she was "glad" to see Kira. Her father's death made her lose it...
Old 2014-09-26, 21:09   Link #11666
Bogart
Banned

Episode 14

A brief recap and explanation of where Coordinators came from. George Glenn seems to have been a bit of an idealist. Obviously he didn't mean any harm, but he was careless. Hard to believe there wasn't any controversy until his reveal though. I guess maybe the lab that created him wanted to prove the benefits of such tampering by having a living model? That sort of genetic work always has...defects though. Even if the process was more or less perfected, there must have been innumerable failures along the way. There might even be an evil clone of the man running around causing mischief lol

Where were they going to land originally? They said in the previous episode that they couldn't reach Alaska, but they're a really long way from there now.

Murrue and Natelie don't always see eye to eye and neither of them are right all the time, but they aren't all that different either. If anything, I'd say Natelie is more willing to make hard decisions and more adverse to risks. She'd probably be at loss if she had to deal with Kira, but she is a good number 2.

I see. Flay really did plan on Kira coming back. She made a bet with herself that he would. It's good that she was aware of the risk that he wouldn't. I wonder if she would have really tried to go out in the Strike if he hadn't?

You know, I really like deserts. They're mysterious and romantic, yet at the same time so open and dangerous. If I had to choose between a jungle and a desert, I'd go with the desert.

Looks like we're leaving Creuze behind and have a new ZAFT commander. He seems...eccentric maybe?
Old 2014-09-26, 21:16   Link #11667
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh yeah, was he careless. He wishes things didn't turn out the way they had--his mind was used to create an AI which is currently active in one of the Astray mangas. And yes he's been asked why he revealed his existence as a Coordinator.

They were originally going to land in Alaska, at JOSH-A, or as close as they could as possible. Kira's going off-course thanks to the battle forced them to retrieve him, and when even a slight change in reentry can put you wildly off-course, they did well more than a slight change when the Archangel moved to retrieve the Strike.

As for Flay piloting the Strike... who knows. In the original script, she was going to end up piloting another Strike unit that you'll see later half of the show. Her contemplating piloting the Strike in Kira's absence was likely a reference to that old script idea.

And Andrew Waltfeld? Eccentric? You don't know the half of it. :V
Old 2014-09-26, 22:14   Link #11668
Bogart
Banned

Episode 15

You know, it's just occurred to me that the bridge crew of Archangel is comprised of both sexes. I like that. No bridge bunnies here, although I'd really prefer a girl relaying orders and tactical information to the pilots. It just feels right somehow.

I think it's safe to say that Sai is Kira's best Natural friend. And you know, I think the fact that the character designs are so simple is what helps to keep them from being boring. No one really stands out. Even Kira isn't really any different from his friends, despite alot of the show being from his perspective and what he's going through. Has a nice grounded feeling to it.

Black Hole Ventilation system? Are they seriously using black holes as a heat sink? I mean, that's a great idea, but really?

The ground battle was intense. Had a whole other flavor compared to fighting in space. Knocking enemies to the ground, being knocked to the ground. Everything felt more kinetic and weighty. Not to mention faster paced. And Kira even bullet timed. That's far out.

I kind of feel like the skygrasper would be better than a flying mecha. Aerodynamics and all that.

Waltfeld seems to care about his people, but doesn't seem to dwell on their loss. That's difficult to reconcile in my mind. Just deciding that's how it is.
Old 2014-09-26, 22:23   Link #11669
S.Freedom

Well "SEED" is actually an acronym standing for:

Superior
Evolutionary
Element
Destined-factor

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/SEED_factor
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 22:53   Link #11670
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Well "SEED" is actually an acronym standing for:

Superior
Evolutionary
Element
Destined-factor

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/SEED_factor
I'm not certain this claim is necessarily true:
Quote:
SEED mode represents the ability for an individual with the SEED factor to enter into a state of enhanced awareness and peak physical ability.
Unfortunately, Kira (and possibly Shinn, although I don't remember where, and maybe Prayer too?) is the only person who was ever said to possess the SEED.
Old 2014-09-26, 23:01   Link #11671
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I'm not certain this claim is necessarily true: Unfortunately, Kira (and possibly Shinn, although I don't remember where) is the only one who was ever said to possess the SEED.
odd because i am pretty sure athrun and cagalli have the seed factor, proof they both have seed modes which is shown with both of them having a seed burst animation granted cagali's only done it once, but that shouldn't be possible without the seed factor and lacus also has seed mode but i don't think she has ever gotten the seed burst animation
Old 2014-09-26, 23:05   Link #11672
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

monster's talking about Rev. Malchio's statement, when he tells Kira "Because you possess the seed."

Yes, we know that Athrun and Cagalli and Shinn and maybe even (ugh) Lacus possess the SEED Factor, but only one person has ever said to someone else that they have it.
Old 2014-09-26, 23:11   Link #11673
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
monster's talking about Rev. Malchio's statement, when he tells Kira "Because you possess the seed."

Yes, we know that Athrun and Cagalli and Shinn and maybe even (ugh) Lacus possess the SEED Factor, but only one person has ever said to someone else that they have it.
I think Durandal thinks Kira posses it too.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 23:16   Link #11674
shadow1296

Quote:

ah okay, thought he meant that only kira and shinn only had it, yeah and now that i think about it i believe when reverend said kira possessed it was the only time the seed factor was ever mentioned by a character in the anime though i may be wrong here,
Old 2014-09-26, 23:34   Link #11675
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
ah okay, thought he meant that only kira and shinn only had it, yeah and now that i think about it i believe when reverend said kira possessed it was the only time the seed factor was ever mentioned by a character in the anime though i may be wrong here,
Didn't Erica Simmons mention it in one of the clip episodes?
Old 2014-09-26, 23:37   Link #11676
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

She suspected it, and promptly dismissed it from her report.
Old 2014-09-27, 00:12   Link #11677
monster

Quote:

Speaking of Lacus, she's another reason why I think the factor and the mode may not be one and the same.

I think the fact that they showed her to have the mode twice is as good indication as any that she does have it.

On the other hand, Malchio never said that she has the factor, which I think would've been an appropriate revelation when he revealed that Kira also has it.

Ooh, and he also never said anything to Athrun.

So, yeah, there you go.
Old 2014-09-27, 00:15   Link #11678
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They also never showed Lacus having a SEED activation, unlike the other four definite possessors. So it's all up in the air.
Old 2014-09-27, 01:37   Link #11679
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Aren't you guys spoiling too much for that guy watching Seed for the first time?
Old 2014-09-27, 01:48   Link #11680
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Aren't you guys spoiling too much for that guy watching Seed for the first time?
Fortunately for Bogart, what's been discussed regarding SEED has no plot relevance at all.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep