AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's - Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-01, 19:53   Link #1101
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I think at this point, that's not really truthful. The Nanoha franchise has already lasted longer than almost anything. There is Gundam, and a few other things, but that's all. Nevertheless, we're wayyyyy passed the short term. We don't have an anime series, because the movies are more profitable than an anime series.
Well, they're already testing the waters with various other media, alternate timelines and even complete alternate realities. I believe they will first wait and see which proves to be the most popular before they will consider a new series.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 20:04   Link #1102
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I'm all for a Nanoha Innocent adaptation. That series looks entertaiing as F***. And plenty of cute to go around.
Old 2013-04-01, 20:10   Link #1103
motaku96
もたく

Guess I'll give my 2cents on the movie. First of all, great movie, no denying that. But, while I could say that the first movie was better than the first season overall, I can't say that about the second movie. Mostly because A's was already great to begin with and therefore hard to top. I'll list some little things I liked, and things I missed/wished they didn't alter.

Spoiler for Things I liked::

Spoiler for Things that they changed/took out that I wished they didn't::

Last edited by motaku96; 2013-04-01 at 20:30.
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 20:17   Link #1104
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

God bless you Motaku, a little bit of diverse opinions never hurt this subforum.
Old 2013-04-01, 20:18   Link #1105
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Of course, this is the only nanoha forum that HAS diverse opinions at times.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 20:22   Link #1106
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

As far as opinions here compared to elsewhere go, but it still feels like a hive mind here at times.

Not saying this is the case with everyone here. And other places may be a lot less critical, but they don't all like it for the same reasons. Unless you frequent places like NanoFate.us. But eh, kind of dumb to frequent there unless you're a NanoFate fan.
Old 2013-04-01, 20:33   Link #1107
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Sad thing is, despite my... *Ahem* Dislike of the pairing, they do, sometimes, have links to stuff that I find interesting...

So, where do you think I found the movie links?

Anyway... Yeah, sometimes this place does, but if you notice, I disagree with nearly everyone on this movie at various points.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 20:49   Link #1108
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
As far as opinions here compared to elsewhere go, but it still feels like a hive mind here at times.
Yeah, lines can blur during debates, and its often hard to keep track of what people liked and disliked about a movie when debating one particular aspect of it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 21:28   Link #1109
motaku96
もたく

Quote:
God bless you Motaku, a little bit of diverse opinions never hurt this subforum.
After reading this, I had to see what you guys were talking about on the previous pages.

Why so serious? It's just a reboot movie made for fanservice and selling merchandise. You guys are getting so hot and bothered by screen time and plot development issues. If ya want all that stuff, a novelization would probably be your best bet. Not that I think they'll do one.
Old 2013-04-01, 23:06   Link #1110
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Seriously, Demi? How long have you been here? A hive mind, really? You're going to call the only place on the internet that doesn't line up behind Fate and NanoFate, a hive mind? If anything, the NanoFate and Fate mindsets are the hive minds, while you find a diversity of opinions here.

For instance, you may think Nanya and I agree on everything... we don't. He doesn't care for A's much, but I like it. I also love S1 over the movie, while you'll find people who prefer the movie over S1. You'll find fans of not just Yuuno and Chrono, but fans of the materials, Lindy, Erio, Caro, Teana, Subaru, Vice, etc. Some people here hate Force, while some people like it (I do). Some people hate Vivid, while others like it.

If you really think this place is a hive mind, then you haven't been paying attention. That's almost an insult to everyone on this forum. The only way people on this forum think alike, is that we don't heavily favor one or two characters to the exclusion of everyone else.

One other hand, I've been to many other "Nanoha" forums. They only talk about Nanoha and Fate, and the other characters only get mentioned in passing, or as support for those two. It's like that everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motaku96 View Post
After reading this, I had to see what you guys were talking about on the previous pages.

Why so serious? It's just a reboot movie made for fanservice and selling merchandise. You guys are getting so hot and bothered by screen time and plot development issues. If ya want all that stuff, a novelization would probably be your best bet. Not that I think they'll do one.
Heh, really? Heavily minimize the Fate scenes and give them to Chrono... and watch Demi and other Fate and NanoFate fans get all serious. It's only "not serious" when things are going the way *you* want them to. You seem to be like many Fate and NanoFate fans who are unable to showcase empathy for those who don't get what they want (actual development of other characters, or, you know, the friggin' main character herself).

Tell me honestly, as to whether you'd care if Fate and NanoFate were minimized heavily or ignored, in favor of development of other characters like Chrono and Lindy. Then we can talk.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 23:07   Link #1111
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
What, we're not allowed to be disappointed by a lack of elements in a movie we've been anticipated? We're not allowed to discuss with others how things could've been done differently?
Old 2013-04-01, 23:24   Link #1112
motaku96
もたく

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Heh, really? Heavily minimize the Fate scenes and give them to Chrono... and watch Demi and other Fate and NanoFate fans get all serious. It's only "not serious" when things are going the way *you* want them to. You seem to be like many Fate and NanoFate fans who are unable to showcase empathy for those who don't get what they want (actual development of other characters, or, you know, the friggin' main character herself).

Tell me honestly, as to whether you'd care if Fate and NanoFate were minimized heavily or ignored, in favor of development of other characters like Chrono and Lindy. Then we can talk.
Whoa man, you're actin' like I'm attacking you. I'm not. I totally get your point. I can see that Nanoha didn't get much development during the movie. She's my favorite character too.

You're just bouncin' with rage there. You're also making a lot of generalizations about Fate/NanoFate fans. Stereotypin' ain't cool dude.

As for your second question, if you looked at my other post, you'd see that I was disappointed that Chrono didn't have many parts in the movie too. And I wished that they gave Lindy a fight scene too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What, we're not allowed to be disappointed by a lack of elements in a movie we've been anticipated? We're not allowed to discuss with others how things could've been done differently?
I didn't say that. Did you see my post before that one? I listed things I didn't like too. I'm just saying some of you guys are getting a little passionate about it is all.
Old 2013-04-01, 23:33   Link #1113
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Seriously, Demi? How long have you been here? A hive mind, really? You're going to call the only place on the internet that doesn't line up behind Fate and NanoFate, a hive mind? If anything, the NanoFate and Fate mindsets are the hive minds, while you find a diversity of opinions here.
They're the majority but I'm talking a single location. Like I said, unless you specifically frequent NanoFate.us, you won't find somewhere else that likes the movie for the same reason. Meanwhile, a large part of the frequenters here all have the same (or similar) issues with the movie. At least in regards to the issues you seem to have the most problem with.

Quote:
For instance, you may think Nanya and I agree on everything... we don't. He doesn't care for A's much, but I like it. I also love S1 over the movie, while you'll find people who prefer the movie over S1. You'll find fans of not just Yuuno and Chrono, but fans of the materials, Lindy, Erio, Caro, Teana, Subaru, Vice, etc. Some people here hate Force, while some people like it (I do). Some people hate Vivid, while others like it.
He's got to like A's more than he lets on, if he thinks the movie blew a hole right through the heart of it. Otherwise, he wouldn't be so determined to blast a movie that adapted from a series he didn't even care about. The reviews I've seen on here for the A's movie are surprisingly similar. Different ratings, similar views. Generally speaking, the reviews that differ from the norm are the mostly the viewers who came here just to post their review. And like I said, I'm not referring to everyone.

Quote:
If you really think this place is a hive mind, then you haven't been paying attention. That's almost an insult to everyone on this forum. The only way people on this forum think alike, is that we don't heavily favor one or two characters to the exclusion of everyone else.
Say what you will, but opinions here are more in sync than you let on. I mean there are some abnormalities like Sankster, and I don't touch the Force and Vivid threads...But this is how I feel based on this thread in particular.

Quote:
One other hand, I've been to many other "Nanoha" forums. They only talk about Nanoha and Fate, and the other characters only get mentioned in passing, or as support for those two. It's like that everywhere.
You need to hook me up with some of those sources.

Quote:
I notice that you pull this stunt often, but again, Motaku is a known Nanoha (Takamachi) fan, so you can't really use the Fate agenda with him. And he has been for years.

Do you not see the glaring issue with generalizing people into being a Fate or NanoFate fanatic every time they like a scene you didn't?

And I would like to sympathize with you, I really would, but in regards to minor characters, I would not get upset due to their lack of appearance, regardless whether or not I was a fan of them. Their role could come or go at any time...Major characters are another matter, but unlike you, I think all of the major characters got a fair share of screen time.

Quote:
Of course I would care, but I wouldn't openly remind everyone every second post. I'd likely do with what I did with the Force and Vivid threads. Vanish.
And it's really not a fair comparison--when a major character gets minimized for a minor one. Rather than vise/versa.

Last edited by Demi.; 2013-04-02 at 00:12.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 23:36   Link #1114
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Whoa man, you're actin' like I'm attacking you. I'm not. I totally get your point. I can see that Nanoha didn't get much development during the movie. She's my favorite character too.
Your words suggested otherwise, because you didn't get our point when you felt we were getting upset over essentially nothing. Actually, if anything, we were getting upset over people like Demi who refused to budge an inch even in a theoretical debate about what could be done to give other characters more screentime. Even in a hypothetical situation which will in no way change reality, they demonstrate a lack of empathy toward other characters, and other people's feelings toward other characters. I am reminded of Scrooge, who wouldn't give a penny towards a family with a crippled child. It is that lack of empathy and understanding, that is the upsetting part, really. The moment we start discussing the possibility of cutting Fate scenes to dedicate some time to developing characters who get little to no development, they come in and claim we're all hating on Fate.

Quote:
You're just bouncin' with rage there. You're also making a lot of generalizations about Fate/NanoFate fans. Stereotypin' ain't cool dude.
I've been to many other forums, who are full of NanoFate fans. The stereotype is more true than some might want to admit. I will also say that I do have some NanoFate fans who *do* acknowledge that it gets a lot of screentime, to the detriment of other characters. And even they get upset about it because they want to see others developed as well. But they are a minority in the NanoFate realm, as far as I've seen (and some have since left the fandom as well, sickened by the attitude from fellow fans).

Quote:
As for your second question, if you looked at my other post, you'd see that I was disappointed that Chrono didn't have many parts in the movie too. And I wished that they gave Lindy a fight scene too.
But would you be okay with them taking time away from Fate and NanoFate, in order to develop those characters? Would you acknowledge that Fate and NanoFate gets too much focus, and they could afford to be dialed back some, to give other characters some development?

Show me that you're different, and that you don't fit the stereotype.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 23:41   Link #1115
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hive mind?

We are the NanoFate. Your series as you know it over. Lower your posts and surrender your ships. Your fanfic and merchandise distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Whoops, I was quoting Tsuzuki here.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 00:31   Link #1116
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Whoa there, how can you be quoting Tsuzuki when there's no mention of the moneys?
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 00:46   Link #1117
motaku96
もたく

Quote:
Your words suggested otherwise, because you didn't get our point when you felt we were getting upset over essentially nothing. Actually, if anything, we were getting upset over people like Demi who refused to budge an inch even in a theoretical debate about what could be done to give other characters more screentime. Even in a hypothetical situation which will in no way change reality, they demonstrate a lack of empathy toward other characters, and other people's feelings toward other characters. I am reminded of Scrooge, who wouldn't give a penny towards a family with a crippled child. It is that lack of empathy and understanding, that is the upsetting part, really. The moment we start discussing the possibility of cutting Fate scenes to dedicate some time to developing characters who get little to no development, they come in and claim we're all hating on Fate.

I've been to many other forums, who are full of NanoFate fans. The stereotype is more true than some might want to admit. I will also say that I do have some NanoFate fans who *do* acknowledge that it gets a lot of screentime, to the detriment of other characters. And even they get upset about it because they want to see others developed as well. But they are a minority in the NanoFate realm, as far as I've seen (and some have since left the fandom as well, sickened by the attitude from fellow fans).

But would you be okay with them taking time away from Fate and NanoFate, in order to develop those characters? Would you acknowledge that Fate and NanoFate gets too much focus, and they could afford to be dialed back some, to give other characters some development?

Show me that you're different, and that you don't fit the stereotype.
Wohoho~ I'm not even gonna bother commenting on the Scrooge comparison. You probably wouldn't see where I'm comin' from.

Anyway, I'll just address your last question. How much time are you talkin' about? That 10 minutes you mentioned a few pages back? Meh, I probably wouldn't notice if I never saw it.

But I said before that little things like Rein's narration at the beginning and end really helped set the tone, so I would like to keep them in if possible. You also cut out some important parts, like it has to be established that Fate is there to attend school, so yes they have to do the whole school intro thing(beyond that is fair game I guess). And at the end, for future content, they have to make it clear that Nanoha showed Arisa and Suzuka since they weren't 'magically' in the city when Reinforce was attacking. But how could you cut out the transformation sequences!? That's blasphemous!

Oh, but that reminds me, what the heck was up with that stick training thing b/w Nanoha and Fate? When that started happening, I was like wtf!?. It was totally out of left field. It was really just a short action sequence for the animators. I just didn't realize they trained like that. They're like friggin' sword masters.

As far as NanoFate content specifically, I hope you're not thinking of abolishing it entirely. It's easy to forget, but the series is still grounded in good ol' wholesome ideas of friendship and bonds. I guess it really depends on which scenes. Because I really liked some scenes where you really got a sense they were partners on the same page.

Btw, I just wanna say that Nanoha and Fate's synergy during that fight against Reinforce was just great.
Old 2013-04-02, 01:11   Link #1118
Enternal

Lol! Diverse opinions? Heck yeah. I remember when I was on this forum almost all the time back in around 2011 to early 2012. Always been crazy here. Still is now apparently hehe. Although so far I don't see...uhh... someone mad at Signum anymore.

But as a comment, in general, the movie was fantastic. The music was great. The visuals was great. The plot was great. BUT... I'm bothered at certain things like they never even talked about the trouble Nanoha had in the series, Shizuka and Arisa, and some other stuff. I'm also bothered by how they handled Chrono and especially Yuuno. He's been shafted in StrikerS. Even more so Vivid and Force. So? They decided to pretty much shaft him in the movie too except for appearing in the battle. It's depressing... after all these years... But at least he's present during the battle and we know how strong he really is when it comes to support but it would be nice if they mention it more.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 01:13   Link #1119
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Whoa there, how can you be quoting Tsuzuki when there's no mention of the moneys?
Oh yea, that's kinda true. It's ok, there will be a next time!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 01:56   Link #1120
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Lol! Diverse opinions? Heck yeah. I remember when I was on this forum almost all the time back in around 2011 to early 2012. Always been crazy here. Still is now apparently hehe. Although so far I don't see...uhh... someone mad at Signum anymore.

But as a comment, in general, the movie was fantastic. The music was great. The visuals was great. The plot was great. BUT... I'm bothered at certain things like they never even talked about the trouble Nanoha had in the series, Shizuka and Arisa, and some other stuff. I'm also bothered by how they handled Chrono and especially Yuuno. He's been shafted in StrikerS. Even more so Vivid and Force. So? They decided to pretty much shaft him in the movie too except for appearing in the battle. It's depressing... after all these years... But at least he's present during the battle and we know how strong he really is when it comes to support but it would be nice if they mention it more.
If no one watched A's... How good would it be?

They want the two stars appearing it seems... Maybe we should all invite Tsuzuki to California... And mob him.