AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-17, 18:05   Link #41
Isako
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Isako
Well I saw snippets of the raw I downloaded a while back(didn't want to completely spoil myself lol). At least from what I've seen and from what yall have been saying, I'm a bit disappointed as well. But like most animes, the first eps may not always show what is to come. I've been expecting this anime for to long, for it fail

Personally, I don't mind the gore missing, although it would be a plus, but I just hope the anime as a hole has't gone done the toilet with teh gore.

Also, whats the deal with the really bad raws coming out for this anime?
Isako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 12:22   Link #42
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((

Bah, tbs ruined this show with a big censorship! Please tbs die, bastards!

No comment:
Spoiler:

Fnights

Last edited by Fnights; 2007-04-18 at 12:36.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 13:55   Link #43
rman0099
On my nut

So wait....they took the gore out of a gothic horror anime? Isn't that a key aspect of the genre? I hate anime that has been censored or dulled down to be more palatable for the masses. Its not that I want blood for the sake of blood, its just that part of a series like this is the shock from the depiction of the violence and brutality. If thats been taken out in a noticable way than the series has lost a part of itself.

Having not seen the raw yet I can't make too many comments but if the censorship gets in the way of enjoyment then I can at least scrap one anime off the long list that I'm watching this season. And I was really looking forward to this one
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 14:34   Link #44
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman0099 View Post
So wait....they took the gore out of a gothic horror anime? Isn't that a key aspect of the genre? I hate anime that has been censored or dulled down to be more palatable for the masses. :
Yep, they make this manga conversion terribly light! Blood and gore, the best part of the manga, is completely missing!
Ikkitousen DD is censored too, but is a kind of censorship that can be easy removed for the dvd version, in this case they should remake pratically entire scenes, so i guess is impossible!
I'm so angry, TBS deserve to die!!

Fn
Old 2007-04-18, 15:04   Link #45
SinsI

It's not the removed gore that's the worst part. They've changed the resurrection conditions, from drinking the Hime' blood to some ridiculous energy manipulation.
Spoiler for some manga spoilers:
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 15:52   Link #46
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
It's not the removed gore that's the worst part. They've changed the resurrection conditions, from drinking the Hime' blood to some ridiculous energy manipulation.
Spoiler for some manga spoilers:
My heart cry!
And the manga is licensed in the us so i can't find the scanlations in english!
Noooooo!
Old 2007-04-18, 16:04   Link #47
Avisch
Reality Blender

Yeah. To everyone talking about the censorship: I wholeheartedly agree.
At some times I don;t think gore is necessary.

But for this manga manga........the gore is not all necessary. But goddamn cool and entertaining and therefore I would like to say "no censorship please".

The first episode was ................OK-Boring. At most. The animation seems too simple at times (fighting mostly, single shots of Fran+Hime fighting wolves......the manga is better than that)

Though I have to say. I'm addicted to the opening theme song (though not suprising cause I like Aki Misato).
Quote:
They've changed the resurrection conditions, from drinking the Hime' blood to some ridiculous energy manipulation.
I noticed this and went: "that's odd".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
My heart cry!
And the manga is licensed in the us so i can't find the scanlations in english!
Noooooo!
There is a group scanlating it. Just because a manga is licensed doesn''t mean all groups pull out of scanlating it.

Last edited by Avisch; 2007-04-18 at 16:08. Reason: addition
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 18:28   Link #48
Isako
*Fansubber

I misread, its not a raw, its fansub by a group called LC(Lucky-channel) on highway. Sry for the mistake I made earlier.

BT hates my router, but as soon as they UL to their bots, I will have comments on their release.

At least from what I gathered, there is still no good raw out for this anime.

EDIT
Well after watching the anime subbed, I'm a bit disappointed. The animation felt cheap in a lot of areas. So cheap that you would say "LOL thats cheap" instantly. I'm not going to bash the anime on plot just yet, because I haven't looked at the manga, but I did find EPS 1 quite boring. I think the only highlight out of eps for me was Furra Chan(the ultra-strong loli). I chuckled every time I saw her :P

I will say this about LC release, I didn't like it to much quality wise, so my summary may be skewed abit.

Last edited by Isako; 2007-04-18 at 21:32.
Old 2007-04-18, 19:16   Link #49
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

its good news that someone decided to sub this. I hope they stay with this. I myself had a lot of trouble finding info on the series before and after it aired.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 00:12   Link #50
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Subbed Episode 1 is out now. This seems like it is going to be one TWISTED anime...
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 00:25   Link #51
errorrrr

people please stop confusing this with MURDER PRINCESS... btw... LC is going to rename their releases to Kaibutsu Oujo for ep 2 to get rid of the confusion -_-'
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 00:54   Link #52
Grave

Why is the thread call " Princess Resurrection" Kaibutsu > Monster Oujo > Princess ( My lady)
Shouldnt it be call Murder Princess? o.O
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 00:56   Link #53
Narumi
*Fansubber

No, that is a totally different show. A 6-ep action OVA.
Old 2007-04-19, 06:11   Link #54
Isako
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave View Post
Why is the thread call " Princess Resurrection" Kaibutsu > Monster Oujo > Princess ( My lady)
Yeah they two are not related at all. I think thats why alot of groups are skipping it imho, because they are geting it confused with Murder Princess(that and the current raw quality) Whoever had the genius ideal to change the title from Princess Resurrection to Monster Princess, need to pat themselves on the back. lol
Old 2007-04-19, 08:13   Link #55
errorrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave View Post
wow.... and i JUST POSTED that they are different show...

Quote:
Yeah they two are not related at all. I think thats why alot of groups are skipping it imho, because they are geting it confused with Murder Princess(that and the current raw quality) Whoever had the genius ideal to change the title from Princess Resurrection to Monster Princess, need to pat themselves on the back. lol
um... the japanese kanji is: 怪物王女... it's only natural for a direct translation to be Monster Princess... as Kaibutsu literally means Monster.... even in ep 1, Hime declares herself as the ladies of the monsters.... I have no idea why it's called Princess Resurrection as i don't see resurrection in the title anywhere... I am actually curious as why the english translation is Princess Resurrection... -_-'''

Last edited by errorrrr; 2007-04-19 at 08:30.
Old 2007-04-19, 09:38   Link #56
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I'm hoping for other subs of this one. The person/group that subbed this episode had English as a second language, which resulted in occasional word-choice and structure oddities, and the gothic font didn't help on the legibility front...

Still, I'm hoping for another episode soon, for both this one AND the other one folks mix this one up with.

Monster Princess meets Murder Princess! Who will win that fight?
Old 2007-04-19, 10:23   Link #57
errorrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
I'm hoping for other subs of this one. The person/group that subbed this episode had English as a second language, which resulted in occasional word-choice and structure oddities, and the gothic font didn't help on the legibility front...

Still, I'm hoping for another episode soon, for both this one AND the other one folks mix this one up with.

Monster Princess meets Murder Princess! Who will win that fight?
Of course Monster Princess would win.

Why would the translation be better with English as first language?? wouldn't that mean the person would have Japanese as second language and maybe actually lose more subs than gained?
Old 2007-04-19, 10:32   Link #58
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I think it doesn't matter, except that the first subbers need a touch more practice in distinguishing between singular and plural forms, and some minor concept translation. (It was still a good effort though, and I commend them for a good job. The group that subbed the later episodes of Fighting Beauty Wulong could learn a bit from them.)

The latest group to sub this made it much more understandable, and the result is a regular laugh riot!
Old 2007-04-19, 12:44   Link #59
Kamatari
Fansub'n Swiss Army Knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
um... the japanese kanji is: 怪物王女... it's only natural for a direct translation to be Monster Princess... as Kaibutsu literally means Monster.... even in ep 1, Hime declares herself as the ladies of the monsters.... I have no idea why it's called Princess Resurrection as i don't see resurrection in the title anywhere... I am actually curious as why the english translation is Princess Resurrection... -_-'''
"Princess Resurrection" is, IIRC, the title of the first volume (or was it first story arc? one of those) of the manga (and the title of episode 1 of the anime). I believe that since it was the only thing written in English anywhere in that manga, some Japanese people just took it to be the "official" English title of the manga and wrote that on wikis and such... and, well, such information goes viral once it reaches the overseas anime community.
Kamatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 13:09   Link #60
herbert

"Princess Resurrection" is indeed its OFFICIAL English title. Everyone who has his/her doubt can see the covers of manga in the first and second posts of the thread, they use the title for ALL 3 vols of manga.

Edit: just checked Amazon.jp, vol. 4 is out which also uses the title "Princess Resurrection."

Last edited by herbert; 2007-04-19 at 13:21.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote