AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-01, 13:29   Link #61
Gunbladeuser
Trace... ON!

Weiß Schwarz is a Japanese card game.
However, there currently is one trial deck which is available in English.
I'm sure we all hope that there will be more sets and decks released in English, but right now nobody really knows if and when more will be released in English...
Gunbladeuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 20:19   Link #62
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Hopefully more Japanese hobby stores and companies here in North America will import Weiss Schwarz.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 22:41   Link #63
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdarkpaladin View Post
Weiss schwarz is a nice game really. I particularly like the rare stock system.

By the way, i'm creating a wikia that solves the problem of having not enough translation. We now have 2 translator working tirelessly, namely myself. Do come and help us proof-read. Asking questions is fine too, and we will prioritize pages that are more popular so ask away.

Visit us here: http://weissschwarz.wikia.com/
"このカードとバトル中のキャラが【リバース】した時"
"このカードとバトルしているキャラが【リバース】した時"

Since you are working on translation, may i ask your opinion on this 2 lines?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 00:25   Link #64
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbladeuser View Post
Weiß Schwarz is a Japanese card game.
However, there currently is one trial deck which is available in English.
I'm sure we all hope that there will be more sets and decks released in English, but right now nobody really knows if and when more will be released in English...
I know about the JP card game part; I see the commercials and ads for the game shown all the game. Since I don't read the EN game magazines any longer, though, I thought that like YGO (or MTG, but in the other direction), some company decided to take a chance and localize WS as well. I'll be interested in getting some, but really for the artwork.

Edit: Sorry. Got interrupted before I could finish. I guess if a good way to play this on-line could be made, I'll put together a fun deck. No one I know plays this game, so video games are more my thing ATM.

I'm a bit iffy on starting the game, however, esp. if the series keep adding series so quickly. It can drive down prices, esp. if the effects are either (1) the same or (2) overwritten by the newer series. A few card-based games' cards that I had played had prices so high and for so long that it was painful; when one rare "Haman Khan" card was going for 30,000+ yen for months, there are some problems involved.

But for collectors who specialize in specific series, it's a way to "milk" the franchise. I think I saw a "Haruhi" series recently...

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!

Last edited by LynnieS; 2010-02-02 at 00:42.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 14:39   Link #65
zigx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
When you get the Disgaea English Trial Deck, can you tell me the translated ability of
DG/S02-103?
The translated ability of that card in the English trial says when this card changes to (upside down card icon). What that basically means is defeated in battle because to indicate that a character has been defeated in battle you turn the character card upside down.

In regards to that card specifically, Overlord Laharl and his Vassal Etna, when it battles and defeats an opposing enemy character, you can take one card from your Waiting Room (Discard Pile) and put it in your stock if there are no climax cards in your opponent's Waiting room.

As an owner of a trial deck and having a friend that has one too. I enjoy playing the game, but with such a limited card selection, it can get boring at times because we both know what the best cards in the deck tend to be. At that point, it just becomes a who can get the cards out faster.

I love making my own decks when I play card games so I hope that a US company picks up the license for the game. Given the state of card games in the US however, I'm not holding my breath.
zigx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 22:04   Link #66
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigx View Post
The translated ability of that card in the English trial says when this card changes to (upside down card icon). What that basically means is defeated in battle because to indicate that a character has been defeated in battle you turn the character card upside down.

In regards to that card specifically, Overlord Laharl and his Vassal Etna, when it battles and defeats an opposing enemy character, you can take one card from your Waiting Room (Discard Pile) and put it in your stock if there are no climax cards in your opponent's Waiting room.

As an owner of a trial deck and having a friend that has one too. I enjoy playing the game, but with such a limited card selection, it can get boring at times because we both know what the best cards in the deck tend to be. At that point, it just becomes a who can get the cards out faster.

I love making my own decks when I play card games so I hope that a US company picks up the license for the game. Given the state of card games in the US however, I'm not holding my breath.
Your first paragraph and second paragraph contradict each other...

I agree with your third paragraph. Even though the game comes out with new expansion every now and then, chances are you may not even like the series. God knows when another disgaea verse series will come out. I want to form a prinny deck...
Old 2010-02-03, 15:22   Link #67
zigx

Sorry if I was being unclear. Hopefully this will simplify things? When a character is defeated in battle, you turn the card upside down to indicate this. Here is the exact word-for-word text on card SO2-E103, Overlord Laharl and his Vassal Etna, from the English trial:

"When the status of the enemy doing battle with this character changes to [upside down card icon], you can select one card from your Waiting Room and place it in your Stock if there are no Climax Cards in your opponent's Waiting Room."

Last edited by zigx; 2010-02-04 at 04:02.
zigx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 01:39   Link #68
FateAnomaly

All right thanks! Now some of the cards actually make sense and is more useful. Unfortunately Disgaea set is still relatively underpowered compared to some of the other sets.
Old 2010-02-04, 06:29   Link #69
narmi

Well since we finally have a few people who play Weiss Schwarz. Does anyone want to try playing online via webcam?

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2010-02-04, 14:24   Link #70
Gunbladeuser
Trace... ON!

Alright, my Disgaea trial deck is finally here! ^__^
After some intense playing I came to the conclusion that Weiß Schwarz is definitely fun and I don't regret buying it.
However, they should really release some more cards in English since I can see how boring it will get if you have no other English cards available.

Though I said Weiß Schwarz is fun, I also think that it could frustrate players who don't want to depend too heavily on luck since Climax Cards sometimes come out of nowhere and prevent damage at random. In the trial deck's case, I'd even go as far as to say that big damage is not worthwhile in most cases since chances are far too high to reveal a Climax Card when dealing something like 5 damage.

When I get the chance, I think I'll purchase some Japanese cards of other sets and play around a little bit with them.
I'm looking forward to finding out if this game is even better when playing "real" duels in which you don't use only 25 card decks.
At the moment I think Weiß Schwarz is fun to play, but I also think that there are better card games out there.
It does make this up with plus points though since it features cool characters. Can't wait to get to play cards from other sets like Fate/stay night.

Last edited by Gunbladeuser; 2010-02-04 at 19:14. Reason: Forgot something + Typo
Old 2010-02-05, 02:41   Link #71
narmi

^
Dang your lucky to know people who play Weiss Schwarz. There's no one playing Weiss Schwarz where I live.

Old 2010-02-05, 18:39   Link #72
Gunbladeuser
Trace... ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
^
Dang your lucky to know people who play Weiss Schwarz. There's no one playing Weiss Schwarz where I live.
You're mistaken. I don't know anyone here who plays Weiß Schwarz. But I'm going to tell people to start Weiß Schwarz. :P
Though it'd be much easier to convince people if it was in English...
Well, we'll see how this turns out.

As of now, there are two more persons interested in it, and maybe more will follow.

Last edited by Gunbladeuser; 2010-02-05 at 20:12.
Old 2010-02-05, 21:09   Link #73
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbladeuser View Post
You're mistaken. I don't know anyone here who plays Weiß Schwarz. But I'm going to tell people to start Weiß Schwarz. :P
Though it'd be much easier to convince people if it was in English...
Well, we'll see how this turns out.

As of now, there are two more persons interested in it, and maybe more will follow.
I see, well I just checked a few hobby stores in Vancouver. Only one store had a trial deck of Sengoku Basara (in Japanese), hinting there's a few people in Vancouver who are buying Weiss Schwarz.

Old 2010-02-13, 08:45   Link #74
sakix3

Hi, I would like to know, does anyone play WS in Australia, especially near Melbourne?

Thanks.
sakix3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 10:34   Link #75
kiddo1031

I'm from melbourne !! and I'm looking for ws player's to meet up ~
kiddo1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 20:56   Link #76
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
I've been interested in the game for a while now, I have the Disgaea trial deck, but like a couple of people here, I have no one to play with, hence I've never even tried it out.. I have friends that play CCGs/TCGs but no one is interested =/
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 22:46   Link #77
kiddo1031

where do you live,Judo?
Old 2010-02-14, 02:17   Link #78
sakix3

anyone need help understanding their cards, since it's in a foreign language? (inless you want to stick with your english td lol)

i can help you guys out with card translations, since i play way too much XD
sakix3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 08:01   Link #79
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddo1031 View Post
where do you live,Judo?
I live in Kuwait.( I had to write this since a post with just "Kuwait" is too short it seems. ._. )
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 08:29   Link #80
kiddo1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judo View Post
I live in Kuwait.( I had to write this since a post with just "Kuwait" is too short it seems. ._. )
wow, that's far away from melbourne

Tags
schwarz, tcg, trading card game, weiss