Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-30, 17:24   Link #701
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
There's a movie comming soon, has there been any info on it?
The movie is just a rumor. If you know of a credible source stating that a movie is in production, please cite it.
Old 2008-07-30, 18:21   Link #702
Nervous Venus

Wasn't it announced in the May issue of Newtype?
Old 2008-07-30, 18:47   Link #703
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
The movie is just a rumor. If you know of a credible source stating that a movie is in production, please cite it.
Not a rumour, it was announced in Newtype a few months back. Look for the thread in the Unaired forum.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 11:13   Link #704
strategos

It's also listed on AnimeNews NEtwork. I think it should be release late 2008, early 2009.
Little bit off topic here, since Newtype has been mention. Is it still on the states? or has it been officially cancel off?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 12:30   Link #705
Nervous Venus

Newtype ceased publication earlier this year.
Old 2008-08-05, 08:45   Link #706
typhonsentra

You're thinking of Newtype USA.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 00:27   Link #707
Nervous Venus

Of course. The person was asking if it still ran "in the states", so I replied accordingly. Thanks for the clarification, in case someone misunderstood
Old 2008-09-09, 09:58   Link #708
arias

A few years later in retrospect, the Eureka 7 series is pretty immense. In terms of the emotional impact of the last few episodes I think it matches closely in strength to Vision of Escaflowne, but with a more positive note of hope and promise.

I absolutely hated the first 10 or so episodes because the "brat" stage of Renton was unbearable; I've watched so many JP bildungsroman but this was spectacularly annoying. The evolution of the character relationships and the general art and musical direction were extremely outstanding and Eureka 7 contains some of the best OPs, EDs and in-scene music for an anime.

Here's to hoping that there's a movie.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 11:14   Link #709
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
Here's to hoping that there's a movie.
There is going to be a movie, it was announced months ago that it'll be a retelling of the series.
Old 2008-09-09, 12:01   Link #710
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There is going to be a movie, it was announced months ago that it'll be a retelling of the series.
Retelling a 50-episode anime in a two-hour long movie?

Failure confirmed.
Old 2008-09-09, 12:05   Link #711
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
Retelling a 50-episode anime in a two-hour long movie?

Failure confirmed.
Theres been nothing concrete said about what the movie will actually be. There's no reason to believe that it will be a re-telling.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 12:09   Link #712
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Theres been nothing concrete said about what the movie will actually be. There's no reason to believe that it will be a re-telling.
Retelling was a bad word of choice, my bad. I was just going by this: "Although the creators are promising a new Eureka Seven "mythos," it will still feature the Renton and Eureka characters that starred in the original television version."
Old 2008-09-09, 21:23   Link #713
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Retelling was a bad word of choice, my bad. I was just going by this: "Although the creators are promising a new Eureka Seven "mythos," it will still feature the Renton and Eureka characters that starred in the original television version."
Ah, we'll see then.

I went ahead and read the Eureka 7 manga till the end, and it was far more depressing than the anime.. I prefer the latter.
Old 2008-10-04, 21:38   Link #714
Dark Mage

Yeah I just finished reading the manga and it was depressing coz they couldnt be together even after all the trouble they went through and loving each other so much and at the end it shows poor Renton still waiting for Eureka. So I havnt watched the Anime so is it a lot different than the manga ending? Does Eureka get to stay with Renton? Is there a talk of a sequel to this manga?
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 10:31   Link #715
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
So I havnt watched the Anime so is it a lot different than the manga ending?
Yes.

Spoiler for Anime Ending:
Old 2008-10-05, 11:59   Link #716
Wesley84

Anime was better than the manga.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 15:39   Link #717
Kenagalaz

This is one of those cases where the anime is better than the manga.

Acutally, in this case the anime is the original story, and the manga came later as an alternative retelling of the story.
Kenagalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 17:53   Link #718
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenagalaz View Post
Acutally, in this case the anime is the original story, and the manga came later as an alternative retelling of the story.
Indeed. I like the alternate retelling in the manga --- and it's because of that i won't compare the two because they're different.
Old 2008-11-08, 02:49   Link #719
ryokoalways

Soooo late to the party

Anyways, again I find myself wondering if I have been living under a rock for the last decade. And again I feel like that's more likely the case than not. This time, I managed to overlook this series because...

I can't remember why...

Got back into it due to playing SRW Z though because I went through the game following E7's story, and even just a small taste of it felt amazing, so I had to check it out.

The story had a pretty good kick in it, but it wasn't made overly complex. There were definitely some weaknesses such as uneven pacing in the 30s as well as a bit of a rush in the final 3 episodes, and certain parts felt a bit drawn out. However, most of these minor issues didn't matter at all because the characters took the story to another level. This is a great example of characters driving the story, and it wasn't just the main protagonists; the supporting cast had 4 other very good characters to offer, and the rest were still given a fair treatment. It didn't do it as well as Code geass S1 did, but it did it much better in the long run. The arc progression was well layered, with no arc truly unnecessarily long, and complimented character development almost perfectly.

For the characters themselves, let's see...

Renton was a surprisingly good character. I actually thought he was just going to be another generic punk kid character, but I was pleasantly surprised and proven wrong. While he was definitely not aware of much of the things going on in the world in the beginning, his naivete was genuine, not ignorance. He showed signs of maturity in his personality (most notably during the Run away from home arc), but still acted at times childish (1. He failed to realize that Eureka wanted to make him happy so she tried make-up. 2. Many times he spoke a harmful word unintentionally, like when the topic of Renton's father came up). While his wish was clear from the beginning, he was unable to express it until he matured enough as a character. This made his development more dynamic and impressive.

For Eureka, while her character type in the beginning is generic, the approach in which her character was developed was very well executed. One of the best things I loved about her is that as her character developed, you could clearly see more liveliness with her expressions. I don't mean by more facial expressions, rather, I mean that there is a significant difference between her smile in episode 1 as compared to those of later episodes. I thought the small difference was great. As for her progression, I think it just completely rode on execution. I can't really name anything special about it, but I loved every bit of it. As she learn human emotions by experiencing them, as she try to be a good mother, as she try to connect with Renton, I thought everything about it was wonderful.

The rest of Gekko state were also intriguing characters. Holland and Talho were really intriguing characters. Couples like Matthiew/Hilda and Doggie/Gidget also provide a different dynamic and influence to Renton/Eureka. Stoner played many a big role in key parts of the story, and rest of the Gekkostate also had their chance to shine. Most surprisingly, the characters Charles and Ray, whom were only present for about 5-6 episodes, had such a large impact on not just Renton, but the series itself as well. They formally introduced one of the main themes, family, and did a spectacular job at it.

As for Dominic and Anemone, I wasn't as big a fan for those two as others. I thought their character development wasn't handled as well. It came down to that they really should have been given more scenes interacting with each other.

Finally, oh my god, not just an acceptable ending, but actually a pretty damn good last arc/ending to a series. There were some unnecessary elements in the final episodes, and the story became a bit messy with Dewy's plan and all, but it was quickly brushed aside by Renton/Eureka. While it definitely felt slightly (very slightly) rushed, the last two episodes were amazingly presented. The plot of the last 2 episodes can be described in one sentence, but it was far more than that. The viewers watched the entire series for that moment, and it delivered. I mean, they left it slightly open-ended, but it didn't matter in my opinion. As long Renton and Eureka ended up together I didn't really care where they were. First well-done happy ending I have seen in a long time.

ps- The moon thing was ever so cute.
ryokoalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 23:58   Link #720
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Eureka Seven- one of the few mecha shows that I actually love (RahXephon and Gundam wing are also on that list, but almost on others). Heck, when I get the money, due to seeing this butchered on CN the first time around, the DVD's will be added to my collection (since CN cut out some stuff, as usual)

also, keep this in mind- the original source of any material is ALWAYS (okay, closer to usually) better than any other adaptations of it

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote