AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 19:20   Link #101
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

What I think Funimation will do is get out the first one as soon as they can (not only is this a holiday weekend in the US but it was also the weekend of a pretty big con) and then get the following ones out the same day as the release date in Japan. The Tatima Galaxy and House of Five Leaves were the same day and Funimation has picked up other simulcasts later in the season and caught up pretty fast. So wait until the schedule announcement on Tuesday to kick up a fuss, wait days does Legend air anyway?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 09:31   Link #102
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
wait days does Legend air anyway?
Legend airs on Thursday, I believe. (I assume you meant to ask "what day does Legend air?" )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 09:43   Link #103
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Legend airs on Thursday, I believe. (I assume you meant to ask "what day does Legend air?" )
Erm wow, I must've been tired not to catch that. XD And thanks!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:04   Link #104
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The main characters are cool and scene choreography is good, but the side characters are really cliche.
Old 2010-07-05, 12:42   Link #105
SemperMalum

After watching that first episode...

I have no idea what's going on. But, definitely kept my interest.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 13:43   Link #106
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperMalum View Post
After watching that first episode...

I have no idea what's going on. But, definitely kept my interest.
yeah thats what i felt too...then i watch it again...says wow...it not boring ...but quite good got hook up and watch the pv looks like the 2nd ep will answer who they are and how the hell happend at the end of 1st ep....

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:26   Link #107
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode one felt to me as if they had taken an interesting story and characters and somehow managed to make it all rather boring. But I'll be back for ep2.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:17   Link #108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Episode one felt to me as if they had taken an interesting story and characters and somehow managed to make it all rather boring. But I'll be back for ep2.
My opinion is complete opposite. First episode did a great job of setting up the characters and this brand new world. Plus it looks like we're in for a flashback episode next week, so there begins the depth of the characters.

Certainly surprised by the humor in this one. Delivers, and doesn't break the overall mood of the show. Good job.
Old 2010-07-05, 17:44   Link #109
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
What the. Episode 1 is so random. It feels like I'm watching an extended Old Spice commercial.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 19:58   Link #110
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

I'm wondering if they'll go with the manga's general progression or with the light novels. The manga's first 3 volumes seem to have the general feel for what this show should be like but that's hardly ever a reason for an anime to follow it.

Then again, first volume had a flashback in it that set up the basics of what happened two years prior to the present day. If they're doing a flashback next episode, I wonder if they're doing the academy stuff (I haven't seen ep 1 or the preview yet).
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 20:28   Link #111
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
My opinion is complete opposite. First episode did a great job of setting up the characters and this brand new world. Plus it looks like we're in for a flashback episode next week, so there begins the depth of the characters.

Certainly surprised by the humor in this one. Delivers, and doesn't break the overall mood of the show. Good job.
I was surprised by the humor in this, I didn't think it would be all that great but it's pretty good.
Thing is I think this show is not bad and gets off to a good start but I get this feeling it could be better.

I'm liking Ayahi Takagaki here, it's always a joy to listen to her.
Old 2010-07-05, 21:21   Link #112
Jarmel

Honestly, this felt like jumping midway into a story where everybody know what's going on except you. There was nothing here that hooked me but nothing that turned me off either.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 22:38   Link #113
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I agree on the boring part, though I am more doubtful that the source material is not to blame

Anyway, I read in some blog that this is like Slayers, and quite frankly I felt the same several times ... so if they focus on parody of AD&D, Tolkien, etc. it can turn out very nice, but if they take their show seriously, their target audience will narrow down to puberty geeks
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 00:03   Link #114
Johnny
Working the bags...

Liked the magic aspect of it and the humor was so so. Although I hope they don't constantly use the female lead beating on the male lead schtick. That crap get's old really fast for me. Must have watched too much Naruto and it's like a stigma or something...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 02:58   Link #115
ninja_pintu

I am having mixed feeling about this one. This show seems to have everything it needs to make it epic. Nice setting, good story(atleast seems to be), cool main characters, awesome animation, good music. It is just overflowing with potential. Yet the first episode was unimpressive. It was a bad move to start like this. I just couldn't get into it. It was interesting but it couldn't hook me up. Well I am hoping that the next episode starts the series properly.
Old 2010-07-06, 03:07   Link #116
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
I am having mixed feeling about this one. This show seems to have everything it needs to make it epic. Nice setting, good story(atleast seems to be), cool main characters, awesome animation, good music. It is just overflowing with potential. Yet the first episode was unimpressive. It was a bad move to start like this. I just couldn't get into it. It was interesting but it couldn't hook me up. Well I am hoping that the next episode starts the series properly.
It's kinda sad that they have started off with a side story when they have only 26 episodes to get through 11 volumes of plot. I have a feeling that episode 2 will be much better received...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 03:49   Link #117
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's kinda sad that they have started off with a side story when they have only 26 episodes to get through 11 volumes of plot. I have a feeling that episode 2 will be much better received...
You know for certain they will cover all 11 volumes?
Old 2010-07-06, 05:23   Link #118
ninja_pintu

It's better if they don't. They can finish it in another season. That way the story won't be rushed.
Old 2010-07-06, 09:02   Link #119
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

believe me its better if they rushed it...
Old 2010-07-06, 10:26   Link #120
yuiichi9

I wonder if anyone knows where I can find summaries of the novels. On a side note Johnny from which anime is your avatar?
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen