AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-12-22, 08:33   Link #5521
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

You mean there's more to your mindless *cough cough cough*... uhm, scuse me.. never mind!

Yeah, okay.. let's see...

Is it absolutely necessary that Yukariko is his daughter? A few posts back I said when his daughter was turned to gold. At what age!

What if she was still an infant? *hint* *hint* I'm thinking about Maria here, but that would tear up your theory, wouldn't it? Well, I really don't know... heck, it's possible. It's getting a bit crazy already, isn't it?

So how exactly will Mikado time travel? And why would he become a good king as to deserve a gift from a fairy, or God? Mikado is already fucked up in the head, sort of like me.. kahahaha!

It's too late. Can't change that... ehehehe~

Wait...

Daughter...

Does this make sense?

1. Mikado travels back in time and becomes Midas.
2. He becomes a king, gains the ability to turn things into gold, etc..
3. He has a daughter (a second one), which is Maria. He accidentally turns her to gold, when she's still an infant.
4. He tries to revert the process, but is unsuccessful, thus he begs the fairy, God, Satan, whatever.. hahaha.. to no avail.
5. He becomes a mad ghost scheming some evil plot of revenge against God for not saving his daughter...
6. Time passes...
7. He's still locked inside the RG, while in the real world Mikado is born. (yeah they exist at the same time... sort of...)
8. Mikado grows up, has Yukariko, she dies, story continues till he time travels...

That'd explain a bit, but things still need continue, and a question remains. Since this theory is full of holes already, I'll strike at the largest one, which is "Maria". How exactly did she revert to normal from a golden statue?

Second theory:

He travels in time, becomes Midas, has a daughter by the name of Yukariko, which is made into a statue at a young age. He can't turn her back, plots against God, whatever...

Time passes...

Mikado is born (same as above). Instead of having a daughter, he discovers the RG, and finds Yukariko there. He somehow manages to transform her back to normal, and then he takes her in. She's still an infant after all, so she wouldn't remember.

Third theory:

Mikado time travels, becomes Midas, and has a daughter. If said daughter is indeed Yukariko, and she was turned into gold, then how the heck did she have Nagi? And more importantly, she had Nagi in the "normal time", not in the past, or whatever...

What makes the most sense?

Nothing?

I AGREE!
Old 2009-12-22, 08:53   Link #5522
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Well,
from the legend,
it was said that he was an old king who has a daughter,
i don't know if she had a granddaughter,
well,
this is HnG so they might altered the legend a bit,
so the most important aspect is Maria,
hmmmmm,
i got it,
Maria is actually the Fairy who gave him wealth!!!!!
Because i remember that on his trip to the pond (Midas), he was accompanied by the same fairy,
so i guess Maria is actually adopted before Yukariko's death,
well,
Nagi was five when she die so Maria is nine,
make sense to my theory,
don't know about you?
Old 2009-12-22, 09:11   Link #5523
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

The more I read your theories the more I'm becoming to believing it... dammmittttt. Why don't you guys post this at the other place to stir lulz there too! It'll be fun!

I don't remember Midas' legend containing an old guy who came from the future wanting to revive his dead daughter and being trapped in world in another dimension then becoming a king with a gold touch..

I don't get myself now.. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 2009-12-22, 09:23   Link #5524
Wolfnagi

Its a pleasure leo,
what i meant is Midas is similar to Mikaod so think Midas as Mikado.
Old 2009-12-22, 09:36   Link #5525
leoblack9

Well Midas' love for something (well gold) caused his daughter to turn into one, then I could suppose Mikado's love for more power costed him his daughter. The only explanation I could make is the part where the gem gives you misfortune (see Aika, she says it's full of bad stuff), and when Yukkyun discovered the gems, Mikado may be responsible why there are lots of ruins under his mansion, with him trying to discover/find that place of ultimate power.. known as RG.

Well good job to myself for making a logical and sensible answer

*SELF APPLAUD*

*Self pat on the back*
Old 2009-12-22, 10:19   Link #5526
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

So...I think I can make sense of this conversation...

From what I can tell, Mikado is Midas and became a king at some point who bares a grudge against the gods for letting something bad happen to someone he cares about. It seems to center around the Royal Garden, which possibly exists in a metaphysical space and few people know about let alone are able to enter it. Then we also have Hayate who seems to have accidentally acquired 'the power of kings' of whatever after staying with Athena.

So basically, it's a giant parody of Code Geass with Mikado as Emperor Charles and Hayate suddenly becomes Lelouch and is secretly a prince somewhere. Except his Geass power would totally suck because it's Hayate and the universe screws with him even more than the real Lelouch. And then it's all revealed that this whole arc (or at least part of it) is just a dream of Nagi's after watching all of Code Geass in one night.

Moving on the slightly more realistic topics...

I'd say that no matter what happens in the next few chapters, Hayate is not going to end up with Athena just like I've predicted. He explicitly said to Nagi that he needs to move past this in order to move forward. So he's going to save her, but he may or may not love her (let's face it, he was hedging on it right after he said it anyway).

Perhaps Midas will find a way to possess Hayate once he is defeated, since his luck really is that bad. He could manifest as a superpowered evil side (think Hollow Ichigo) or he could just make Hayate start acting odd or like a dick (like Spiderman with the symbiote/black suit). Either way it could be hilarious to see an aggressive and assertive Hayate.

Besides, it'd be good for him not to be quite as spineless a lot of the time. I mean he'd jump off a building if Nagi asked him to (NOTE: he actually did already do this, read the chapter with the film club, seriously if Hinagiku knew what they were doing to poor Hayate when she interrupted she would have been so pissed). I'd say he certainly feels like he can't date right now regardless of whether or not he technically can. Though the only time we've ever seen a butler even try to pursue a personal relationship was with Kotetsu, and it was with another butler so I have no idea how that works. Still, it works out in his case because Izumi seems to have been just as interested as him (complete yaoi fangirl after all)

Kotetsu (while holding Hayate): "Hmm, oh Ojou-sama. Is there something you want?"

Izumi (with fangirl smile): "Nope, please continue <3."

As for a plan that will work, let us look no farther than Mahoraba. Hayate saves everyone in a final climactic battle in the Royal Garden and gets a wish. He naturally wishes for a way for everyone to be happy. So poof...suddenly there are a whole bunch of Hayate's. The joke? There are more Hayate's than there are girls. That is because one unfortunate Hayate will be chased by Kotetsu, another probably by Azumamiya. And of course, one girl will have to claim more than one Hayate, I'd say either Ayumu (she's strikes me as a closet pervert), Nagi (who definitely has some perverted thoughts) or Maria (who most certainly has thoughts like that). It'd be a bit of a cop out at the end, but it would be funny at least.

Well it's certainly going to be interesting in about a month or two when he can finally see where all of this is going.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 19:19   Link #5527
5yewy5r

Spoiler for Recent chapter:
5yewy5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 19:38   Link #5528
leoblack9

Yes, Hayate will stay with Nagi (disregarding his debt to her of 40 years), but that doesn't really mean that Hayate will fall for her. I personally see Hayate acting as a big brother to her, not a love interest. So unless Nagi makes a love potion I don't see anything happening soon.

And no need for the spoiler tags, unless its spoilers or translations I don't see the need to put those on your opinions.
Old 2009-12-22, 20:57   Link #5529
Wolfnagi

WARGHHHHHHHHH
How many times does i already WARGHHHHHH??
Anyway,
chapter 253 is awesome,
Ending up chances has different,
everybody,
to their battle station,
after this arc, it might be a huge love battle to end up the series!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-12-22, 21:15   Link #5530
leoblack9

Tearfest sooonnn blllarrrgggghhhhh.

I just hope Athena wouldn't die. That would just be too funny because it would crush all the hopes of the atan fans. Wait, was I an A-tan fan? OH NOOEESSSS!!

Spoilers coming soon!
Old 2009-12-22, 21:43   Link #5531
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Ummm, well, I'm too lazy to quote stuff at the moment, thus I'll just keep it short and simple.

@leoblack9

Glad to hear that Wolf is driving you insane as well with his latest theory, with some help from me at that (I'm long gone.. hahaha).

@Wolfnagi

But, who was phone?

@Teleutao

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA! < size 7, purple or pink color. Horray!

Kay, now for the real part of the post.

Hayate did say that he'd return to Nagi's side, and that he'd protect her, but he didn't say anything about his feelings towards her, neither did he mention who he was going to save. He kept on saying "That Person" over and over...

I wonder if that has a meaning in itself. Athena fans shouldn't lose hope, and Nagi fans shouldn't feel too exalted about the recent chapter. It's all still far too vague at the moment. Protect, protect, protect... yeah.. that's truly bothersome. He looked so serious as well. When I saw the spoilers, and later read the chapter, I thought like he was sort of forcing it.. "I am the Sanzen'in butler.... Lady Nagi's butler".. or whatever. It seems more like he's going to take his job very seriously now, not to fail her expectations, and completely seal his feelings away.

Or will he?

Honestly, January can't come any sooner... *sigh*
Old 2009-12-22, 22:32   Link #5532
Wolfnagi

But it still gonna be a love warfare!!!!!
And there is actually two Mikado exist at the same time,
one in the coffin in RG and one is the present who currently torturing Hayate.
Hahaha
Old 2009-12-23, 15:43   Link #5533
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
And there is actually two Mikado exist at the same time,
Two Santa that do not hand out presents.
Old 2009-12-23, 19:01   Link #5534
Wolfnagi

Anyway,
we now need to wait till chapter 254 to continue our stories,
got anymore interesting theory?
p.s
I gonna take my exam result in three hour,
need you guys to wish me luck will ya,
hope to at least past with flying colors.
Old 2009-12-23, 19:56   Link #5535
Used Can

Plot advancement, in my HnG? NO WAY!

These chapters have been quite nice. Nagi was awesome by breaking that stone, but, honestly, I'd have preferred if Hayate would have made that decision on his own. All the same, I can understand Hata had basically cornered himself at that point, and having Hayate decide could probably have been troublesome.

Anyway, these chapters have been okay. I hope this arc will be over soon.

Also, I don't think it made any difference at all to read those three chapters in one go.
Old 2009-12-24, 23:54   Link #5536
Wolfnagi

Yeah,
there's no difference reading it one-by-one and reading it on one go.
Anyway,
Merry Christmas!!!!
Spoiler for Here Come the Santa:
Old 2009-12-25, 01:14   Link #5537
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

i approve of this santa
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 07:52   Link #5538
Wolfnagi

And also,
do not trust this Santa,
Instead of giving presents,
he gonna take yours
Spoiler for The Devil Santa:
Old 2009-12-25, 20:27   Link #5539
New/Old
Old to the New

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenryukencero View Post
I've just see the spoiler pics from chapter 254 and it seems that Machina is not very interesting after all...

I'm not sure if I can put here these links to the pics so, If I can't just tell to erase them
Careful. Mods don't appreciate scans of spoilers here now.
Old 2009-12-25, 20:42   Link #5540
Wolfnagi

Got 5 more spoilers,
but can't post here,
check Hayate no Gotoku! FC for the rest of the spoilers.

Tags
comedy, shounen