AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-19, 16:54   Link #401
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Fam's words as she opened up the hatch for her jump could be an example if you had those goggles on.
Sounded like a normal sibling going into the bathroom when somebody else is already in there. Happened all the time when I was a kid. Including the striptease to be in undies before going into the room. Of course that was all before the age of 5...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 17:07   Link #402
~BC~

What happened with Kimi to Boku fandom has nothing to do with Xion's comment on gender imbalance. The concern with Kimi to Boku wasn't that there were too many guys but that the guys would be gay; an impression that had more to do with Shun's character design and the tone of the preview most likely (shallow reasons).

I don't get the problem of gender imbalance for Last Exile; unless it's only there for rampant fanservice. In which case I understand the concern. Hopefully the OP will be the full extent of it.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 20:28   Link #403
Friday
Im shy too...

ANN says there are only 12 episodes...
can someone confirm that
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 20:34   Link #404
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Sounded like a normal sibling going into the bathroom when somebody else is already in there. Happened all the time when I was a kid. Including the striptease to be in undies before going into the room. Of course that was all before the age of 5...
And these girls are teens so it's not the same.
Old 2011-10-19, 21:18   Link #405
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
ANN says there are only 12 episodes... can someone confirm that
One of the broadcasters, SunTV, has tweeted that there will be 24 episodes. The Shoboi Calendar anime TV listings site also says 24.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 21:27   Link #406
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Since I haven't said this yet, I'm really glad the same person is doing the music for Fam, I really liked the music in the first series (I just love music that sounds Celtic inspired) and there were one or two pieces in the first episode that gave me that same feeling.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 21:29   Link #407
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

2 cours this is good news

Just watched it and i loved it, Dio was awesome in this ep ^^

Looks like the elder princess is getting captured in the next ep though...........i hope they make her captivity interesting at least, and not just show shots of her looking depressed throughout the whole series
Old 2011-10-19, 21:31   Link #408
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
Looks like the elder princess is getting captured in the next ep though...........i hope they make her captivity interesting at least, and not just show shots of her looking depressed throughout the whole series
She's got her hand on Luskinia's crotch in the OP. Rawr.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 22:11   Link #409
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Since I haven't said this yet, I'm really glad the same person is doing the music for Fam, I really liked the music in the first series (I just love music that sounds Celtic inspired) and there were one or two pieces in the first episode that gave me that same feeling.
Totally agree on all of that. When she was announced/listed in the staff as returning to do the music again I was so freaking happy! (Love that sound too, probably why game composer Yasunori Mitsuda is also one of my favorites as he likes doing Celtic-sounding music too like in Xenogears/Xenosaga)

Also because of that the little short musical cues in the ep felt so totally right to me like when a certain type of track would play, plus the new music was awesome (like the new Shuntaro piece we probably never would have gotten without her and her connection to him and that sweet piece that plays right after their mission as they pan over the Great Lake that starts with the awesome classic Last Exile mythology music for Dio's recitement of the old mysterium, plus that "town" piece at the Pirate hideout while Dio's hinting that he knows something, and that's not even all the good new music in just the first ep lol), and ofcourse it enables the sweet new version of the classic epic track that plays during the pirates saving the Lasas operation and sweet "Last Exile" horns/trumpets in the background of airship combat.

Imported the OSTs of the first series, will be doing the same again based off the first ep

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-10-19 at 22:28.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 22:39   Link #410
rulfo

Spoiler for Oh you Gonzo:
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 22:59   Link #411
sora1412

roar! Now I have to reinstall Navyfield... after watching last exile ....just like in the original series
sora1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 04:00   Link #412
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
So umm, is this anime like, a sequel to the Last Exile or a spinoff? We had Dio there, which would imply he either survived from previous '' season '' or this is just a spinoff. Was a good episode and it doesn't really matter either way but generally there seem to be people confused, me included, whether this is a sequel or spinoff.
Old 2011-10-20, 04:29   Link #413
Friday
Im shy too...

It's a few years after the original.....
and "yes" I was surprise when I saw Dio alive too
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 04:59   Link #414
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
So umm, is this anime like, a sequel to the Last Exile or a spinoff? We had Dio there, which would imply he either survived from previous '' season '' or this is just a spinoff.
It's a sequel. Magazine and pre-airing interviews aside, the usual information places peg the story as set two years after the previous series.
Old 2011-10-20, 12:52   Link #415
azarhal

Looks like Maaya Sakamoto is going to voice a character in the show.

Name: ロシャナク・ババール "Roshanaku Babaru". She should appear in episode 6.

Roshanak is a Persian name. I think we can guess on which side she is...

Also, tomorrow's broadcast have a time change because of the World Series.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 13:18   Link #416
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 1

Sat down and finally watched episode 1 last night and so far i am not disappointed. Character designs, world art and mechanical designs are all what i would expect and was hoping for.

This cast has a lot to live up too and i hope they meet expectations Last Exile bought me to a place that i only thought i could see in my imagination it was fresh innovative and kept your hooked right from the start.

The sky pirates are a fun bunch to watch it will be interesting to see how they are pulled into this war. Also, it will interesting to see what the main theme of Silver Wing will be. Whos is really the bad guy what lessons will we learn and what exactly is Exile in this new take.

Seeing Dio was a breath of fresh air and like most im wondering if they will try tie him in with the first series some how. When i heard immelman turn!!!! I had the biggest smile on face. Hearing seeing quotes and places that pay homage to the original helps viewers connect with this new world.

Im not sure how i feel about the cast being mainly girls but we will see how it works out. Claus has such a large role and grew so much that its going to be hard to follow in his footsteps and Lavie's equivalent is going to have an even harder time both these characters were milestones. Most anime do not have the kind of growth these 2 had.

I was surprised to see an all out battle right from the start surprised in a very good way. All i want now is too see the Silvana.

great start cant wait for more.
Old 2011-10-20, 20:38   Link #417
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I am hoping that Winter Comiket will be awash in Fam doujin. Maybe even rekindle some interest in making Delphine ones as well :V

It looks fantastic. The 3D CG doesn't look too dated either. As for the entire cast being female, I've come to accept it as the natural progression of all genres. We only have ourselves to blame. From the first ep and preview, I get the feeling it'll be taking the same page as the previous LE for the first bit. We're just gonna have to watch and see.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 23:43   Link #418
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Maybe even rekindle some interest in making Delphine ones as well :V
Why the heck would one want to make doujin of Delphine, of all people? Give me stuff on Vincent and Sophia, or even better, Tatiana and Allister.

However we'll likely see a flood of stuff with Fam, Giselle, Millia, or any combination of the three. This is not necessarily a bad thing however.
Old 2011-10-21, 00:46   Link #419
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Why the heck would one want to make doujin of Delphine, of all people?
Powerful, crazy women who have good taste in food are a huge turn-on.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 07:51   Link #420
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

I refer doujin of Dio than Delphine :-".

Tags
adventure, science fiction