AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-02-14, 20:18   Link #5741
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
I wont say never but...I have this feeling she will confess followed by the classic "I just wanted to say it" line cause it will be already too late for it to actually work. (Hell it may already be too late but who knows)
@Game
No. It is not too late. It still too early for her to give up as well as to confessing to him. Like I said, the miracle will make it happen, I swear it will. May the god of miracle guide her path.

@Mentar
Oh. So did I misunderstood her? Alright, what did I go wrong?

In other point, I was actually planning to make a possible miraculous drama scenes of Hayate X Hina. So Mentar, do you have any possibilities that you wish to see for the following as well as some comments for the previous posts of mine?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 23:47   Link #5742
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
@Game
No. It is not too late. It still too early for her to give up as well as to confessing to him. Like I said, the miracle will make it happen, I swear it will. May the god of miracle guide her path.
its not too late NOW, but i have the feeling by the time she actually manages to say it (maybe another 100 chapters >_>) THEN it would be too late...I might support Athena (as unrealistic as her end might seem even to me) and I still like Hinagiku a lot, but I cant picture her winning in the end, even if its in the long range, not with all thats been said currently
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 02:57   Link #5743
zibi88

well still there is a possibility that Hinas suffering will get to the same level as hayates 10y ago... and will end up in the royal garden.....

than midas will posses her body just like with athena.... maybe like from c257 talk.... hina will try to use the gods power to fullify her wish... which would be to have hayate for her own, to love only her, or something bad happen to athena so hayate would be left alone so she can take him for herself ^^

still there are other necklages... like 2 (wataru has 1... and the other has one of the student councils girls [cant remember her name but at the last page ofc257 mummy was reffiling her tea :P )

so maybe hayate will have to repeat the midas beating to save hina ^^ time will show

but the last page of c260 was sad... I mean Isumi asked if Hero-san is crying... than she said that hayte is hurt and that they should heal him.... and hina said strange line "thats not her job... and that hero cant show anyone tears under the mask"... this line makes it kinda very sad.... she is crying and it hurts her soo much that she cant get close becouse her heart will totaly break (hope she wont drown in her tears while wearing that mask)

soo maybe if athena goes with hayate she will witness them together clsoe all the time... the jelousy will pill up... maybe she will even start to have hate feelings towards Athena... that she didnt appeared close to hayate for 10years... and now all of a sudden she appears on earth surface and instantly claims hayate to herself...

those negative feelings might open the door to rolay garden where hina might try to use the power to get hayate or take revange on athena (for appearing and stealing hayte from her ^^).... well midas might be pissed off too... becouse athena chosed hayate over god power...

time will show how it will play out.... hard to say how it will play off while not knowing if hayate goes alone or with athena to japan... after that we can kinda predict what might happen next... (I wonder how nagi would react if next day she got a message and a suitcase... saying that Athena will take hayate for herself... and that here is the 150milion yen that hayate owns her...)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 05:20   Link #5744
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

man these speculations are going wild, but i've also noticed how many Hina fans are out there trying to hold onto the small glimmer of hope that Hina might end up with Hayate. At this point I'd say the chances are really slim, no matter how much you want Hina to win we have to be realistic here, given her personality and tendency to put others before herself she's got alot of obstacles to overcome before she can even confess to Hayate let alone a chance to get together with him.

If you think about her personality if she were to confess, she now would have to bear the guilt of not only knowing that Ayumu likes Hayate but Athena too, the latter of which the feelings are reciprocated. Unless Hina's personality changes dramatically, in the sense that she stops being so altruistic and disreguard the other girls who like Hayate, we would not even get a confession scene ever.
Old 2010-02-15, 07:32   Link #5745
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
@Mentar
Oh. So did I misunderstood her? Alright, what did I go wrong?
Maybe I misunderstood you, but it seemed to me that with "she no longer felt very depressed" you wanted to indicate that since c239 Hina had come to terms with the truth and was feeling content in saving Hayate. This, however, is not true. Now she has saved Hayate, and faced with the bitter truth in front of her, Hina is turning away crying. Right now at this moment, she's having her most painful moment ever in the entire story.

Quote:
In other point, I was actually planning to make a possible miraculous drama scenes of Hayate X Hina. So Mentar, do you have any possibilities that you wish to see for the following as well as some comments for the previous posts of mine?
I see nothing credible in the short or medium run. Then again, it seems that the story will last for quite a while longer, and so, long run is perfect.

So, in the near future, I expect Hina to distance herself from Hayate a bit while never losing her feelings for him. I could see a rebirth of "Hayate sucks as a BF" mode like when she was angry at him for "neglecting" Ayumu, just this time with Athena. She will continue to help him out in time of need and continue to be torn over her "save him or be loved by him" dilemma. And I still stick to my old prediction: If Hina is ever to successfully confess (edit: as in "so that Hayate fully understands her intention"), it's going to trigger the end run of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
its not too late NOW, but i have the feeling by the time she actually manages to say it (maybe another 100 chapters >_>) THEN it would be too late...I might support Athena (as unrealistic as her end might seem even to me) and I still like Hinagiku a lot, but I cant picture her winning in the end, even if its in the long range, not with all thats been said currently
Hata very carefully constructed the story so that Hayate is still unaware of Hina's feelings and her help in the fight. It would be entirely pointless to have her confess now, especially since everyone agreed to begin with that it was "too early" and could have never worked in the first place.

No, the fact that Hina is still "uncovered" is her biggest asset. Athena has just peaked with the end of her arc. Hina still has "Big Twist" potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
but the last page of c260 was sad... I mean Isumi asked if Hero-san is crying... than she said that hayte is hurt and that they should heal him.... and hina said strange line "thats not her job... and that hero cant show anyone tears under the mask"... this line makes it kinda very sad.... she is crying and it hurts her soo much that she cant get close becouse her heart will totaly break (hope she wont drown in her tears while wearing that mask)
Yep, it was a very sad last page, but at the same time exceptionally beautiful. A totally unexpected treat for Hina-shippers like me. Hina had another unpleasant shock: After Hayate's talks, it was unclear for Hina if Athena would accept Hayate's apology/confession after the fall-out 10 years ago. Now she has visual proof, and it hurts.

The "That's not our job" line is simple to understand: She understood that after all the years, Hayate and Athena had their reunion. And she knew that the two of them would want to be alone now. So she drew Isumi away with this line to give them some privacy and savor her reunion. This controlled and measured reaction also indicates that it's extremely unlikely that Hina will "break" over this.

Last edited by Mentar; 2010-02-15 at 08:27.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 07:45   Link #5746
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
man these speculations are going wild, but i've also noticed how many Hina fans are out there trying to hold onto the small glimmer of hope that Hina might end up with Hayate. At this point I'd say the chances are really slim, no matter how much you want Hina to win we have to be realistic here, given her personality and tendency to put others before herself she's got alot of obstacles to overcome before she can even confess to Hayate let alone a chance to get together with him.
I'm not sure if I want Hina to "win", but I definitely want her to be rewarded in some way

Also, I wouldn't say it's merely a "small glimmer of hope". We may have to agree to disagree here, but the ending of this arc (correctly predicted concerning Hina, by the way) definitely boosted her long-range chances. If I had to put down money, I definitely give Hina at least 2:1 over Athena to "win" by now. This show isn't going to end anytime soon, and I don't see Athena (who just had her climax and is about to learn that Hayate will return to care for Nagi) on top for the rest of the show.

Quote:
If you think about her personality if she were to confess, she now would have to bear the guilt of not only knowing that Ayumu likes Hayate but Athena too, the latter of which the feelings are reciprocated. Unless Hina's personality changes dramatically, in the sense that she stops being so altruistic and disreguard the other girls who like Hayate, we would not even get a confession scene ever.
Ayumu (who is the only kind of "reward" Hata awarded to Hina so far) essentially already gave her tacit approval and support. But unless pushed into a really extreme scene, I don't see Hina spilling the beans anytime soon, if at all. So let's see how the story will develop from now on.

The EotW arc essentially highlighted 3 players around Hayate. Athena was the damsel in distress, with a long history. Nagi sacrificed the safety of her money to get Hayate out of a fix (very selfless, if maybe a tad naive). And Hina pushed what she could to help Hayate (also very selfless). However, the story underlines already that Hina is deeply unhappy, and Nagi will also be crestfallen if/when she learns the truth. Which means that THIS CAN NOT BE THE END.

If Hayate no Gotoku ends, it will be positive, with the consent of all major players, I'm sure of that. Until then, we have to wait. And cheer on Hina for collecting more karma points
Old 2010-02-15, 10:02   Link #5747
Used Can

I don't think Hina is THAT altruistic. Back when she tried to confess, she was being held by her own insecurities, and then when she actually had the intention of confessing, Hayate told her there's someone he loves. So, there wasn't much for her to do, since after being told that, there's simply no place for any sort of confession. There's also Athena's rescue, but once again, there was simply no opportunity for her to confess at that moment, and it probably would have been of poor taste had she done so at that moment.

Mind you, I'm not saying she's not altruistic, but she has had opportunities to confess which she never took, not because of altruism, but due to her own insecurities.
Old 2010-02-15, 12:48   Link #5748
hinakatbklyn

Has this series become too dramatic for me that I should not continue? Well I've gone this far, I won't stop now. Not when I still have other volumes to catch up on.

A character yelling Hayate's name and he shows up the next page? I've lost track how many times that has happened now. It's happened to Nagi, I think Ayumu has been in that scenario as well. Now Athena?

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-02-15 at 13:37.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 14:24   Link #5749
_blahhead_
BLAHH3ad

I don't get why Nagi would lose her inheritance since according to the terms here, she got the stone from Hayate (which is technically defeating him) and she destroyed the stone, so she completed the conditions of inheritance and gets to take it from herself... So unless I missed something, isn't that loopholed? So all we have to deal with now is her reaction on Hayate with A-tan.
_blahhead_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 14:57   Link #5750
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
A character yelling Hayate's name and he shows up the next page? I've lost track how many times that has happened now. It's happened to Nagi, I think Ayumu has been in that scenario as well. Now Athena?
It happened to Nagi, Hina, but I don't know about Ayumu. The emotional built up and their relationships are the differences that make this scene much more powerful than the other ones, at least to me.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 16:08   Link #5751
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Mm, it happened to Ayumu. I don't remember the exact chapter, but it was after her bike brakes failed again.
Old 2010-02-15, 16:14   Link #5752
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidestep View Post
Mm, it happened to Ayumu. I don't remember the exact chapter, but it was after her bike brakes failed again.
That was the scene I was thinking of, and I'm certain I own that volume. I still have to look it up though for the exact chapter.

Edit:
Spoiler for Volume 9:

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-02-15 at 19:54.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 17:23   Link #5753
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Here is the chapter but no dice. http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c087/14.html
Maybe it's from another chapter.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 17:25   Link #5754
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _blahhead_ View Post
I don't get why Nagi would lose her inheritance since according to the terms here, she got the stone from Hayate (which is technically defeating him) and she destroyed the stone, so she completed the conditions of inheritance and gets to take it from herself... So unless I missed something, isn't that loopholed? So all we have to deal with now is her reaction on Hayate with A-tan.
This actually makes a lot of sense, who knows, maybe Nagi knew what she was doing in the end .
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 18:43   Link #5755
Mentar
Banned

I don't think that Ayumu ever had a "summon Hayate" moment, to be honest. Nagi had several, with Maria I'm not sure tbh...

Hina also had one (the haunted old school building)
Old 2010-02-15, 21:46   Link #5756
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Maybe I misunderstood you, but it seemed to me that with "she no longer felt very depressed" you wanted to indicate that since c239 Hina had come to terms with the truth and was feeling content in saving Hayate. This, however, is not true. Now she has saved Hayate, and faced with the bitter truth in front of her, Hina is turning away crying. Right now at this moment, she's having her most painful moment ever in the entire story.

I see nothing credible in the short or medium run. Then again, it seems that the story will last for quite a while longer, and so, long run is perfect.

So, in the near future, I expect Hina to distance herself from Hayate a bit while never losing her feelings for him. I could see a rebirth of "Hayate sucks as a BF" mode like when she was angry at him for "neglecting" Ayumu, just this time with Athena. She will continue to help him out in time of need and continue to be torn over her "save him or be loved by him" dilemma. And I still stick to my old prediction: If Hina is ever to successfully confess (edit: as in "so that Hayate fully understands her intention"), it's going to trigger the end run of the show.

Hata very carefully constructed the story so that Hayate is still unaware of Hina's feelings and her help in the fight. It would be entirely pointless to have her confess now, especially since everyone agreed to begin with that it was "too early" and could have never worked in the first place.

No, the fact that Hina is still "uncovered" is her biggest asset. Athena has just peaked with the end of her arc. Hina still has "Big Twist" potential.

Yep, it was a very sad last page, but at the same time exceptionally beautiful. A totally unexpected treat for Hina-shippers like me. Hina had another unpleasant shock: After Hayate's talks, it was unclear for Hina if Athena would accept Hayate's apology/confession after the fall-out 10 years ago. Now she has visual proof, and it hurts.

The "That's not our job" line is simple to understand: She understood that after all the years, Hayate and Athena had their reunion. And she knew that the two of them would want to be alone now. So she drew Isumi away with this line to give them some privacy and savor her reunion. This controlled and measured reaction also indicates that it's extremely unlikely that Hina will "break" over this.
Quote:
I'm not sure if I want Hina to "win", but I definitely want her to be rewarded in some way

Also, I wouldn't say it's merely a "small glimmer of hope". We may have to agree to disagree here, but the ending of this arc (correctly predicted concerning Hina, by the way) definitely boosted her long-range chances. If I had to put down money, I definitely give Hina at least 2:1 over Athena to "win" by now. This show isn't going to end anytime soon, and I don't see Athena (who just had her climax and is about to learn that Hayate will return to care for Nagi) on top for the rest of the show.

Ayumu (who is the only kind of "reward" Hata awarded to Hina so far) essentially already gave her tacit approval and support. But unless pushed into a really extreme scene, I don't see Hina spilling the beans anytime soon, if at all. So let's see how the story will develop from now on.

The EotW arc essentially highlighted 3 players around Hayate. Athena was the damsel in distress, with a long history. Nagi sacrificed the safety of her money to get Hayate out of a fix (very selfless, if maybe a tad naive). And Hina pushed what she could to help Hayate (also very selfless). However, the story underlines already that Hina is deeply unhappy, and Nagi will also be crestfallen if/when she learns the truth. Which means that THIS CAN NOT BE THE END.

If Hayate no Gotoku ends, it will be positive, with the consent of all major players, I'm sure of that. Until then, we have to wait. And cheer on Hina for collecting more karma points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I don't think Hina is THAT altruistic. Back when she tried to confess, she was being held by her own insecurities, and then when she actually had the intention of confessing, Hayate told her there's someone he loves. So, there wasn't much for her to do, since after being told that, there's simply no place for any sort of confession. There's also Athena's rescue, but once again, there was simply no opportunity for her to confess at that moment, and it probably would have been of poor taste had she done so at that moment.

Mind you, I'm not saying she's not altruistic, but she has had opportunities to confess which she never took, not because of altruism, but due to her own insecurities.
Quote:
Has this series become too dramatic for me that I should not continue? Well I've gone this far, I won't stop now. Not when I still have other volumes to catch up on.

Quote:
That was the scene I was thinking of, and I'm certain I own that volume. I still have to look it up though for the exact chapter.

Edit:
Spoiler for Volume 9:
@Mentar
It's alright pal, but, as for all of your posts that you posted, three words: "Well said, Mentar." Cause after all of those hardship is faced, when the time comes, "it" will make it happen.

And yes, after all of that, she needs to gain a big reward for her. Well, it is Hata's story after all. He got to construct its storyline carefully along with his "plan" and his desire to satisfy him and his fans, and he can do whatever he want.

Of course, I know Hata himself has a plan for Hayate X Hina in mind, so no worries. Thing is, how it looks like? And how to make it happen? But, he did predict that the changes of the relationship of Hayate and Hina will take place in the near future. Question is, how it look like? Will it happen? And how did it change? Either way, I'll be looking forward to it.

That's right. It's too early to end this story, and it's too early for Hina as well since she did not gain any rewards. After all the good things she had done for Hayate, and yet she did not deserve any rewards for herself. That is so unfair! UNFAIR INDEED! It really make me want to make a rant for this. ARGH!

And yes, I agree. This story should be extend even longer, the longer the better it is. Since this is shounen manga, not necessary to be just comedy when it comes to HnG, it also need to mix with other things such as action, romance, drama etc. Plus, shounen mangas usually has a very long storyline to twist with, especially Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. So, the longer its storyline, the better it becomes.

@Used Can
You maybe could say such words like that, but when the time comes, you know what I mean.

@hinakatbklyn
Well, it should have to continue since some of the plot that Hata decide to add into it is still incomplete. The circle is still incomplete, you know. Plus, I'm still not satisfied with it. Not until if Hata attempt to make a miracle for Hayate X Hina in a dramatic way in the near future in order to fulfill we Hayate X Hina fans' desires.

Beside Nagi, Hina actually did yelled out his name in chapter 045. As for Ayumu, well, I don't think so. Cause I do not see any sign of it.

In conclusion, patience is essential to awaiting for a positive ending. Cause HnG is a shounen manga after all.
So Hina fans, be patient laddies, a miracle will soon make it happen in the near future.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 21:47   Link #5757
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I don't think that Ayumu ever had a "summon Hayate" moment, to be honest. Nagi had several, with Maria I'm not sure tbh...

Hina also had one (the haunted old school building)
i am pretty sure she had one.

if i remebr it correctly, aymui was heading toward the hot spring on here bike and she ran into problem as when she first met hayate.
Old 2010-02-16, 02:52   Link #5758
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i am pretty sure she had one.

if i remebr it correctly, aymui was heading toward the hot spring on here bike and she ran into problem as when she first met hayate.
But when she saved her for the first time, she didn't even know him. So she couldn't have called for him to save her. It was what made her notice him in the first place.

The second time with her having bike troubles was in c87, but she didn't call out for him either. And the pre-onsen attack on her was in c115, also without her calling for Hayate.

I'm pretty sure it simply didn't happen.
Old 2010-02-16, 23:17   Link #5759
Used Can

So, as I said I would, I've bought this week's Shōnen Sunday.

Spoiler:

FUCK YEAH!

Anyway, I don't think we've seen the last of King Midas.
Old 2010-02-16, 23:50   Link #5760
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

So chapter 260 gonna be Athena x Hayate.......
Don't know what to say,
either hate it or love it.....
but again,
I'm supporting Wolf x Nagi so decent it.....

Tags
comedy, shounen