AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 22:19   Link #441
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Now that we have a couple more characters, I have made a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of the characters and their seiyuus, and some info about each seiyuu.

Iguchi Yuka (Index) has not shown up yet, but we already have Nonaka Ai (Kafuka, Fuuka, Iriya) playing Meme and the wonderful Katou Emiri as Ryuuko. Emirin (Kagami, Hideyoshi, Kyuube, etc.) really seems to be hitting her stride as a seiyuu.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 22:40   Link #442
Texas84
よろしく

Love this. The girls are super cute and super insane. Nice change of pace after Madoka Magica and Ano Hi Mita Hana episode 2.
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 22:41   Link #443
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh man, that was an awesome second episode. I think I 'hhnngghhh' so much I almost died.

And there is no denying the ET reference anymore, lol.

And thanks to someone spoiling me, I am seeing through some of the metaphors in Erio's lingo already. Kind of a shame.
Old 2011-04-22, 23:02   Link #444
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Second episode was interesting. First Niwa has a lolwtf discussion with Erio, then he meets some girls - first safety helmet girl, then sandwich suit girl, both of which are a little denpa themselves
Curious to see whow his relationshipt with the girls will develop.
Then there's an excursion at night to the sea, during which Erio almost drowns, but Niwa saves her. Finally we get to know Erio's sad background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
@shimapan where did you get your avatar/sig or rather from what game?
That's a good question to which I really would like the answer myself
I just found the pic on the interweb, without any indication where it's from, not even the girl's name

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
asking for fansub if I remember it right are not allowed on this forum or talking about them.
No, that's only if a fansub has been picked up by Crunchytroll, or has been licensed, neither of which is the case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
After all the good things that happened to him this episode, he is still in the minuses!?

Unbelievable.
He had a carry-over of -10 from last week, so -4 is already an improvement over that.
Old 2011-04-23, 01:45   Link #445
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I still think Niwa is quite a bland main lead.

I means he's OK for a normal harem series, but the cuter the girls are, the more awesome the guy have to be, to avoid backslash. And so far he's quite average
Old 2011-04-23, 01:58   Link #446
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I still think Niwa is quite a bland main lead.

I means he's OK for a normal harem series, but the cuter the girls are, the more awesome the guy have to be, to avoid backslash. And so far he's quite average
For my part I totally disagree with that. I find him to be one of the more interesting male leads of late. He has an interestingly skewed and odd way of looking at things, and his reactions to the weirdness around him have generally been both entertaining and sensible. It's Erio who really isn't working for me so far.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 03:57   Link #447
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Oh man, that was an awesome second episode. I think I 'hhnngghhh' so much I almost died.

And there is no denying the ET reference anymore, lol.

And thanks to someone spoiling me, I am seeing through some of the metaphors in Erio's lingo already. Kind of a shame.
Yeah, the E.T. references are beyond obvious, so should we wait for any finger touching moment any time soon? Also, there's the fact that Erio Touwa's initial is also E.T...
Old 2011-04-23, 04:00   Link #448
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Is it just me, or was there quite a few innuendos in ep2. Nude "head", "pedal slow/fast" etc. Or do I just have perverted mind?

EDIT: After watching the full ep, it seemed like I was watching a more juvenile, "cute" version of Bakemonogatari. The camera shots, the dialogue, the sexual jokes, the fanservice, the weirdness... it all gave me a similar vibe.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-04-23 at 04:36.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 04:40   Link #449
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Is it just me, or was there quite a few innuendos in ep2. Nude "head", "pedal slow/fast" etc. Or do I just have perverted mind?

Damn you, now I can't see that scene as anything but verbal foreplay!!!
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 04:54   Link #450
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I suspect that Makoto was stimulated by the genki girl.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 05:19   Link #451
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:

EDIT: After watching the full ep, it seemed like I was watching a more juvenile, "cute" version of Bakemonogatari. The camera shots, the dialogue, the sexual jokes, the fanservice, the weirdness... it all gave me a similar vibe.
You just have a perverted mind. But now i'm curious on what is going on in your head when you mentioned those
Old 2011-04-23, 09:25   Link #452
Itlandm
Porcupine

OK, we've seen Erio roll herself into the futon. But if there are no aliens, who ties the strings and knots?
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 09:57   Link #453
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
OK, we've seen Erio roll herself into the futon. But if there are no aliens, who ties the strings and knots?
Good point, didn’t notice that until now. I guess her doing them with her legs is out of the question?
Old 2011-04-23, 10:21   Link #454
brocko

Things like telepathy is trivial business for Erio. Erio's obviously capable of extraterrestrial powers beyond our wildest of imaginations so common tasks such as tieing herself up in a futon must be even more trivival. Of course she can only unlock these powers when no one else is present, the only sole drawback of such powerful abilities

But onto less joking matters, i assume she starts the process around her waist/lower body leaving her arms and hands free to tie the string. After that it's just a simple matter of sliding it up to cover her upper body or her sliding into it lower, however way you may want to look at it lol. Either that or she may have another set of invisible arms much like some other mis-treated yet violent alien race that we might know of
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Quote:

You just have a perverted mind. But now i'm curious on what is going on in your head when you mentioned those
I'm inclined to agree with risingstar here. The potential pervertedness flew way over my head until i stuck my neck up in this thread

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 10:21   Link #455
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Good point, didn’t notice that until now. I guess her doing them with her legs is out of the question?
I thought her mother did it every morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
I'm inclined to agree with risingstar here. The potential pervertedness flew way over my head until i stuck my neck up in this thread
I didn't quite catch it either. I think I was in too much shock from moe overload. But there are a ton of double entendres here, my bet is that was one too.
Old 2011-04-23, 11:17   Link #456
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Technically it should be possible to wrap the futon, then tie it up, and then get in it.
Old 2011-04-23, 11:44   Link #457
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 13:28   Link #458
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Now we have met some of his classmates I have come to the following conclusion:

They are all aliens.

Everyone is an alien.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 14:35   Link #459
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Episode 2 loses some of the instantaneous appeal of episode 1, but still delivers funny situations with our dear Erio. The opening scene between Erio and Makoto is kind of cute. I also picked up upon the various sexual hints dropped by our horny main character Makoto... and I wish I hadn't. Interestingly, the girls are the ones blushing. Makoto seems to enjoy their company, but has little romantic interest in his female classmates and his interstellar cousin. For some reason, I enjoy whenever Erio and Makoto talk to each other. They're slowly developing the one true pairing bond.

Sandwich girl is awesome. The randomly included butt shots were pure Shaft. Why she even wears that outfit is a question best left unanswered... the viewers should simply conclude the entire town is full of weirdos. Of course, none weirder than beautiful Erio.

Internally I'm having a conflict between believing whether Erio actually got abducted by aliens or not. The viewers have little evidence to support Erio's own story; no one else believes her, and Erio can't really fly as she claims. Logically, Erio seems to be a shell-shocked kidnappee who uses her own childhood dreams to cope with the half a year away from town. Yet despite all the overwhelming realism, I'm inclined to go fantasy. I'd like to believe Erio actually got turned into a half-alien. It's the only way I can find an explanation for Erio's sheer beauty...
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 14:51   Link #460
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Huhu, this is Arakawa all over again. Logic dictates Erio is a human who wents nuts after undergoing a traumatic experience, and yet since this is anime, we can't throw the possiblity she's an alien out of the window. Furthermore, I think that deep down we want her to be an alien, as it would make her behavior plain funny rather than funny and sad.

Personally, after hearing Meme's story in episode 2, I'm convinced she's just a normal girl. Wait, that's not accurate. It think she's a very abnormal girl (her beauty alone is out of this world) that is still human nonetheless.

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life