Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-19, 06:02   Link #341
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
As a Wikipedian, albeit a very inactive one these days, I must attempt to shed some light and dispel some myths about what Wikipedia is and is not. This debate about "spoilers" in Wikipedia entries (w.r.t. novels, TV series, books, etc. etc.) has been going on for years among Wikipedians and is still probably ongoing. But the general consensus is that Wikipedia is meant to be an Online Encyclopedia, and articles that use a "write-around" approach, or written in any manner by omitting details Purposefully (such as with the Intention of not "spoiling" a story) violates the "encyclopedic" nature of Wikipedia. Having plot details in a Wikipedia article is hence entirely acceptable under the guidelines of Wikipedia. The bulk of the debate these days is about having spoiler tags vs not having them. That, in itself, is a complicated subject, due to various difficulties, subjective interpretations of spoilers, dependencies of content, whether it adheres to the true spirit of Wikipedia, etc. etc. I would not even want to go on. It will be greatly appreciated if the community refrains (I can't really stop you though :P) from posting subjective opinions on Wikipedia without a comprehensive understanding on Wikipedia's editing guidelines. Thank you.

In short, if you need a synopsis or review without spoilers, go to a more appropriate site and not to Wikipedia and expect information without spoilers! For Denyuden, it's official site has tons of good information (http://www.denyuden.jp/index2.html), with relationship charts, maps for every epsiodes, synopsis for next episode and etc. etc. This may not be the best solution, but you can run Google translate on most of the pages since it's not flash-based website.

Cheers!
Of course, with most series the Wikipedos tend to wait at least until it's completed its run in Japan before inundating the wiki page with anything beyond vague character outlines and episode synopses. It's just common courtesy. And by your "go to the homepage and use Google Translate" logic, wouldn't it be better for those who do wish to be spoiled to "go to the Japanese wiki page and use Google Translate"?
Old 2010-07-19, 09:30   Link #342
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Anyhow, Shion seems to have taken to becoming King Arthur. He's on a righteous crusade to conquer "evil" kingdoms around him to install his own brand of law and civilization in order to bring long lasting peace. It seems he's out to become Tokugawa or some sort of Emperor. Seems like he's conquered almost all of what he wants and is on his final target.
Not sure if he's planning on world domination - doesn't look like it to me - but I'd say he's still at the start of his campaign. He is the king of his country following a revolution, but the nobles only support him as far as keeping up appearances is concerned. His real power is still limited and the nobles are still corrupt. There was nothing yet about Sion conquering any of the surrounding kingdoms, either, although there might be some conflict coming up for him to earn the moniker of "hero-king" (probably just the revolution that brings him to the throne).
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 12:05   Link #343
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Not sure if he's planning on world domination - doesn't look like it to me - but I'd say he's still at the start of his campaign. He is the king of his country following a revolution, but the nobles only support him as far as keeping up appearances is concerned. His real power is still limited and the nobles are still corrupt.
Exactly. All Shion is interested in right now is running his country "correctly" in his view (humanely, I think), and when he gets enough power, he will give those "nobles" the comeuppance they so richly deserve...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 16:51   Link #344
pampz21
ShipCore

well as for tittle hero king ...he didn;t really do that...it was Ryner he stop or massacre estabur no kishi...-_- so basically he kingship is just for a show..

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 20:50   Link #345
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
well as for tittle hero king ...he didn;t really do that...it was Ryner he stop or massacre estabur no kishi...-_- so basically he kingship is just for a show..
Well I don't think that's what made him king just a hero of the country. The war is still going on and Shion isn't that high in the power circles yet. You'd have to think what he does next to gain the title is more about why he has that fame and that the events of this episode is just part of his legend.

Anyways for some reason feel like Keifer is safer in prison than outside it. What kind of actions is she going to take now that she is out and about?

A really messy episode so many just got massacred including those knights who did the initial killing. Well hopefully before they died they learned a valuable lesson. I mean really if you fear alpha stigma probably best not to try and get a rise out of the guy who has it.
Old 2010-07-20, 00:47   Link #346
FateAnomaly

They did the same thing anime villains like to do. Gloat. If they did everything matter of factly then they wouldn't have died. But of course dying is precisely their purpose to show how awesome the protagonist is.

What kind of idiotic country solve their food problem by waging war anyway. Unless their soldiers don't need to eat or actually eat humans...
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 04:37   Link #347
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
What kind of idiotic country solve their food problem by waging war anyway. Unless their soldiers don't need to eat or actually eat humans...
Sounds like a good solution to me actually.

1) Your standing army can forage for supplies in enemy territory. Armies eat a lot, so that's one problem solved as long as the war lasts and the enemy has food.

2) People are gonna die, both soldiers and civilians. Less mouths to feed.

3) You can force conscription and send the recruits off to the main army, to forage. Again, less mouths to feed.

4) Take over their fertile farmland and/or pillage it all and ship it back. Optionally enslave them or kill them all, then send your own farmers in.

5) Levy a war tax and/or sell off loot in exchange for foreign food supplies from 3rd party neutral countries.
Old 2010-07-20, 04:53   Link #348
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Sounds like a good solution to me actually.

1) Your standing army can forage for supplies in enemy territory. Armies eat a lot, so that's one problem solved as long as the war lasts and the enemy has food.

2) People are gonna die, both soldiers and civilians. Less mouths to feed.

3) You can force conscription and send the recruits off to the main army, to forage. Again, less mouths to feed.

4) Take over their fertile farmland and/or pillage it all and ship it back. Optionally enslave them or kill them all, then send your own farmers in.

5) Levy a war tax and/or sell off loot in exchange for foreign food supplies from 3rd party neutral countries.
Problem is it assumes that you won't get crushed in battle which is what happened here.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 04:55   Link #349
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Problem is it assumes that you won't get crushed in battle which is what happened here.
Hence, the "less mouth to feed " part kicks in......
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 04:58   Link #350
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
But if you get owned hard enough the losses aren't limited to just less mouth, more like less country. Think Nazi germany.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 05:00   Link #351
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
But if you get owned hard enough the losses aren't limited to just less mouth, more like less country. Think Nazi germany.
Ah, but that's a different story altogether, not quite related to the overpopulation problem But let's not drag the Nazis into this, they get enough exposure as is.
Old 2010-07-20, 05:06   Link #352
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
not if your country is about to go under due to hunger, debt and civil unrest. Better to lose and be taken over by a powerful nation so all that becomes their problem now. look at east and west germany.
Old 2010-07-20, 10:31   Link #353
FateAnomaly

There wouldn't be any food for you even if you invade other country. If by some chance your starving army win against their well fed army and they retreat back, any food they can't bring with them will be razed.

If you lost your army, the invading country would just take whatever little you have left and leave you with the problem.

Those countries in the show aren't the humanitarian type.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 11:48   Link #354
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Quote:
It also kicks off "less food to give"

Regardless if you force people to join armies, salvage enemy base or whatnot, to get to their territory requires a lot of supply/ration to start the journey...

Getting from one territory to another is not a 12 hour trip, could be weeks, months or years.

And thinking you can just salvage enemy territory is really naive, it will never work if you barely have any rations to begin with, the enemy won't even bother to come out of their bases...instead, they would just wait for your supply to be deplete completely...and even then, they don't even need to come out to finish you off...your army will die on their journey home.

You are better off forcing everyone from your country to become farmers or kicking people out the country for no apparent reasons.

Quote:
not if your country is about to go under due to hunger, debt and civil unrest. Better to lose and be taken over by a powerful nation so all that becomes their problem now. look at east and west germany.
If you plan on being taken over, it's better to just surrender than to wage a war against them
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 14:56   Link #355
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

I'm interested in finding out what happens to Keifer, will the show her future (will she appear again in the show?) I hope so! Her "friendship" with ryner intrigued me.
Old 2010-07-20, 21:52   Link #356
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
There wouldn't be any food for you even if you invade other country. If by some chance your starving army win against their well fed army and they retreat back, any food they can't bring with them will be razed.

If you lost your army, the invading country would just take whatever little you have left and leave you with the problem.

Those countries in the show aren't the humanitarian type.
You will be surprised to see what people can do when desperation is turned into motivation. History is filled with examples of despearte and under equipped armies defeating a larger and better supplied army.

As for the scorched earth tactic, well it is common sense but you should think about how often this is either forgotten or simply could not be done because of circumstance or incompetence. I only have Afganistan to base this on. But the russians left behind alot of shit when they were retreating all those years ago. they are still finding storehouses left behind by the soviets till this day. I don't need to tell you that the many weapons and explosives used for IEDs that are being used to attack ISAF forces today are the left over legacys of that war. And lets not even talk about all the shit the Americans leave behind .

Also Its not a matter of the country being humanitarian or not. If they invade you they invaded you for a reason, if you want the country's territory(a definition for a invasion) you will have to establish chain of command to manage your new territory and sooner or later you will have to deal with those problems of your new territory. However how they deal with it is up to them so having your country pillaged and raped in the aftermath is completely possible so I will agree there that this is not a good alternative to being starved out.

Also we are getting horribly off topic as i don't think this anime will be dealing with topics such as these. Anyways i m gonna say that the next episode will most likely be slow and the reports written by Ryner mentioned by Ferris in ep1 will be explained.
Old 2010-07-21, 18:55   Link #357
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I kept feeling like something was missing from my line up this season and now i know what it was. I always need to have one of what i like to call epic series in my line up, similar to Utawarerumono and Tears of Tiara both of which i loved immensely.

I sat down last night and watched the 3 current episodes back to back and knew i was going to like this from the start. I love how they managing the story the first episode gave us a look at the present to get us familiar with the main characters involved and few hints about how things came about. Episodes 2 and 3 were about how it began. I feel the last 2 episodes were the most important. this shows me that they are really focusing on this art form we call story telling. Not only is interesting and paced perfectly there is a air mystery there is not too much information being given at once. I hate when stories try to rush through the past just to get back to the present. Not only are the characters interesting but they are also all different personalities unique in their own right. Magic, sword fighting comedy and conspiracy. I will be looking for Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu every week and depending on the progression of course will be adding to my list of DVD's to buy.

BTW that massacre of the military students was horrible. It just goes to show how far some evil nobles will go to get their way. Kill a bunch of innocents to get the one you want. Well they failed they killed everyone except the person who was suppose to die. It was strange they had no problem showing the heads of the male Academy soldiers when they got lopped off. However the girl (cant remember her name) with glasses was besides the tree with her obviously in her lap after being chopped off but they would pan up just to her eyes being wide open. Im not sure if this was censorship or if showing the eyes was suppose to invoke a more emotional response from the audience.
Old 2010-07-22, 09:16   Link #358
Used Can

Hmmm... So, I just watched the first 3 episodes. What can I say? I feel uneasy I guess.
The first 3 episodes were great, the main characters seem really likeable, and the story seems to have a lot of potential, which is the source of my uneasiness. I rarely do see any series with as much potential as this one fully capitalising on what they have. So, I'd rather not make any expectations.

At the very least, it seems to make for a decent show. Hopefully, they author has been exploiting the full potential of his story, and we'll get to see something great in this anime. Until then, I reserve any further judgement.
Old 2010-07-22, 12:32   Link #359
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

2chan thread for ep4:

~Link removed~

Suffice it to say, this link is very short-lived (it'll be gone by tomorrow morning) and thus there is NO point in quoting my post or copy-pasting its contents. If you want to repost screenshots, reup them on ImageShack or Photobucket and use the new urls - in other words, don't hotlink.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2010-07-23 at 01:28. Reason: 2chan link removal
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 14:06   Link #360
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
LOL, hobo Ryer makes me think in hobo Hei....

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen